Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lottery Holiday Millionaire Raffle

Topic closed. 199 replies. Last post 11 months ago by morgothaod.

Page 4 of 14
PrintE-mailLink
SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
Member #165541
April 12, 2015
545 Posts
Posted: November 24, 2015, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Florida has a great 5/37. 

Why waste time with a raffle?

Raffles can be rigged.

Instead of a rigged RNG raffle,

They can have a 

Rafflle Non Genous.

Sum Buddy's avatar - AVATAR1 zps193xol4h.jpg

United States
    Member #129928
    July 1, 2012
    94 Posts
    Posted: November 24, 2015, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

Winning numbers are out, I didn't win a penny lol. Hopefully one you guys did!

I didn't, not yet!  But we're still in it for the New Year's Eve jackpot drawing. 

From the winning numbers, it looks like my estimate of 60,000 sold for this first weekly draw was pretty close, maybe even a little over.  And I think sales will remain slow for another week or so.  I'm planning on buying at least one ticket prior to each of the next 4 weekly draws.

United States
      Member #129928
      July 1, 2012
      94 Posts
      Posted: November 24, 2015, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Raffles can be rigged.

They can have a 

Rafflle Non Genous.

Florida's Fantasy 5 is 5/36.  See page 254 of the "Post Your Winning Tickets Here" thread, towards the bottom of the page.

Big Grin

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #165541
        April 12, 2015
        545 Posts
        Posted: November 24, 2015, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Florida's Fantasy 5 is 5/36.  See page 254 of the "Post Your Winning Tickets Here" thread, towards the bottom of the page.

Big Grin

My bad!  Thats even better!!!  I might check the page 254, or better yet I might play 254 box tommorrow!!!  I hope FL has a good report card!!!

Naples, Florida
          United States
          Member #136981
          December 23, 2012
          40 Posts
          Posted: November 24, 2015, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Raffles can be rigged.

They can have a 

Rafflle Non Genous.

You may be right, I'm starting to feel that way. If I don't win anything this year, this will definitely be my last raffle. On that note, I will be buying one ticket for each drawing but it will be my last if I can't even win the bare minimum prize lol

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #61435
            May 22, 2008
            908 Posts
            Posted: November 24, 2015, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Winning numbers are out, I didn't win a penny lol. Hopefully one you guys did!

Nada.  They still go into the mix for the opportunity to win SEVEN $1,000.000.00 prizes.

United States
              Member #129928
              July 1, 2012
              94 Posts
              Posted: November 25, 2015, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

My bad!  Thats even better!!!  I might check the page 254, or better yet I might play 254 box tommorrow!!!  I hope FL has a good report card!!!

Grade: A+

Florida (100% true lottery drawings)

Florida has a great report card.  No RNG (except the raffle!)

United States
                Member #129928
                July 1, 2012
                94 Posts
                Posted: November 25, 2015, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

You may be right, I'm starting to feel that way. If I don't win anything this year, this will definitely be my last raffle. On that note, I will be buying one ticket for each drawing but it will be my last if I can't even win the bare minimum prize lol

Odds of winning Fantasy 5 are 1:376,992.  The highest payouts I've seen hover around $250,000 (usually on Saturday nights.) Many times the jackpot is divided among two or more winners.

Odds of winning $1,000,000 in the raffle are 1:107,143, that's if tickets sell out.  You won't find a scratch-off or draw game with odds this good for winning $1,000,000.  They can offer these odds because of the hefty ticket price.  To me, it's worth it.  I wonder, if tickets don't sell out, is the Lottery obligated to pay out all prizes anyway?

Don't forget to enter your voucher numbers online for the Playoff Bonus drawing by December 8th, if you haven't already.  Good Luck!

Sun Smiley

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                  Member #106923
                  February 27, 2011
                  478 Posts
                  Posted: November 26, 2015, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

I didn't, not yet!  But we're still in it for the New Year's Eve jackpot drawing. 

From the winning numbers, it looks like my estimate of 60,000 sold for this first weekly draw was pretty close, maybe even a little over.  And I think sales will remain slow for another week or so.  I'm planning on buying at least one ticket prior to each of the next 4 weekly draws.

I purchased one ticket on 11/22.  It was in the 48K range.  I purchased a second today (11/26).  It was in the 79K range.  So they sold 30K+ tickets from the 22nd through the 26th.  Travelers for Thanksgiving probably helped boost sales I would imagine. 

I decided to get off the interstate and see some "countryside".  If anyone doesn't know, Florida countryside has pine trees.  Lots and lots of pine trees.  Pine tree farms, pine tree forests, pine tree lots, and pine tree woods.  Did I mention the pine trees. 

