Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2021, 3:27 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Predicting winning numbers? Fact or fiction?

835 replies. Last post 3 days ago by thepiman.

Page 13 of 56
PrintE-mailLink

Do you REALLY think it is possible to predict winning numbers?

With everything in me [ 113 ]  [76.87%]
Not a chance in the lower realm [ 34 ]  [23.13%]
Total Valid Votes [ 147 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 14 ]  

Guests cannot vote  ( Log In | Register )

United States
Member #107240
March 4, 2011
1120 Posts

Greenfox probably saw his thread got blown up and gave up, wondering what happened.

He had good intentions.

The thread starter is still here. Quitting isn't in my blood. My internet and the ability to get on it is not the best right now. I've got a LOT going on in life right now that I'm not getting into online. There's a couple that knows what's going on, and I'm just dealing the best I can at the moment.

My thoughts on the subject haven't changed in the slightest. Even though all that's going on in my life isn't allowing me to think and see and work on it like it should, I'm still working on it when my brain isn't drowned out with the thoughts of where life is for me at the moment. It's been a few days and then some since I've worked on it as it is. I know that if I did figure it out to where I could win each and every time, I'd gladly give away all the money to fix the things that are broken and the things that have happened. That's how much I care about money at the moment. There is no amount of money that can start to replace what life has taken away from me in the past two years. My intentions when starting this whole deal of working on the lottery and putting something together that would allow one win, was for my family and the family that I was going to build, turned into doing something that was supposedly impossible. Seeing what I was seeing with what I built, seemed more of a "how is what I'm seeing even possible", and it drove me to keep digging. That's all I can say about why I work on it now. The money from a win, is null context now. I loathe money now. What it stands for anyway. It's not what is going to make me happy in this life. I'd rather stay dirt poor and have my life back than be rich with every dollar. What this turned into for me was a goal. Not a goal to be remembered as one who beat the system. But a goal of something I saw that could be done. Something that I knew in my heart I could do. For my own mental goal. It's that stupid word of impossible I have a problem with. That "can't" word. I hate those type of words. Most will do something that they've been told they can't just to prove to the teller they are wrong, but isn't "wrong" in the same category as "can't" in that sense. I see no difference in that in my eyes. The reason I work on it now is I believe it can be done. It's something I started and I have one of those brains that won't shut up until it gets what it's looking for. I'd love to take it out and throw it sometimes. Sometimes that's the only way I think I'd have peace of mind. Is if I didn't have one.

So yes, rc, my intentions was and always will be good. We have all seen enough in this life that we should know anything is possible and that's why I started this thread. For some, it may be the money. It's not going to fix anything. It's not going to make anything better in the long run. It's not going with us when we leave here. With people being the way we are, unfortunately, it usually just makes things worse. But, if someone has a dream, a goal that they set for themselves, that they want to accomplish, that, that they get to take with them. How many people have figured something out by mistake? How many have quit when the answer was right around the corner? How many was looking right at the answer and didn't even know it? I do know that when the mind, body and spirit come together as one, I've seen all kinds of impossible happen. I've done some impossible when that has happened.

Arguing isn't and never has fixed anything. It happens and has always happened since people have been alive. It's in our nature and part of our programming though. It's necessary for whatever reason. The only thing I've ever learned from it is to avoid it. Your opinion is your opinion, and your opinion is your opinion and so on and so forth. Just the way it is and always has been. We as people have never really came together and compromised with the real good of the whole in mind because of our pride and such. If we did, this world would be different. It would be more tolerable. Too many people want to say that what fixed it, or made it work, or made it happen was their idea and I could really care less about such. I really could care less. As long as whatever gets fixed or done or whatever, what difference does it make. It's whatever ideas that come to our minds that we want to accomplish that we take with us when we leave here. Remembered as doing anything though hasn't been on my agenda. There's only one that's ever been on this planet that truly needs remembered as far as I'm concerned. There is nothing I could ever do that could compare to what He did.

I'll be back off and on. When mind, time and internet access allows.

You can't steal second and keep your foot on FIRST!!!

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths.
When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength”.

