Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's with NY Sweet Million??

Topic closed. 516 replies. Last post 5 years ago by kapla.

Page 33 of 35
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #94616
July 24, 2010
4735 Posts
Posted: July 2, 2011, 4:38 am - IP Logged

sweet million has a buy 5 dollar get 3 dollars free special for the month of july

Interesting... the NYLOTTERY web site shows this...

promo's for july---- So WHICH is it?? $ 2 free or $ 3 free?????  What?

United States
    Member #94616
    July 24, 2010
    4735 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2011, 10:40 am - IP Logged

HA!! they changed it to $3!!!

they must be monitoring this site Hiding Behind Computer

HAPPY 4th!!!

US Flag

United States
      Member #94616
      July 24, 2010
      4735 Posts
      Posted: July 5, 2011, 4:51 am - IP Logged

Unbelieveable!  I had the following

6 9 11 31 36 38 

3 thirtys come out - which I have-  and I only hit ONE of them 

United States
        Member #94616
        July 24, 2010
        4735 Posts
        Posted: July 14, 2011, 4:42 am - IP Logged

Anyone taking advantage of the PROMO for July???

United States
          Member #171
          April 7, 2002
          181 Posts
          Posted: July 15, 2011, 9:19 am - IP Logged

Mom wins $500 again on SM!!!! (3-14-20-25-29-34)

This morning  I wrote the SM numbers down and gave them to Mom...so she starts checking her SM tickets and says.."these can't be the right numbers that you wrote down" and she is screaming them out one by one..I thought she won the whole thing and I started having heart palpitations...but she didn't...she had five winning numbers out of six so she won $500.

She needed number 25 to win the million (the only number she missed) she had 15 instead ...and 25 is my birthday (she usually likes to play birthday numbers but this was a quick pick) so I said it figures that you lost the million on my birthday number (what a shame).

The funny thing was both times she won the $500 and missed the million by one number... number 29 was in her winning numbers both times...she was born in 1929...she plays that number a lot ..so I told her that number 29 brought her the luck again!

On Monday I did player picks on five lines and got the three free.  Three of my winning picks came out on the player pick line and the same three winning numbers came out on the three free so I won $6.00Now I am wondering if my player picks affected the free quick pick lines.
            Long Island, NY
            United States
            Member #70172
            January 25, 2009
            521 Posts
            Posted: July 15, 2011, 9:36 am - IP Logged

This morning  I wrote the SM numbers down and gave them to Mom...so she starts checking her SM tickets and says.."these can't be the right numbers that you wrote down" and she is screaming them out one by one..I thought she won the whole thing and I started having heart palpitations...but she didn't...she had five winning numbers out of six so she won $500.

She needed number 25 to win the million (the only number she missed) she had 15 instead ...and 25 is my birthday (she usually likes to play birthday numbers but this was a quick pick) so I said it figures that you lost the million on my birthday number (what a shame).

The funny thing was both times she won the $500 and missed the million by one number... number 29 was in her winning numbers both times...she was born in 1929...she plays that number a lot ..so I told her that number 29 brought her the luck again!

On Monday I did player picks on five lines and got the three free.  Three of my winning picks came out on the player pick line and the same three winning numbers came out on the three free so I won $6.00Now I am wondering if my player picks affected the free quick pick lines.

I hit 3/6 twice last night and missed 5/6 barely on both of those.  Grats to your mom.

United States
              Member #171
              April 7, 2002
              181 Posts
              Posted: July 15, 2011, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Sorry you missed 5/6...thanks for the grats to mom..I'll tell her...I think I'll let Mom buy my SM quick picks from now on (lol)!

United States
                Member #94616
                July 24, 2010
                4735 Posts
                Posted: July 15, 2011, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

COOL story luv to hear about winning.  She was one of the 35 that hit for $500 which isn't many BUT at least its alot more then it HAS been.  I have not been able to hit for nothing on SW lately.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                  NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3701 Posts
                  Posted: July 15, 2011, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

COOL story luv to hear about winning.  She was one of the 35 that hit for $500 which isn't many BUT at least its alot more then it HAS been.  I have not been able to hit for nothing on SW lately.

