Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

quick pick or your own numbers

Topic closed. 252 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 9 of 17
PrintE-mailLink

do you quick pick or choose your own numbers?

quick pick [ 32 ]  [12.65%]
choose your own numbers [ 95 ]  [37.55%]
both [ 126 ]  [49.80%]
Total Valid Votes [ 253 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 66 ]  
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5118 Posts
Posted: October 25, 2005, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

Greg said:

"Numbers form patterns. Yes, Virginia, there ARE patterns in randomness!"

"If you can identify and then apprehend or approximate those patterns, your likelihood of winning is greatly increased."

I agree. I am using the Premium Membership resources on Lottery Post to analyze and look for patterns in the games I play (as I have mentioned elsewhere in the forum, I favor Pick-5 games with Florida Fantasy 5 being my favorite).

Greg also said:

"For every quickpick that wins, there are literally ZILLIONS that LOSE."

That's true, but take a look at this interesting information posted on the Florida Lottery web site:

Florida Lottery Quick Pick History

Fantasy 5

Jackpot     Quick         QPs winning
Year         Tickets     Picks         Jackpots
2002         770         389         50.5 %
2003         772         361         46.8 %
2004         755         396         52.5 %

Mega Money

2004         56         33         58.9 %

Over the past three years, about 50% of the Florida Fantasy 5 jackpots were won with quick picks, so I buy a few quick picks along with my selected numbers.

Thanksssssssssss.....MrBobb>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

NEEDLESS to sayaaa...........we have a lot of lottery mecanits on LP.............

Been there with pen/paper....paid for software....all in tryin  to find a system

to "BREAK-EVEN" with or Do-BETTER.

NOW.....spend'g less time, having more FUN, spending about........the same

money on QUICK-PICKs..............with about the same results as BEFORE!!!!

"L@@K"......ING for the BIG STRIKE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO 

Columbia City, Indiana
    United States
    Member #2978
    December 9, 2003
    381 Posts
    Posted: October 25, 2005, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

you lost me there somewhere in the second or third sentence.....

Mike:

You found a sentence in there?? You found THREE sentences in there???

I read it four times and still can't figure out what he's talking about.

MaYyyyyyyYyyyyyybbBbBbbbbbbbeEEeee ????????? I'I'I'I'I'I'I'I'I'I'IIII'''''''''''''''''mmmmmmmmmm ................

JjUUuSsstttt^^^^^^^^^?????? NnNnnnnotttttttt -----?????????...............-------)))))))))))))),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

RRRRrreeeeaAaaAAddDDdddDddiiiiiiiiiiinnNNNnnGGGGGGggggg?????????????? .................... IiIiIIiiittttTTTTttt

CCCCCCCcccccCCcccooOOooooOOOOORrRrRRrrRRreEeEEEEeeeeCcCcccTTTTTtttlllllllllllLLLLYyyyyyYYYY....

I'm kidding with you Psycho, but sometimes your posts are difficult to read. Try using most of your punctuation, other than the OCCASIONAL comma, at the ends of your sentences (just a suggestion).

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: October 29, 2005, 6:02 am - IP Logged

you lost me there somewhere in the second or third sentence.....

Mike:

You found a sentence in there?? You found THREE sentences in there???

I read it four times and still can't figure out what he's talking about.

MaYyyyyyyYyyyyyybbBbBbbbbbbbeEEeee ????????? I'I'I'I'I'I'I'I'I'I'IIII'''''''''''''''''mmmmmmmmmm ................

JjUUuSsstttt^^^^^^^^^?????? NnNnnnnotttttttt -----?????????...............-------)))))))))))))),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

RRRRrreeeeaAaaAAddDDdddDddiiiiiiiiiiinnNNNnnGGGGGGggggg?????????????? .................... IiIiIIiiittttTTTTttt

CCCCCCCcccccCCcccooOOooooOOOOORrRrRRrrRRreEeEEEEeeeeCcCcccTTTTTtttlllllllllllLLLLYyyyyyYYYY....

I'm kidding with you Psycho, but sometimes your posts are difficult to read. Try using most of your punctuation, other than the OCCASIONAL comma, at the ends of your sentences (just a suggestion).

i agree,although very fun to read psycomo posts can be hard to decipher sometimes....

