Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's with NY Sweet Million??

Topic closed. 516 replies. Last post 5 years ago by kapla.

Page 28 of 35
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #171
April 7, 2002
181 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2011, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Here's WHY I wanna win SM....

Work, work all week long
Punchin' that clock from dusk till dawn.
Countin' the days till Friday night
That's when all the conditions are right.
For a good time
Lord I need a good time.

Alan Jackson! 

Tell me you havent seen/heard GE's ecoimagination commercial and the great line dancing that goes with it!

I just downloaded "Good Time" for my ringtone too!

Now all I gotta do is win, and I'll be all set.  You'll see some fantastic line dancin if THAT happens!!!!!!
Just watch me shimmy!

Every time I see that commercial I get pissed off, what GE should really be showing is Chinese workers doing Tai Chi to that song, that's where the GE plants are going, see below:

"General Electric has closed its last major factory making incandescent light bulbs in the United States, a victim of a 2007 law banning sale of the light bulbs by 2014. Environmental activist groups promised the restrictions would create green jobs, but workers at GE’s Winchester, Virginia plant are finding the law is merely creating red jobs overseas in China.

Cheaper in China
The 2007 law imposed energy efficiency requirements that cannot be met by traditional incandescent light bulbs. Compact fluorescent lights (CFLs), which are much more expensive than incandescent light bulbs, are the least expensive alternative. The manufacture of CFLs, however, is labor-intensive and too expensive to be done at U.S. wage rates.

GE could retrofit its Winchester plant to produce CFLs, but GE CFLs would be 50 percent more expensive than bulbs made in China with the benefit of cheap labor. Realizing it could not compete with such a cost disadvantage, GE is closing down its Winchester factory.

Two hundred workers at the Winchester plant are being put out to pasture during the worst economic conditions since the Great Depression. Many others preceded them while CFLs gained increasing market share under the looming incandescent light bulb ban........."

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
    NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3820 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2011, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Every time I see that commercial I get pissed off, what GE should really be showing is Chinese workers doing Tai Chi to that song, that's where the GE plants are going, see below:

"General Electric has closed its last major factory making incandescent light bulbs in the United States, a victim of a 2007 law banning sale of the light bulbs by 2014. Environmental activist groups promised the restrictions would create green jobs, but workers at GE’s Winchester, Virginia plant are finding the law is merely creating red jobs overseas in China.

Cheaper in China
    The 2007 law imposed energy efficiency requirements that cannot be met by traditional incandescent light bulbs. Compact fluorescent lights (CFLs), which are much more expensive than incandescent light bulbs, are the least expensive alternative. The manufacture of CFLs, however, is labor-intensive and too expensive to be done at U.S. wage rates.

GE could retrofit its Winchester plant to produce CFLs, but GE CFLs would be 50 percent more expensive than bulbs made in China with the benefit of cheap labor. Realizing it could not compete with such a cost disadvantage, GE is closing down its Winchester factory.

Two hundred workers at the Winchester plant are being put out to pasture during the worst economic conditions since the Great Depression. Many others preceded them while CFLs gained increasing market share under the looming incandescent light bulb ban........."

Well Jacal, as much as I might agree with you, I'm not that overly concerned with the backstory to the commercial. 

I was just sayin how I'm gonna celebrate my big SM win.  I'll be havin a Good Time line dancin to Alan Jackon's Good Time with 25 smokin hot twenty-something blonde chippies!!!  We'll all be wearin Wrangler jeans,  Stetson's, and cowboy boots!!

Not to defend GE, but they aint the only Fortune 500 to offshore jobs.  I retired from IBM.  It used to be called International Business Machines.  But now the 'I' stands for India.  There's more IBM'ers in India than there is in The States.  And the number in India gets larger every day, while the number of American IBM employee's gets smaller every day. 

Trust me on this one. I speak from first hand experience because IBM sent my job to India.  That's why IBM permanently laid me off.  Fortunately for me, I had over 30 years with them. That entitles me to collect a pension regardless of my age at the time I left.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
      Member #171
      April 7, 2002
      181 Posts
      Posted: March 14, 2011, 8:25 am - IP Logged

Well Jacal, as much as I might agree with you, I'm not that overly concerned with the backstory to the commercial. 

I was just sayin how I'm gonna celebrate my big SM win.  I'll be havin a Good Time line dancin to Alan Jackon's Good Time with 25 smokin hot twenty-something blonde chippies!!!  We'll all be wearin Wrangler jeans,  Stetson's, and cowboy boots!!