-Arnold (Ahnald) Schwarzenegger-

Stat$talker's avatar - animated sphere.gif
    700 light yrs West of Milky Way Galaxy's Center
    United States
    Member #200645
    September 1, 2019
    749 Posts

How many would it take for you to declare yourself a prophet? 

Or better yet for you to be recognized as one. 

Don't know.  Self promotion would be your own formula I guess.  Runs the Gambit from being the Position 1 Odd Even Champ to getting the actual numbers.  Making a profit is all that counts. 

Honestly, if I figure it out, I will keep it a Secret. Do you have any Idea what it is like to Tend a Flock?  I Only raised a couple of sheep in 4H when I was a Kid.  I would not want a whole bunch following me around at my age.

Not like I Guess Right that often anyway.  I have just found easy ways to guess and see the results. 

The Blind Squirrel could be a Prophet if you only watch it find the occasional acorn and Ignore all of the empty patches where it missed. 

My Advice is Do Not Believe a Prophet than can not show you a consistent Profit and not just a Flash in the Pan and a few Grease Pops.

How often would you say , you pick correctly?...and yea, probably would be a good idea to keep your technique a secret...especially if it's a consistent winner...

...MATH... The final Stochastic frontier...

These are the Lottery Voyages of Stat$talker..!!

The ongoing Mission,..to seek out the Laws of "Probability Math"...

to master its rules to invoke...to Conquer ALL Major Jackpots..!!

...To boldly go,... Where NO Player has gone before...!!

Sum Buddy's avatar - Horseshoe 20avatar.jpg
      Between Two Worlds

United States
      Member #129924
      July 1, 2012
      212 Posts

The thread starter is still here. Quitting isn't in my blood. My internet and the ability to get on it is not the best right now. I've got a LOT going on in life right now that I'm not getting into online. There's a couple that knows what's going on, and I'm just dealing the best I can at the moment.

My thoughts on the subject haven't changed in the slightest. Even though all that's going on in my life isn't allowing me to think and see and work on it like it should, I'm still working on it when my brain isn't drowned out with the thoughts of where life is for me at the moment. It's been a few days and then some since I've worked on it as it is. I know that if I did figure it out to where I could win each and every time, I'd gladly give away all the money to fix the things that are broken and the things that have happened. That's how much I care about money at the moment. There is no amount of money that can start to replace what life has taken away from me in the past two years. My intentions when starting this whole deal of working on the lottery and putting something together that would allow one win, was for my family and the family that I was going to build, turned into doing something that was supposedly impossible. Seeing what I was seeing with what I built, seemed more of a "how is what I'm seeing even possible", and it drove me to keep digging. That's all I can say about why I work on it now. The money from a win, is null context now. I loathe money now. What it stands for anyway. It's not what is going to make me happy in this life. I'd rather stay dirt poor and have my life back than be rich with every dollar. What this turned into for me was a goal. Not a goal to be remembered as one who beat the system. But a goal of something I saw that could be done. Something that I knew in my heart I could do. For my own mental goal. It's that stupid word of impossible I have a problem with. That "can't" word. I hate those type of words. Most will do something that they've been told they can't just to prove to the teller they are wrong, but isn't "wrong" in the same category as "can't" in that sense. I see no difference in that in my eyes. The reason I work on it now is I believe it can be done. It's something I started and I have one of those brains that won't shut up until it gets what it's looking for. I'd love to take it out and throw it sometimes. Sometimes that's the only way I think I'd have peace of mind. Is if I didn't have one.

So yes, rc, my intentions was and always will be good. We have all seen enough in this life that we should know anything is possible and that's why I started this thread. For some, it may be the money. It's not going to fix anything. It's not going to make anything better in the long run. It's not going with us when we leave here. With people being the way we are, unfortunately, it usually just makes things worse. But, if someone has a dream, a goal that they set for themselves, that they want to accomplish, that, that they get to take with them. How many people have figured something out by mistake? How many have quit when the answer was right around the corner? How many was looking right at the answer and didn't even know it? I do know that when the mind, body and spirit come together as one, I've seen all kinds of impossible happen. I've done some impossible when that has happened.

