Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 6:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

quick pick or your own numbers

Topic closed. 252 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 12 of 17
PrintE-mailLink

do you quick pick or choose your own numbers?

quick pick [ 32 ]  [12.65%]
choose your own numbers [ 95 ]  [37.55%]
both [ 126 ]  [49.80%]
Total Valid Votes [ 253 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 66 ]  
Portland Oregon
United States
Member #23305
October 10, 2005
47 Posts
Posted: February 5, 2006, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

QUICK PICK!  70% of all JACKPOT winners are won with the QUICK PICK option.  Why argue with the odds?

POWERBALL goes to an all-time record of $365M on February 18, 2006!

konane's avatar - wallace
    Atlanta, GA
    United States
    Member #1265
    March 13, 2003
    3351 Posts
    Posted: February 5, 2006, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

QUICK PICK!  70% of all JACKPOT winners are won with the QUICK PICK option.  Why argue with the odds?

Your stats are correct because a greater number of people simply choose quick pick rather than working a system to select their own numbers.

However, a study a few years back showed that people who have some sort of system (all the way from using birthdays to sophisticated systems) and choose their own numbers to play do YES win more often ..... although there are fewer of those who go to the trouble.

Good luck to everyone!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - rsz 1franklinmillion-front.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11339 Posts
      Posted: February 6, 2006, 7:15 am - IP Logged

Your stats are correct because a greater number of people simply choose quick pick rather than working a system to select their own numbers.

However, a study a few years back showed that people who have some sort of system (all the way from using birthdays to sophisticated systems) and choose their own numbers to play do YES win more often ..... although there are fewer of those who go to the trouble.

i always like to see someone win with their own numbers because it gives me faith that it is possible and i continue to strive toward the goal of getting a huge prize......

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11339 Posts
        Posted: February 11, 2006, 8:05 am - IP Logged

That's a shame they kick it out.  Why don't you start a petition for them to change their software so it will do a QP on partial selection???  IMHO people would spend more $$$$$ if they had it set up like that.  Better to spend the extra $ on a number or two you're pretty sure will hit than leave it up to an RNG at the terminal to give you what you "should have."  Cheers

here in tennessee we have the option of picking some of our numbers and letting the machine pick the rest on the powerball.i usually do this every blue moon........

Palm Harbor, FL
          United States
          Member #32362
          February 11, 2006
          145 Posts
          Posted: February 11, 2006, 11:26 am - IP Logged

my own #'s, but sometimes quick picks. I just hate getting quick picks and going...what the F...!!

Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11339 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2006, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

my own #'s, but sometimes quick picks. I just hate getting quick picks and going...what the F...!!

use the lottery post random number generator.......its better

Sparta, NJ
              United States
              Member #18331
              July 9, 2005
              1977 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2006, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

Something strange has been happening with my Cash 5 picks in NJ.  I use a slip with one number a QP and one where I entered the numbers.  The last couple of weeks, the QP tends to be close to the number I entered.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: February 13, 2006, 10:26 am - IP Logged

Computers are good for quick picks. Not for actually drawing winning numbers.

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                  Member #24380
                  October 21, 2005
                  623 Posts
                  Posted: February 13, 2006, 10:33 am - IP Logged

If I play more than one panel, I will qp, too.  Otherwise, my own numbers.  More than two panels, 43 my own, 1 qp, and 1 combination.

Alabama
                    United States
                    Member #17830
                    June 27, 2005
                    309 Posts
                    Posted: February 13, 2006, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

use the lottery post random number generator.......its better

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

Alabama
                      United States
                      Member #17830
                      June 27, 2005
                      309 Posts
                      Posted: February 13, 2006, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

Something strange has been happening with my Cash 5 picks in NJ.  I use a slip with one number a QP and one where I entered the numbers.  The last couple of weeks, the QP tends to be close to the number I entered.

I've had the same thing happen many times in Georgia Fantasy 5.

One of my strategies is to play my own numbers on panels A through D and QP panel E. I've picked up a few 3/5 wins with the QP'ed number.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8396 Posts
                        Posted: February 13, 2006, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

here in maryland it sems if you put the qp in board ab then your own numbers in board cde you get a better selection in board ab.

when you put your own numbers in board abc... then qpick boards d/e have the same like numbers in boards abc. Which could be a good thing except i don't like it when the quick pick generator gives you the same start number as your own picks.  

i wish we could pick 3 of 5 and let the machine do the other 2 digits but thats not going to happen.

Maine
                          United States
                          Member #12412
                          March 13, 2005
                          21 Posts
                          Posted: February 13, 2006, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I usually pick my own numbers with not much success.  Saturday night I bought 11 tickets with my carefully analyzed selections.  Got 2 numbers on 2 lines which won 2 free quick picks.  One of those free quick picks actually had 3 numbers and I won $9.00 so played for free this weekend. 

If you don't play quick picks, how much time do you spend selecting your numbers? It takes a few hours for me, then when I have so much time invested in it, I have to play even though there's not much winning going on.

I don't think I could play just on paper.  I couldn't stand it if they came in and I didn't have the ticket.  I feel for you my lollipop and Korean Redneck.  Just remember mylollipop, if you can do it once you can do it again, and Korean Redneck, it would take me quite a while to recover if I had an experience like you had.   Good luck everyone!!! 

Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11339 Posts
                            Posted: February 14, 2006, 6:30 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I usually pick my own numbers with not much success.  Saturday night I bought 11 tickets with my carefully analyzed selections.  Got 2 numbers on 2 lines which won 2 free quick picks.  One of those free quick picks actually had 3 numbers and I won $9.00 so played for free this weekend. 

If you don't play quick picks, how much time do you spend selecting your numbers? It takes a few hours for me, then when I have so much time invested in it, I have to play even though there's not much winning going on.

I don't think I could play just on paper.  I couldn't stand it if they came in and I didn't have the ticket.  I feel for you my lollipop and Korean Redneck.  Just remember mylollipop, if you can do it once you can do it again, and Korean Redneck, it would take me quite a while to recover if I had an experience like you had.   Good luck everyone!!! 

thats why you always play.the first time you don't your numbers will come in and you'll regret it forever......

luckieStarr's avatar - darven
                              philadelphia,PA
                              United States
                              Member #27080
                              November 26, 2005
                              507 Posts
                              Posted: February 14, 2006, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

I have won with quick pick...good to keep them in for a few days.

Leaving  Keep It In until It Wins!

Page 12 of 17