Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 6:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

quick pick or your own numbers

Topic closed. 252 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 8 of 17
PrintE-mailLink

do you quick pick or choose your own numbers?

quick pick [ 32 ]  [12.65%]
choose your own numbers [ 95 ]  [37.55%]
both [ 126 ]  [49.80%]
Total Valid Votes [ 253 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 66 ]  
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5146 Posts
Posted: August 4, 2005, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

More players win from quick-picks because that's the most common method of play the average player will buy a quick-pick while the rest will select there own numbers randomly or intelligently.

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD................................................DON'T FORGET.........

Quick-PICK^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^PLAYER'ssssssssss

Lightennnng STRIKES....(One in every 186,000 golfer's) LOTTO PEOPLE!!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: August 25, 2005, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

My family plays both quick pick and own picks. However, most of the time, we pick are own numbers because QPs have a chance to lose more money in the short term. QPs can win a jackpot better than own picks.

LottoFan's avatar - nw sorc2.jpg
      Arizona
      United States
      Member #4595
      May 6, 2004
      57 Posts
      Posted: August 26, 2005, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

As I have previously stated, I do both.  I try to have as much "lotto-type" fun as possible!

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: August 26, 2005, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

In almost every case (except when I have a bad case of the lazy's) I use the slip and select dual; one QP and one with numbers I selected. I usually buy them for 2 draws at a time, and use different slips in different stores. I find that the QP numbers are more diversified when I go to multiple stores. So far, the hits with substantial money in them have been through QPs.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1610
          June 3, 2003
          668 Posts
          Posted: August 26, 2005, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

Ever since the recent Idaho Powerball win, I've been reminded to periodically dust off some favorite old number sets to rotate in and out of play. Certainly cant' hurt. Can always toss in a QP or two for good measure.

... the lottery never fails to surprise!

United States
            Member #1759
            June 29, 2003
            1156 Posts
            Posted: October 21, 2005, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

The Main reason that Quick-Picks work has nothing to do with "Luck" if you read the back of the playslips for the Odds ( for example here in the FL Fantasy 5 the Odds are 1 in 376,992 ) and compare it too the City population which is obviously greater than the odds your definitely going to have a winner.In most cases several winners in fact in a 1 month period there were an average of 2-3 winners in our Fantasy 5.So since our population is much greater than 376,992 you will almost always have winners in the Pick-5.It's totally based on the fact that the Odds dictate that somewhere in the State of Florida there's gonna be winners especially if every player or a significant amount of players are buying quick-picks.The Luck part only pertains to the people that actually win whether it's you, your neighbor,a co-worker,relative,friend or someone from another city.So actually a better way to play ( in my opinion ) is too select your own numbers intelligently/systematically provided you have a good method to use.Anytime I've ever won money in any of the games I selected my own numbers and have never won anything from a quick-pick.I'm not saying quick-picks aren't a good way to play just that your chances of winning would probably be much better if you selected your own numbers.

United States
              Member #119
              February 19, 2002
              527 Posts
              Posted: October 21, 2005, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

Numbers form patterns.  Yes, Virginia, there ARE patterns in randomness!

If you can identify and then apprehend or approximate those patterns, your likelihood of winning is greatly increased.  For example, back in May based on my study of the numbers and patterns, I "anticipated" that three numbers in the 40's would come out in the NJ 6/49.  I was right.  But I picked the wrong three numbers.  I was exhilarated, not DEFLATED if I had quickpicked those numbers and lost that way.

When you do a quickpick, you surrender the aforementioned ability--- a skill you can learn-- to chance.

For every quickpick that wins, there are literally ZILLIONS that LOSE.  Think about that!

The large the number field, the more difficult it is to anticipate where the numbers will fall.  That's why I call it PowerRip and MegaRip.  Whoever played  a roulette wheel with 500 numbers?  I stick to the lower number field games.  Of course, if the Power or Mega Rip gets way high, I dabble in it.  But I do not seriously play a game where I would be wasting my valuable energy analyzing numbers and patterns they form.

