Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 6:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

quick pick or your own numbers

Topic closed. 252 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 2 of 17
PrintE-mailLink

do you quick pick or choose your own numbers?

quick pick [ 32 ]  [12.65%]
choose your own numbers [ 95 ]  [37.55%]
both [ 126 ]  [49.80%]
Total Valid Votes [ 253 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 66 ]  
lazyjim's avatar - redhead
White Mountains AZ
United States
Member #11140
February 6, 2005
114 Posts
Posted: February 27, 2005, 4:24 pm - IP Logged
Quote: Originally posted by fast eddie on February 27, 2005

lazyjim, You say you won 5 of 6 on IL. Lotto, did you use to live in IL. or were you just passing though?

I lived all my life in the Chicago area Eddie.  Finally had enough, retired early, and moved to the mountains 2 1/2 yrs ago. Enjoying life in the slow lane now. Fishing, hunting, clean air, clean water, very few people, no traffic jams and the freedom to carry a gun if you want to. Plus I'm an old wild west history fanatic and this is the center of the universe for that.

I'll tell you what I miss about Chicago though..... PIZZA!  hot dogs, Italian beef and sausage, all the ethnic restaurants.  Salernos from Berwyn moved down to Gilbert in the valley, and we go down there about once a month but it's 140 miles. One day in that traffic down there though and I'm itching to get back on my mountain.

You in the city? 

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
    Chicago,IL.
    United States
    Member #2902
    November 29, 2003
    1438 Posts
    Posted: February 27, 2005, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

I'm a Rogers Park guy, far northside. Cubs fan. Can't stand winter, if I hit it big I'm outta here someplace warm. Otherwise I'll have to tough it out for another 30 years. The food here is still great, traffic is a mess, and a lot of the wrong people are carrying guns and if you turn on the news sometimes this place seems like the old west. But what ya gonna do. I'll move when the Cubs win the World Series or I turn sixty five, whichever comes first. See ya in 2035. Take care and good luck.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2005, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

About the lottery, I am a control freak, I would not buy quick picks, win or lose it has to be by my own numbers, after all, the quick pick lottery terminals and the quick pick computer programs don't know how to choose or pick winning lottery numbers, if you win with them is just by chance, I would prefer to make my own chances with my own numbers, right or wrong.

But this is a matter of taste and opinion and everybody has his or her own.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: February 28, 2005, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

I've been to Chicago in 1986, 87, and 88.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
          Member #9517
          December 10, 2004
          1280 Posts
          Posted: March 1, 2005, 5:30 am - IP Logged

I decide my own numbers, but if I am in a situation when it's close to dead line for delivering the tickets and I don't have my systems at hands I might buy quick picks.

But usually I have been preparing my numbers for days already and deliver them on the drawing date.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: March 1, 2005, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

I always play well in advance.

Lakewood
              United States
              Member #7327
              September 30, 2004
              92 Posts
              Posted: March 1, 2005, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone Biglooooser here,

Here is the short of it, I am a scientist of sorts when it comes to the lottery.

You heard this first from me and no one else, if your heard it from someone else they heard it from me.

A simple test for all of you to try, go into a store, pick up a playslip, put the numbers 1-2-3-4-5-6 on one square. Perfect! Now mark a square to give you a qp. Great! Now do it again with another square, on this square, put the numbers 22-24-26-28-30-32, Awesome! Your almost done. Mark another square for a qp, Great! You are finished. Give your playslip to the clerk. Tell him thankyou and look at your numbers. Interesting isnt it?

Your qp's should contain some of the numbers from the two squares you filled out. See how that works? The computer is only giving you back numbers you fed into it, or close to them.

So your luck is contingent upon the last guy before you.

For more Amazing tricks like this , just ask me.

Alonzo Wright

Biglooooser!

P.S. Unless you have tried this test please do not respond with any smart allic remarks. For experience is greater than all your knowledge without it.

K.I.S.S

Keep it Simple Silly

Lakewood
                United States
                Member #7327
                September 30, 2004
                92 Posts
                Posted: March 1, 2005, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Here is How to win the lottery.

Life is a LOTTERY!

Stop stressing, just go about life.

What I mean is this. The chances of you winning the lottery is next to impossible.

You only THINK you are going to win it, Yet in reality,You probably are not!

I dont want to rain on your parade, You only THINK you are going to win anyways right? RIGHT?

You have nothing to prove that you are going to win, O sure statistics/hot/cold/due/bla bla are all nice, Yet to fear if you dont win, that is nonesense.

You really have nothing to fear!

Not really

You dont have to win the Lottery do you?

Life will still go on, you will find something else to entertain yourself with, maybe even better.

there are better investments you know.

Here is an example nonetheless, a nice little story.

-------------------------------------------------

Lets say you picked the numbers

1-3-5-7-9-11 and the numbers come up 2-4-6-8-10-12

Are you disappointed. Well sure you are! You ALMOST won the LOTTERY JACKPOT! Right?

but why are you disappointed?

Because you THINK you ALMOST won the lottery!

Lets take this one step further.

