Welcome Guest
You last visited May 17, 2022, 7:00 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Math Geniuses, Help!! "SLAG" Odd/Even Analysis - Chart I

175 replies. Last post 7 days ago by JeetKuneDoLotto.

Page 6 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

Am I losing my mind here?

Yes you are, the math is correct. [ 2 ]  [18.18%]
No you are not, the math is incorect. [ 3 ]  [27.27%]
I don't know, I lost my abacus. [ 4 ]  [36.36%]
I dont do Math, Math is Racist. [ 2 ]  [18.18%]
Total Valid Votes [ 11 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  

Guests cannot vote  ( Log In | Register )

thamizhpayan's avatar - Lottery-052.jpg

United States
Member #173010
February 13, 2016
1407 Posts

No, you don't. You would gamble fulltime.

Unpredictability and randomness are the base.

United States
    Member #173010
    February 13, 2016
    1407 Posts

In your view.

SergeM 

Sunglasses

Speler

And the list would go on and on - many more to come. But the expression of views is same arrogance.

United States
      Member #173010
      February 13, 2016
      1407 Posts

No, you don't. You would gamble fulltime.

What are you achieving/implying by posting those text outputs?

Are you just showing that's what is happening in the game? Or does it relate to any of the things that the OP asked for? What's the use of your posts in this thread?

When you know nothing is achievable(winning the games - as it is random and the expected or average values don't make sense or don't match), why are you posting these content?

garyo1954's avatar - wallace
        Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        3132 Posts

Took a break while experiencing the deja vu of doing these breakdowns (again). Seems a lot is the same as we did for Cash5, only on an extended scale. I'll not so happily trudge along while waiting for the The Master Guide and Winning Strategies. 

I reserve the right to be wrong, but it seems that most "scientific" methods use the same data viewed a bit differently. That would mean most data systems are the backbone of a good system if the data is used in a consistent manner. It's what the user does with that backbone, and how well they interpret the data that make a difference. 

Time for supper and decisions. Then back to work. 

G

I'm probably here unless I'm not.

United States
          Member #173010
          February 13, 2016
          1407 Posts

Took a break while experiencing the deja vu of doing these breakdowns (again). Seems a lot is the same as we did for Cash5, only on an extended scale. I'll not so happily trudge along while waiting for the The Master Guide and Winning Strategies. 

I reserve the right to be wrong, but it seems that most "scientific" methods use the same data viewed a bit differently. That would mean most data systems are the backbone of a good system if the data is used in a consistent manner. It's what the user does with that backbone, and how well they interpret the data that make a difference. 

Time for supper and decisions. Then back to work. 

G

Different view of same data is good. Plus if We derive something  slightly different with few enhancements to existing ideas, it would be added bonus.

Good Luck

Texas
            United States
            Member #4549
            May 2, 2004
            3132 Posts

The Winning Strategies book is 28 pages. Nothing in there you can't find right here on LP. It was good for the turn of the millennium but we've passed that (I think). Some useful charts, a few wheels, but mostly a constant reminder that you need some means to find the necessary stats you'll need to play the game (which leads in to her Advantage software). 

Good beginner book. Well written. 

Haven't gotten in to Master Guide yet. Skimmed it. 180 odd pages.The last 27 (about the same as the entire Winning Strategies book) is about Gail, her different products, and software, order forms and whatnot. 

Pretty much what I tought reading the reviews. A good backbone for a system but the player has to do the work for himself/herself/itself. Or buy the Advantage software.

Time to go find those pesky errors in my work. 

G

United States
              Member #173010
              February 13, 2016
              1407 Posts

The Winning Strategies book is 28 pages. Nothing in there you can't find right here on LP. It was good for the turn of the millennium but we've passed that (I think). Some useful charts, a few wheels, but mostly a constant reminder that you need some means to find the necessary stats you'll need to play the game (which leads in to her Advantage software). 

Haven't gotten in to Master Guide yet. Skimmed it. 180 odd pages.The last 27 (about the same as the entire Winning Strategies book) is about Gail, her different products, and software, order forms and whatnot. 

Pretty much what I tought reading the reviews. A good backbone for a system but the player has to do the work for himself/herself/itself. Or buy the Advantage software.

G

Nice to know.

Looks like reading these books
              1.Lottery Master Guide
              2.Lotto Wheel Five to Win(Pick 5 games) and/or
              3.Lotto Winning Wheels for Powerball & Mega Millions(jackpot style)
              and then implementing systems on our own adapting the methods mentioned in the books will give some boost to our personal systems/number choices.

I haven't read any of these books.

As far as wheels are considered, We need pools to play that many combinations.

Good Luck

Speler's avatar - me

Belgium
                Member #214858
                April 17, 2021
                2340 Posts

G

I think that you wrote some code yourself.

