Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2021, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Predicting winning numbers? Fact or fiction?

836 replies. Last post 2 hours ago by Stat$talker.

Page 11 of 56
PrintE-mailLink

Do you REALLY think it is possible to predict winning numbers?

With everything in me [ 113 ]  [76.87%]
Not a chance in the lower realm [ 34 ]  [23.13%]
Total Valid Votes [ 147 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 14 ]  

Guests cannot vote  ( Log In | Register )

Stat$talker's avatar - animated sphere.gif
700 light yrs West of Milky Way Galaxy's Center
United States
Member #200645
September 1, 2019
751 Posts

"Thursday's play..and of course the ole " 1 digit away disease", "29" instead of 28..."

KY has a "1-Off" option on their Pick-3 and Pick-4 games and that applies to the two digits plus or minus of the played digit. We can play a pick-3 number for $1 and get that number for the 50 cent straight payoff and get a $9 to $29 payoff depending on how digits are "1-Off" on the other 26 combos. And the pick-4 has 80 "1-Off" combos and one 50 cent straight for $1. 

In a 6/47 lotto game there are 723 "1 digit away" and that's if you play just six numbers. While it is very frustrating when a number one digit higher or lower is drawn, statistically it's no different than any other number being drawn.

At the end of the day it's how you choose your numbers and close ones in count in horseshoes and grenades.

Yea, we have that 1 off for C3 &C4 here in GA too...I don't really bother with'em...I've hit them before... every now and then I'll look at the pick 3,4 Stats for family or friends, but I'm really focused on the big jackpot games...

They're a lot harder to hit.. but when you get that close consistently , you know you're on the right track... as I often say.. "Math doesn't lie, because it can't"....

Some folks are of the opinion that the more complex a Statistical problem is, the less accurate the Math becomes..but nothing could be farther from the truth..!

Too many famous Mathematicians were and are in staunch support of its real properties..!!

...MATH... The final Stochastic frontier...

These are the Lottery Voyages of Stat$talker..!!

The ongoing Mission,..to seek out the Laws of "Probability Math"...

to master its rules to invoke...to Conquer ALL Major Jackpots..!!

...To boldly go,... Where NO Player has gone before...!!

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32651
    February 14, 2006
    9075 Posts

Yea, we have that 1 off for C3 &C4 here in GA too...I don't really bother with'em...I've hit them before... every now and then I'll look at the pick 3,4 Stats for family or friends, but I'm really focused on the big jackpot games...

They're a lot harder to hit.. but when you get that close consistently , you know you're on the right track... as I often say.. "Math doesn't lie, because it can't"....

Some folks are of the opinion that the more complex a Statistical problem is, the less accurate the Math becomes..but nothing could be farther from the truth..!

Too many famous Mathematicians were and are in staunch support of its real properties..!!

Only have to win a large jackpot once and from what I read in the News Forum, it doesn't seem to  require finding a system that consistently matches some of the numbers. I created a system that consistently matched two or three numbers with an occasional four numbers, but matching two, three, or four numbers doesn't win jackpots. Played a 3 if 4 wheel on 20 lines for seven weeks and caught enough two, three and four number matches to make a small profit. Regardless of the number of small wins, my chances of matching five numbers was once every 288 drawings.

Wasn't knocking you saying "I missed by one digit" just pointing out unless you chose between those two numbers, it's really the same as not playing one of the other 41 numbers. Saw lots of systems on LP start our with less than 10 lines but evolves into 50 or more straight/box wagers. And some evolve into 50 straight/box wagers "good for all states".

United States
      Member #200645
      September 1, 2019
      751 Posts

Only have to win a large jackpot once and from what I read in the News Forum, it doesn't seem to  require finding a system that consistently matches some of the numbers. I created a system that consistently matched two or three numbers with an occasional four numbers, but matching two, three, or four numbers doesn't win jackpots. Played a 3 if 4 wheel on 20 lines for seven weeks and caught enough two, three and four number matches to make a small profit. Regardless of the number of small wins, my chances of matching five numbers was once every 288 drawings.

Wasn't knocking you saying "I missed by one digit" just pointing out unless you chose between those two numbers, it's really the same as not playing one of the other 41 numbers. Saw lots of systems on LP start our with less than 10 lines but evolves into 50 or more straight/box wagers. And some evolve into 50 straight/box wagers "good for all states".

Post your tickets... Let's see..

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32651
        February 14, 2006
        9075 Posts

Post your tickets... Let's see..

Do you want me to post the tickets I cashed 11 years ago along with the useless non-winning tickets?

