Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lottery Holiday Millionaire Raffle

Topic closed. 199 replies. Last post 11 months ago by morgothaod.

Page 6 of 14
PrintE-mailLink
Naples, Florida
United States
Member #136981
December 23, 2012
39 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2015, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

I see there are 6 $500 winners from Naples, hope one of 'em is you fangkid!

Thanks, but nope, sadly didn't win anything again this week... maybe next week lol

Miami
    United States
    Member #169368
    October 14, 2015
    4 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2015, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately I haven't won anything either fangkid :(, each week I buy about 4 tickets hoping for at least the $500. Luckily, we still have other chances at the end of the year *fingers crossed*

Jacksonville
      United States
      Member #153806
      March 26, 2014
      345 Posts
      Posted: December 3, 2015, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

I had 3 for this drawing and I didn't win either.  However, I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed with some of the "random" numbers being generated.  Here was two of the winning numbers and locations from today's drawing:

077141 $500.00MIAMIFILE LIQUORS
      077145 $500.00MIAMIFILE LIQUORS

The tickets were literally 4 tickets apart and purchased from the exact same place.  Given the numbers print sequentially and at a pretty quick pace, the odds are great that one person bought 5 or more tickets at once and won $500 twice.

Miami
        United States
        Member #169368
        October 14, 2015
        4 Posts
        Posted: December 3, 2015, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

True enough gator. I was wondering if a person claims a $500 ticket winner, if that ticket is still eligible for the end of the year drawing or not? does anyone know? I hope I make sense.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
          Member #106923
          February 27, 2011
          474 Posts
          Posted: December 4, 2015, 12:47 am - IP Logged

True enough gator. I was wondering if a person claims a $500 ticket winner, if that ticket is still eligible for the end of the year drawing or not? does anyone know? I hope I make sense.

From the FL website:

Purchase your Holiday MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE tickets by December 23, and in addition to the New Year's Eve drawing, you'll also be automatically entered into the next available weekly drawing for a chance to win the $10,000 prize, or be one of 200 $500 winners!

Thumbs Up

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

maximillions's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg

United States
            Member #168791
            September 17, 2015
            9 Posts
            Posted: December 4, 2015, 8:39 am - IP Logged

I had 3 for this drawing and I didn't win either.  However, I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed with some of the "random" numbers being generated.  Here was two of the winning numbers and locations from today's drawing:

077141 $500.00MIAMIFILE LIQUORS
            077145 $500.00MIAMIFILE LIQUORS

The tickets were literally 4 tickets apart and purchased from the exact same place.  Given the numbers print sequentially and at a pretty quick pace, the odds are great that one person bought 5 or more tickets at once and won $500 twice.

Interesting observation, gator.  Also:

Friendly Mini Mart, Bonifay   115012,  115013.   $500 winners

Dyer Food, Kissimmee. 077280, 077638, 078793   $500 winners

Not exactly sequential but close in sequence

Naples, Florida
              United States
              Member #136981
              December 23, 2012
              39 Posts
              Posted: December 6, 2015, 11:44 am - IP Logged

numbers are in the 170,000, just bought a ticket

Sum Buddy's avatar - AVATAR1 zps193xol4h.jpg

United States
                Member #129928
                July 1, 2012
                90 Posts
                Posted: December 6, 2015, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

numbers are in the 170,000, just bought a ticket

Average daily sales are inching closer to 8,000 per day, about half of the expected daily average if there's a sellout.  I'm still planning on getting one ticket for each weekly draw, but I think I'll delay any multiple ticket purchases per week until the last two weeks before the draw.  I may try to get a couple at some different stores, too.

Naples, Florida
                  United States
                  Member #136981
                  December 23, 2012
                  39 Posts
                  Posted: December 6, 2015, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Average daily sales are inching closer to 8,000 per day, about half of the expected daily average if there's a sellout.  I'm still planning on getting one ticket for each weekly draw, but I think I'll delay any multiple ticket purchases per week until the last two weeks before the draw.  I may try to get a couple at some different stores, too.

yeah I plan on buying a ticket for each draw as well and also plan on maybe buying 1 or 2 at the last minute since those seem to be the grand prize winners.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                    NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3685 Posts
                    Posted: December 7, 2015, 6:54 am - IP Logged

I bought some Pennsylvania Raffle tickets yesterday.  They're not selling nearly as well as Florida's.  The ticket numbers were in the high 70 thousands range.   PA has a max of 500,000 and I'm starting to wonder if they'll sell out.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Sum Buddy's avatar - AVATAR1 zps193xol4h.jpg

United States
                      Member #129928
                      July 1, 2012
                      90 Posts
                      Posted: December 7, 2015, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Bought a ticket around 1:30, 184,000 range.  That's a 14,000 jump since yesterday.  Looks like things are picking up.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                        Member #106923
                        February 27, 2011
                        474 Posts
                        Posted: December 7, 2015, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Bought a ticket around 1:30, 184,000 range.  That's a 14,000 jump since yesterday.  Looks like things are picking up.

With 750,000 total tickets that is still quite a way to go with just a little over three weeks left.  Not that I am complaining, less tickets equal better odds.  I do hope to revisit the lightening capital for another ticket.  Thanks for the update SB.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

Naples, Florida
                          United States
                          Member #136981
                          December 23, 2012
                          39 Posts
                          Posted: December 7, 2015, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

With 750,000 total tickets that is still quite a way to go with just a little over three weeks left.  Not that I am complaining, less tickets equal better odds.  I do hope to revisit the lightening capital for another ticket.  Thanks for the update SB.

Yeah sales are definitely starting slow, but I still think this will sell out by new years eve. I plan on buying one last ticket as close as I can towards the ending of sales.

Jacksonville
                            United States
                            Member #153806
                            March 26, 2014
                            345 Posts
                            Posted: December 7, 2015, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

It must be averaging about 10K tickets a day now.  I bought a ticket at 9am this morning and it was low 180,000.  My co-worker bought one at 6pm tonight and hers was 189,000ish.  By the end of tonight, another 1,000 will sell.  I wonder if it is the upcoming deadline on the second chance promotion or if people are just buying more tickets at the final drawing gets closer.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                              NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3685 Posts
                              Posted: December 8, 2015, 7:58 am - IP Logged

Yeah sales are definitely starting slow, but I still think this will sell out by new years eve. I plan on buying one last ticket as close as I can towards the ending of sales.

Don't forget Christmas is a little over two weeks away.  People love to give them as Christmas gifts.  Sales will skyrocket just before Dec 25th. G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Page 6 of 14