Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 97 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
LA CA
United States
Member #118691
November 6, 2011
416 Posts
Posted: April 1, 2014, 1:04 am - IP Logged

Got 4 $10 Diamonds (000 - 003) and won $20  one of them...

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
    Los Angeles, California
    United States
    Member #103813
    January 5, 2011
    1530 Posts
    Posted: April 1, 2014, 11:17 am - IP Logged

got 10 $20 not scratched yet, got 2 $5 meant to get frenzy but got 2 cash up in error, won $40, pocketed $30 grabbed 2 frenzy, 1 loser, 1 $10, got last 2 frenzy in the roll, 1 loser, other won $500 :)

Nice catch there on end of roll winner! Cheers

Was that last ticket? In order 079 or loaded backwards 000?

Orange County,CA
      United States
      Member #153515
      March 18, 2014
      8 Posts
      Posted: April 1, 2014, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

sorry not sure, got handfull of used tickets from liquor stores that saves for me, 3 were winner lol, 2 frenzy 1 ticket, 1 $10, other lucky stars $3, but all my 8 frenzy purchases today losers. I've bought lets say ALOT of the $20 and never once had a $500 and its better odds than frenzy

Pasadena, CA
        United States
        Member #153326
        March 13, 2014
        186 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2014, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

sorry not sure, got handfull of used tickets from liquor stores that saves for me, 3 were winner lol, 2 frenzy 1 ticket, 1 $10, other lucky stars $3, but all my 8 frenzy purchases today losers. I've bought lets say ALOT of the $20 and never once had a $500 and its better odds than frenzy

The Frenzy has far better odds of winning the $500. 1 in 686 versus 1 in 480 for the $20 ticket, and obviously, the $20 ticket is four times as much. You multiply 480 by 4--1,920--and 1 in 1,920 would be the odds of that prize on a $5 ticket. Four tickets of the Frenzy would equal roughly a 1 in 171 chance to win the prize, were you to spend $20.

In any event, both tickets blow chunks.

LA CA
          United States
          Member #118691
          November 6, 2011
          416 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2014, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Got 3 $10 CA Blacks and lost all ..

United States
            Member #124814
            March 20, 2012
            219 Posts
            Posted: April 2, 2014, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Welp, first time I ever bought a scratcher and I lost. $10 black exclusive. That was hard to swallow. I think that's the last time I buy one. I'm sticking to draw games LOL.

California
              United States
              Member #147209
              September 25, 2013
              90 Posts
              Posted: April 2, 2014, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Interesting story on a VA couple that won the lottery 3 times in 2 weeks.  They had won $1 million on Powerball, $1 million on a Scratcher and I think $50k somewhere else.

It's crazy though when you look at a lot of the winners.  They look like they just crawled out from desolation, are 150 years old or just look like they shouldn't be playing their last $20 on a Scratcher.  It gives support to that theory that the lottery is a tax on the poor because that demographic seems to be playing it.  In a way though, it makes sense because a lot of people in dire straits are looking for that one break in life.

I can't remember the last winner I saw who came from an affluent community or was quoted as saying "This is great, I just bought a yacht and this will help with the payments."  It's always something like "Now I can pay my bills."

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #149492
                December 2, 2013
                919 Posts
                Posted: April 2, 2014, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Interesting story on a VA couple that won the lottery 3 times in 2 weeks.  They had won $1 million on Powerball, $1 million on a Scratcher and I think $50k somewhere else.

It's crazy though when you look at a lot of the winners.  They look like they just crawled out from desolation, are 150 years old or just look like they shouldn't be playing their last $20 on a Scratcher.  It gives support to that theory that the lottery is a tax on the poor because that demographic seems to be playing it.  In a way though, it makes sense because a lot of people in dire straits are looking for that one break in life.

I can't remember the last winner I saw who came from an affluent community or was quoted as saying "This is great, I just bought a yacht and this will help with the payments."  It's always something like "Now I can pay my bills."

That $50K was a pick 4 win.  He put $10 on one combination and hit a straight for $5,000 each! 

It's rare but it does happen.  A Canadian millionaire won their jackpot lottery and donated all the winnings to charity (don't quote me but I think it was in the neighborhood of $40 million).  I haven't heard anything of the sort in California yet.  We do have the potential of that happening with all the billionaires living in the state though I have no clue if any of them play the lottery for the "heck of it" when jackpots exceed a certain threshold.

Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #103813
                  January 5, 2011
                  1530 Posts
                  Posted: April 2, 2014, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

That $50K was a pick 4 win.  He put $10 on one combination and hit a straight for $5,000 each! 

It's rare but it does happen.  A Canadian millionaire won their jackpot lottery and donated all the winnings to charity (don't quote me but I think it was in the neighborhood of $40 million).  I haven't heard anything of the sort in California yet.  We do have the potential of that happening with all the billionaires living in the state though I have no clue if any of them play the lottery for the "heck of it" when jackpots exceed a certain threshold.

That recent Cali PB JP winner was probably doing OK:

"Buxton is a retired "well-educated professional" in his late 50s"

Retired in his 50s,(who knows how long he's been retired) highly educated, lives in the Bay area. You can figure out the rest...

Probably hid his face and said he's giving a bunch to charity to throw off the H8R's.

Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #103813
                    January 5, 2011
                    1530 Posts
                    Posted: April 2, 2014, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

"got handfull of used tickets from liquor stores that saves for me, 3 were winner lol"

That's pretty good you found a store where the clerk saves "used" (played/discarded?) tickets for you, and you found 3 winners among them. Many other places, clerks rummage through the throwaways checking for discarded winners themselves.

United States
                      Member #151188
                      January 9, 2014
                      10 Posts
                      Posted: April 3, 2014, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Got 2 Ca Black and 4 Frenzy, all lost Mad

LA CA
                        United States
                        Member #118691
                        November 6, 2011
                        416 Posts
                        Posted: April 4, 2014, 2:34 am - IP Logged

Got a black and my wallet turned red.

California
                          United States
                          Member #147209
                          September 25, 2013
                          90 Posts
                          Posted: April 4, 2014, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

I'm on that stupid road right now where I buy 2 and win $20 total, turn in and then get $20 somewhere else.  I have literally spent $100 this week and got $100 back.  Today I got a Diamond Millionaire and for the 2nd day it had 5 $2 spots for a whopping $10 win. 

I guess it's better than losing $100 but it's a lot of work to just come back to center.  So far this year, I am about $700 in the profit center.  I look at it like gambling with House Money in Vegas.

CA
                            United States
                            Member #141455
                            April 14, 2013
                            182 Posts
                            Posted: April 4, 2014, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

so far ...

4 frenzies ...

all losers ...

(bought from different locales)

$20 - 5 Million Jackpot $100 (#23) $50 (#29)
                            $10 - Cali Gold $500 (#45) // Lucky for Life $50 // Diamond Million $50 (#18) // 20X Crosswords $100 (#32,#24,#14) $75 (#13)
                            $05 - Lucky for Life $40 // Fortune 55 $50 // WinItAll $500 // MegaXWord $100
                            $03 - 10x The Money $100 (#63) $50 (#58) || $02 - Season's Gold $100

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                              Los Angeles, California
                              United States
                              Member #149492
                              December 2, 2013
                              919 Posts
                              Posted: April 5, 2014, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

How's the $500 Frenzy doing in your area?  I bought two and both were duds. 

At a couple of San Gabriel Valley stores I frequent, it looks like sales have slowed quite a bit.  The one store has around 100 active rolls at a time, but they only sell one roll of Frenzy.  If you don't win early, it's a hard game to continue to throw money at.

Page 97 of 182