Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5250 replies. Last post 6 hours ago by MrGray.

Page 260 of 351
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #175371
June 13, 2016
203 Posts
Posted: July 12, 2016, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

I bought 3-$5 tickets out of the machine .... never dreamed the WoF ticket would be the winner  ... I was thinking the Super 7's or Winning Streak might .. just played the row (-crossword) that every one does

Florida
    United States
    Member #171925
    January 13, 2016
    316 Posts
    Posted: July 12, 2016, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

If anyone is bored, the page for the "Fast $100" $2 game coming out on August 9th is showing. Again, not sure that these odds are final and correct (as we saw with the $20 Monopoly which was off some). But - Fast $100

There's a $1, two $2s, a $3, and a $5 set for that date. The $5 is called "Maximum Money" which I'm sure will be mocked as the name defies the results.

United States
      Member #175371
      June 13, 2016
      203 Posts
      Posted: July 12, 2016, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

If anyone is bored, the page for the "Fast $100" $2 game coming out on August 9th is showing. Again, not sure that these odds are final and correct (as we saw with the $20 Monopoly which was off some). But - Fast $100

There's a $1, two $2s, a $3, and a $5 set for that date. The $5 is called "Maximum Money" which I'm sure will be mocked as the name defies the results.

I'm not liking these new games every month ... Publix never keeps the older games (except $25/$20) ... they double up in the machines 2-$1's 2-$2's 2-$5's 2-$10's 2-$20's no room for anything else ($1's $2's)

the reason so many games have 50% of wins left small stores = fewer sales = less wins

Florida
        United States
        Member #167757
        July 29, 2015
        356 Posts
        Posted: July 12, 2016, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Man, half the clerks at the stations I go to already ask "You got big money?" when I bring a ticket or two in. Now they'll have "Maximum Money" to insert with a chuckle.

Orlando
          United States
          Member #174944
          May 20, 2016
          16 Posts
          Posted: July 12, 2016, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

I feel your pain Dracos, but...Ramen noodles aren't that bad!!! When I hit it big, I'll undoubtedly live off of filet mignon and ramen (ALBEIT not together).

Definitely respect the mandatory curtail. No cash, all card has helped me when my natural sense could not.

I'm about ready for a sabbatical myself.  Down several grand too over the past 6 months...biggest win was $100 on $5 WOF. Not so much the overall loss that pains me but the many instances of roll chasing to find myself utterly screwed. Playing $20 tickets and dud after dud just to get back a mere $20 or $40 on 8th successive ticket. That makes the habit/thrill/ream awfully hard to justify.

I spent about $250 this weekend on mainly $5-250k cashfalll, $5 monopoly and mostly $20 monopoly tickets. Got back about $180...could've been worse but not a single ticket with payout more then  double its face value. I entered the losing Mono Tix in 2nd chance. Maybe will have something there...don't know.

Anyone have experience with 2nd chance drawings?

I'm not giving up yet, just being cautious...maybe I need to branch out and purchase tickets at different establishments or limit myself to one a day (then again, I know me better). I know so far, I've been hugely disappointed with eh last 3 new tickets the State has put out there, particularly Winning Streak and Monopoly. 

This chase/game hurts so bad but feels so good!!!!! Evil Smile

Orlando
            United States
            Member #174944
            May 20, 2016
            16 Posts
            Posted: July 12, 2016, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

I agree. My publix has only brand new games or Flamingo denominations....lately they've been hit or miss on even the new tickets. Just barren tills.

Orlando
              United States
              Member #174944
              May 20, 2016
              16 Posts
              Posted: July 12, 2016, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Those are ridiculous odds...hopefully pliable as release date rears

Tampa
                United States
                Member #174542
                April 28, 2016
                6 Posts
                Posted: July 12, 2016, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Shety  Lotto 

what up folk's

there was just about  a full deck of 10 dollar holiday  down  at the corner store   yesterday  ,    I went in today it was gone   and     there was nothing   there in its place,       so much for integrity.