Kap, there were 35 $500 winners only because of the promo.  It'll go back down to below 20 as soon as the promo is over.

I havent even bothered with the promo.  I might buy it Monday, but I know I'll have to make it a point to play, or it wont happen.

I dont know why it bugs me that there are hardly any JP winners, but it does. I mean even if there were a lot of JP winners, if I'm not one of them, then what difference does it make if there's a lot of winners or none at all??  I'd supposedly feel better about playing SM because there are a lot of JP winners?? What sense does that make? The odds of winning a JP are the same if there are lots of winners, or no winners at all.  I'm as nuts as everybody else in this state.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
                    Member #94616
                    July 24, 2010
                    4735 Posts
                    Posted: July 16, 2011, 4:09 am - IP Logged

Kap, there were 35 $500 winners only because of the promo.  It'll go back down to below 20 as soon as the promo is over.

I havent even bothered with the promo.  I might buy it Monday, but I know I'll have to make it a point to play, or it wont happen.

I dont know why it bugs me that there are hardly any JP winners, but it does. I mean even if there were a lot of JP winners, if I'm not one of them, then what difference does it make if there's a lot of winners or none at all??  I'd supposedly feel better about playing SM because there are a lot of JP winners?? What sense does that make? The odds of winning a JP are the same if there are lots of winners, or no winners at all.  I'm as nuts as everybody else in this state.

I agree about the lack of JP Winners.  The promo helps but I don't see any JP winners yet.  Lets hope NYL feels the same way and is looking to really make the game take off.  I still say go to 2 tickets for $1 like Lotto!

United States
                      Member #171
                      April 7, 2002
                      181 Posts
                      Posted: July 16, 2011, 9:35 am - IP Logged

If Mom had five Power Ball or Mega Millions numbers with the multiplier instead of SM she would have won the million...the odds are the same for a five number win on MM and PB and a 6 number win on Sweet Million....but it costs an extra dollar to play the multiplier. 

GiveFive...you should play PB or MM with the multiplier instead of SM because there are ACTUAL winners of the second prize all the time...unlike the first prize on SM...but it will cost you double...but if you would be happy with only $250 grand for a five number win instead of the million you could just shell out a buck!

On Thursday I gained 65 grand...I refinanced my mortgage under Obama's HARP plan...went from a 30 yr at 5.25% to a 15 yr mortgage at 4.3%... savings from switching mortgages will be 65 grand over the lifetime of the new mortgage...but I am hoping to win a big lottery so I can prepay it ASAP (lol).

United States
                        Member #94616
                        July 24, 2010
                        4735 Posts
                        Posted: July 16, 2011, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

If Mom had five Power Ball or Mega Millions numbers with the multiplier instead of SM she would have won the million...the odds are the same for a five number win on MM and PB and a 6 number win on Sweet Million....but it costs an extra dollar to play the multiplier. 

GiveFive...you should play PB or MM with the multiplier instead of SM because there are ACTUAL winners of the second prize all the time...unlike the first prize on SM...but it will cost you double...but if you would be happy with only $250 grand for a five number win instead of the million you could just shell out a buck!

On Thursday I gained 65 grand...I refinanced my mortgage under Obama's HARP plan...went from a 30 yr at 5.25% to a 15 yr mortgage at 4.3%... savings from switching mortgages will be 65 grand over the lifetime of the new mortgage...but I am hoping to win a big lottery so I can prepay it ASAP (lol).

Wow you are one of the FEW people I have even heard of that program working for.  CONGRATS!

I am wondering if we will see a real estate BOOM in about 5-10 years from all the EQUITY eveyone has GAINED over the last couple of years.  For example someone buys a foreclosed home for cash for $50k puts $20k in it and in 5 years (when the market is back) sells it for $120-$150 - They doubled thier money. 

