Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

quick pick or your own numbers

Topic closed. 252 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 10 of 17
PrintE-mailLink

do you quick pick or choose your own numbers?

quick pick [ 32 ]  [12.65%]
choose your own numbers [ 95 ]  [37.55%]
both [ 126 ]  [49.80%]
Total Valid Votes [ 253 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 66 ]  
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: December 13, 2005, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

For the jackpot games I pick my own set of numbers by eliminating about 33%-50% of the total numbers in the game. Then I use my OWN quick pick (RNG) to make my final combinations from that subset.

After I got a pick-5 quick pick that was 32-33-34-35-36 (in a 5/39 game), I stopped letting the state's "computer" pick my numbers.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2005, 6:24 am - IP Logged

For the jackpot games I pick my own set of numbers by eliminating about 33%-50% of the total numbers in the game. Then I use my OWN quick pick (RNG) to make my final combinations from that subset.

After I got a pick-5 quick pick that was 32-33-34-35-36 (in a 5/39 game), I stopped letting the state's "computer" pick my numbers.

i'm doing a similar thing with the 5/39 games.i eliminated everything in the 30's.i got 4 out of 5 in virginia the other night on the prediction board using my system.i had 4-15-18-23-27...the winning numbers were 15-18-23-27-34...........

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2005, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

I have done that as well. I use filters frequently, and sometimes it is so close it is scary. On the other hand all it takes one of those omitted numbers to make ALL your lines void for the most part, and that is always a tough pill to swallow.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
        FEMA Region V Camp #21
        United States
        Member #520
        July 27, 2002
        5699 Posts
        Posted: December 20, 2005, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

SirBrad,

The only filters I use is all odd/even, high/low in the jackpot games. The other "filters" were killing me and it took many picks to come up with 25 filtered combos and a lot of extra time. The extra filtering was eliminating too many viable combos. So I'm sticking with my playable subset of numbers, the basic filters and letting the RNG do the rest of the work.

Lottomike made a good point...if you can eliminate a subset of numbers, you increase your odds dramatically of hitting the jackpot or at least the lower-tier prizes if you happen to eliminate the right numbers (?...that's the toughie). But I must say I've had all five of my playable numbers using 25 of the 39 available numbers in the IL 5/39 game a couple times this last month. The average odds of this happening are about 11 to 1, but the odds of hitting the jackpot are lowered from about 575,000 to 1 to about 53,000 to 1 in those particular games, i.e., a ten times better chance of winning.

...and that's our goal....hitting the jackpot or at least having the state pay for our plays.

Good luck everyone...we need a jackpot win posted here on LP to put the "mathematicians" in their place. The game CAN be beat, it just takes patience and effort and someone will probably do it here.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19828 Posts
          Posted: December 20, 2005, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

I assume everyone who post to the prediction board pick their own numbers and when I compare their win averages to any put out by lottery websites for the same type of game I conclude there isn't an advantage either way in general but I still do pick my own numbers because I don't want to ever say "I knew those numbers were going to hit and I didn't play them".  When I lose and I do quite often it's because I have no clue as to what numbers are coming up next but I do think certain patterns are likely to repeat so I use that belief to pick my numbers. 

I use a RNG that pick numbers within selected parameters and I'm constantly adding new ones.  For my picks for tonight's MegaMillions drawing, I not only used sums, gaps and ranges but the average previous hits of the last 50 winning numbers with the most common amount of digits in each combinations.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: December 21, 2005, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

I assume everyone who post to the prediction board pick their own numbers and when I compare their win averages to any put out by lottery websites for the same type of game I conclude there isn't an advantage either way in general but I still do pick my own numbers because I don't want to ever say "I knew those numbers were going to hit and I didn't play them".  When I lose and I do quite often it's because I have no clue as to what numbers are coming up next but I do think certain patterns are likely to repeat so I use that belief to pick my numbers. 

I use a RNG that pick numbers within selected parameters and I'm constantly adding new ones.  For my picks for tonight's MegaMillions drawing, I not only used sums, gaps and ranges but the average previous hits of the last 50 winning numbers with the most common amount of digits in each combinations.

how well do you do with the mega millions using your system RJOh?

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: January 10, 2006, 10:06 am - IP Logged

People seem to want the right to choose their numbers. Look at OH Lot O' Play.

Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: January 11, 2006, 6:53 am - IP Logged

People seem to want the right to choose their numbers. Look at OH Lot O' Play.

can you choose your own numbers on lot o play or is it just quick picks?

Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: January 13, 2006, 10:11 pm - IP Logged
                  I use QP and my own numbers.  I like my numbers because I use my Family's B-days and ages.  When Powerball gets to $20 million I play 1 QP and my numbers.  When Powerball gets to $50 Million I play my numbers and 4 QP.  When powerball gets to $150 million I play 9 QP and my numbers.  Same thing for Mega Millions.  Lotto South I play My numbers and 4 QP after $15 million.  Lotto 5 after $500,000 I play my numbers and 4 QP.  Very complex huh?

tnplayer are you going to play your lotto south numbers on the new win for life?   have more success picking numbers for powerball or mega millions?

DirtyWrat's avatar - dirty rat_3051bs_mor.jpg
                    Darlington, S.C.
                    United States
                    Member #3691
                    February 12, 2004
                    133 Posts
                    Posted: January 14, 2006, 1:34 am - IP Logged

This thread just refuses to die!

Every time I think I've seen the last of this thread, it comes back to haunt all of us again.

Crazy

With the lottery I get all the exercise I need.

In futility.

Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: January 14, 2006, 1:57 am - IP Logged

Group Hug,i think its a pretty good one myself.got healthy participation from a lot of members on this.its good.its valid.there are so many different questions and answers you can get and a wide range of responses on quick picks or if you use your own numbers.take for instance the ohio lot o play thats a new game and you'll get questions based on it also.i can't help it if people still respond to it dirty wrat,lol.there have been over 200 votes for this poll.............BUT remember we had this discussion in another thread about people having the right to voice their own OPINION.it is your opinion that it haunts you.it might make someone mad.it might make them happy.if you don't like it don't read it.like i said i can't help it if someone responds to it........

DirtyWrat's avatar - dirty rat_3051bs_mor.jpg
                        Darlington, S.C.
                        United States
                        Member #3691
                        February 12, 2004
                        133 Posts
                        Posted: January 14, 2006, 7:08 am - IP Logged

Group Hug,i think its a pretty good one myself.got healthy participation from a lot of members on this.its good.its valid.there are so many different questions and answers you can get and a wide range of responses on quick picks or if you use your own numbers.take for instance the ohio lot o play thats a new game and you'll get questions based on it also.i can't help it if people still respond to it dirty wrat,lol.there have been over 200 votes for this poll.............BUT remember we had this discussion in another thread about people having the right to voice their own OPINION.it is your opinion that it haunts you.it might make someone mad.it might make them happy.if you don't like it don't read it.like i said i can't help it if someone responds to it........

Calm down LottoMike. You don't have to be so defensive. I wasn't being critical of your thread, I was just trying to point out how long this thread has been around.

If you want to keep bumping this tread back up to the top just to see how many responses you get that's fine with me. There's nothing wrong with that. Anyway, what I like or dislike is pretty much irrelevant. You have every right to do or say what you want.

With the lottery I get all the exercise I need.

In futility.

Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: January 14, 2006, 7:21 am - IP Logged

lol.i'm calm,always was.its all good dirtywrat.i tell ya what i'm gonna sit back and we will both see without me bumping it if people respond to it.if they don't it'll fade away.common subject so it'll always get some kind of response.i see cash only,rjoh,rick g and sirbad have been the most recent to add comments........

United States
                            Member #30538
                            January 18, 2006
                            14 Posts
                            Posted: January 24, 2006, 8:11 am - IP Logged

I would only play if I picked my own numbers. If I win, I want to feel like I got the money through skill, not through luck. I used to only quick pick. Now that I pick my own, get many more numbers in the drawing than when I did quick picks. I have yet to hit a jackpot, but I win a lot of the smaller prizes.

Alabama
                              United States
                              Member #17830
                              June 27, 2005
                              309 Posts
                              Posted: January 24, 2006, 9:07 am - IP Logged
                              I use QP and my own numbers.  I like my numbers because I use my Family's B-days and ages.  When Powerball gets to $20 million I play 1 QP and my numbers.  When Powerball gets to $50 Million I play my numbers and 4 QP.  When powerball gets to $150 million I play 9 QP and my numbers.  Same thing for Mega Millions.  Lotto South I play My numbers and 4 QP after $15 million.  Lotto 5 after $500,000 I play my numbers and 4 QP.  Very complex huh?

tnplayer are you going to play your lotto south numbers on the new win for life?   have more success picking numbers for powerball or mega millions?

I bought 5 QP's for Lotto South last weekend and matched 4/6 for $91. It's been a loooong time since I've matched 4/6 in LS. Last time, I used my own numbers.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

Page 10 of 17