Perhaps one of the  kings ransom    jackpots  was    in that   other store   down  the  street   that caught on fire  .  who knows ,   I do know this  if it was down there   Im sure they wont reprint and put it back out  in circulation.

Cape Coral
                  United States
                  Member #173988
                  March 28, 2016
                  213 Posts
                  Posted: July 12, 2016, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

Let me ask you all a question....   It was brought to my attention tonight that my brother that is 32 and my mother, are "expecting" quite a bit of money from my winnings..  Apparently they feel like they are entitled to 10%... or roughly 100k each.  That is not going to happen.  But now im in a conundrum. I have a good relationship with both of them, and had plans to pay off my brothers car, roughly $17k and do something for my mom, but havent decided what.

Now I dont know what to do, or what is right to do.  I know I dont owe anyone anything, and I was beyond shocked at what their "expectations" are, but dont know how to respond to it...

Opinions welcome....

fwiw: the 250k kings ransom that I gave my father has no bearing on this at all.

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #171925
                    January 13, 2016
                    316 Posts
                    Posted: July 12, 2016, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

Let me ask you all a question....   It was brought to my attention tonight that my brother that is 32 and my mother, are "expecting" quite a bit of money from my winnings..  Apparently they feel like they are entitled to 10%... or roughly 100k each.  That is not going to happen.  But now im in a conundrum. I have a good relationship with both of them, and had plans to pay off my brothers car, roughly $17k and do something for my mom, but havent decided what.

Now I dont know what to do, or what is right to do.  I know I dont owe anyone anything, and I was beyond shocked at what their "expectations" are, but dont know how to respond to it...

Opinions welcome....

fwiw: the 250k kings ransom that I gave my father has no bearing on this at all.

If they didn't say to you that they expected something, I'd go and talk to each of them separately (and alone) and tell them you planned on <whatever it is you planned> and not discuss it further or even confront them about the 10% part you'd heard. If they stated they expected 10%, that's a bit of a different story and the way I'd handle that is not likely how I recommend other people handling it. Sort of goes to the other thread about tipping the clerks at a convenience store - I'd tip one of them if they contributed anything to the fact that I won, but other than that they were doing their job. If your brother expects 10% because he's your brother, that's silly that he could put a number on it and "expects" it. Now if he put you up in his house for a year and paid your bills while you were out of work, but you'd never been able to pay him back (or something similar) - that's a whole different issue.

Not sure I helped any, but in short I think it depends on the circumstances of life with them and things that have transpired over the years - way more than you can (or would want to) post on here.

United States
                      Member #175371
                      June 13, 2016
                      203 Posts
                      Posted: July 12, 2016, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

Opinions welcome....

One of the reasons you can't tell ANYONE that doesn't live with you ... not enough to go around unless you hit Powerball or Mega ... money goes quickly ... house 2 cars retirement/savings for medical issues that might pop up ... I have wayyyyyyy too many relatives ... other than the family I live with people would never know about the win

having said that ... the car payoff is perfect IMO (and very generous)  .... the fantasy in our head vs reality ... sure it would be nice if everyone could have boats cars houses retire etc. but with the amount one puts out a year and the amount you won, it just isn't possible

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                        Mcminnville, Oregon
                        United States
                        Member #3013
                        December 13, 2003
                        3047 Posts
                        Posted: July 12, 2016, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

If you want to help your family out give them the IRS gift threshold of $14,000 a year and make it a one time payment to your brother and mother.  If you feel like helping them out but as for me I would not give them anything since you have your family to think about and rainy day fund for lifes unexpected things that prop up.  Good luck with whatever you choose to do.-weshar75

US Flag

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #167757
                          July 29, 2015
                          356 Posts
                          Posted: July 13, 2016, 12:08 am - IP Logged

Opinions welcome....