United States
                          Member #171
                          April 7, 2002
                          181 Posts
                          Posted: July 17, 2011, 8:47 am - IP Logged

Wow you are one of the FEW people I have even heard of that program working for.  CONGRATS!

I am wondering if we will see a real estate BOOM in about 5-10 years from all the EQUITY eveyone has GAINED over the last couple of years.  For example someone buys a foreclosed home for cash for $50k puts $20k in it and in 5 years (when the market is back) sells it for $120-$150 - They doubled thier money. 

I have to pay an additonal $200 a month for the 15 yr mortgage...but with the lowered interest rate and getting rid of 8 years of payments...going from 23 yrs (time remaining on the 30 yr.) to 15 yrs...the savings is about $65 grand (even with the closing costs  because the bank is returning 1% cash back each year for the life of the mortgage so that money will eventually pay for the closing costs I paid upfront)...most people don't want to pay an increased monthly payment...they want to get another 30 yr mortgage at lowered interest rates for a smaller monthly payment and they will be extended to the max again..(maybe this is why you are saying that the HARP plan isn't working for them)..the loan officer told me that if I make one additional $500 payment to the principle each year my new mortgage will be paid off in 10 years! 

I hope the RE market comes back (although in Westchester County the prices stay relatively stable because of close proximty to NYC) throughout the country...I heard that sales are picking up in Fl. Ca. and Vegas. Guess who is buying up these properties?  Foreigners...of course...they'll be the rich ones when the boom comes and we won't have any jobs....

I wanted to play 1929 straight and boxed yesterday (mom's lucky number) but both were sold out...I didn't realize that the boxed bets get sold out like the straight bets...so I am watching the drawing last night and 2194 comes out...I had to sweat out the last number because if it was 9 I wouldn't have been too happy about missing the 12 way box and $400 because I went to the store too late to get it...

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                            NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92609
                            June 10, 2010
                            3701 Posts
                            Posted: July 17, 2011, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

Jacal, I never play PB, without buying the Powerplay.  I've seen too many $200,000 second place PB winners. Not spending that extra buck for the Powerplay cost those winners $800,000. 

I disagree about the odds being the same as 1st place for SM.  They're not the same.  PB's odds are 2 million to 1  longer.  5.1 million to 1 for 2nd place PB, vs 3.1 to 1 for 1st place SM.  But hey, what's a couple million between friends????

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
                              Member #94616
                              July 24, 2010
                              4735 Posts
                              Posted: July 18, 2011, 5:28 am - IP Logged

I have to pay an additonal $200 a month for the 15 yr mortgage...but with the lowered interest rate and getting rid of 8 years of payments...going from 23 yrs (time remaining on the 30 yr.) to 15 yrs...the savings is about $65 grand (even with the closing costs  because the bank is returning 1% cash back each year for the life of the mortgage so that money will eventually pay for the closing costs I paid upfront)...most people don't want to pay an increased monthly payment...they want to get another 30 yr mortgage at lowered interest rates for a smaller monthly payment and they will be extended to the max again..(maybe this is why you are saying that the HARP plan isn't working for them)..the loan officer told me that if I make one additional $500 payment to the principle each year my new mortgage will be paid off in 10 years! 

I hope the RE market comes back (although in Westchester County the prices stay relatively stable because of close proximty to NYC) throughout the country...I heard that sales are picking up in Fl. Ca. and Vegas. Guess who is buying up these properties?  Foreigners...of course...they'll be the rich ones when the boom comes and we won't have any jobs....

I wanted to play 1929 straight and boxed yesterday (mom's lucky number) but both were sold out...I didn't realize that the boxed bets get sold out like the straight bets...so I am watching the drawing last night and 2194 comes out...I had to sweat out the last number because if it was 9 I wouldn't have been too happy about missing the 12 way box and $400 because I went to the store too late to get it...

Great strategy to pay it off early.  Easy way to pay the $500 extra a year is just pay $42 a month extra. 

Page 33 of 35