But seriously, even if I finished the 42 drawings play last week, I still wouldn't have the winning tickets because I cashed them to pay for the next drawing. I was playing the Ohio Lottery 5/39 Rolling Cash 5 games using the five number a 20 line 3 if 4 of 14 number abbreviated pick-5 wheel from LP. The total cost of play was $840 so keeping all the winning tickets as souvenirs wasn't an option.

The point I was making is that when players wheels 14 numbers and hits three numbers, there is a good chance that one or more of the missed 11 numbers will be "one number off".

United States
          Member #200645
          September 1, 2019
          751 Posts

Do you want me to post the tickets I cashed 11 years ago along with the useless non-winning tickets?

But seriously, even if I finished the 42 drawings play last week, I still wouldn't have the winning tickets because I cashed them to pay for the next drawing. I was playing the Ohio Lottery 5/39 Rolling Cash 5 games using the five number a 20 line 3 if 4 of 14 number abbreviated pick-5 wheel from LP. The total cost of play was $840 so keeping all the winning tickets as souvenirs wasn't an option.

The point I was making is that when players wheels 14 numbers and hits three numbers, there is a good chance that one or more of the missed 11 numbers will be "one number off".

LOL... Obviously you can't post the ones already cashed in or discarded... Maybe recent ones, yea..

What I do is scan my winning tickets, keep a digital copy.. because some Store clerks give them back, some don't..Other members post theirs, why shouldn't you?...you can't earn respect fighting Mike Tyson on a video game..!!,.. You gotta get in the REAL ring with him..!!

"Think outside the box"....

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32651
            February 14, 2006
            9075 Posts

LOL... Obviously you can't post the ones already cashed in or discarded... Maybe recent ones, yea..

What I do is scan my winning tickets, keep a digital copy.. because some Store clerks give them back, some don't..Other members post theirs, why shouldn't you?...you can't earn respect fighting Mike Tyson on a video game..!!,.. You gotta get in the REAL ring with him..!!

"Think outside the box"....

"What I do is scan my winning tickets, keep a digital copy"

That's not a requirement in any state lottery or the IRS, but I'll give you a "how about that" for doing it. 

"Other members post theirs, why shouldn't you?"

Been awhile since I looked at the "post your winning tickets here" thread and when I just looked, it hasn't changed. I don't usually purchase scratch-offs or boxed a pick-3 number for 50 cents so nothing there is nothing for me to post. Besides there is nothing right or wrong about posting winning tickets, predicting, or playing the PB and MM challenges. 

"you can't earn respect fighting Mike Tyson on a video game"

I thought you were talking about cashing lottery tickets and never wondered if the clerk respects me or not.

United States
              Member #200645
              September 1, 2019
              751 Posts

That's not a requirement in any state lottery or the IRS, but I'll give you a "how about that" for doing it. 

Been awhile since I looked at the "post your winning tickets here" thread and when I just looked, it hasn't changed. I don't usually purchase scratch-offs or boxed a pick-3 number for 50 cents so nothing there is nothing for me to post. Besides there is nothing right or wrong about posting winning tickets, predicting, or playing the PB and MM challenges. 

I thought you were talking about cashing lottery tickets and never wondered if the clerk respects me or not.

The Tyson statement was a Metaphor..!!

Stay on ya toes..!! I might throw a curveball anytime..!! LOL

I knoooow scanning my ticket isn't a requirement... I only pdf'em to silence the live naysayers...which usually leaves them jaw dropped..!!

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                2315 Posts

"I thought you were talking about cashing lottery tickets and never wondered if the clerk respects me or not."

This deserves it own place in the "Guide to the Internet Handbook of Philosophical Quotes for Dummies!"

G

The biggest improvement you'll ever make in the odds of winning is buying a lottery ticket. With just one ticket the odds go from IMPOSSIBLE to IMPROBABLE!

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32651
                  February 14, 2006
                  9075 Posts

"I thought you were talking about cashing lottery tickets and never wondered if the clerk respects me or not."

This deserves it own place in the "Guide to the Internet Handbook of Philosophical Quotes for Dummies!"

G

LOL

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32651
                    February 14, 2006
                    9075 Posts

I knoooow scanning my ticket isn't a requirement... I only pdf'em to silence the live naysayers...which usually leaves them jaw dropped..!!

I never saw the point in asking anyone to prove they won what they say they won, but I am curious if they won playing self-picks, how they determined which numbers to use. And I see no reason to see your tickets whether you think my jaw will drop or not.

Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      2315 Posts

...and no jaws have dropped.