As I understand it, while you can give/leave-upon-death up to $5,000,000 in a lifetime before being hit with the gift tax, you can actually only give $14k a year (this is the current 2016 annual exclusion) to any individual other than your spouse (no taxation between spouses) before you get hit with additional taxes (outside of gifts directly for medical or educational expenses). So, one way to step aside from this is, "Look, folks, I'm not giving any more money to the IRS because you want to get paid."

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/frequently-asked-questions-on-gift-taxes

In my own case, if I'd hit the $2M Holiday Gifts and had just shy of $1M cash when it was all done, I'd only have about half that left after covering the costs of ensuring my own future (zero debt, paid for housing, transportation, medical/educational costs of my own, etc). That's before even getting into putting money away to supplement living expenses for as long as possible. I'd certainly pay off what my folks have left on their house (which isn't much now after decades living in it) and (just as you mentioned) pay off cars for my brothers, along with starting a modest college fund for my niece (particularly since I don't ever want kids myself), but after that my family members would get some fat envelopes of carrying-around money at New Years (a few grand-ish each, probably). I certainly wouldn't be cutting $100k checks (sorry folks, that kinda cash just isn't there to go around). And if anyone pushed they'd get one very angry lecture from me about how it was me extending my neck playing these bloody games, and if they want to get paid they can spend years and thousands of dollars trying too.

An exception might be if they were actively involved in you getting the win, but since that's not the case here, it's not worth speculating about.

There's another issue with handing out money to family (especially those who weren't involved in you getting that money in the first place): extended family. Once one family member tells another... ...you get the idea. For me, I'd be like, "What uncles? What cousins? I don't know those people." But, I'm a monster. :)

On a much larger win, say, on the crazy chance a one-off $10M Fortune ticket actually hit for $10M, I'd set up a trust to claim it and set my family members up with percentages of the trust as I see fit (it would be enough money to reason them taking 30-40% collectively). But, it really would require hitting something that large.

United States
                            Member #167585
                            July 21, 2015
                            55 Posts
                            Posted: July 13, 2016, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Opinions welcome....

Just my thoughts take for what you will.

I've thought about this a lot.  I feel if people expect money they don't deserve the money nor need it.  People who are truly your friends won't ask you for money and those are the people i would reward with something nice.  Ultimately it's up to you and it's your family, however as someone above me said the money will go very fast.  If you read every lottery advice ever you have to learn to say "no".  Once you start down this path it's never ending as they will expect you to buy dinner when you go out as a family etc...  You may want to do that and it's fine, but I would sit down with them and set expectations as if you want to protect your windfall you will.  Reverse the situation and it's my family I may make the emotional decision and help them out, because we are only human, but if someone told me they expected money family or not I'd go off on them personally.  To me that's just greed consuming a person and asking for something that is putting you in a very awkward situation which is super selfish. 

My rule if I ever win the lottery "PB or MM".  I will give all family (immediate) a one time gift max tax free gift.  I may choose to help the not so fortunate with things, but they will not know it was me that "paid" off there car per say or house.  If anyone says to me I want this or that they will get nothing.  If someone wants to be my friend and ask for nothing they will get a lot in terms of friendship and opportunity.  If it's a big jackpot I will buy the clerk an education to their pick of college or trade school 4 years max term.  I will give them something that will pay them back the rest of their life which is opportunity.  Giving someone 10 Grand does no good.  Helping them with an unfortunate loan or debt helps them more than just giving them money to blow.  If they don't have the money to blow in the first place it's either, because they haven't made the correct decisions to make said money or they were just super unlucky in life.  If someone meets the super unlucky in life I'm more inclined to help them.  If they've made bad decisions why would you give them money to make further bad decisions as you aren't doing anyone justice by this.

Tampa, Fl
                              United States
                              Member #136502
                              December 12, 2012
                              109 Posts
                              Posted: July 13, 2016, 1:06 am - IP Logged

I'd honestly be happy with any amount someone helped me with.

Page 260 of 351