Not to defend GE, but they aint the only Fortune 500 to offshore jobs.  I retired from IBM.  It used to be called International Business Machines.  But now the 'I' stands for India.  There's more IBM'ers in India than there is in The States.  And the number in India gets larger every day, while the number of American IBM employee's gets smaller every day. 

Trust me on this one. I speak from first hand experience because IBM sent my job to India.  That's why IBM permanently laid me off.  Fortunately for me, I had over 30 years with them. That entitles me to collect a pension regardless of my age at the time I left.

Sorry you lost your job at IBM, GiveFive, that's what I mean about the commercial, I think about all you guys losing your jobs to foreign countries when I see the commercial, not just GE employees losing their jobs to cheaper wages overseas.  At least you left with your pension, that's good. 

Did you know that the CEO of Pepsi (Pepsi is still located in Westchester, so far) is an Indian woman and she even wears a sari to work?

Our children/granchildren will have to win the lottery to have a good life, there are no jobs here any longer.....

Well, on a positive note, I hope you will singing that Good Time song soon...

'Have to run and pick out my SM numbers, catch you later.

I see thrifty left me now, you must have scared him off, givefive.....

NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3820 Posts
        Posted: March 14, 2011, 10:13 am - IP Logged

Sorry you lost your job at IBM, GiveFive, that's what I mean about the commercial, I think about all you guys losing your jobs to foreign countries when I see the commercial, not just GE employees losing their jobs to cheaper wages overseas.  At least you left with your pension, that's good. 

Did you know that the CEO of Pepsi (Pepsi is still located in Westchester, so far) is an Indian woman and she even wears a sari to work?

Our children/granchildren will have to win the lottery to have a good life, there are no jobs here any longer.....

Well, Jacal, I dunno....there's lottsa jobs here.....  They all pay $7.50 an hour. 

And, I believe President Obama when he says he created thousands of new jobs.  I got three of them myself!

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
          NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90535
          April 29, 2010
          12118 Posts
          Posted: March 15, 2011, 9:16 am - IP Logged

JACAL5, I was the second person to post on your thread.Someone won the jackpot last night with self picks.Nice win! I  did not win anything.US Flag

LUCKY $5 DOLLAR BILL

Drawing Results

back to all results

Sweet Million

• Telephone: (518) 388-3415
          • E-mail: Contact Us
          • Web site: NYLottery.org

Mega Millions Logo

March
          14, 2011 Sweet Million Winning Numbers: 05-08-13-15-25-30 Sweet Million Drawing
          - 1 Jackpot Prize Winner

Prize LevelNumbers MatchedPrize AmountNew York Winner
          First6 out of 6$1,000,000.001
          Winning Counties: NASSAU ,
          Retailer Locations:

• NEELKANTH 1247 CORP , 1247 WANTAGH AVE , WANTAGH
          Second5 out of 6$500.0027
          Third4 out of 6$40.00993
          Fourth3 out of 6$3.0012683

*Note: Prize values are predetermined. However,in the event there are more
          than 5 first prize winners, those winners will share $5,000,000 in proportion to
          the number of winners. Prize levels 2nd through 4th are also subject to be paid
          on a pari-mutuel basis.

The information contained on these pages is believed to be accurate. In the
          event of a discrepancy between the information displayed on this Web site
          concerning winning numbers and payouts and the information contained in the
          official and certified files maintained by the New York Lottery's Drawing Unit,
          those maintained by the Drawing Unit shall prevail.

To print, click
          here

United States
            Member #171
            April 7, 2002
            181 Posts
            Posted: March 15, 2011, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Well, Jacal, I dunno....there's lottsa jobs here.....  They all pay $7.50 an hour. 

And, I believe President Obama when he says he created thousands of new jobs.  I got three of them myself!

How did you guys do last night?  I won $6.00, but I spent $10, so I didn't really win anything. I tried a new strategy, I took my best shot at picking 4 lines, and got a QP  for the 5th line, thinking my picks might affect the computer QP, by mixing some of my numbers with some I didn't play and come up with a winner.  I took the filled out card to one store and got my $5.00 ticket, then I went to Shop-Rite and used the same card so I would get a different QP on the last line in a different store, and paid the clerk another $5.00 to double up on my picks, and still be left with two different QP lines.

The winning result:  SM-(5,8,13,15,25,30) My Winning Pick (10,13,24,25,30,35).