Alabama
        United States
        Member #17830
        June 27, 2005
        309 Posts
        Posted: November 7, 2005, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Psykomo said:

" NOW.....spend'g less time, having more FUN, spending about........the same

money on QUICK-PICKs..............with about the same results as BEFORE!!!! "

Here's some additional information from the newly redesigned Florida Lottery web site. They've added some new information to the DOWNLOADS page that's very useful:

Looking at the Quick Pick History file, this time for the Florida Lotto:

Florida Lotto (6/53 Matrix - Match: 6 of 6, Odds: 1 in 22,957,480)

1999          8      4           50.0 %
        2000          30      17           56.6 %
        2001          30      15           50.0 %
        2002          42      26           61.9 %
        2003          33      23           69.7 %
        2004          38      20           52.6 %
        2005          38      14           36.8 % (thru 11-10)
        Total         219     119           54.3 %

To date, more than 54 % of the jackpots were won with QP's (it's 58 % if you throw out 2005).

The new FLORIDA LOTTO Payouts, 2005 page shows how the QP's were distributed. Notice that for the month of January, there were 5 jackpots, 4 of which were won with QP's, and on January 1, 2 QP tickets shared the jackpot.

The fact that 2 people had the same QP numbers and won the jackpot is intersting. Sales for that drawing were $9,520,570.00, which should mean that 9,520,570 tickets were sold out of a possible 22,957,480 number combinations (6/53 matrix).

Of course what's missing from the payouts page is the number of QP's sold for each drawing. We assume that the majority of the tickets sold for any drawing are QP's, but I wonder how many of the 9.5 million tickets sold for this particular drawing were actually QP's. And I wonder how many duplicate and triplicate QP combinations are sold for each drawing.

At any rate, the data seems to indicate that playing QP's along with chosen numbers is a wise strategy.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

United States
          Member #5565
          July 11, 2004
          260 Posts
          Posted: November 7, 2005, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Quickpicks are a much larger percentage of the total played at well over 90 percent. So it appears that the user-selected numbers are resulting in a higher winning percentage.  The problem with quickpicks is that you can't decline to accept the some of the picks, such as those with too much skewing in the numbers for low or high numbers and for odd or even numbers.

Sparta, NJ
            United States
            Member #18331
            July 9, 2005
            1977 Posts
            Posted: November 7, 2005, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Quickpicks are a much larger percentage of the total played at well over 90 percent. So it appears that the user-selected numbers are resulting in a higher winning percentage.  The problem with quickpicks is that you can't decline to accept the some of the picks, such as those with too much skewing in the numbers for low or high numbers and for odd or even numbers.

You could, kinda, cheat the Quick Pick. Use the usamega RNG option, then either keep the numbers, or portions, and roll again.  Then turn those in as your numbers.  Back when I was smarter then computers, I used to do that.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: November 8, 2005, 11:57 am - IP Logged

The King Kong Millions online game (NY) is quick-pick only. I guess NY didn't want another Millennium Millions since Mega Millions is played the same way.

Sparta, NJ
                United States
                Member #18331
                July 9, 2005
                1977 Posts
                Posted: November 8, 2005, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

Who was the last B-I-G jackpot winner that did not use Quick Pick? I'm remembering Ohio, last year. The one where she used a combination of birthdates, and some other woman tried to claim it as a lost ticket. All the rest, that I remember, were Quick Picks.

Cheers

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
                  Member #567
                  August 14, 2002
                  482 Posts
                  Posted: November 12, 2005, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Who was the last B-I-G jackpot winner that did not use Quick Pick? I'm remembering Ohio, last year. The one where she used a combination of birthdates, and some other woman tried to claim it as a lost ticket. All the rest, that I remember, were Quick Picks.

