Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lottery Holiday Millionaire Raffle

Topic closed. 199 replies. Last post 11 months ago by morgothaod.

Page 5 of 14
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3702 Posts
Posted: November 28, 2015, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Tickets were in the 89,000 range a little before 8:00 this A.M.  Realtorjim said they were in the 79,000 range on Thursday, and since terminal games aren't sold before 6:00 A.M., I'm guessing that Friday saw around 10,000 in sales, the biggest sales day yet.  It still falls short of the 16,300 estimated average daily sales (if tickets sell out.)  So counting 13 full days of raffle sales, the daily average has been around 6,850, less than half of the projected average.

The clerk at the Publix where I bought my ticket did say that someone who bought a ticket at their location won $500 on the weekly draw.

Right now, Florida's ticket sales per day are probably higher than Pennsylvania's due to the weekly drawing for $10,000.

I think that Florida will see a tremendous surge in daily ticket sales about a week prior to the drawing. (Most likely it will be well above the estimated daily average of 16,300.)  G5   

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Naples, Florida
    United States
    Member #136981
    December 23, 2012
    40 Posts
    Posted: November 28, 2015, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

Bought it ticket around 7pm, and the number were in the 95,000 range at the time. Saturday seems to be a big day for sales to increase fairly rapidly; almost in the six digits.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
      Member #118609
      November 4, 2011
      935 Posts
      Posted: November 29, 2015, 12:33 am - IP Logged

Bought it ticket around 7pm, and the number were in the 95,000 range at the time. Saturday seems to be a big day for sales to increase fairly rapidly; almost in the six digits.

Same here fangkid, number over 95,000 today.

Hope to get another one later in the month.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
        Member #106923
        February 27, 2011
        478 Posts
        Posted: November 29, 2015, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Same here fangkid, number over 95,000 today.

Hope to get another one later in the month.

Glad to know you're in it lejardin.  I don't mind sharing the jackpot, especially when sharing is a separate jackpot!  Good luck!

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

Jacksonville
          United States
          Member #153806
          March 26, 2014
          345 Posts
          Posted: November 29, 2015, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

In the past, if the Raffle tickets are falling well-below the necessary thresholds to make a profit, the lotto has given away incentive prizes if you buy tickets at the District Office (e.g., t-shirts, $5 scratchoff tickets, etc.)  I wonder if they will do this if sales continue to be sluggish in about 2 weeks.  However, I agree with everyone that the sales are likely to surge near the drawing date.

I bought another one this evening.  Mine was in the 102,000 range.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
            Member #118609
            November 4, 2011
            935 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2015, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Glad to know you're in it lejardin.  I don't mind sharing the jackpot, especially when sharing is a separate jackpot!  Good luck!

Thank you Realtorjim, yes MY win wont affect YOURS! Wink

Sum Buddy's avatar - AVATAR1 zps193xol4h.jpg

United States
              Member #129928
              July 1, 2012
              94 Posts
              Posted: November 30, 2015, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

105,800 at around 1:30.  I think sales will really start picking up this weekend.  Or not.  After 15 1/2 days, at the estimated daily average sales, they should have sold around 252,000 by now.  A lot of ground to make up.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                Member #106923
                February 27, 2011
                478 Posts
                Posted: November 30, 2015, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

105,800 at around 1:30.  I think sales will really start picking up this weekend.  Or not.  After 15 1/2 days, at the estimated daily average sales, they should have sold around 252,000 by now.  A lot of ground to make up.

Of course, it should be pointed out the less tickets sold the better the odds of winning a million bucks (or any prize) for those who do have tickets!  Just sayin'.  Christmas

NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3702 Posts
                  Posted: November 30, 2015, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

One thing that Pennsylvania has done in the past with their millionaire raffle is they put a counter on their website showing how many tickets have been sold.  They don't have one out there yet, but I would think it will eventually be put out there.

Maybe Florida's ticket sales would benefit from something like that.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Jacksonville
                    United States
                    Member #153806
                    March 26, 2014
                    345 Posts
                    Posted: November 30, 2015, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Is it just me or would the final raffle prize pool have been better if they awarded six $1M prizes and ten $100,000 prizes. I'm always a fan of more prizes and you could have ten $100,000 prizes for the cost of one $1M prize.

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3702 Posts
                      Posted: December 1, 2015, 7:44 am - IP Logged

Is it just me or would the final raffle prize pool have been better if they awarded six $1M prizes and ten $100,000 prizes. I'm always a fan of more prizes and you could have ten $100,000 prizes for the cost of one $1M prize.

I'm with you 'gator.  But it'd also make the odds a little tougher/higher to win a first place prize.  (And also it'd lower 2nd place's odds.)

Here's a little food for thought for everybody to mull over.....

There is no guarantee that when you buy more than one ticket at the same time, that you'll receive a sequential set of ticket numbers.  For instance, if you bought two tickets, you could easily get 150,001 and 150,003.  That happens when someone else buys a ticket a t the same time you do, but their transaction was processed by the computer a split second ahead of yours, so they got 150,002.

Now for the hard part... What if ticket number 150,002 won a million dollars?????  Do you think that kind of thing would make the newspapers?  Has it ever happened in Florida, or anywhere else like Connecticut or Pennsylvania?   Ya got me!  I don't know if it has or not.  But I sure wouldn't wanna be the guy who bought 150,001 and 150,002!!  G5   

United States
                        Member #106923
                        February 27, 2011
                        478 Posts
                        Posted: December 1, 2015, 9:14 am - IP Logged

I'm with you 'gator.  But it'd also make the odds a little tougher/higher to win a first place prize.  (And also it'd lower 2nd place's odds.)

Here's a little food for thought for everybody to mull over.....

There is no guarantee that when you buy more than one ticket at the same time, that you'll receive a sequential set of ticket numbers.  For instance, if you bought two tickets, you could easily get 150,001 and 150,003.  That happens when someone else buys a ticket a t the same time you do, but their transaction was processed by the computer a split second ahead of yours, so they got 150,002.

Now for the hard part... What if ticket number 150,002 won a million dollars?????  Do you think that kind of thing would make the newspapers?  Has it ever happened in Florida, or anywhere else like Connecticut or Pennsylvania?   Ya got me!  I don't know if it has or not.  But I sure wouldn't wanna be the guy who bought 150,001 and 150,002!!  G5   

Umm... If ticket 150,002 won a million dollars I WOULD wanna be the guy who bought 150,001 and 150,002!  Though we all know what you really meant, GiveFive.

Poke

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3702 Posts
                          Posted: December 1, 2015, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Umm... If ticket 150,002 won a million dollars I WOULD wanna be the guy who bought 150,001 and 150,002!  Though we all know what you really meant, GiveFive.

Poke

Thanks Jim!

Must be old age or sumthin'......  G5

Naples, Florida
                            United States
                            Member #136981
                            December 23, 2012
                            40 Posts
                            Posted: December 2, 2015, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Just bought a ticket a few minutes ago, the number sold is roughly at 130,000. I'm trying to buy one each week for the weekly drawing, almost forgot today lol, the weekly drawing is tomorrow.

Sum Buddy's avatar - AVATAR1 zps193xol4h.jpg

United States
                              Member #129928
                              July 1, 2012
                              94 Posts
                              Posted: December 3, 2015, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

Just bought a ticket a few minutes ago, the number sold is roughly at 130,000. I'm trying to buy one each week for the weekly drawing, almost forgot today lol, the weekly drawing is tomorrow.

I see there are 6 $500 winners from Naples, hope one of 'em is you fangkid!

Page 5 of 14