Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lottery Holiday Millionaire Raffle

Topic closed. 199 replies. Last post 11 months ago by morgothaod.

Page 3 of 14
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3695 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2015, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

I think that has to do more with disposable income ... lets say a 20 year old and a senior both have 100 dollars of "play" money each month -- lets look at recreational venues for that 100 -- movies,video games,concerts,amusement venues ( disney etc) sporting events,outdoor activities ( fishing trips etc) and lottery.If one is young and full of fire and spit those things that take more physical stamina are appealing along with the pop culture of the latest Xbox release or even "date night" type stuff .... I am older and disabled and do you know why I play the lottery? For that chance to " help out" the folks I care about before I cash out in this life .. the kids the grandkids the friends that stuck with me through tough times were I to hit the big one the vast majority of the winnings would go to them

I have to say I admire your spirit!  People that put other peoples welfare ahead of their own are truly the best people.

I'm sure the reasons that seniors play the lottery are as varied as the people themselves. But I do think many seniors are thinking about their grandkids when they play.  Although I don't have any grandchildren, I know that I'm thinking about my own children's welfare every time I buy a ticket.  Sure, I'll do something nice for the Mrs and I, but it's my kids that will ultimately benefit the most should I ever be so lucky as to win a large prize. G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3695 Posts
    Posted: November 21, 2015, 3:57 am - IP Logged

Buddy, that Fla raffle keeps gettin' better every time I read about it!  I'm gonna tell my oldest brother to get me a few tix!  He lives near Tampa.  He and his wife are retired snowbirds, and they're coming back up here to New York for the Christmas holidays.

Thanks for your reply.  I'll keep my eye on this thread, especially now I might have a little skin in the game in the not so distant future.  G5

Well, I finally got an email reply from my brother in Tampa!  He said "Consider it done" so he's gonna go ahead and buy me two tickets to the Holiday Millionaire Raffle. 

He must not have remembered that good advice he gave me about buying lottery tickets for other people!

But the difference between me and other people is, I'll definitely cut him in if I win big!  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Sum Buddy's avatar - AVATAR1 zps193xol4h.jpg

United States
      Member #129928
      July 1, 2012
      90 Posts
      Posted: November 21, 2015, 4:47 am - IP Logged

Well, I finally got an email reply from my brother in Tampa!  He said "Consider it done" so he's gonna go ahead and buy me two tickets to the Holiday Millionaire Raffle. 

He must not have remembered that good advice he gave me about buying lottery tickets for other people!

But the difference between me and other people is, I'll definitely cut him in if I win big!  G5

Party

Awe$ome!  Good Luck!   

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
        ORLANDO, FLORIDA
        United States
        Member #4924
        June 3, 2004
        5894 Posts
        Posted: November 21, 2015, 5:23 am - IP Logged

I have tried to register my PLAYOFF ENTRY ticket, doesn't work. Contacted Florida lottery, no response, yet. Anyone have a suggestion?

United States
          Member #129928
          July 1, 2012
          90 Posts
          Posted: November 21, 2015, 5:59 am - IP Logged

I have tried to register my PLAYOFF ENTRY ticket, doesn't work. Contacted Florida lottery, no response, yet. Anyone have a suggestion?

"2. Enter the first 13 digits of the 19-digit number (your entry number) in the field provided below."

This is what messed me up when I first tried to enter the Fantasy 5 second chance football raffle, and this rule also applies to the Raffle Playoff entries.  Maybe that's it?

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
            ORLANDO, FLORIDA
            United States
            Member #4924
            June 3, 2004
            5894 Posts
            Posted: November 21, 2015, 6:28 am - IP Logged

"2. Enter the first 13 digits of the 19-digit number (your entry number) in the field provided below."

This is what messed me up when I first tried to enter the Fantasy 5 second chance football raffle, and this rule also applies to the Raffle Playoff entries.  Maybe that's it?

Thanks

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
              Member #106923
              February 27, 2011
              476 Posts
              Posted: November 21, 2015, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

Ron, you couldn't be more correct if you had to be.  Yes, money can do strange things to people, especially large sums of it.  I saw it happen in my own family when I was The Executor of my late mothers estate.  I never ever thought money could or would come between any of my family members, but it did.  The lawyer for my mother's estate said he "was not surprised at what went on."  He said he'd seen that type of thing "many times."

As for driving to Florida, well, it isn't feasible for this particular raffle.  So if I want to be in it, I'm stuck with having my brother buy me a couple  of tickets.  (That's IF he'll do it!) 

