Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2021, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Predicting winning numbers? Fact or fiction?

836 replies. Last post 2 hours ago by Stat$talker.

Page 9 of 56
PrintE-mailLink

Do you REALLY think it is possible to predict winning numbers?

With everything in me [ 113 ]  [76.87%]
Not a chance in the lower realm [ 34 ]  [23.13%]
Total Valid Votes [ 147 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 14 ]  

Guests cannot vote  ( Log In | Register )

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
Dallas, Texas
United States
Member #4549
May 2, 2004
2315 Posts

Maybe your best option is to resize the picture before uploading?
No special software needed.

Open the picture in Paint. Its under Windows Accessories.

Click Resize, a menu will open. Enter a percentage, say 50%. and the new image pops up. 

I noticed the green lines. I didn't know what they were for.

G

The biggest improvement you'll ever make in the odds of winning is buying a lottery ticket. With just one ticket the odds go from IMPOSSIBLE to IMPROBABLE!

Stat$talker's avatar - animated sphere.gif
    700 light yrs West of Milky Way Galaxy's Center
    United States
    Member #200645
    September 1, 2019
    751 Posts

BananaLOL... Everybody wants to get in on the act..!!

...MATH... The final Stochastic frontier...

These are the Lottery Voyages of Stat$talker..!!

The ongoing Mission,..to seek out the Laws of "Probability Math"...

to master its rules to invoke...to Conquer ALL Major Jackpots..!!

...To boldly go,... Where NO Player has gone before...!!

United States
      Member #200645
      September 1, 2019
      751 Posts

Maybe your best option is to resize the picture before uploading?
      No special software needed.

Open the picture in Paint. Its under Windows Accessories.

Click Resize, a menu will open. Enter a percentage, say 50%. and the new image pops up. 

I noticed the green lines. I didn't know what they were for.

G

ok.. I'll try that.. tried to post others, but now the picture isn't showing up on LP... may need to get a different picture host.. .. Thanks for the info...

Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        2315 Posts

If I were having that much trouble, I'd forget posting them. 
        Some people may agree with you that the machine dodged your numbers, some aren't, and some are going to want proof.

Off to mail a birthday card.

G

The biggest improvement you'll ever make in the odds of winning is buying a lottery ticket. With just one ticket the odds go from IMPOSSIBLE to IMPROBABLE!

United States
          Member #200645
          September 1, 2019
          751 Posts

If I were having that much trouble, I'd forget posting them. 
          Some people may agree with you that the machine dodged your numbers, some aren't, and some are going to want proof.

Off to mail a birthday card.

G

yea.. I know,... and as expected, the naysayers have shown up...

...ooh , but they haven't seen ANYTHING yet...as they say.. " the proof is in the pudding"..!!

Like I've said, I dont play that often, but when I do... One certainly can't argue with the visible ticket..

Wait til I manage to post some of my others.. I've been at this for awhile...there's reasons why lottery officials came into the store I'd play at... the store's owner told me so..the Math will always draw the House's attention..!!

I ain't in Vegas, but the stakes are just as high or even higher...

United States
            Member #161362
            November 27, 2014
            259 Posts

yea.. I know,... and as expected, the naysayers have shown up...

...ooh , but they haven't seen ANYTHING yet...as they say.. " the proof is in the pudding"..!!

Like I've said, I dont play that often, but when I do... One certainly can't argue with the visible ticket..

Wait til I manage to post some of my others.. I've been at this for awhile...there's reasons why lottery officials came into the store I'd play at... the store's owner told me so..the Math will always draw the House's attention..!!

I ain't in Vegas, but the stakes are just as high or even higher...

Are you projecting yourself?   Your own insecurities?  Its Only Lonely for those who think they can transfer their JP win to  get cocaine and hookers with a money win.

Data Never Lies, But All Liars Manipulate Data - The New Lottery Testament

Hast thou entered into the treasures of the hail? Or hast thou seen the treasures of the snow? Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the days of battle, pestilence and war. --- Job 38:22-23 KJV

United States
              Member #200645
              September 1, 2019
              751 Posts

ok here's another.... The winning numbers were..

9-10-15-26-30-38...

and I believe this is the results of a Bluskov wheel.... so they will work , if you actually have the statistically correct numbers in your pool... verified by the bell curve..

I was 1 digit away from the $8.4 Million jackpot at this drawing, not because I didn't have all the correct numbers,.. but by the limitations of the wheel arrangement... and of course , all can verify the ticket at the State's lottery website...

No need to mention the math this time...that appears to start the Anti-Galileons...All read from a 50 game sample size...!!

United States
                Member #180290
                February 28, 2017
                201 Posts

ok here's another.... The winning numbers were..

