Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why Do Mathematicians Consider The Lottery Random

Topic closed. 261 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Boney526.

Page 16 of 18
PrintE-mailLink
Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
New Jersey
United States
Member #99032
October 18, 2010
1439 Posts
Posted: August 31, 2011, 12:28 am - IP Logged

Who said anything about American banks dealing with canadian banks? The money goes straight from that place that has a coin name in it, which obviously they're untouchable by the U.S. because my friend was wiring money to the Canadian bank well after April. Like you said, some of the bigger offshore places like the one mentioned above found ways around it. It goes directly to the Canadian bank.

He'd still be breaking US Tax Law because gambling winnings by a US citizen is considered Income.

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: August 31, 2011, 12:58 am - IP Logged

He'd still be breaking US Tax Law because gambling winnings by a US citizen is considered Income.

You must be a child prodigy.

Do me a favor and go practice your skateboard jumps on hand rails at the local library. Worry about how to pop your pimples first, then in about 20 years come to me and we'll talk. 

I know you think you know a lot, but you ears are greener than kermit on a bad day at a Green day concert.

Don't take this personally, you'll understand what i'm talking about, hopefully, in about 20 years or so.

New Jersey
      United States
      Member #99032
      October 18, 2010
      1439 Posts
      Posted: August 31, 2011, 1:04 am - IP Logged

You must be a child prodigy.

Do me a favor and go practice your skateboard jumps on hand rails at the local library. Worry about how to pop your pimples first, then in about 20 years come to me and we'll talk. 

I know you think you know a lot, but you ears are greener than kermit on a bad day at a Green day concert.

Don't take this personally, you'll understand what i'm talking about, hopefully, in about 20 years or so.

You must be a very unhappy lonely man to have to sit their and make fun of my age every chance you get, ignoring the fact.

Do me a favor and go get a life.

Don't take this personally, but in 20 years when you're lonely and old(er) I hope you'll realize "Hey maybe I shouldn't have been such an ignorant d***head"

Actually you didn't even respond to what I said but that's OK.  I hope the IRS doesn't give your friend a hard time, but gambling winnings are considered income NO MATTER WHERE THEIR ORIGIN, if you are a US Citizen, and you've got an obligation to report it in your taxes.

But your ignorant and I'm 19 - so regardless of what the actual law says, you'll assume I'm wrong because you've lived longer.

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: August 31, 2011, 1:15 am - IP Logged

You must be a very unhappy lonely man to have to sit their and make fun of my age every chance you get, ignoring the fact.

Do me a favor and go get a life.

Don't take this personally, but in 20 years when you're lonely and old(er) I hope you'll realize "Hey maybe I shouldn't have been such an ignorant d***head"

Actually you didn't even respond to what I said but that's OK.  I hope the IRS doesn't give your friend a hard time, but gambling winnings are considered income NO MATTER WHERE THEIR ORIGIN, if you are a US Citizen, and you've got an obligation to report it in your taxes.

But your ignorant and I'm 19 - so regardless of what the actual law says, you'll assume I'm wrong because you've lived longer.

Young and inexperienced know it alls like you have crossed my path dozens of times in the past 25 years, and you're not an exception. I'm not going to waste time explaining all the idiosyncracies of what i mean cause it would take me 5 hours, possibly more, and even then you'd never get it because of your unfounded enthusiasm that's blinding you.

I'm not making fun of your age. You're simply green. Nothing to be embarrassed by. It's life....

In about 20 years you'll see the big picture and then think about what i wrote here.

You may be aware of when and where to cross your T's and dot your I's, but there will be a time when you'll be able to read between the lines.

Trust me when I say this to you. I crap bigger than you.

New Jersey
          United States
          Member #99032
          October 18, 2010
          1439 Posts
          Posted: August 31, 2011, 9:26 am - IP Logged

Young and inexperienced know it alls like you have crossed my path dozens of times in the past 25 years, and you're not an exception. I'm not going to waste time explaining all the idiosyncracies of what i mean cause it would take me 5 hours, possibly more, and even then you'd never get it because of your unfounded enthusiasm that's blinding you.

I'm not making fun of your age. You're simply green. Nothing to be embarrassed by. It's life....

In about 20 years you'll see the big picture and then think about what i wrote here.

You may be aware of when and where to cross your T's and dot your I's, but there will be a time when you'll be able to read between the lines.

LMFAO.

Ok buddy.

They just changed the US' Tax Law JUST FOR YOU AND YOUR FRIEND.

I realized something about you.

You're a liberal - which explains your inability to understand math, and money.  And you're an aethiest, which explains why you're a complete ass.

paurths's avatar - underground
            Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
            Belgium
            Member #19287
            July 29, 2005
            2254 Posts
            Posted: August 31, 2011, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

LMFAO.

Ok buddy.

You're a liberal - which explains your inability to understand math, and money.  And you're an aethiest, which explains why you're a complete ass.

What is an aethiest?