But even that woman CONTINUOUSLY played those same numbers EVERY drawing for 2 years.  If you are going to play your numbers, you have to be CONSISTENT!!!  Otherwise, you might as well play quick pick.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: November 15, 2005, 6:57 am - IP Logged

Psykomo said:

" NOW.....spend'g less time, having more FUN, spending about........the same

money on QUICK-PICKs..............with about the same results as BEFORE!!!! "

Here's some additional information from the newly redesigned Florida Lottery web site. They've added some new information to the DOWNLOADS page that's very useful:

Looking at the Quick Pick History file, this time for the Florida Lotto:

Florida Lotto (6/53 Matrix - Match: 6 of 6, Odds: 1 in 22,957,480)

1999          8      4           50.0 %
                    2000          30      17           56.6 %
                    2001          30      15           50.0 %
                    2002          42      26           61.9 %
                    2003          33      23           69.7 %
                    2004          38      20           52.6 %
                    2005          38      14           36.8 % (thru 11-10)
                    Total         219     119           54.3 %

To date, more than 54 % of the jackpots were won with QP's (it's 58 % if you throw out 2005).

The new FLORIDA LOTTO Payouts, 2005 page shows how the QP's were distributed. Notice that for the month of January, there were 5 jackpots, 4 of which were won with QP's, and on January 1, 2 QP tickets shared the jackpot.

The fact that 2 people had the same QP numbers and won the jackpot is intersting. Sales for that drawing were $9,520,570.00, which should mean that 9,520,570 tickets were sold out of a possible 22,957,480 number combinations (6/53 matrix).

Of course what's missing from the payouts page is the number of QP's sold for each drawing. We assume that the majority of the tickets sold for any drawing are QP's, but I wonder how many of the 9.5 million tickets sold for this particular drawing were actually QP's. And I wonder how many duplicate and triplicate QP combinations are sold for each drawing.

At any rate, the data seems to indicate that playing QP's along with chosen numbers is a wise strategy.

thanks for that info.i wish tennessee lottery had something like this own their site like florida does.....

United States
                      Member #119
                      February 19, 2002
                      527 Posts
                      Posted: November 15, 2005, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

What the state lotteries will NOT tell you are how many winners were not QP...oh they'll mention their names, but not if they used number selection strategies or even wheels.  But they WILL milk the QP winners.  Why?  So more suckers go out and buy QPs thus enriching the state; however, there would be more winners if one-third of those players used good number selection strategies.  There isn't a lottery in this country that would benefit from publicizing those who used number selection strategies.  That in turns fuels what I call "the Quickpick Illusion": buy a quickpick and you'll definitely win.  I don't think so.  Finally, did you know that the computers that generate the QPs are not programmed to sell all the possible combinations?  That means the QP that YOU bought yesterday could be the QP someone in another place or state buys tomorrow.  The proof?  The last time the MegaRip jackpot was won there were FORTY NINE ticketholders that had the first five numbers correct!  Even if it was proven that fifteen of those winning tickets were selected using number selection strategies, how do you feel that YOUR winning ticket was sold 34 other times??

Sparta, NJ
                        United States
                        Member #18331
                        July 9, 2005
                        1977 Posts
                        Posted: November 15, 2005, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

I think you just desribed gambling.  As defined by the IRS, that is exactly what the lottery is.

Cheers

United States
                          Member #25881
                          November 12, 2005
                          62 Posts
                          Posted: November 15, 2005, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

I usually choose quick pick / easy pick, as I did for tonight's MM drawing, too.

Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: December 1, 2005, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

I usually choose quick pick / easy pick, as I did for tonight's MM drawing, too.

i usually pick my own numbers on powerball.don't seem to have much luck with quick picks........

Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11338 Posts
                              Posted: December 13, 2005, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

What the state lotteries will NOT tell you are how many winners were not QP...oh they'll mention their names, but not if they used number selection strategies or even wheels.  But they WILL milk the QP winners.  Why?  So more suckers go out and buy QPs thus enriching the state; however, there would be more winners if one-third of those players used good number selection strategies.  There isn't a lottery in this country that would benefit from publicizing those who used number selection strategies.  That in turns fuels what I call "the Quickpick Illusion": buy a quickpick and you'll definitely win.  I don't think so.  Finally, did you know that the computers that generate the QPs are not programmed to sell all the possible combinations?  That means the QP that YOU bought yesterday could be the QP someone in another place or state buys tomorrow.  The proof?  The last time the MegaRip jackpot was won there were FORTY NINE ticketholders that had the first five numbers correct!  Even if it was proven that fifteen of those winning tickets were selected using number selection strategies, how do you feel that YOUR winning ticket was sold 34 other times??

i have noticed they rarely mention if someone picks their own numbers.especially in tennessee.......

Page 9 of 17