9-10-15-26-30-38...

and I believe this is the results of a Bluskov wheel.... so they will work , if you actually have the statistically correct numbers in your pool... verified by the bell curve..

I was 1 digit away from the $8.4 Million jackpot at this drawing, not because I didn't have all the correct numbers,.. but by the limitations of the wheel arrangement... and of course , all can verify the ticket at the State's lottery website...

No need to mention the math this time...that appears to start the Anti-Galileons...All read from a 50 game sample size...!!

Congrats on the 505$ win 2 years and 9 months ago. Since then, there were about 260 games. If you played 5$ per game, that is $1,300.00+ spent.

I am not sure I would bother with a 1 in 47.5 odds game.

cottoneyedjoe's avatar - cuonvFT

United States
                  Member #197033
                  March 28, 2019
                  659 Posts

Statstalker, why are you so desperate to prove to everyone that your small wins are due to your system? Are you gearing up to sell something? I can't imagine why anyone would care so much about the opinions of strangers unless they were trying get something from them.

Frankly, the only way to convince people that your system really is the winning formula is to win jackpots, and win them consistently. Anyone can sporadically make partial matches with quick picks. Congrats on your small wins, but they will not persuade anyone to buy your books and software unless you're selling a $0.99 e-book.

Best of luck to you.

... Sooper dooper top seekrit winning numbers: 5 16 17 24 33 52 ...

United States
                    Member #200645
                    September 1, 2019
                    751 Posts

Congrats on the 505$ win 2 years and 9 months ago. Since then, there were about 260 games. If you played 5$ per game, that is $1,300.00+ spent.

I am not sure I would bother with a 1 in 47.5 odds game.

LOL..!!!  Why I'm not "desperate"..!!..and IF I were, I certainly wouldn't appear to be no more seemingly desperate than anyone else on this site posting their trials and ticket wins or theories.. whether they be $2.00, $10.00 $40. on up..!! , sample size, number positions, number strategies ,etc.. and I've certainly never mentioned selling anything...but, some seem to have an insatiable agenda to disprove or debunk anything that I claim on this site.. which is rather puzzling..!!

I think you naysayers are forgetting that I'm a new member, just discovering this site, so naturally any tickets that I may post, more than likely will be tickets of bets dated BEFORE joining..

Non the less, no matter how old they are, they demonstrate what I've claimed from the beginning... that Probability Math doesn't lie, because it can't..

I thought this site was about serious lottery players, all rallying to inspire the rest of us to keep at it.....but it seems to be more of a "click", in which if you have a drastically different opinion than the "click", you're attacked..pointing out the date of my ticket, rather than acknowledging the Statistical properties that it confirms..and I have others, that in some cases are back to back drawings of the same Game, which will incriminate your assumption that my results are just a fluke .. It's not my only plays, but I don't play that often...

Anything I may happen to post is for the good or improvement of us all...for I'm learning new statistical terms from everyone on here, that are new to me , but I don't attack others, simply because I'm unfamiliar with it..

As far as the amount won on that ticket!!?.. Hell, I think it's an insult, considering the effort it takes to figure it out..!!

You asked me to show the Math... I did..I only posted the ticket to backup what I stated... but if you still dont believe it.. that's your choice... and if you still feel the need to argue with any "painted signs" I may post in the future... ..!! KNOCK YOURSELF OUT..!!

United States
                      Member #180290
                      February 28, 2017
                      201 Posts

I think you naysayers are forgetting that I'm a new member, just discovering this site, so naturally any tickets that I may post,more than likely will be tickets of bets dated BEFORE joining..

If your system is so great you should be getting your 5 match out of 6 a little more frequently.  I don't go for jackpots per say, I look at overall odds of the game and my overall odds using my system.  And it has to be profitable or very close while I wait for "the big one".  What is your overall average. 

I thought this site was about serious lottery players, all rallying to inspire the rest of us to keep at it.....but it seems to be more of a "click", in which if you have a drastically different opinion than the "click", you're attacked..pointing out the date of my ticket, rather than acknowledging the Statistical properties that it confirms

We often help others with their systems her and offer critical analysis.  According to "Statistical properties", yes you can match 4 out of 5 with the odd of 1 in 43K (from the Jumbo Bucks lottery site) and you matched it once, match it again (without spending 43K site).

It's not my only plays, but I don't play that often...

If you method is so great, it must be profitable.  Matching 500$ win every couple weeks would be a nice tax free income.  Sign me up!  I could understand if you figured out to get the mutli million dollar prize "regularly", that might draw attention to you and they investigate you for cheating or they change the method of number generation. That is not the case here.  A $500 prize does not require a trip to lottery office and paperwork, and tracking.

You asked me to show the Math... I did.

Um, where?