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              51178 Posts
              Posted: August 31, 2011, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

What is an aethiest?

Atheist: Doesn't believe in the existence of God or a Supreme Being.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                51178 Posts
                Posted: August 31, 2011, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

It's better to be an authoritarian than an anarchist!

No matter how high or how wide: Your craps still stinks!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: August 31, 2011, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

It's better to be an authoritarian than an anarchist!

No matter how high or how wide: Your craps still stinks!

Who's an Authoritarian? Show me please....

Don't you have a thread to post a Thudin?

United States
                    Member #75358
                    June 1, 2009
                    5345 Posts
                    Posted: August 31, 2011, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

LMFAO.

Ok buddy.

Oh, now you know me better than I do? That's a real good one. I'm not a lib, or anything else, so get you facts straight. I understand math where it counts, not some useless simulation. Stick that simulation up your ass and see what it shows. Let me see, you're 19, a math genius, a history professor, a Tax lawyer, Able to read minds, and 300 other skills yet to be determined in which ever the wind blows.

And you're wrong again you pimple faced kiddo, I'm an Agnostic. You're slacking in your ESP abilities tsk tsk. So because i don't believe in fairytales dreamed up by old ignorant men thousands of years ago, who by the way plagiarised just about everything in the Bible, (I'm surprised you never knew that Mr. know-it-all) makes me a complete ass? Maybe you should reassess what you wrote. I think you're a brainwashed idiot for believing what someone writes in an old relic. Another brainwashed loser. You believe in the tooth fairy too?....Maybe Santa is more to your liking.....Crazy....

New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #99032
                      October 18, 2010
                      1439 Posts
                      Posted: August 31, 2011, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

No, see, I actually said that I have a BASIC understanding of statistics - I don't even know calculus, because I never wanted to take it, I've contiunously said that I have a BASIC understanding of statistics.  But since you think the opposite of everything I say is true, you tratnslated that to "math genius".

I studied History for the past 6 years, along with politics.  So yes, I think I have a clue - and as a taxpayer, I have the sense to look up laws that could be applicable to me, especially when it comes to taxes.  I don't know why you keep saying I have ESP, but what makes you an ass isn't actually that you're an aetheist (or agnostic) it's your disrespect for other people's beliefs and other people's opinions.  I'm far from religious, but I don't sit around telling people that "the bible is a fairytale" because that's just rude and immature.  You can keep telling me that I'll agree with everything you say in 20 years - but that just shows how you act like a child.  Grow up - act your own age.  People your age don't sit there and talk smalk about other people's religious beliefs.

In fact I wasn't even born a Christian - I'm actually agnostic, because there's no possible way I could know what would happen after death.  That's not relevant, what's relevant is the fact that I don't go around calling people "brainwashed idiots" for following a religion because if I did THEN I'D BE AN ASS.

And yeah, your a liberal.  Only liberals are so disrespectful or religion.  Not all, but certainly a liberal act.  Only a liberal would sit there and call Iraq illegal, and follow that by "Bush mislead Congress."  Even if he did, you should get your facts straight about Bush and see him for what he is, a person who had strong beliefs - because Huessein mislead intellegence reports to believe he had WMDs, in order to trick the Iranians.  He admitted this himself.  I don't agree with Bush' action, but at least I've bothered to read history instead of the Media's BSed version of it. Congress authorized it, and then call me misinformed and go nuts about how I'm 19 when I mentioned the Obama administration's little adventures in the Middle East - the Wars that are illegal because CONGRESS WASN'T ASKED.

Clearly - you're a liberal.

"Stick that simulation up your ass and see what it shows. Let me see, you're 19,"

Sounds like something a child would say, and you're going to follow it up with, "Let me see you're 19"

But if I told you you mentioned my age later you'd be like "no I didn't you ESP mathamathamath GURU genius childboy whos really stupid and young I've lived so much longer than you your stupid shove a simulation in your ass"

The fact is, I've never done ANY simulation on anything.  I don't need to, because PLENTY OF OTHER PEOPLE HAVE.  That wasn't the issue here.  The fact is it was never about that.  It was about the fact that every spin has the same edge against you, so obviously you don't know understand math where it counts, because you've cotinuosly discounted this point.  That's fine with me, if you get lucky you'll win and you won't pay taxes seeing as how you think EVERYTHING I SAY IS WRONG and you'll have fun with the IRS when your lonely and old.  Or you'll lose all your money, because you couldn't figure out that there's a House Edge no matter what you do.  I tried to tell you, but you'll ignore me, have fun with your gambling problem.

Have fun with the IRS you disrespectul lonely ass.  Anybody who can really just talk about pimples all day must REALLY hate getting old and lonely.

Hey - maybe when your old the IRS will keep you company, seeing as how you'll ignore the tax laws that I mentioned and you'll find a system that will make you MILLIONS.