The closest QP I had to SM (5,7,9,28,31,39). Of course I don't really know if the QP picked up the 5, 28, and 31 that I played on my 4 lines, and I didn't have the QP numbers of  7, 9, or 39 on any of my lines, it was just an experiment that obviously didn't work last night to produce any winnings.

I screwed up my second line, I originally picked (2,13,15,25,26,31), but I didn't want to be on 13 on another line (dumb mistake), so I changed the 13 and 15 to 18 and 19 at the last minute, otherwise I would have won $12.00 by hitting on two lines if I didn't change it because I doulbed up, and notice I would have just missed getting 4 numbers on this line because I picked 31 instead of 30, I use them interchangeably because 30 and 31 come out often.

Givefive, if all the numbers went my way, I would have won 2 million doubling up, and I would really have been an AFTER TAX millionairess, I bet thrifty would come back in that case (lol), but then he would have plenty of competition since I would have plenty of suitors of all ages  (lol) !!!!!

Well, I am in a pool tonight in MM but I don't know how many people are in it, and need to go out and get MM QP's, GLTA.....

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3820 Posts
              Posted: March 15, 2011, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

How did you guys do last night?  I won $6.00, but I spent $10, so I didn't really win anything. I tried a new strategy, I took my best shot at picking 4 lines, and got a QP  for the 5th line, thinking my picks might affect the computer QP, by mixing some of my numbers with some I didn't play and come up with a winner.  I took the filled out card to one store and got my $5.00 ticket, then I went to Shop-Rite and used the same card so I would get a different QP on the last line in a different store, and paid the clerk another $5.00 to double up on my picks, and still be left with two different QP lines.

The winning result:  SM-(5,8,13,15,25,30) My Winning Pick (10,13,24,25,30,35).

The closest QP I had to SM (5,7,9,28,31,39). Of course I don't really know if the QP picked up the 5, 28, and 31 that I played on my 4 lines, and I didn't have the QP numbers of  7, 9, or 39 on any of my lines, it was just an experiment that obviously didn't work last night to produce any winnings.

I screwed up my second line, I originally picked (2,13,15,25,26,31), but I didn't want to be on 13 on another line (dumb mistake), so I changed the 13 and 15 to 18 and 19 at the last minute, otherwise I would have won $12.00 by hitting on two lines if I didn't change it because I doulbed up, and notice I would have just missed getting 4 numbers on this line because I picked 31 instead of 30, I use them interchangeably because 30 and 31 come out often.

Givefive, if all the numbers went my way, I would have won 2 million doubling up, and I would really have been an AFTER TAX millionairess, I bet thrifty would come back in that case (lol), but then he would have plenty of competition since I would have plenty of suitors of all ages  (lol) !!!!!

Well, I am in a pool tonight in MM but I don't know how many people are in it, and need to go out and get MM QP's, GLTA.....

I didnt have a single number!!

That's because I didnt play!!!!  LOL!

Maybe I'll play on Thursday.   But I aint playin MM tonite, and I doubt I'll play PB tomorrow night.

On Friday, I'll probably jump on Take5 with 10 bucks or so.  (That's because I wont play MM or PB. If I played them, then I wouldnt hit Take5 with ten bucks.)   We'll see how it goes.

United States
                Member #171
                April 7, 2002
                181 Posts
                Posted: March 15, 2011, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

JACAL5, I was the second person to post on your thread.Someone won the jackpot last night with self picks.Nice win! I  did not win anything.US Flag

LUCKY $5 DOLLAR BILL

Drawing Results

back to all results

Sweet Million

• Telephone: (518) 388-3415
                • E-mail: Contact Us
                • Web site: NYLottery.org

Mega Millions Logo

March
                14, 2011 Sweet Million Winning Numbers: 05-08-13-15-25-30 Sweet Million Drawing
                - 1 Jackpot Prize Winner

Prize LevelNumbers MatchedPrize AmountNew York Winner
                First6 out of 6$1,000,000.001
                Winning Counties: NASSAU ,
                Retailer Locations:

• NEELKANTH 1247 CORP , 1247 WANTAGH AVE , WANTAGH
                Second5 out of 6$500.0027
                Third4 out of 6$40.00993
                Fourth3 out of 6$3.0012683

*Note: Prize values are predetermined. However,in the event there are more
                than 5 first prize winners, those winners will share $5,000,000 in proportion to
                the number of winners. Prize levels 2nd through 4th are also subject to be paid
                on a pari-mutuel basis.