Arguing isn't and never has fixed anything. It happens and has always happened since people have been alive. It's in our nature and part of our programming though. It's necessary for whatever reason. The only thing I've ever learned from it is to avoid it. Your opinion is your opinion, and your opinion is your opinion and so on and so forth. Just the way it is and always has been. We as people have never really came together and compromised with the real good of the whole in mind because of our pride and such. If we did, this world would be different. It would be more tolerable. Too many people want to say that what fixed it, or made it work, or made it happen was their idea and I could really care less about such. I really could care less. As long as whatever gets fixed or done or whatever, what difference does it make. It's whatever ideas that come to our minds that we want to accomplish that we take with us when we leave here. Remembered as doing anything though hasn't been on my agenda. There's only one that's ever been on this planet that truly needs remembered as far as I'm concerned. There is nothing I could ever do that could compare to what He did.

I'll be back off and on. When mind, time and internet access allows.

Original Post by Greenfox -

"...I do know that when the mind, body and spirit come together as one, I've seen all kinds of impossible happen. I've done some impossible when that has happened."

As have I.  That in itself is a 'secret formula.'

I am also acquainted with periods of pain, loss, and death, that go on for years.  I am wishing you the strength, fortitude, perseverance, and understanding to help you through.

Many thanks for sharing your lottery explorations.

Huh?

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        2315 Posts

Stay Stong!
        Stay positive!
        And as Jimmy Valvano said, "NEVER GIVE UP!"

G

The biggest improvement you'll ever make in the odds of winning is buying a lottery ticket. With just one ticket the odds go from IMPOSSIBLE to IMPROBABLE!

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32651
          February 14, 2006
          9072 Posts

"Predicting winning numbers? Fact or fiction?"

Even though I know for a fact players predict winning numbers every day, I voted "discard vote" so I could see the consensus. IMO, it's really easy to pick winning numbers, but the real trick is predicting enough quality winners to show a profit. Most lottery games are mathematically designed so the house (state lotteries) keep about 50 cents for every $1 wager. The overall chances of winning something playing a "All-or-Nothing" game is 22% but that something is usually winning back the $2 the players spent on the ticket. There is a 1.78% chance of winning $8 (they keep your $2 wager and pay you $10, a 0.16% chance of winning $48 and a 0.005% chance of winning $498. The chances of matching all the numbers and/or none of the numbers is 1 in 2,704,156.

Overall, without winning the jackpot, players can expect less than a 50% return on their wager so it really is a "All-or-Nothing" game.

Looking at any state lottery's financial records, over time the pick-3 games payout around 50 cents on the $1 and players need to win 0.2% (twice our of 1000 drawings) of their wagers just to break even. Some states average $1 million a day in pick-3 wagers and paying out $500,000 a day; somebody must be winning. 

I really doubt there is any mathematical equation that can predict every live ball drawing but say in the next three months might be possible. As for 5/39 type games, they are winnable and hopefully two and three number matches will keep us in the game until we really get lucky.

United States
            Member #200645
            September 1, 2019
            749 Posts

Here's my PB play for the $1.6 Billion...                         The winning numbers were:..                                               4-8-19-27-34 (10)

As always, you can verify the ticket at Georgia's website or Powerball's..

Ticket 1C has 2 correct main balls + the Pwrball, while also being " 1 digit away" from having 4 correct + the Pwrball (10) on the same ticket..

..3 winners,..all 3 beat the supposedly "iMpRoBabLe" 1: 292 Million odds... on the SAME night..California, Fla.,Tenn.

I believe, as does Green Fox...

Number predictions can be done..!!

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32651
              February 14, 2006
              9072 Posts

Here's my PB play for the $1.6 Billion...                         The winning numbers were:..                                               4-8-19-27-34 (10)

Ticket 1C has 2 correct main balls + the Pwrball, while also being " 1 digit away" from having 4 correct + the Pwrball (10) on the same ticket..

..3 winners,..all 3 beat the supposedly "iMpRoBabLe" 1: 292 Million odds... on the SAME night..California, Fla.,Tenn.

It looks like you spent $15 and hopefully the multiplier was more than two or you lost a buck. 

"all 3 beat the supposedly "iMpRoBabLe" 1: 292 Million odds."

You must have missed the key stat that 635,103,137 tickets were sold for that drawing meaning there was a probability of at least two winners and a possible third. And speaking of "stats" there were 38 ways the drawn number could be "1 digit away" making the chances of that happening more than 50%. 