Lets say for argument sake, that you found out that the Lottery was rigged, I mean a fixed game.

Follow me here.

Now you wouldnt be disappointed that you almost won the lottery would you? You would instead be disappointed that you will never win the Lottery! Right? Since it is rigged right?

Dont go away, Please stay, not done yet.

So lets say that you feed your playslip into the computer with what you THINK are the winning numbers, You are certain these numbers are coming up, after all you just spent 3 days and nights figuring them out, even skipped work to get them all figured out. They have got to be the winning numbers! Your rent is due and if you dont win, You've had it!

Please dont think I am talking down to you, follow me here ok?

If the lottery was rigged, and there were no way to win, UNLESS they LET you win, would you play?

Would you have stayed up 3 days and night and missed work for it? well of course not? its rigged right?

Would you be disapointed if you played 1-3-5-7-9-11 and they came up 2-4-6-8-10-12 in a rigged game. Not at all, you were just playing for fun.

You knew it was rigged and you were not going to win anyways. Unless of course they were having an especially good day and decided to let you win above one of their own.

After all, although they dont know you, you are a pretty good chap and why not let you win.

You've tried harder than anyone else, you deserve it right?

Wrong!

Let me explain something to you, if you were running a Lottery would you let one of your family or friends win before stranger? Who of course will split it with you, or a complete stranger who is not?

Well if you opted for the stranger you are  a little nicer than most, pat yourself on the back!

I mean if you and two of your best friends were truely running a lottery? who are you going to favor a friend or a stranger?, if there is a way to rig the game would you? would your two friends?

Its a lot of money ya know????

if there was a way and no one would find out?

would you?

Could you?

If the computer that we all feed our slips into was  set up in a way with a winning number already in place, So if someone happened to put the winning numbers into the machine, to send back to central headquarters a message saying "winning numbers choosen, please change winning numbers.

They then act accordingly just as you and your two friends would, and air the video of one you and your two friends videotapped earlier, actually you video tapped 30 drawings, this is what you do all day.

So you air the prerecorded drawing,with the other winning numbers, the ones that no one got.

"you all do know that they have up to 30 other drawings to choose from right?"

Dont you just love my theory?

Anyhow

If this was the way it really was, would you be disappointed if you played and didnt win?

Of course not!

So why are you disappointed again when you dont win?

o I forgot

You THINK its not rigged and you are going to win the whole JACKPOT someday.

Someday!

Well its a nice dream I guess.

"meantime in another reality" Joe Johnson "Thinks" he is going to win the Lottery tonight.

We'll see

Do you really want to win the Lottery

Stop stressing and live life!

Theres a Lottery for ya

You could be missing out on something great!

Yeah I know it wasnt a very nice story was it?

Sorry.

Alonzo Wright

Biglooooser!

K.I.S.S

Keep it Simple Silly!

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: March 10, 2005, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

KISS- Keep It Simple Stupid

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                    Nova Scotia
                    Canada
                    Member #9934
                    December 27, 2004
                    891 Posts
                    Posted: March 10, 2005, 10:15 pm - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by biglooooser on March 1, 2005

Hi everyone Biglooooser here,

Here is the short of it, I am a scientist of sorts when it comes to the lottery.

You heard this first from me and no one else, if your heard it from someone else they heard it from me.

A simple test for all of you to try, go into a store, pick up a playslip, put the numbers 1-2-3-4-5-6 on one square. Perfect! Now mark a square to give you a qp. Great! Now do it again with another square, on this square, put the numbers 22-24-26-28-30-32, Awesome! Your almost done. Mark another square for a qp, Great! You are finished. Give your playslip to the clerk. Tell him thankyou and look at your numbers. Interesting isnt it?

Your qp's should contain some of the numbers from the two squares you filled out. See how that works? The computer is only giving you back numbers you fed into it, or close to them.

So your luck is contingent upon the last guy before you.

For more Amazing tricks like this , just ask me.

Alonzo Wright

Biglooooser!

P.S. Unless you have tried this test please do not respond with any smart allic remarks. For experience is greater than all your knowledge without it.

K.I.S.S

Keep it Simple Silly

Have you won at all in the lottery?
                      LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: March 12, 2005, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

i tend to do better picking my own numbers,i have no luck with quick picks......

United States
                        Member #379
                        June 5, 2002
                        11296 Posts
                        Posted: March 12, 2005, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

I once had 4/5 on an automatic QP (free play) in NY Take Five.

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                          USA
                          United States
                          Member #8242
                          October 29, 2004
                          1133 Posts
                          Posted: March 12, 2005, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

How many of you pick... say 2-3 of your own #'s... then let the QP fill in the rest?

I only did that once... maybe will do it again.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                            Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: March 13, 2005, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

i think i'll do that sometime pick half mine and let computer pick other half......

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                              USA
                              United States
                              Member #8242
                              October 29, 2004
                              1133 Posts
                              Posted: March 14, 2005, 2:01 am - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by CASH Only on March 1, 2005

I always play well in advance.

Is that how you played when you won the $150 prize in MM twice?

Page 2 of 17