The information contained on these pages is believed to be accurate. In the
                event of a discrepancy between the information displayed on this Web site
                concerning winning numbers and payouts and the information contained in the
                official and certified files maintained by the New York Lottery's Drawing Unit,
                those maintained by the Drawing Unit shall prevail.

To print, click
                here

Thrify,

Does the five dollar bill mean you are only playing the $5.00 SM QP's now?

I want to be the next SM jackpot winner so bad....., so I'll keep trying.......

United States
                  Member #171
                  April 7, 2002
                  181 Posts
                  Posted: March 15, 2011, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

I didnt have a single number!!

That's because I didnt play!!!!  LOL!

Maybe I'll play on Thursday.   But I aint playin MM tonite, and I doubt I'll play PB tomorrow night.

On Friday, I'll probably jump on Take5 with 10 bucks or so.  (That's because I wont play MM or PB. If I played them, then I wouldnt hit Take5 with ten bucks.)   We'll see how it goes.

That's funny givefive, good luck with takefive, you can still put a buck on MM and PB, just skip your morning cup of coffee, I do that, I'll say to myself; "Do you really want to buy that McDonald's Sweet Tea for a buck or go get another lottery ticket, and the lottery ticket usually wins.....

Thrifty came back and he even gave me five dollars and a flag, what a sweetmillion that thrifty is, uuhhh, I mean, what a sweetheart that thrifty is........

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3820 Posts
                    Posted: March 16, 2011, 7:50 am - IP Logged

That's funny givefive, good luck with takefive, you can still put a buck on MM and PB, just skip your morning cup of coffee, I do that, I'll say to myself; "Do you really want to buy that McDonald's Sweet Tea for a buck or go get another lottery ticket, and the lottery ticket usually wins.....

Thrifty came back and he even gave me five dollars and a flag, what a sweetmillion that thrifty is, uuhhh, I mean, what a sweetheart that thrifty is........

McDONALD'S??????

Geat Googa-mooga Jacal!!!  I dont want no stinkin McDonald's coffee!

No Ma'm!!   I drink SBUX or DD coffee, and you sure cant buy their coffee for a buck!

As for me not playin tonite, well, see it's like this: I deliberately chose not to play. There are many nights I do that.  I wont let it control me.  It's too easy to get hooked on things like gambling, drugs and alcohol etc. I want to be the next SM JP winner very badly too, but I wont let it get to the point where I'm obsessed with it. (Not sayin I think your obsessed, but I've seen people at the store or gas station buying tickets and there aint much doubt in my mind they've got a gambling problem.)  Other nites the reason that I dont play is simply because I didnt stop for gas, or didnt go to the store for milk or bread or what-have-you.

I play Take5 for two reasons.  First, it's the odds.  While I know winning a T5 JP wont make me rich, it'll pay some bills and maybe my wife and I will do something nice for ourselves, like go on a vacation.  I also realize that if I win a T5 jackpot, I probably wont be lucky enough to get a solo hit.  Only on a few occasions have I seen a solo T5 JP winner.  So I've no expectation of being weathly after winning a T5 JP.

Second, with T5 it's just easier to track the numbers.  I have an Excel spreadsheet with all the SM drawings in it, but it's a lot more work to track the numbers just by adding that 6th number. 

Last but not least, it's fun!!!  Playing all lottery games is fun, but I think it the thrill of the chase will be gone if I do win a JP.  Not that I wouldnt really enjoy having the bucks. If I won, I'd still play, but my expectation of winning a JP would be a lot lower than it is now, and right now, it aint all that high!!!

United States
                      Member #171
                      April 7, 2002
                      181 Posts
                      Posted: March 16, 2011, 9:04 am - IP Logged

McDONALD'S??????

Geat Googa-mooga Jacal!!!  I dont want no stinkin McDonald's coffee!

No Ma'm!!   I drink SBUX or DD coffee, and you sure cant buy their coffee for a buck!

As for me not playin tonite, well, see it's like this: I deliberately chose not to play. There are many nights I do that.  I wont let it control me.  It's too easy to get hooked on things like gambling, drugs and alcohol etc. I want to be the next SM JP winner very badly too, but I wont let it get to the point where I'm obsessed with it. (Not sayin I think your obsessed, but I've seen people at the store or gas station buying tickets and there aint much doubt in my mind they've got a gambling problem.)  Other nites the reason that I dont play is simply because I didnt stop for gas, or didnt go to the store for milk or bread or what-have-you.