That soft comes short here and there, appears simple when you know it and not understandable when you have it the first time. I had it twice, once many years ago, as it was for free and working. I couldn't do anything with it. Later I received a voucher code from someone. - I bought the MG years ago and found it rather publicity for the software than a book. I didn't find it helpful. I already had skips and such in Excel long before I had any book about lotto.
                If you can't make your mind up picking numbers, which mainly is the problem, then you get their coded smartpicks. Those were to many to play when I ran it. They also did not score. A score would be something like 6 in 14 to 21 numbers often. That is kind of what I expected of it. A 6/21, years ago, could have paid break even average or mostly if not win with some net. Having typed a 21 numbers wheel that worked, I had to find a system for picking the numbers, also calculated the chances to get 6 with 21 of 42 numbers. I wouldn't risk to write hundreds of combinations on forms, make crosses during two days or so, and not win back my wagered money. So, you should do this, try 21/42 numbers pick 6, get 6/21 every drawing or every two drawings. If you can, then come see me.

AllenB's avatar - CA Fantasy_5.JPG
                  California
                  United States
                  Member #167122
                  June 27, 2015
                  1204 Posts

Nice to know.

Looks like reading these books
                  1.Lottery Master Guide
                  2.Lotto Wheel Five to Win(Pick 5 games) and/or
                  3.Lotto Winning Wheels for Powerball & Mega Millions(jackpot style)
                  and then implementing systems on our own adapting the methods mentioned in the books will give some boost to our personal systems/number choices.

I haven't read any of these books.

As far as wheels are considered, We need pools to play that many combinations.

Good Luck

2.Lotto Wheel Five to Win(Pick 5 games) and/or.

Personally, I do not like "Wheels" to Filter anything.  The Ones that promise 4 of 5 it's Output when you could have have the Five Numbers going into the Wheel is a Total Loss of Control in my opinion.

The Wheel that I Used.  Notice the past tense of "Used" produce every valid combination from a reduced list of numbers by position.  It is limited (but expandable) to an output of about 20,000 combinations that then go through a Series Filter process.

Now about that "Used To".

The File is quite large, but It includes Every Combination in the 5/39 Game and several columns of data about the draw "Series Filter Values" That are queried instead of wheeled.  Essential dividing the entire set into groups that are made smaller by adding or combining Filters.  If you can find the right "Address" or Combination of Series Filters, you will be in a room that Looks like a Gold/Diamond?Silver Mine.  The Shiny Diamond will be sitting atop a pyramid congaing as many as 20 Gold 4of5's, up to a hundred Silver 3of5's, and more 2of5's than you might want. 

Jake, Sully and Billy have Built the Corrals and sorted all of the Stock.  The Crickets built the Structures and Billy has it programmed to identify the Pen with the Diamond it it (if your address is correct.

Now The Boys are looking for a good Cutting Horse .  A lot of Bumps and Bruises are no doubt in their future.

United States
                    Member #173010
                    February 13, 2016
                    1407 Posts

2.Lotto Wheel Five to Win(Pick 5 games) and/or.

Personally, I do not like "Wheels" to Filter anything.  The Ones that promise 4 of 5 it's Output when you could have have the Five Numbers going into the Wheel is a Total Loss of Control in my opinion.

The Wheel that I Used.  Notice the past tense of "Used" produce every valid combination from a reduced list of numbers by position.  It is limited (but expandable) to an output of about 20,000 combinations that then go through a Series Filter process.

Now about that "Used To".

The File is quite large, but It includes Every Combination in the 5/39 Game and several columns of data about the draw "Series Filter Values" That are queried instead of wheeled.  Essential dividing the entire set into groups that are made smaller by adding or combining Filters.  If you can find the right "Address" or Combination of Series Filters, you will be in a room that Looks like a Gold/Diamond?Silver Mine.  The Shiny Diamond will be sitting atop a pyramid congaing as many as 20 Gold 4of5's, up to a hundred Silver 3of5's, and more 2of5's than you might want. 

Jake, Sully and Billy have Built the Corrals and sorted all of the Stock.  The Crickets built the Structures and Billy has it programmed to identify the Pen with the Diamond it it (if your address is correct.

Now The Boys are looking for a good Cutting Horse .  A lot of Bumps and Bruises are no doubt in their future.

Thanks for the information on those wheel books and I would skip those wheels books - there are plenty of wheels texts that are available online which can be easily turned into a substitution based wheeling UI(just number selection, substitution and generation of combinations as per the text wheel).

