Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2021, 11:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Predicting winning numbers? Fact or fiction?

2033 replies. Last post 2 days ago by Player649.

Page 15 of 136
PrintE-mailLink

Do you REALLY think it is possible to predict winning numbers?

With everything in me [ 159 ]  [76.44%]
Not a chance in the lower realm [ 49 ]  [23.56%]
Total Valid Votes [ 208 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 14 ]  

Guests cannot vote  ( Log In | Register )

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
Member #3002
December 11, 2003
527 Posts

Yea... 50 games back should be enough..

although some are of the opinion that that's NOT enough,.. but the programmers that make "Lotto Pro" says it's enough, so, I trust their judgement, and obviously they're on the mark, verified by Probability Math.. and my ticket results..

Your software should be able to group and rank the ball numbers by frequency..

There's a couple of members here that have designed Positional software, you may want to search the LP site to see if they'll give you a copy... I'm not too abreasted on all its functions, but my basic understanding of it , is that you can assign ball numbers to certain pick-slots....so if you're use to putting that kinda strategy together, it may work for you...

So?, are you using LSA?

-Stat$talker

No Im just using Excel for this at the moment.

Sorry if I was mistaken I thought you were using drawn order positional analysis in your calculations.

The mouse never does figure out why the cheese is free.

Stat$talker's avatar - animated sphere.gif
    700 light yrs West of Milky Way Galaxy's Center
    United States
    Member #200642
    September 1, 2019
    1843 Posts

Sorry if I was mistaken I thought you were using drawn order positional analysis in your calculations.

Aye..!! No problem.. I'd actually like to get a copy of that positional software too.. you never know, it may change my game strategy... I'm always attentive to new ideas..I consider the concept as "thinking outside the box"... which I'm a huge fan of..I'm at the drawing board developing "Mathematical Constriction"..!!

-Stat$talker

...MATH... The final Stochastic frontier...

These are the Lottery Voyages of Stat$talker..!!

The ongoing Mission,..to seek out the Laws of "Probability Math"...

to master its rules to invoke...to Conquer ALL Major Jackpots..!!

...To boldly go,... Where NO Player has gone before...!!

United States
      Member #200642
      September 1, 2019
      1843 Posts

I have read much of this thread's discussion as to whether 50 drawing's worth of data is enough, and I have also read the Lotto Pro documentation. Nowhere does the documentation say 50 is suggested or optimal, it is just the default value. 50 is a nice round number that's not too big or too small. The verbatim phrasing throughout the Lotto Pro user guide is "...last 50 drawings (or whatever the Drawing Cutoff is set to.)" The makers of the program never say what the best Drawing Cutoff value is or give any indication as to what is enough. It is a misreprentation to say that the software makers recommend 50 on mathematical grounds. To me it appears more of an aesthetic choice.

By "50" set as the default, is their way of suggesting one at least consider starting there..it's not unusual for settings to be user interactive...no big deal..

I've been using their program for awhile now, and much of the wording in the Documentation has somewhat changed or evolved over the yrs.... I do remember reading such wording..

I see that you've decreeded "50" as being "a nice round number"...!!, but that's certainly not in its documents either..!!

but, I have no problem understanding your take on how you perceive the subject!

Just let everyone know when we get to the big fat triangular numbers or the rectangular digits... I heard that those MegaOctagonal ones are hUgE..!! Haven't seen one though..!!! ..LOL

-Stat$talker

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
        Member #3002
        December 11, 2003
        527 Posts

UK Draw Last Night.

Predicted = 11 - 23 - 26 - 34 - 38 B = 10

Actual = 8 - 10 - 16 - 23 - 39 B = 8

The mouse never does figure out why the cheese is free.

United States
          Member #200642
          September 1, 2019
          1843 Posts

UK Draw Last Night.

I see that you also suffer from the ole"1 digit away" disease..!!

We gotta find the right Medicine for their ParaPluck Plague..!!  ..LOL

-Stat$talker

United States
            Member #200642
            September 1, 2019
            1843 Posts

UK Draw Last Night.

MM winning numbers for 12/17/2019

22-30-53-55-56 (16)

and... as usual, when I play, someone wins elsewhere... this time Ohio..!! 372 Million..!!