Instead you've been shown the error in your thinking. To believe the lottery is somehow tracking and blocking certain players numbers is just not probable. There are too many inherent flaws that have been shown in the concept. 

And thus far you haven't fooled the lottery with your "pro math," (whatever that is). Might as well go back to amateur math, or con math, or no math at that rate. By now the lottery laughs at "pro math."

You come in wanting a debate. Your given reasons that your ideas are flawed. Now, in a debate you should respond with support for your ideas while rebutting the the flaws. Instead you duck the debate with some philosophical quote never realizing it works both ways. 

This whole matters seems to be degrading to some weird self-indulgence where you are the Mike Tyson of lottery play. But even that doesn't make sense. 

Mike Tyson was a champion. He had no need to search out challengers.
                      In your weird self-indulgence you don't see you are the challenger looking to prove yourself against a champion. 

And like Mike Tyson, those people don't even bother to acknowledge your "jaw dropping" posts. For all they know, or we know, those aren't even your tickets.   

G

The biggest improvement you'll ever make in the odds of winning is buying a lottery ticket. With just one ticket the odds go from IMPOSSIBLE to IMPROBABLE!

United States
                        Member #200645
                        September 1, 2019
                        751 Posts

...and no jaws have dropped.

Instead you've been shown the error in your thinking. To believe the lottery is somehow tracking and blocking certain players numbers is just not probable. There are too many inherent flaws that have been shown in the concept. 

And thus far you haven't fooled the lottery with your "pro math," (whatever that is). Might as well go back to amateur math, or con math, or no math at that rate. By now the lottery laughs at "pro math."

You come in wanting a debate. Your given reasons that your ideas are flawed. Now, in a debate you should respond with support for your ideas while rebutting the the flaws. Instead you duck the debate with some philosophical quote never realizing it works both ways. 

This whole matters seems to be degrading to some weird self-indulgence where you are the Mike Tyson of lottery play. But even that doesn't make sense. 

Mike Tyson was a champion. He had no need to search out challengers.
                        In your weird self-indulgence you don't see you are the challenger looking to prove yourself against a champion. 

And like Mike Tyson, those people don't even bother to acknowledge your "jaw dropping" posts. For all they know, or we know, those aren't even your tickets.   

G

You missed the whole point...the LOTTERY is the Mike Tyson...not me... Having trouble with your number sets again?

We ALL on here are supposed to be about techniques on winning the Lottery...are we not?

and the "live naysayers"... are the people that I meet in person...all here, are cyber acquaintances..!!

You're coming across as bi-polarish., diabetic maybe?...!!

Dallas, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          2315 Posts

You missed the whole point...the LOTTERY is the Mike Tyson...not me... Having trouble with your number sets again?

We ALL on here are supposed to be about techniques on winning the Lottery...are we not?

and the "live naysayers"... are the people that I meet in person...all here, are cyber acquaintances..!!

You're coming across as bi-polarish., diabetic maybe?...!!

I don't even know where to start with this. But it's too funny to not respond.

If the lottery is Mike Tyson, then let the lottery challenge others to post their tickets. These SIMPLE ideas go right over your head, but read them as many times as it takes. No hurry. 

So you scanned your tickets to pick up women? How do they react when you whisper, "How about we swing by my place and look through my scanned lottery ticket collection?"

Maybe you stand on the street corner begging people to look at them while proclaiming, "Pro Math!"

If they are scanned for "live naysayers" and we are only cyber acquaintances, why are you posting them here?

Do the "live naysayers" cross the road when they see you coming? Have they begun to punch you in the mouth when you open it? Are you afraid your friends and family are working for the lottery? Or worse, making plans to ship you off to some out of the way, desolate institute for the mentally impaired? Maybe that's where you are posting from already. But we are only cyber acquaintances in any case and no, we won't break you out no matter how many tickets you post.

If your "keepers" let you out to go buy lottery tickets, why do you go back? Maybe they don't like you either!

G

mikeintexas's avatar - h87TsB4
                            Texas Panhandle
                            United States
                            Member #136839
                            December 20, 2012
                            1660 Posts

"...the LOTTERY is the Mike Tyson..."

I guess that's why it takes a hefty chunk out of my wallet every week, huh?

I suppose I should feel lucky it's just my money and not my ear.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

United States
                              Member #200645
                              September 1, 2019
                              751 Posts

"...the LOTTERY is the Mike Tyson..."

I guess that's why it takes a hefty chunk out of my wallet every week, huh?

I suppose I should feel lucky it's just my money and not my ear.

LOL..!! That was GREAT..!!Big Smile

Page 11 of 56