Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 98 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
Los Angeles, California
United States
Member #103813
January 5, 2011
1530 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2014, 10:47 am - IP Logged

How's the $500 Frenzy doing in your area?  I bought two and both were duds. 

At a couple of San Gabriel Valley stores I frequent, it looks like sales have slowed quite a bit.  The one store has around 100 active rolls at a time, but they only sell one roll of Frenzy.  If you don't win early, it's a hard game to continue to throw money at.

I only bought a few so far.(only won $10 and tkt) I don't really understand the draw of a $500 top prize on a $5 game.

But unfortunately, I guess they did their market research on this one, as there appears to be a selling frenzy. People are buying into it like crazy. Sales are way higher than other comparable games, around 170,000-180,000 tickets a day and peaking around 190,000. Other $5,$10,$20 games settle in around 100,000-120,000 tickets per day before slowly declining to a trickle.

green sandals's avatar - bxvg
    Costa Mesa
    United States
    Member #150634
    December 27, 2013
    157 Posts
    Posted: April 6, 2014, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Been buying into Bonus CW last few wks with abysmal results so far.  Have gotten to the point where I can just look at the letters without  playing them & still determine whether I'll win or lose.

Just look @ the vowels.  If you have 3 or less, forget about it. 4 & your chances of winning are greater than 50%.  Never seen all 5 vowels, but if you get that, you'll most likely be happy for awhile.

United States
      Member #147165
      September 24, 2013
      507 Posts
      Posted: April 6, 2014, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Been buying into Bonus CW last few wks with abysmal results so far.  Have gotten to the point where I can just look at the letters without  playing them & still determine whether I'll win or lose.

Just look @ the vowels.  If you have 3 or less, forget about it. 4 & your chances of winning are greater than 50%.  Never seen all 5 vowels, but if you get that, you'll most likely be happy for awhile.

Been playing seldomly due to budget constraints, so far I bought 4 of these so far (2 purchases of 2 tickets each). Won ticket and $20, and the other 2 are losers.

In addition to your observations with the vowels, learning from Wheel of Fortune, the most used alphabets are R S T L N E. I look for those letters as well on top of the vowels, as well as, C and D. If there is a majority of those letters, it is more than likely a $50+ winner. I am not an avid Xword player, but I could determine winners/losers the quicker than most people.

With Crosswords, definitely punch them into Replay as the final confirmation.

I will probably play more this week with this bonus draw being availble. One of the top prizes already well last Friday.

Costa Mesa
        United States
        Member #150634
        December 27, 2013
        157 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2014, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Been playing seldomly due to budget constraints, so far I bought 4 of these so far (2 purchases of 2 tickets each). Won ticket and $20, and the other 2 are losers.

In addition to your observations with the vowels, learning from Wheel of Fortune, the most used alphabets are R S T L N E. I look for those letters as well on top of the vowels, as well as, C and D. If there is a majority of those letters, it is more than likely a $50+ winner. I am not an avid Xword player, but I could determine winners/losers the quicker than most people.

I will probably play more this week with this bonus draw being availble. One of the top prizes already well last Friday.

Saw that 1st GP in Bonus CW got claimed the other day.  Last CB Exclusive GP got claimed in Tustin the other wk.  Looks like slim pickings for OC right now if you're looking for a big prize w new games.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #149492
          December 2, 2013
          919 Posts
          Posted: April 6, 2014, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

I don't know the strategy behind this one, but there's a person at the store I mentioned above that plays various crossword games and leaves two letters uncovered and doesn't scan them through the self-checker before he tosses them in the loser bin.  I've never met this fellow but when I see his trademark scratch patterns, I pick them up and take them home.  He's pretty accurate, but he's left behind lower tier winners because of missed words due to those uncovered letters.

I've bought two Bonus Crosswords, single tickets from two stores... free ticket and loser.

Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #149492
            December 2, 2013
            919 Posts
            Posted: April 6, 2014, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

I only bought a few so far.(only won $10 and tkt) I don't really understand the draw of a $500 top prize on a $5 game.

But unfortunately, I guess they did their market research on this one, as there appears to be a selling frenzy. People are buying into it like crazy. Sales are way higher than other comparable games, around 170,000-180,000 tickets a day and peaking around 190,000. Other $5,$10,$20 games settle in around 100,000-120,000 tickets per day before slowly declining to a trickle.

I'm impressed with all the data and statistics you have with our lottery.  Thumbs Up

United States
              Member #152660
              February 21, 2014
              19 Posts
              Posted: April 6, 2014, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

Hope you guys are having a good week!

Throughout this week I bought a bunch of tickets.. Sadly here are my results :(

at one donut store bought a CA black (#001) loser

the following tickets are from the same place in the same day:

CA black (008) loser

5 Million Jackpot (010-017) #13 was a break even and #17 was a $50 win. FML! Rest losers

lucky stars 3 dollar ticket (008) loser

AND now for 21 consecutive $500 frenzies i bought.. (#015-#035) 

#17 was a 15 dollar winner, 31 was a 20 dollar winner, 32 was a 15 dollar winner, rest losers

That's right guys.. 13 consecutive losing tickets...