Sparta, NJ
                United States
                Member #18331
                July 9, 2005
                1977 Posts
                Posted: October 23, 2005, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

When you do a quickpick, you surrender the aforementioned ability--- a skill you can learn-- to chance.

I'm not trying to be a smart a** here, but if QP wins 75% of the time, that indicates I have a three out of four chance in winning with QP. How does that equate to forfieting anything? How is one in four better? Why learn how to cook, when three out of four times some one will serve you the meal (buy a takeout on the fourth time)?

Cheers

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: October 23, 2005, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Whether it's $340 million or $12 million, I always choose my numbers. I would want to say I picked them myself.

United States
                    Member #119
                    February 19, 2002
                    527 Posts
                    Posted: October 23, 2005, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

I'm not trying to be a smart a** here, but if QP wins 75% of the time, that indicates I have a three out of four chance in winning with QP.

You THINK 75% of the wins are with QPs but what you do NOT know is that the lotteries will NEVER tell you those who won with a SYSTEM and WHAT SYSTEM they used!

The truth is that it is to the states' advantage to have you buy quickpicks because they make more money that way, esp. if u believe that qps are the way to win. 

However, your money (and that of everyone else!) is best used on strategies and systems bec. the purchase of qps ENRICHES the STATE at YOUR expense.

The odds favor you winning with a system and strategy than they do you buying the ONE qp that MIGHT be a winner out of the 200,000,000 qps sold for that drawing.

Greenwich, CT
                      United States
                      Member #4793
                      May 24, 2004
                      1822 Posts
                      Posted: October 23, 2005, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

I have a 0% chance of winning with quickpicks...because I never buy them.

Los Angeles, California
                        United States
                        Member #24522
                        October 23, 2005
                        1 Posts
                        Posted: October 23, 2005, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

I choose my own numbers (of course, with some help from websites such as lotterypost.com, e-mainplace.com, and smartgroups.com)

Sparta, NJ
                          United States
                          Member #18331
                          July 9, 2005
                          1977 Posts
                          Posted: October 23, 2005, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

All I know is, I have won more often with a QP then I have with a number I selected; infact my own number has only won once. QP has hit hundreds of times. I figure to go with the one who brung me to the dance - QPs. NOthing like experience to rule over wishfull thinking.

Cheers

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #1340
                            April 6, 2003
                            2450 Posts
                            Posted: October 25, 2005, 12:25 am - IP Logged

sometimes I like to mix and match...
                            for wed. I like 13 as a PB number but no idea for white balls... so I just filled in QP on the bet slip but also filled in 13 on the PB block for the same game...
                            ticket then says Q5 (rather than Q6 for a full QP... in PA, YMMV)

I may try again sat. with a PB and 2 WB picks to see if I get a "Q2" on the ticket... either that or I'll get a error beep and a bewildered look from Dave (first name basis with ticket clerk... I play too often, but only one ticket ;-) )

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Alabama
                              United States
                              Member #17830
                              June 27, 2005
                              309 Posts
                              Posted: October 25, 2005, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Greg said:

"Numbers form patterns. Yes, Virginia, there ARE patterns in randomness!"

"If you can identify and then apprehend or approximate those patterns, your likelihood of winning is greatly increased."

I agree. I am using the Premium Membership resources on Lottery Post to analyze and look for patterns in the games I play (as I have mentioned elsewhere in the forum, I favor Pick-5 games with Florida Fantasy 5 being my favorite).

Greg also said:

"For every quickpick that wins, there are literally ZILLIONS that LOSE."

That's true, but take a look at this interesting information posted on the Florida Lottery web site:

Florida Lottery Quick Pick History

Fantasy 5

Jackpot     Quick         QPs winning
                              Year         Tickets     Picks         Jackpots
                              2002         770         389         50.5 %
                              2003         772         361         46.8 %
                              2004         755         396         52.5 %

Mega Money

2004         56         33         58.9 %

Over the past three years, about 50% of the Florida Fantasy 5 jackpots were won with quick picks, so I buy a few quick picks along with my selected numbers.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

Page 8 of 17