How about Combinatorial systems (wheels) with guaranteed wins for pick-5 lotteries including Euromillions and the Mega lotteries ? It's on Amazon. Have you tried the wheels in it. I have read reviews and even LP uses wheels from the book

Some idea for the wheel that you built:

1. Instead of retaining the data for all combinations in 5/39 as a table or data with everything pre-calculated, have you tried macros and forms in excel? You can build UI with form and then drive all filtering and calculations in macros and just show final output in cells(and then may be their calculations). The reason is that if you try to implement similar one for 5/69 or 5/70 or anything above 5/50 the number of combinations will extreme to handle. Also different excel versions  have different limitations for rows count per sheet.
                    2. I see that you are holding data in excel tables and looking up different tables. For 5/50 + You might have to use multiple sheets to store the lookup data/table.
                    3. I have read the structures and cycles threads but didn't get to writing or experimenting with them so far.

Good Luck with your wheels and filters.

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      3132 Posts

I agree with skipping the wheel books. I purposely chose not to order those. She has included some wheels in the Master Guide and some in the Strategies book which should be enough to test/play with/look at. 

She states E/O bias to be a short term indicator. She answers the Even/Odd bias question on page 35, last paragraph, where she says, "A difference of +4 has no significance.  A Bias +10 is more significant in the Last 5 than in the Last 10 games."

I guess, "No it doesn't answer all your questions. But those questions result from what she presented," is the appropriate answer to many of the questions about her work. 

But much R-E-S-P-E-C-T to her. For all the negatives she receives, she did the original work (1982/83) in the days of a 8086 processor running 4.77Mhz with a 10Meg Hard drive and maybe, just maybe 128K RAM, in DOS2.1; those prehistoric days before Windows 3.1 when everything was black screen from a command prompt! 

Is it the best today? Probably not.
                      It is among the best written and still among the most complete works on the topic. 

Think about it, we have a thousand fold computing power, more data available, and places to discuss ideas, yet we still refer to work she put together 40 years ago.

Nothing but respect for that. 

G

United States
                        Member #173010
                        February 13, 2016
                        1407 Posts

I agree with skipping the wheel books. I purposely chose not to order those. She has included some wheels in the Master Guide and some in the Strategies book which should be enough to test/play with/look at. 

She states E/O bias to be a short term indicator. She answers the Even/Odd bias question on page 35, last paragraph, where she says, "A difference of +4 has no significance.  A Bias +10 is more significant in the Last 5 than in the Last 10 games."

I guess, "No it doesn't answer all your questions. But those questions result from what she presented," is the appropriate answer to many of the questions about her work. 

But much R-E-S-P-E-C-T to her. For all the negatives she receives, she did the original work (1982/83) in the days of a 8086 processor running 4.77Mhz with a 10Meg Hard drive and maybe, just maybe 128K RAM, in DOS2.1; those prehistoric days before Windows 3.1 when everything was black screen from a command prompt! 

Is it the best today? Probably not.
                        It is among the best written and still among the most complete works on the topic. 

Think about it, we have a thousand fold computing power, more data available, and places to discuss ideas, yet we still refer to work she put together 40 years ago.

Nothing but respect for that. 

G

Hi Garyo,

Lottery Winning Systems: Turns a Game of Luck into a Game of Skill! Paperback – June 2, 2011 : 64 pages : Kindle 0.99$ or paper 9.99$
                        Lottery Winning Strategies: & 70 Percent Win Formula Paperback – October 6, 2014 : 32 pages : Paper 8.00$
                        Lottery Master Guide: Turn a Game of Chance Into a Game of Skill Paperback – October 2, 2003 : 192 pages : Paper 24.50$

Are the wheels in Master Guide same as the Strategies book and the other booklet style book? The smaller books were republished in 2011 and 2014. MG was last published in 2003.

The ideas are from 82 and great work on her part in writing and republishing them with a companion software. Keeping the whole thing active for so long is good as many lottery software companies are out of business already.

I prefer buying Master Guide alone for my purpose. It has more pages to read and will give more idea to play or at least write tools using terms used.

BTW these books and software have some copyright and trademark signs(just by looking at index, glossary on web page and sample page on Amazon).

Thanks

Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          3132 Posts

Hi Garyo,

Lottery Winning Systems: Turns a Game of Luck into a Game of Skill! Paperback – June 2, 2011 : 64 pages : Kindle 0.99$ or paper 9.99$
                          Lottery Winning Strategies: & 70 Percent Win Formula Paperback – October 6, 2014 : 32 pages : Paper 8.00$
                          Lottery Master Guide: Turn a Game of Chance Into a Game of Skill Paperback – October 2, 2003 : 192 pages : Paper 24.50$

Are the wheels in Master Guide same as the Strategies book and the other booklet style book? The smaller books were republished in 2011 and 2014. MG was last published in 2003.

The ideas are from 82 and great work on her part in writing and republishing them with a companion software. Keeping the whole thing active for so long is good as many lottery software companies are out of business already.

I prefer buying Master Guide alone for my purpose. It has more pages to read and will give more idea to play or at least write tools using terms used.

BTW these books and software have some copyright and trademark signs(just by looking at index, glossary on web page and sample page on Amazon).