Oh and just wondering: is there a logical reason why you're showing lottery tickets that barely won something?

United States
                Member #200645
                September 1, 2019
                749 Posts

It looks like you spent $15 and hopefully the multiplier was more than two or you lost a buck. 

"all 3 beat the supposedly "iMpRoBabLe" 1: 292 Million odds."

You must have missed the key stat that 635,103,137 tickets were sold for that drawing meaning there was a probability of at least two winners and a possible third. And speaking of "stats" there were 38 ways the drawn number could be "1 digit away" making the chances of that happening more than 50%. 

Oh and just wondering: is there a logical reason why you're showing lottery tickets that barely won something?

Well, if your calculated Stats are as accurate as your poor vision.. it's at least 33.33% off...

My Pwrball ticket clearly reads $10. spent!...so?,...where in the heck( for ban of my personal word choice) did you get $15.?

Anyone can "Monday morning Quarterback", when the SuperBowl occurred the day before, with Stats..!!

Are you disgruntled for some reason?

...My logic in posting any ticket is no more or less obvious than why others do the same on LP...yet , I've yet to see you question other's motives..

so your questions wreaks "Green" on my end...

I get into the ring with the Lottery ( Mike Tyson)..I'm not a judgemental spectator, as you seem to have appointed yourself..

I've seen your results on LP's prediction board... but in comparison, my tickets show that I've won something..!! but in your case, you've actually won nothing!..and if you have?,.. show it..if you can do better?,.. Do it..

The thread is about "Predicting lottery numbers"... oh yea, ... with your poor vision,.. you probably haven't seen that either!

Another cyber commensurate "Gun Slinger"....

Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  2315 Posts

Excuse me Stack, but the guy has a couple of good points here.

It's true anyone can Monday Morning QB. Anyone who has scanned winning tickets in their computer can claim they predicted those numbers.

Of course, a prediction is something you say before it happens. You would be considered a poor psychic to say ten years after California fell off into the Pacific that California is going to fall into the Pacific. Same with scanned lottery tickets where a person can Monday Morning QB their predictions after the fact. 

Which brings up the second point. If a person predicted the winning two/three numbers why aren't they talking about the others they predicted that didn't hit?? Those are still part of the prediction.

If predictions are accurate, playing 5 sets would be a waste of money. One set; one win.

Either way, the guy has proved he won a few bucks playing the lottery, just like everyone who has posted in the "Post Your Winning Tickets Here" thread. 

Now whether he's judgmental or not depends on if you're a green, disgruntled, gun-slinging Monday Morning QB with poor vision.

G

The biggest improvement you'll ever make in the odds of winning is buying a lottery ticket. With just one ticket the odds go from IMPOSSIBLE to IMPROBABLE!

United States
                    Member #200645
                    September 1, 2019
                    749 Posts

It's true anyone can Monday Morning QB. Anyone who has scanned winning tickets in their computer can claim they predicted those numbers.

Of course, a prediction is something you say before it happens. You would be considered a poor psychic to say ten years after California fell off into the Pacific that California is going to fall into the Pacific. Same with scanned lottery tickets where a person can Monday Morning QB their predictions after the fact. 

Which brings up the second point. If a person predicted the winning two/three numbers why aren't they talking about the others they predicted that didn't hit?? Those are still part of the prediction.

If predictions are accurate, playing 5 sets would be a waste of money. One set; one win.

Either way, the guy has proved he won a few bucks playing the lottery, just like everyone who has posted in the "Post Your Winning Tickets Here" thread. 

Now whether he's judgmental or not depends on if you're a green, disgruntled, gun-slinging Monday Morning QB with poor vision.

G

My Lottery ticket speaks for itself..!!

LOL ... you guys are really funny..!!

With $1.6 Billion at stake for that drawing,.. The "painted sign" is precocious enough evidence...So you're accusing me of fabricating the ticket?...

I predicted that there'd be plenty discussion concerning my tickets... and how was I right..!!...

Now, if anybody has suggestions on how to get better results,.. I'm all eyes...

This is Green Fox's thread,.. I'm just participating in its debate..