Mega Millions Draw 9/13/19

6-16-37-59-62 (5)

Ok.. Here's what Probability Math said for this MM drawing...

Ball 6... was at a 4.50 Frq (in a 12.5 class) it drew at 13 games past..odds were 1.:1

Ball 16... was at 3.43 Frq (12.5 Class), RF math said it should draw at 16.5/38 games.. it fell at 16/ 38 games..odds were 1:1.33

Ball 37...was at 3.84 Frq (12.5 class) RF math said it should draw at 6.08 games..It drew at 6 going to it 7th game.. Odds were 5.25:1

Ball 59... was at 4.25 Frq (12.5 class) RF said it should draw at 11.20 games.. It drew going to its 11th game..odds 1:3

First, it is stats based ON A ALREADY DRAWN GAME! Who could have predicted that?!? Where is the math that shows the calculation for ball 6 having a "4.50 Frq". What does that mean?  Was it drawn 4.5 times out of the last 50 games? Or was it done using historical data with blocks of 50  games, it came out an 4.5 times per block(s).

What is 12.5 class?  How is it calculated? Why is it the same across all balls?

I understand it drew 13 games ago, so what? When is is supposed to be drawn again?  Then the next ball, instead of stating the last draw date, you switch to it "should" be drawn at "16.5/38 games".  Does it mean in .43421 games it will come up?  Or that in 16.5 draws in the next 38 draws?  If so, why list 38 and not gut say it will be there in 16 or 17 games?   The next one with "6.08 games" does it mean in the next 6-7 games it will draw? 

Then on the odds column, this should be a basic equation, what is it and how was it derived?

Please show the math.

Also one final point, at one point you mention using Lotto pro with 50 game sample size, OK.  Then you mention "Bluskov's wheel".  Do you use one or the other depending on the type of game or do you use both by feeding in the lotto pro results into the wheel?

At least your English is better than Dr.San, still as confusing.

United States
                        Member #200645
                        September 1, 2019
                        751 Posts

Statstalker, why are you so desperate to prove to everyone that your small wins are due to your system? Are you gearing up to sell something? I can't imagine why anyone would care so much about the opinions of strangers unless they were trying get something from them.

Frankly, the only way to convince people that your system really is the winning formula is to win jackpots, and win them consistently. Anyone can sporadically make partial matches with quick picks. Congrats on your small wins, but they will not persuade anyone to buy your books and software unless you're selling a $0.99 e-book.

Best of luck to you.

I'm not trying to sell anything.!.. I'm adding to the abundant ideas already tossed around on this site...

So, why don't you put in your two cents worth, let everyone on here test your ideas..I don't get the feeling that this site is about complaining about what other come up with..so become a part of the solution, not the problem... We all can and should learn from one another..!!

Dallas, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          2315 Posts

I'm not trying to sell anything.!.. I'm adding to the abundant ideas already tossed around on this site...

So, why don't you put in your two cents worth, let everyone on here test your ideas..I don't get the feeling that this site is about complaining about what other come up with..so become a part of the solution, not the problem... We all can and should learn from one another..!!

We all look at numbers somewhat different and have different solutions to the same problem.

For a long time now people have popped up to question others solutions without proposing their own. (In my book, that's one reason there are less solutions proposed and more negative feedback from the solutions that are posted).

Don't let it bother you. Its your solution. If you like it, and it works, there is no harm done to anyone by your sharing it.

Frankly, if you cut the matrix down to one-tenth of a 5/39, say 50,000 combinations versus 575,757 and posted there would be 20 hits from those 50,000 combinations in the 100 draws, you'd still get complaints. Somebody would complain you didn't give them the exact combination to play on the exact date, tell them where to buy the ticket, or how much to spend. Somebody would claim they can do better than that (but they wouldn't).

Then there are those who have no ideas to share. Their best retort is human nature which makes it almost impossible to step outside the invisible walls we call the comfort zone. Anything posted must be challenged, disproved, dispelled, questioned, and like the red-headed step-child, mocked.

G

United States
                            Member #200645
                            September 1, 2019
                            751 Posts

I think you naysayers are forgetting that I'm a new member, just discovering this site, so naturally any tickets that I may post,more than likely will be tickets of bets dated BEFORE joining..

If your system is so great you should be getting your 5 match out of 6 a little more frequently.  I don't go for jackpots per say, I look at overall odds of the game and my overall odds using my system.  And it has to be profitable or very close while I wait for "the big one".  What is your overall average. 

I thought this site was about serious lottery players, all rallying to inspire the rest of us to keep at it.....but it seems to be more of a "click", in which if you have a drastically different opinion than the "click", you're attacked..pointing out the date of my ticket, rather than acknowledging the Statistical properties that it confirms

We often help others with their systems her and offer critical analysis.  According to "Statistical properties", yes you can match 4 out of 5 with the odd of 1 in 43K (from the Jumbo Bucks lottery site) and you matched it once, match it again (without spending 43K site).