The Math said the sum's total would be 214... it was 216 erroneously...I intentionally left MB (16) out... and what'd you...!!... "16" was picked..!!

It's pretty obvious that they're picking the numbers AFTER our number choices are seen...

-Stat$talker

United States
              Member #139773
              March 3, 2013
              417 Posts

By "50" set as the default, is their way of suggesting one at least consider starting there..it's not unusual for settings to be user interactive...no big deal..

I've been using their program for awhile now, and much of the wording in the Documentation has somewhat changed or evolved over the yrs.... I do remember reading such wording..

I see that you've decreeded "50" as being "a nice round number"...!!, but that's certainly not in its documents either..!!

but, I have no problem understanding your take on how you perceive the subject!

Just let everyone know when we get to the big fat triangular numbers or the rectangular digits... I heard that those MegaOctagonal ones are hUgE..!! Haven't seen one though..!!! ..LOL

-Stat$talker

The issue of how much history to use has been a topic of much discussion over the years.
              The best I have found to find the right amount of history to use in daily games is to
              create a 100 x 100 matrix of most frequent to least frequent of whatever you are tracking.
              Let excel count which amount of history has been most productive. Use that history in the
               next game. Mileage may vary as he idea of just using a 100 x 100 matrix is not set in stone.
               You kinda half to create a whole bunch of matrix setups to see which one works best, but that
               may be just splitting hairs as to one being better by a count of one for any given game at
               any given time. I have found that if you are tracking sums, vtracs, box frequency count,
              deltas, etc,etc.you find that the most productive history kinda of follow the basic frequency
              count of any indicator. The idea if this type of regression matrix can get you in the ball park
              of what to play next, but have also noticed that the best history tends to change over time. While
              42 games of history may work for awhile it may change upward or downward as the game is constantly
              changing with every new draw. Just my thoughts tho.Hope it helps.

It would be nice if programmers of software would include a back testing of the ideal amount of history to use

for any given game but that may be of significant complexity as I am sure someone has thought of it but implementing may not be worth headache.

United States
                Member #200642
                September 1, 2019
                1843 Posts

The issue of how much history to use has been a topic of much discussion over the years.
                The best I have found to find the right amount of history to use in daily games is to
                create a 100 x 100 matrix of most frequent to least frequent of whatever you are tracking.
                Let excel count which amount of history has been most productive. Use that history in the
                 next game. Mileage may vary as he idea of just using a 100 x 100 matrix is not set in stone.
                 You kinda half to create a whole bunch of matrix setups to see which one works best, but that
                 may be just splitting hairs as to one being better by a count of one for any given game at
                 any given time. I have found that if you are tracking sums, vtracs, box frequency count,
                deltas, etc,etc.you find that the most productive history kinda of follow the basic frequency
                count of any indicator. The idea if this type of regression matrix can get you in the ball park
                of what to play next, but have also noticed that the best history tends to change over time. While
                42 games of history may work for awhile it may change upward or downward as the game is constantly
                changing with every new draw. Just my thoughts tho.Hope it helps.

It would be nice if programmers of software would include a back testing of the ideal amount of history to use

for any given game but that may be of significant complexity as I am sure someone has thought of it but implementing may not be worth headache.

Yea..ok... LOL.. I get a headache just thinking about a "100x100 Matrix..!!!

I've read posts where some find what they're looking for in, say 24 games, or 30 or in as much as 100 games history. My software defaults to 50 games..

I think they all bare out some degree of true tendencies, commensurate to their amount..

It's the Probability Math that has the final say I think...

It's like the front wheels on a vehicle, ..tells you more than likely which direction the vehicle is ABOUT to go..!!

Well, back to the drawing board ,.. since again as usual, when I play...someone elsewhere won the 372 Million dollar MM jackpot last night... Ohio..!!

-Stat$talker

AllenB's avatar - Cowboy Crix-yellow.jpg
                  Lincoln, California
                  United States
                  Member #167122
                  June 27, 2015
                  1117 Posts

I set up a few of my Excel Files using the Indirect and Address Functions.  A simple indirect function wherein the address is calculated to match the Number of games to be counted.  I always like to see the Total Count of all Games, Around 300 Games, and a Small Number.  One Idea is setting the game count to the number of options of the thing being tracked.  This was the beginning of Igor's Method for his book and the Jackpot he hit in California.