I play Take5 for two reasons.  First, it's the odds.  While I know winning a T5 JP wont make me rich, it'll pay some bills and maybe my wife and I will do something nice for ourselves, like go on a vacation.  I also realize that if I win a T5 jackpot, I probably wont be lucky enough to get a solo hit.  Only on a few occasions have I seen a solo T5 JP winner.  So I've no expectation of being weathly after winning a T5 JP.

Second, with T5 it's just easier to track the numbers.  I have an Excel spreadsheet with all the SM drawings in it, but it's a lot more work to track the numbers just by adding that 6th number. 

Last but not least, it's fun!!!  Playing all lottery games is fun, but I think it the thrill of the chase will be gone if I do win a JP.  Not that I wouldnt really enjoy having the bucks. If I won, I'd still play, but my expectation of winning a JP would be a lot lower than it is now, and right now, it aint all that high!!!

I AM obsessed with figuring out the correct SM numbers, I admit it, but not obsessed with spending lots of money that I can't afford on tickets like some people do.  I didn't get any MM last night because I am in a pool with 20 people, so I just like that ride, without purchasing any more tickets for myself.

I read something interesting, getting five winning numbers on MM is just about the same odds as winning SM JP (about 1 out of 3,900,000), but to win the million on MM, you have to shell out the extra buck.  One web-site said it's not worth shelling out a buck for MM if it's under 140 million, but if it's 140 million or over, then it's worth it to buy several tickets to try to win it.

I'm watching CNBC, new housing starts are down 22.5% in Feb., after being up 18% in Jan., it's the biggest decline since 1984, maybe because of bad weather, but building permits are way down also.  The fed is throwing so much borrowed money from China into the economy that it's driving commodity prices up, like oil, no wonder people don't want to buy new homes.  I have a friend who lives 90 miles away from me, so if I go and visit her, it would cost me about $53.00 in gas and tolls on the Tappan Zee, just to drive to NJ and back, I can stay home and buy more SM  tickets and just send her e-mail (lol).

I bet Thrifty's five bucks is owed to China.....

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
                        NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        12118 Posts
                        Posted: March 16, 2011, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

Thrify,

Does the five dollar bill mean you are only playing the $5.00 SM QP's now?

I want to be the next SM jackpot winner so bad....., so I'll keep trying.......

Yes, jacal5 I'm only playing $5 SM QP'S, BUT MOST OF THE TIME I SPREAD THE $5 AROUND THE DIFFERENT GAMES( $1 TAKE 5 QP, $1 SWEET MILLION QP, $1 NY LOTTO QP, $1 MEGA MILLIONS QP AND $1 POWERBALL QP), OR I might double my chances in two games by playing $2 quick pick on each and $1 quick pick on another.I JUST FOOL AROUND WITH THE $5.When you spread the $5 around different games, you are what they call a lottery dabbler because you are jumping from games to games without any focus on a particular game.

But it only takes one line to win a life changing jackpot and $1 quick pick might do it.When i do not want to spread the $5 around different games, i just pick a game and play $5 quick pick on it.One more thing i keep my budget at $5 per week. I MADE SOME CHANGES TO MY BLOG SITE TAKE A LOOK AT IT http://packalonji.blogspot.com/

LUCKY $5 DOLLAR BIL

United States
                          Member #94616
                          July 24, 2010
                          4735 Posts
                          Posted: March 20, 2011, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

Ok, so over the ENTIRE game the single digits have peformed the WORST, so question is will we start seeing MORE single digits hit?? 

Long Island, NY
                            United States
                            Member #57412
                            January 3, 2008
                            419 Posts
                            Posted: March 21, 2011, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Funny. I played my picks for 3/14/11 the very same day and the very same store(located in Wantagh NY) the winner came from.  I thought it was me when I read the location.  One of the most busy stores you will find. I buy QP's there every draw.

Ok.  For 3/21/11.  Usual strategy.

35-12-14-26-38-3

11-36-12-27-35-4

21-2-26-10-38-14

16-27-40-11-35-36

7-12-4-27-35-28

21-12-26-3-38-35

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3820 Posts
                              Posted: March 21, 2011, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Talk about STUPID!!!!

I went into a gas station on the way home from work today and got a SM QP for tonite, a MM QP for tomorow night, and a PB QP for Wednesday night. 

As I was walking out of the store it hit me!!!  I didnt ask for the Megaplier or the Power Play!!   DUH!!!!!

Page 28 of 35