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: August 31, 2011, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

No, see, I actually said that I have a BASIC understanding of statistics - I don't even know calculus, because I never wanted to take it, I've contiunously said that I have a BASIC understanding of statistics.  But since you think the opposite of everything I say is true, you tratnslated that to "math genius".

I studied History for the past 6 years, along with politics.  So yes, I think I have a clue - and as a taxpayer, I have the sense to look up laws that could be applicable to me, especially when it comes to taxes.  I don't know why you keep saying I have ESP, but what makes you an ass isn't actually that you're an aetheist (or agnostic) it's your disrespect for other people's beliefs and other people's opinions.  I'm far from religious, but I don't sit around telling people that "the bible is a fairytale" because that's just rude and immature.  You can keep telling me that I'll agree with everything you say in 20 years - but that just shows how you act like a child.  Grow up - act your own age.  People your age don't sit there and talk smalk about other people's religious beliefs.

In fact I wasn't even born a Christian - I'm actually agnostic, because there's no possible way I could know what would happen after death.  That's not relevant, what's relevant is the fact that I don't go around calling people "brainwashed idiots" for following a religion because if I did THEN I'D BE AN ASS.

And yeah, your a liberal.  Only liberals are so disrespectful or religion.  Not all, but certainly a liberal act.  Only a liberal would sit there and call Iraq illegal, and follow that by "Bush mislead Congress."  Even if he did, you should get your facts straight about Bush and see him for what he is, a person who had strong beliefs - because Huessein mislead intellegence reports to believe he had WMDs, in order to trick the Iranians.  He admitted this himself.  I don't agree with Bush' action, but at least I've bothered to read history instead of the Media's BSed version of it. Congress authorized it, and then call me misinformed and go nuts about how I'm 19 when I mentioned the Obama administration's little adventures in the Middle East - the Wars that are illegal because CONGRESS WASN'T ASKED.

Clearly - you're a liberal.

"Stick that simulation up your ass and see what it shows. Let me see, you're 19,"

Sounds like something a child would say, and you're going to follow it up with, "Let me see you're 19"

But if I told you you mentioned my age later you'd be like "no I didn't you ESP mathamathamath GURU genius childboy whos really stupid and young I've lived so much longer than you your stupid shove a simulation in your ass"

The fact is, I've never done ANY simulation on anything.  I don't need to, because PLENTY OF OTHER PEOPLE HAVE.  That wasn't the issue here.  The fact is it was never about that.  It was about the fact that every spin has the same edge against you, so obviously you don't know understand math where it counts, because you've cotinuosly discounted this point.  That's fine with me, if you get lucky you'll win and you won't pay taxes seeing as how you think EVERYTHING I SAY IS WRONG and you'll have fun with the IRS when your lonely and old.  Or you'll lose all your money, because you couldn't figure out that there's a House Edge no matter what you do.  I tried to tell you, but you'll ignore me, have fun with your gambling problem.

Have fun with the IRS you disrespectul lonely ass.  Anybody who can really just talk about pimples all day must REALLY hate getting old and lonely.

Hey - maybe when your old the IRS will keep you company, seeing as how you'll ignore the tax laws that I mentioned and you'll find a system that will make you MILLIONS.

Wow, you are more clueless than I originally thought. So sad....and you're a Bush lover. Well, if you really did your history, you should've known that his grandpa, Prescott Bush partially funded the Nazi war machine through the banking industry, and that's how your lovely Bush family started their wealth. But I know you already knew that and were just testing me right? Puke

Well, atleast you don't believe in silly fairytales and goblins. That's a start...good for you, you actually do have some sensibility. But you have a long long way to go buddy.....A long long way....Thud

New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #99032
                          October 18, 2010
                          1439 Posts
                          Posted: August 31, 2011, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

I actually hated Bush's policies.

But that doesn't mean I won't call out a giant lie about him.  I have heard of the Prescott Bush thing - but I don't know the specifics of it.  I think I saw you mention it somewhere - hadn't heard it elsewhere.

It's funny that you, Mr. House Edge doesn't exist as long as I wait out 10 spins and wait for certain conditions wants to talk about sensibility.

New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #99032
                            October 18, 2010
                            1439 Posts
                            Posted: August 31, 2011, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

It's so ironic that you think that religous books are "Fairy Tales" and you'd have to be nuts to believe them, yet you believe that somehow roulette and lottery balls have some sort of interference from their past results to influence the current ones.

Do you see how that's just crazy?

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5345 Posts
                              Posted: August 31, 2011, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

It's so ironic that you think that religous books are "Fairy Tales" and you'd have to be nuts to believe them, yet you believe that somehow roulette and lottery balls have some sort of interference from their past results to influence the current ones.

Do you see how that's just crazy?

I guess you don't believe in patterns despite thousands of examples not just in the lottery but nature itself. Of course the balls don't remember the past, and I get so tired of reading the same old tired cliches, but the balls don't have to remember anything. They leave paper trails so to speak.

Look, I'm not gonna argue with you about patterns, believe what you want. I really don't give a rat's ass.

Page 16 of 18