Thanks

Only two wheels in the 70 Percent Winning Formula. Wheel 101 full wheel and 401 Balanced wheel. 

Master Guide she starts on page 90 with the 101 and 401 wheels and continues expanding with various wheels until about page 142. So the Master Guide contains many more wheels in more detail. 

The kindle book on wheels is basically page after page of short explanation of a wheel and then the blocks to make the wheel. 

She does spend a page or two talking about her copyrights and trademarks and how she feels about people who usurp her work for their own profit while her wheels are free for personal use. 

She did, if not the first, one of the most complete studies on the lottery and published her finding before the lottery became popular in America. She makes mention of how she surprised the mathematicians and statisticians with the anomalies she found in their supposed (nothing to see here) random numbers. And those ideas can't be denied. Even/odd, high/low, short term bias, skips, and the things she presents are evident in the data. 

People have made it sound mysterious when its not. And the most discontent seem to be those who are looking for a SECRET one paragraph answer to winning the lottery, which no one has. It does present a lot of questions as to why she didn't spend more time on more in depth analysis, but perhaps it didn't occur at the time, or she didn't find the need to do so in the data.

G

United States
                            Member #173010
                            February 13, 2016
                            1407 Posts

Only two wheels in the 70 Percent Winning Formula. Wheel 101 full wheel and 401 Balanced wheel. 

Master Guide she starts on page 90 with the 101 and 401 wheels and continues expanding with various wheels until about page 142. So the Master Guide contains many more wheels in more detail. 

The kindle book on wheels is basically page after page of short explanation of a wheel and then the blocks to make the wheel. 

She does spend a page or two talking about her copyrights and trademarks and how she feels about people who usurp her work for their own profit while her wheels are free for personal use. 

She did, if not the first, one of the most complete studies on the lottery and published her finding before the lottery became popular in America. She makes mention of how she surprised the mathematicians and statisticians with the anomalies she found in their supposed (nothing to see here) random numbers. And those ideas can't be denied. Even/odd, high/low, short term bias, skips, and the things she presents are evident in the data. 

People have made it sound mysterious when its not. And the most discontent seem to be those who are looking for a SECRET one paragraph answer to winning the lottery, which no one has. It does present a lot of questions as to why she didn't spend more time on more in depth analysis, but perhaps it didn't occur at the time, or she didn't find the need to do so in the data.

G

Thanks Garyo. So, Master Guide would suffice what I need.

Most of her ideas and views are used intentionally or as parallel thought in many lottery discussions(either they read these books or came up with those on their own). Pre-Internet era, it would have been more of local classes by elders/teachers or elders would have taught family members how to play based on their findings. She might have taken some existing ideas and built on top of the stock based ideology and applied it for Lottery(She has taken existing stock prediction approaches). She has got some copyrights and trademarks - but none can stop others from having similar ideas as long as others use more generic math terms. 

Anyhow things will be interesting as long as We can get some new ideas out of this 40+ years surviving methods/strategies.

Thanks

Texas
                              United States
                              Member #4549
                              May 2, 2004
                              3132 Posts

Thanks Garyo. So, Master Guide would suffice what I need.

Most of her ideas and views are used intentionally or as parallel thought in many lottery discussions(either they read these books or came up with those on their own). Pre-Internet era, it would have been more of local classes by elders/teachers or elders would have taught family members how to play based on their findings. She might have taken some existing ideas and built on top of the stock based ideology and applied it for Lottery(She has taken existing stock prediction approaches). She has got some copyrights and trademarks - but none can stop others from having similar ideas as long as others use more generic math terms. 

Anyhow things will be interesting as long as We can get some new ideas out of this 40+ years surviving methods/strategies.

Thanks

I don't see any reason to buy anything beyond the Master Guide. 

I'd guess most of her ideas were developed/started from some common knowledge played and applied by lottery players that she chose to try to prove/disprove with math.

Most things we see today are a derivative of at least some of her ideas. Its like the game "Gossip." Somebody reads or hears something and passes it along until another person decides, "there is no reason for doing all that when you can do this instead."

Shortcuts leads to more shortcuts until the original idea is denigrated to an unrecognizable, meandering hodgepodge. And I've explored more than my share of rabbit holes to prove it. At the same time she never guarantees you will win, and even mentions you may never win. Its more like "a systematic means of approaching the lottery if you choose to play."

Like the thought that most lotteries are won by QP. She quotes two sources (page 21), one a Canadian newspaper, and the other at the NY Daily News as saying most jackpots are won with self picks. (Granted that may have changed as more people have begun purchasing QPs. What doesn't change is that for ever QP that wins, there are more losing QPs than losing self picks. Ergo, the most money lost on lottery is lost on QPs.)

I'd like to see some of the ideas she didn't include!

G

Page 6 of 12