The Point being that you can make any number of games your count base and or change it anytime.

United States
                    Member #200642
                    September 1, 2019
                    1843 Posts

I know some on here are apprehensive about my suspicions, but ever since the hard drive was copied by whomever was terrible intrested in my analyzation process, I've noticed that more often when checking the game's history as Probability Math says, the "ole 1 digit away" disease is starting to show up..!!

... now, I wonder who would benefit from such information off my hard drive???

yep..!! I heard that thought..

No real worries though,.. Math is divine,.. and you can NEVER get it to lie for you..! There are other Divinely ordained Mathematical methods to keep the truth on track... That's how you're able to spot scewed Data...

Aye..! They saw my Combinatorical Tank coming at'em..!!.. Had to get outta Dodge...!!

-Stat$talker

cottoneyedjoe's avatar - cuonvFT

United States
                      Member #197030
                      March 28, 2019
                      855 Posts

I know some on here are apprehensive about my suspicions, but ever since the hard drive was copied by whomever was terrible intrested in my analyzation process, I've noticed that more often when checking the game's history as Probability Math says, the "ole 1 digit away" disease is starting to show up..!!

... now, I wonder who would benefit from such information off my hard drive???

yep..!! I heard that thought..

No real worries though,.. Math is divine,.. and you can NEVER get it to lie for you..! There are other Divinely ordained Mathematical methods to keep the truth on track... That's how you're able to spot scewed Data...

Aye..! They saw my Combinatorical Tank coming at'em..!!.. Had to get outta Dodge...!!

-Stat$talker

I'm beginning to wonder if this is performance art, or if you're a lottery employee who's made a parody account here just to make fun of players. 😂

United States
                        Member #200642
                        September 1, 2019
                        1843 Posts

I'm beginning to wonder if this is performance art, or if you're a lottery employee who's made a parody account here just to make fun of players. 😂

Big Smile Nooo Cottoneyedjoe...!!!

This is "Live", not Memorex..!!

Why, I wouldn't get caught dead working for'em..I take the Stats serious..!!

as far as making fun?... Heck , I laugh at myself more than at anyone on here..!

Now you and I may have disagreed on a few things in the past,.. but even you have yet to accuse me of not having a good sense of humor..!!

But trust me, I'm not faking... I got plans to add your Lottery weapons to my arsenal... as soon as I buy a Tablet.. doing my research first...

-Stat$talker

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32651
                          February 14, 2006
                          9335 Posts

I don't know how anyone could vote "NO" on this poll considering just yesterday there were 1,311 winning predictions on LP. Probably won't find a state lottery were the players won zero dollars on a drawing either. Now if the question was multiple predictions at a profit without winning a jackpot, the number of "NO" votes is predictable. 

It looks like some of the posters on this thread never viewed the analyzing tools on LP either.

It's not my fault! I voted for Amy.

cottoneyedjoe's avatar - cuonvFT

United States
                            Member #197030
                            March 28, 2019
                            855 Posts

Big Smile Nooo Cottoneyedjoe...!!!

This is "Live", not Memorex..!!

Why, I wouldn't get caught dead working for'em..I take the Stats serious..!!

as far as making fun?... Heck , I laugh at myself more than at anyone on here..!

Now you and I may have disagreed on a few things in the past,.. but even you have yet to accuse me of not having a good sense of humor..!!

But trust me, I'm not faking... I got plans to add your Lottery weapons to my arsenal... as soon as I buy a Tablet.. doing my research first...

-Stat$talker

They've got a lot of job openings right now, Stat$y. I think you should apply and be our man on the inside. Wink Take a gander https://georgia-lottery-corporation.careerplug.com/jobs?locale=en-US

United States
                              Member #200642
                              September 1, 2019
                              1843 Posts

They've got a lot of job openings right now, Stat$y. I think you should apply and be our man on the inside. Wink Take a gander https://georgia-lottery-corporation.careerplug.com/jobs?locale=en-US

LOL Nooope..!! No Thanks..!!

Why work for peanuts?... When I can just take a Multi-Million Jackpot..!! ... Retire in Style..

Now, watch'em scatter when I play the Pwrball..!!

-Stat$talker

Page 15 of 136