It's not my only plays, but I don't play that often...

If you method is so great, it must be profitable.  Matching 500$ win every couple weeks would be a nice tax free income.  Sign me up!  I could understand if you figured out to get the mutli million dollar prize "regularly", that might draw attention to you and they investigate you for cheating or they change the method of number generation. That is not the case here.  A $500 prize does not require a trip to lottery office and paperwork, and tracking.

You asked me to show the Math... I did.

Um, where?

Mega Millions Draw 9/13/19

6-16-37-59-62 (5)

Ok.. Here's what Probability Math said for this MM drawing...

Ball 6... was at a 4.50 Frq (in a 12.5 class) it drew at 13 games past..odds were 1.:1

Ball 16... was at 3.43 Frq (12.5 Class), RF math said it should draw at 16.5/38 games.. it fell at 16/ 38 games..odds were 1:1.33

Ball 37...was at 3.84 Frq (12.5 class) RF math said it should draw at 6.08 games..It drew at 6 going to it 7th game.. Odds were 5.25:1

Ball 59... was at 4.25 Frq (12.5 class) RF said it should draw at 11.20 games.. It drew going to its 11th game..odds 1:3

First, it is stats based ON A ALREADY DRAWN GAME! Who could have predicted that?!? Where is the math that shows the calculation for ball 6 having a "4.50 Frq". What does that mean?  Was it drawn 4.5 times out of the last 50 games? Or was it done using historical data with blocks of 50  games, it came out an 4.5 times per block(s).

What is 12.5 class?  How is it calculated? Why is it the same across all balls?

I understand it drew 13 games ago, so what? When is is supposed to be drawn again?  Then the next ball, instead of stating the last draw date, you switch to it "should" be drawn at "16.5/38 games".  Does it mean in .43421 games it will come up?  Or that in 16.5 draws in the next 38 draws?  If so, why list 38 and not gut say it will be there in 16 or 17 games?   The next one with "6.08 games" does it mean in the next 6-7 games it will draw? 

Then on the odds column, this should be a basic equation, what is it and how was it derived?

Please show the math.

Also one final point, at one point you mention using Lotto pro with 50 game sample size, OK.  Then you mention "Bluskov's wheel".  Do you use one or the other depending on the type of game or do you use both by feeding in the lotto pro results into the wheel?

At least your English is better than Dr.San, still as confusing.

Well, first of all... I'm not laying claims to a "system'.

Any of the terms I spoke about can be found in any good Probability book..

The Math that I spoke of was referring to the winning ball's numeric postion for THAT particular MM drawing.. The Stats change after every draw..

Use whatever software you use to go back to just before that draw, if it's decent software, it should allow you to see all the Math I expressed..and after seeing all the Probability jargon you've expressed in earlier posts, you shouldn't have a problem with seeing what the Math says..providing you use a 50 game sample size..

If just posting a mere ticket stirred up so much diverse opinions, I can't imagine what posting Mathematical expressions that may not be understood by most might cause...

United States
                              Member #200645
                              September 1, 2019
                              751 Posts

We all look at numbers somewhat different and have different solutions to the same problem.

For a long time now people have popped up to question others solutions without proposing their own. (In my book, that's one reason there are less solutions proposed and more negative feedback from the solutions that are posted).

Don't let it bother you. Its your solution. If you like it, and it works, there is no harm done to anyone by your sharing it.

Frankly, if you cut the matrix down to one-tenth of a 5/39, say 50,000 combinations versus 575,757 and posted there would be 20 hits from those 50,000 combinations in the 100 draws, you'd still get complaints. Somebody would complain you didn't give them the exact combination to play on the exact date, tell them where to buy the ticket, or how much to spend. Somebody would claim they can do better than that (but they wouldn't).

Then there are those who have no ideas to share. Their best retort is human nature which makes it almost impossible to step outside the invisible walls we call the comfort zone. Anything posted must be challenged, disproved, dispelled, questioned, and like the red-headed step-child, mocked.

G

I'm tellin ya garyo1954..

You've said a mouthful..!!.. I've seen a lot of things discussed on LP that I've never encountered before to be honest, but, I'll go investigate to become abreast of the matter..

There was even a reply from a member who posted an assumption of my wish to turn a jackpot win to cocaine and hookers.!!..LOL..sounds like he should lay off the "white lightning"..!!

Thanks to my thick skin, I wish all blessings to the naysayers with a smile.. then keep moving on..let them argue with the painted sign..!

Page 9 of 56