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32651
                      February 14, 2006
                      9072 Posts

Well, if your calculated Stats are as accurate as your poor vision.. it's at least 33.33% off...

My Pwrball ticket clearly reads $10. spent!...so?,...where in the heck( for ban of my personal word choice) did you get $15.?

Anyone can "Monday morning Quarterback", when the SuperBowl occurred the day before, with Stats..!!

Are you disgruntled for some reason?

...My logic in posting any ticket is no more or less obvious than why others do the same on LP...yet , I've yet to see you question other's motives..

so your questions wreaks "Green" on my end...

I get into the ring with the Lottery ( Mike Tyson)..I'm not a judgemental spectator, as you seem to have appointed yourself..

I've seen your results on LP's prediction board... but in comparison, my tickets show that I've won something..!! but in your case, you've actually won nothing!..and if you have?,.. show it..if you can do better?,.. Do it..

The thread is about "Predicting lottery numbers"... oh yea, ... with your poor vision,.. you probably haven't seen that either!

Another cyber commensurate "Gun Slinger"....

"where in the heck( for ban of my personal word choice) did you get $15.?"

Because the top of the ticket said "Powerball with Powerplay". And just never read where anyone bragged about losing 3 bucks regardless of the size of the jackpot so I assumed you surely won something. Boy was I wrong.

From experience reading lots of posts on LP, most brag about winning not losing.

And did you miss where I says 635,103,137 tickets were sold for that drawing?

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32651
                        February 14, 2006
                        9072 Posts

G

I still can't think of a logical reason to scan losing tickets and showing them a couple of years later, but to each their own. And I tried to explain that when playing 20 or more numbers there could be 40 other numbers that are "one digit off". 

Now if they played a 3 if 5 of 15 number wheel, matched five but only got the wheel guarantee, I'd congratulate them for matching five numbers. Showing a $10 ticket with one line "winning" $7 isn't even worth a "how about that".

And with 635,103,137 tickets sold for the billion dollar drawing, they were shocked to see more than one winner. It's starting to look like we're talking to lottery newbee that when cornered resorts to childish insults.

United States
                          Member #179979
                          February 15, 2017
                          989 Posts

..3 winners,..all 3 beat the supposedly "iMpRoBabLe" 1: 292 Million odds...

I'm curious as to how you arrived to that conclusion? 1 in 292,201,338 is for a having a single winning ticket with 5 + 1 numbers all correct. You have nothing close to that, even with your 1 off theory. Please show me the math to help me understand where you're coming from.

What goes around comes around.

Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            2315 Posts

I still can't think of a logical reason to scan losing tickets and showing them a couple of years later, but to each their own. And I tried to explain that when playing 20 or more numbers there could be 40 other numbers that are "one digit off". 

Now if they played a 3 if 5 of 15 number wheel, matched five but only got the wheel guarantee, I'd congratulate them for matching five numbers. Showing a $10 ticket with one line "winning" $7 isn't even worth a "how about that".

And with 635,103,137 tickets sold for the billion dollar drawing, they were shocked to see more than one winner. It's starting to look like we're talking to lottery newbee that when cornered resorts to childish insults.

Stack, I agree with you on that. Once I scan a winner I hand it to the clerk, so I don't even have a chance to scan it. Pick 3 I used to check at home and take a picture. There should still be a few of those in the "Post Your Winning Ticket" thread.

I don't know what the big deal is about these tickets. All they prove is he won a few bucks like 1000s of others every day. Nothing earth shattering there. 

G

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32651
                              February 14, 2006
                              9072 Posts

..3 winners,..all 3 beat the supposedly "iMpRoBabLe" 1: 292 Million odds...

I'm curious as to how you arrived to that conclusion? 1 in 292,201,338 is for a having a single winning ticket with 5 + 1 numbers all correct. You have nothing close to that, even with your 1 off theory. Please show me the math to help me understand where you're coming from.

I believe he was saying each of the three winning ticket beat the 292 million to 1 odds. But because 635,103,137 tickers were sold, there was a probability that at least two of those tickets would match the winning numbers. When ticket sales are 150 million there is over a 50% of a jackpot winner and the more tickets they sell, the chance of their being a winning ticket get better. 

Page 13 of 56