GOnna go try my luck at the BJ/Bacaratt tables at morongo tonight.

Have a good week you guys!

coolac5's avatar - 1 Million-Fortune_event_page.jpg
                Oakland, CA
                United States
                Member #138260
                January 23, 2013
                42 Posts
                Posted: April 6, 2014, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

Got a Bonus Crossword today and scratched off all five vowels. Ended up winning 0. I got the dreaded X and Q, which is ultimately what ended up doing me in. My heart definitely started pounding when I scratched off the fifth vowel @  letter #12.

But, that's why I play, for that rush.  Best advice I can give all regarding the crosswords is always check replay before tossing your tickets. Best way to ensure your not throwing away a winner!!

Costa Mesa
                  United States
                  Member #150634
                  December 27, 2013
                  157 Posts
                  Posted: April 6, 2014, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

Got a Bonus Crossword today and scratched off all five vowels. Ended up winning 0. I got the dreaded X and Q, which is ultimately what ended up doing me in. My heart definitely started pounding when I scratched off the fifth vowel @  letter #12.

But, that's why I play, for that rush.  Best advice I can give all regarding the crosswords is always check replay before tossing your tickets. Best way to ensure your not throwing away a winner!!

a,e,i,o,u and not a winner. Wow, news to me. 

Best way to insure you're not throwing away a winner is to enter them in 2nd chance on CAlottery website.

United States
                    Member #147165
                    September 24, 2013
                    507 Posts
                    Posted: April 7, 2014, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

a,e,i,o,u and not a winner. Wow, news to me. 

Best way to insure you're not throwing away a winner is to enter them in 2nd chance on CAlottery website.

The 5x Crossword $3 game has every vowel on every game I recall in the past, I have not played the latest iterations. So vowels may provide no guarantees.

For the Mega Crossword and Bonus Crossword games, I have observed the valuable vowels are E then A and I. O's and U's are lesser ones. Definitely R S T are the most common constanants then followed by the L N C D that I mentioned in the last post.

Despite all this, for Xwords I just like to scan the ticket or enter in the code on replay to save time.

United States
                      Member #147165
                      September 24, 2013
                      507 Posts
                      Posted: April 8, 2014, 12:23 am - IP Logged

I picked up four of those Bonus Crosswords #19 - 22: 0, Ticket, Ticket, 0

I do not like these excessive ticket prizes, its 1 in 6. $20 is 1 in 13.

Story of the top prize winner is posted on the website

http://www.calottery.com/win/winner%20stories/michelle-de%20la%20cruz

Another orange county scratcher winner. Most of the big jackpot draws are in the Bay area.

Los Angeles, California
                        United States
                        Member #149492
                        December 2, 2013
                        919 Posts
                        Posted: April 8, 2014, 12:44 am - IP Logged

I picked up four of those Bonus Crosswords #19 - 22: 0, Ticket, Ticket, 0

I do not like these excessive ticket prizes, its 1 in 6. $20 is 1 in 13.

Story of the top prize winner is posted on the website

http://www.calottery.com/win/winner%20stories/michelle-de%20la%20cruz

Another orange county scratcher winner. Most of the big jackpot draws are in the Bay area.

I like Fountain Valley.  Last time I golfed at Mile Square couple months ago, I randomly stopped by a 7-11 on Warner and Bushard (I think caddy-corner to the store in the story) and won my first Daily 3 prize... not big by any means but my first one.  There was also a nice breakfast cafe in the same strip mall.

California
                          United States
                          Member #147209
                          September 25, 2013
                          90 Posts
                          Posted: April 8, 2014, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

I like Fountain Valley.  Last time I golfed at Mile Square couple months ago, I randomly stopped by a 7-11 on Warner and Bushard (I think caddy-corner to the store in the story) and won my first Daily 3 prize... not big by any means but my first one.  There was also a nice breakfast cafe in the same strip mall.

I have been to that Mini Mart several times to buy scratchers.  No reason to go back now since they will more than likely never have a major winner there again.

Los Angeles, California
                            United States
                            Member #149492
                            December 2, 2013
                            919 Posts
                            Posted: April 8, 2014, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

I have been to that Mini Mart several times to buy scratchers.  No reason to go back now since they will more than likely never have a major winner there again.

You bring up a good point that I hadn't considered.  I wonder with Scratchers, if a store sells a $10 or $20 top prize if more people stop buying tickets there for that very reason.  It's usually the opposite for jackpot draw games after big wins.

Bay Area, California
                              United States
                              Member #154225
                              April 8, 2014
                              49 Posts
                              Posted: April 8, 2014, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Got 3 $10 CA Blacks and lost all ..

New member here... I'm on a losing streak with California Black as well. So far very poor return, I'm considering just taking my losses on this game and giving up. I have 22 losers in my collection and I'm not enjoying playing anymore. The most I have won on Black is $100 once and a few $50s.

Page 98 of 182