I digress... was out in the middle of nowhere and stopped at an old, mom and pop type, station that certainly was showing its age.  I was surprised it was open on Thanksgiving day.  I go in and ask for a Florida raffle ticket.  The clerk looked confused, then starts looking at the scratch-offs.  I tell her it is not a scratch-off, it is an online game.  She still looks confused and stares at scratch-offs.  I again said it is an online game like Powerball and Megamillions.  She stares at her terminal.  I told her there should be a button for it just like, again, Powerball and Megamillions.  She timidly pushes a button and low and behold states "raffle".  I said that is it.  She gets me a ticket then confesses it was the first raffle ticket the store has sold!  Beginners luck?!  I certainly hope so!

I like your idea, SB, of how you plan to buy your raffle tickets.  I doubt I will make it back to Florida before the draw, but at least have two tickets, and the latter one I really have a good gut feeling about.  Good luck to you, as well!

Turkey

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                    Member #118609
                    November 4, 2011
                    935 Posts
                    Posted: November 26, 2015, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

Good Luck Realtorjim, that is not your ordinary, run of the mill purchase, especially being the first raffle sold from that Mom & Pop store.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                      Member #106923
                      February 27, 2011
                      478 Posts
                      Posted: November 26, 2015, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Good Luck Realtorjim, that is not your ordinary, run of the mill purchase, especially being the first raffle sold from that Mom & Pop store.

Thanks lejardin.  That was my thinking also.  There was a vibe in the air.

United States
                        Member #129928
                        July 1, 2012
                        94 Posts
                        Posted: November 27, 2015, 9:56 am - IP Logged

I purchased one ticket on 11/22.  It was in the 48K range.  I purchased a second today (11/26).  It was in the 79K range.  So they sold 30K+ tickets from the 22nd through the 26th.  Travelers for Thanksgiving probably helped boost sales I would imagine. 

I decided to get off the interstate and see some "countryside".  If anyone doesn't know, Florida countryside has pine trees.  Lots and lots of pine trees.  Pine tree farms, pine tree forests, pine tree lots, and pine tree woods.  Did I mention the pine trees. 

I digress... was out in the middle of nowhere and stopped at an old, mom and pop type, station that certainly was showing its age.  I was surprised it was open on Thanksgiving day.  I go in and ask for a Florida raffle ticket.  The clerk looked confused, then starts looking at the scratch-offs.  I tell her it is not a scratch-off, it is an online game.  She still looks confused and stares at scratch-offs.  I again said it is an online game like Powerball and Megamillions.  She stares at her terminal.  I told her there should be a button for it just like, again, Powerball and Megamillions.  She timidly pushes a button and low and behold states "raffle".  I said that is it.  She gets me a ticket then confesses it was the first raffle ticket the store has sold!  Beginners luck?!  I certainly hope so!

I like your idea, SB, of how you plan to buy your raffle tickets.  I doubt I will make it back to Florida before the draw, but at least have two tickets, and the latter one I really have a good gut feeling about.  Good luck to you, as well!

Turkey

Thanks for the update on tickets sold, realtorjim.

"...have two tickets, and the latter one I really have a good gut feeling about."

I put a lot of stock in my gut feelings when I'm playing, so hopefully this bodes very well for you.  Good Luck! 

Thumbs Up

United States
                          Member #106923
                          February 27, 2011
                          478 Posts
                          Posted: November 27, 2015, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

I seldom buy scratch-offs but remembered a new $10 Florida one released in late October and there were still not any top prizes claimed so I bought one.  I didn't even bother to scratch it until late last night.  I wasn't matching any numbers but then I scratched a Christmas tree symbol.  Checked what it meant and low and behold, I won all prizes!  $200 total win!  Hope the raffle ticket fares a big win also!

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                            Member #118609
                            November 4, 2011
                            935 Posts
                            Posted: November 27, 2015, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

I seldom buy scratch-offs but remembered a new $10 Florida one released in late October and there were still not any top prizes claimed so I bought one.  I didn't even bother to scratch it until late last night.  I wasn't matching any numbers but then I scratched a Christmas tree symbol.  Checked what it meant and low and behold, I won all prizes!  $200 total win!  Hope the raffle ticket fares a big win also!

Hahahahahaha way to go!  Just makes that Mom & Pop raffle puchase all the more likely!

Congrats! 

United States
                              Member #129928
                              July 1, 2012
                              94 Posts
                              Posted: November 28, 2015, 8:44 am - IP Logged

Tickets were in the 89,000 range a little before 8:00 this A.M.  Realtorjim said they were in the 79,000 range on Thursday, and since terminal games aren't sold before 6:00 A.M., I'm guessing that Friday saw around 10,000 in sales, the biggest sales day yet.  It still falls short of the 16,300 estimated average daily sales (if tickets sell out.)  So counting 13 full days of raffle sales, the daily average has been around 6,850, less than half of the projected average.

The clerk at the Publix where I bought my ticket did say that someone who bought a ticket at their location won $500 on the weekly draw.

Page 4 of 14