Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 10:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

quick pick or your own numbers

Topic closed. 252 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 17 of 17
PrintE-mailLink

do you quick pick or choose your own numbers?

quick pick [ 32 ]  [12.65%]
choose your own numbers [ 95 ]  [37.55%]
both [ 126 ]  [49.80%]
Total Valid Votes [ 253 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 66 ]  
DirtyWrat's avatar - dirty rat_3051bs_mor.jpg
Darlington, S.C.
United States
Member #3691
February 12, 2004
133 Posts
Posted: April 16, 2006, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

replying to people who have replied to my posts thats all i'm doing.if i see a topic of mine and its got a new response i try to reply to be courteous.dirty wrat i like you too!!

Don't take this the wrong way because I'm not trying to be rude, but I didn't say that I liked you.

With the lottery I get all the exercise I need.

In futility.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: April 17, 2006, 7:10 am - IP Logged

replying to people who have replied to my posts thats all i'm doing.if i see a topic of mine and its got a new response i try to reply to be courteous.dirty wrat i like you too!!

Don't take this the wrong way because I'm not trying to be rude, but I didn't say that I liked you.

well you said you thought i was a good guy so i took that to mean you was ok with me.however if you are or if you aren't i could care less!! you mean nothing to me either way.i'm sick of people like you who think its your duty to be the post police.what are you so worried about it for in the first place?   better yet....who cares?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10391 Posts
      Posted: April 17, 2006, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

I've been thinking about this one and want to add, or to say, maybe we have to define quick pick a little more specifically;

Lottery teraminal quick pick?

Quick pick such as here on the site?

Quick pick such as the Missouri Lottery's website "wizard"

Those are all quick picks aren't they? So if 1,000 people played lotto on the same game and we had to lump all the quick picks together,I'm thinking quick picks would be in the majority.

Alabama
        United States
        Member #17830
        June 27, 2005
        309 Posts
        Posted: April 18, 2006, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Group Hug,i think its a pretty good one myself.got healthy participation from a lot of members on this.its good.its valid.there are so many different questions and answers you can get and a wide range of responses on quick picks or if you use your own numbers.take for instance the ohio lot o play thats a new game and you'll get questions based on it also.i can't help it if people still respond to it dirty wrat,lol.there have been over 200 votes for this poll.............BUT remember we had this discussion in another thread about people having the right to voice their own OPINION.it is your opinion that it haunts you.it might make someone mad.it might make them happy.if you don't like it don't read it.like i said i can't help it if someone responds to it........

Calm down LottoMike. You don't have to be so defensive. I wasn't being critical of your thread, I was just trying to point out how long this thread has been around.

If you want to keep bumping this tread back up to the top just to see how many responses you get that's fine with me. There's nothing wrong with that. Anyway, what I like or dislike is pretty much irrelevant. You have every right to do or say what you want.

Alabama
          United States
          Member #17830
          June 27, 2005
          309 Posts
          Posted: April 19, 2006, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

I've been thinking about this one and want to add, or to say, maybe we have to define quick pick a little more specifically;

Those are all quick picks aren't they? So if 1,000 people played lotto on the same game and we had to lump all the quick picks together,I'm thinking quick picks would be in the majority.

I agree. For the purpose of this poll, I would think that the definition of a "quick pick" would include all of the examples you listed. Any non-analyzed, randomly generated combination that you play would be a "quick pick."   So you're right - "quick picks," when lumped together, would greatly outnumber "selected" numbers.

However, if you're looking at sales data provided by a state lottery (e.g. the data from the Florida Lottery that I posted earlier in this thread) to try to determine what percentage of QP's won jackpots, then a Quick Pick would be strictly defined as a combination "randomly" generated by the lottery terminal. You either you fill in the "QP" box on the bet slip and hand it to the terminal operator, or ask them for a "quick pick." Anything else would be treated as a selected combination since you have to actually fill out the bet slip with your "quick pick" numbers.

Here's one to ponder: If you select numbers for your combination "off the top of your head," i.e. guess numbers as you fill out a bet slip, is that combination a quick pick, or a selected number?

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

United States
            Member #10720
            January 23, 2005
            933 Posts
            Posted: April 19, 2006, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

Quick Pick is assumed to be the lottery terminal using its RNG to generate the numbers. Even numbers coming "from your head" are influenced by past results that you vaguely remember or by trying to give the numbers a good "spread".

My algorithms run on a Pocket PC so that I can generate sets on the spot. That saves time. I only spend time to modify and improve the program. I never won anything more than 3 dollars with a QP, but have won better prizes using my systems.

With a QP the odds are certainly against you and over time you would lose more than you win. With a decent system, you might be able to overcome the odds enough to make profit.

With a QP, if you win, you have to be thankful to the store clerk that hit the button at the exact time, but with your own you can be proud that you "earned" it yourself. 

One Exception: if I go to the Leprechaun News in Rutherford I add a few QP on the Mega because that RNG generated a major winner. Other Exception: when it's a group of people they should be QP so that no one person can claim credit for picking the numbers.

Alabama
              United States
              Member #17830
              June 27, 2005
              309 Posts
              Posted: April 19, 2006, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Good points, LckyLary!  While I still play some lottery terminal generated QP's, I play more of my own numbers, which are based on analysis of previous drawings.

The Pocket PC sounds like a good idea.  I've never used one before - can you run the same programs that you run on a desk top PC?

Alabama
                United States
                Member #17830
                June 27, 2005
                309 Posts
                Posted: April 20, 2006, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

How I play is I get an A-C-E.  A is QP, C is numbers I picked and E is the same lucky numbers I play every draw. ACE instead of abc figure I spell something.

So then you play three combinations for each drawing? Which games have you had the most success with by using this method?

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: April 26, 2006, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

Good points, LckyLary!  While I still play some lottery terminal generated QP's, I play more of my own numbers, which are based on analysis of previous drawings.

The Pocket PC sounds like a good idea.  I've never used one before - can you run the same programs that you run on a desk top PC?

do you win more here lately with quick picks or your own numbers mrbobb?

Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: May 2, 2006, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

lots of people use the quick pick generator on this site.

which do you use of the ones mentioned above?

cv844's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
                      texas
                      United States
                      Member #4689
                      May 17, 2004
                      4121 Posts
                      Posted: May 2, 2006, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

I have had more luck on qps , when picking my own, I seem to always be a number off. With my qps , I try to guess which one seems a winner and put extra money on it.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                        Member #2338
                        September 17, 2003
                        2063 Posts
                        Posted: May 2, 2006, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Looking at some of the posts now I know why some people have high post numbers.

I'm trying my luck with quickpicks in the Canadian games so I'll see how it goes. Best I did in Powerball was 3+1 with my own numbers. Only played $20 in Mega since it arrived in WA state since I keep waiting for it to roll. Tried my own numbers in Euromillions and won exactly nothing.

For the Canadian 6/49 game I picked loosing WA state quickpicks that followed a patern (other than being the wrong numbers I hope). For Super 7 just straight quickpicks. Ultimately I don't care which method gives me a winner as long as I can quit work.

For those believing it's rigged - then don't play.  

Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: June 9, 2006, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

I have had more luck on qps , when picking my own, I seem to always be a number off. With my qps , I try to guess which one seems a winner and put extra money on it.

quick picks work better on the jackpot games but on the pick 3 and pick 4 the picking your own number method works best.......

Page 17 of 17