Not to quibble, but I'd go slightly differently than your suggested route.  I'd take I81 and exit at Winchester Va onto I66 east to Virginia 17 and take it to I95.  That skips The Beltways too.  My wife and I went to North Carolina last March and we took that route.  (My parents were "snowbirds" in their retirement, and drove back and forth from New York to Sarasota Florida for many years. My father always swore by that route as he absolutely hated driving on The Beltways.)  Virginia 17 is a nice road, 4 lanes in many places, and it puts you on I95 in Fredricksburg Va.  But I'm sure the route you suggested is equally easy/nice! I may even give a try some time - Thanks!  G5

I never ever thought money could or would come between any of my family members,

You say your my brother... I ain't got no stinkin' brothers.

You say your my mother... I ain't got no dang burn mothers.

You say your my wife... I ain't... err... honey is that you?  I'm just foolin' around... you're taking half?  Not half, whew... What?  ALL!?  But... But... what about my brother who is out of work, and what about my poor sick mother... I've gotta do something for them, they'd do it for me... honey... honey???

Stooges

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

Naples, Florida
                United States
                Member #136981
                December 23, 2012
                39 Posts
                Posted: November 21, 2015, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Told my mom to be buy me a ticket as a Christmas present and the number sold as of today is so far 40,000 tickets.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                  Member #106923
                  February 27, 2011
                  476 Posts
                  Posted: November 21, 2015, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Told my mom to be buy me a ticket as a Christmas present and the number sold as of today is so far 40,000 tickets.

That's a good idea!  Can you have your mom buy me one as a Christmas present also?  Noel

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

United States
                    Member #129928
                    July 1, 2012
                    90 Posts
                    Posted: November 21, 2015, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the update on the number of tickets sold, fangkid.  I'm not surprised sales are starting out slow.  If tickets were selling at the expected daily average, after 7.5 days of sales (counting today, Saturday as a half day, 'cuz it ain't over yet) they should have sold around 122,250 tickets by now.  I know that Saturday tops ticket sales for Fantasy 5, so today may bump up the raffle sales, too.  But no way are they going to make up a shortfall of 80,000 in one day.  I'm sure the sales volume will pick up as it gets closer to the grand prize drawing.

In the meantime, Monday the 23rd is the last day of sales before the first weekly drawing.  We may be looking at odds of winning $500 at 1:120, 1:140, somewhere around there.

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3695 Posts
                      Posted: November 22, 2015, 8:05 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the update on the number of tickets sold, fangkid.  I'm not surprised sales are starting out slow.  If tickets were selling at the expected daily average, after 7.5 days of sales (counting today, Saturday as a half day, 'cuz it ain't over yet) they should have sold around 122,250 tickets by now.  I know that Saturday tops ticket sales for Fantasy 5, so today may bump up the raffle sales, too.  But no way are they going to make up a shortfall of 80,000 in one day.  I'm sure the sales volume will pick up as it gets closer to the grand prize drawing.

In the meantime, Monday the 23rd is the last day of sales before the first weekly drawing.  We may be looking at odds of winning $500 at 1:120, 1:140, somewhere around there.

The two tickets purchased near Tampa yesterday for me by my brother were in the 40,700 range... G5

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                        Florida
                        United States
                        Member #61435
                        May 22, 2008
                        906 Posts
                        Posted: November 22, 2015, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

Love the Millionaire Raffle, won $1,000.00 last time it played.  Was third one drawn, first one drawn was for a $1,000,000.00.  Best odds out there to win $1,000,000.00!!

United States
                          Member #129928
                          July 1, 2012
                          90 Posts
                          Posted: November 23, 2015, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Bought a ticket in the 53,500 range around noon today.  I had to hand over my Jackson before the clerk would print the ticket.  She said people are coming in wanting to buy a raffle ticket, but when they find out how much they cost, they decline.

Today's the last day of sales before the first weekly draw, I think they'll be lucky to reach 60,000 sold by today's end.  If tickets had been selling at the daily average required for the game to sell out all 750,000 tickets, they should have sold 146,700 by end of today.  I think sales will pick up probably the first week in December.

So their published odds of 1:150,000 of winning $10,000 in this weekly drawing looks a lot more like 1:60,000.  Published odds 1:750 for winning $500 have become 1:300.

Good Luck all ticket holders!

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                            Florida
                            United States
                            Member #61435
                            May 22, 2008
                            906 Posts
                            Posted: November 23, 2015, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Its up to 57280 ish. Good luck!  Can win up to $10,000 in tomorrows draw! And a $1,000,000.00 in final draw!!. I'm ALL IN!

Naples, Florida
                              United States
                              Member #136981
                              December 23, 2012
                              39 Posts
                              Posted: November 24, 2015, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Winning numbers are out, I didn't win a penny lol. Hopefully one you guys did!

Page 3 of 14