Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why are American lotteries rigged?

Topic closed. 168 replies. Last post 4 months ago by GatorShea.

Page 1 of 12
PrintE-mailLink
Ricklou's avatar - majestic lion.jpg

South Africa
Member #129822
June 28, 2012
357 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2016, 3:28 am - IP Logged

I have been noticing American lotteries being rigged Your Mega Millions and Powerball as if you compare the Amount of jackpot winners with Australian or England lotteries you will see much more jackpot winners last Australian lotto 14 people have won a jackpot sharing a jackpot.Its sad to know you spend money on a lottery thats openly rigged i am sure allot of folks will feel the same.As if the odds are not already astronomically high the officials have their hands in the cookie jars.Shame on you American and African lotteries.My own countrys lotteries are also rigged and the Americans seems too openly rigged....sad for all us lottery players

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #77167
    July 15, 2009
    554 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2016, 6:02 am - IP Logged

I have been noticing American lotteries being rigged Your Mega Millions and Powerball as if you compare the Amount of jackpot winners with Australian or England lotteries you will see much more jackpot winners last Australian lotto 14 people have won a jackpot sharing a jackpot.Its sad to know you spend money on a lottery thats openly rigged i am sure allot of folks will feel the same.As if the odds are not already astronomically high the officials have their hands in the cookie jars.Shame on you American and African lotteries.My own countrys lotteries are also rigged and the Americans seems too openly rigged....sad for all us lottery players

If you really believe MM and PB are rigged--do not play them and you will have no reason to feel sad.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

South Africa
      Member #129822
      June 28, 2012
      357 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2016, 6:45 am - IP Logged

If you really believe MM and PB are rigged--do not play them and you will have no reason to feel sad.

Just like to compare apples with apples.........if you dont see it glad you dont see it but I do see it as an outsider. Mega Millions 34-61-66-67-68. Unheard off 4 numbers from the same group.Bumping up jackpots ?? I dont play it but i like to see winners on a regular basis  -proof that a lottery is not rigged. Do yourself a favor and check winners on England and Australia lotteries.....consistent jackpot winners !!! Can you see that in your lotteries ?

Known rigged lotteries

SA Powerbal

SA Lotto

USA Mega Millions

USA Powerball

Known non rigged lotteries

England National Lottery

Australia Lotto

Australia Pb

Statistics never lie.

United Kingdom
        Member #174071
        April 2, 2016
        6 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2016, 7:49 am - IP Logged

They aren't rigged it's just the massive difference in odds

Odds of winning the Uk lottery approx 45 million to 1

Odds of winning Powerball over 200 million to 1

United States
          Member #145267
          August 1, 2013
          1492 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2016, 7:56 am - IP Logged

The odds are extremely high and I do believe that it is somewhat rigged.  American greed at it's best.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #74096
            May 2, 2009
            22857 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2016, 8:09 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure what the odds of any of the games you listed are compared

to ours but PB & MM odds are huge. The bigwigs in charge like it that way.

Personally, I would like to see more winners split a jackpot rather than have

one person win more money than they'll ever spend. The attraction is an

enormous pot that has each player thinking it could be me! That thought is

fueled by an aggressive and highly effective ad campaign everytime the pot

reaches record amounts. It only takes one ticket is convincing and good for

sales when the frenzy is on. People that wouldn't normally play buy a ticket

and dream. Someone will win and that's the problem, someone.

I agree with you to a point, I wouldn't say fixed but definitely manipulated. I

think most use the qp option, me too if I play. But I only believe I have a chance

if I'm buying at the right time and the computer is selecting from the right pool

when I buy. If this were a truly random game, jp's wouldn't rise to insane levels

and there would be more winners. $20 million is a lot but $300 million sells a

lot more tickets. The balls can't be rigged but the odds of what can happen can

be examined and programed accordingly. I'll never buy the term truly random. Not

when people have a hand in setting any part of the game. There is a reason computers

are used. One ticket winning out of crazy amounts of tickets sold will never sit right

with me. If this whole Tipton fix was able to happen by tampering with the computers,

although he's in hot water now for programming his set of numbers to win..why can't

the lottery tamper legally with data, quick pick pools and winners? It's their game and

they don't want to lose. Where's the fun or profit in fair? Although they don't seem to 

mind much if it's players profit otherwise they'd let random happen, no programming.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5588 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2016, 8:16 am - IP Logged

Oh please.....

go play cards or something.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

South Africa
                Member #129822
                June 28, 2012
                357 Posts
                Posted: June 28, 2016, 8:47 am - IP Logged

They aren't rigged it's just the massive difference in odds

Odds of winning the Uk lottery approx 45 million to 1

Odds of winning Powerball over 200 million to 1

You got a point there with more balls .....higher odds BUT I will debunk that in comparing then South-African Pb with the Australian Pb......we have a cycle that no jackpots will go for 1 or 2 months and then we eventually get a jackpot winner. Comparing it to the Australian Pb with exactly the same odds you will get much regular jackpot wins telling me something is fishy. I am not blind to know that any lottery are a business and their modus operandi is to make money. But if you starting to see patterns in your lottery its time to put question marks behind it and to to start comparing apples with apples. For us as lotto players its sad if we dont trust the officials running our lotteries.....odds are huge but the officials controls the jackpots when it will go and when they are in profit. Just something to think about. My own Country's lottery are rigged beyond a question of a doubt. Will I spend my money there ? Absolutely not. If my lottery shows consistent winners I will more gladly fork out money as that tell me my line do have a chance and are not manipulated  to have no chance. I like to monitor jackpot winners around the world.....and in my view I see question marks in a few lotteries world wide. Sadly the South-African lotteries are corrupt and greed are running them. The USA Mega and Pb have high odds but their winners put bold question marks behind it too.We want to see winners on a more regular basis. When last did you get 8 people sharing a jackpot on PB or Mega? Always 1???.......fishy.Same here always 1. No trust =lower sales.Why are there no more random wins in between big jackpots on a regular basis? Greed ??? Wish all lotteries are fair but seems only a few a truly worth playing.Some food for thought

South Africa
                  Member #129822
                  June 28, 2012
                  357 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2016, 8:49 am - IP Logged

Oh please.....

go play cards or something.

And thats your opinion and I have mine.....Live with it its called freedom of speech

South Africa
                    Member #129822
                    June 28, 2012
                    357 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2016, 8:57 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure what the odds of any of the games you listed are compared

to ours but PB & MM odds are huge. The bigwigs in charge like it that way.

Personally, I would like to see more winners split a jackpot rather than have

one person win more money than they'll ever spend. The attraction is an

enormous pot that has each player thinking it could be me! That thought is

fueled by an aggressive and highly effective ad campaign everytime the pot

reaches record amounts. It only takes one ticket is convincing and good for

sales when the frenzy is on. People that wouldn't normally play buy a ticket

and dream. Someone will win and that's the problem, someone.

I agree with you to a point, I wouldn't say fixed but definitely manipulated. I

think most use the qp option, me too if I play. But I only believe I have a chance

if I'm buying at the right time and the computer is selecting from the right pool

when I buy. If this were a truly random game, jp's wouldn't rise to insane levels

and there would be more winners. $20 million is a lot but $300 million sells a

lot more tickets. The balls can't be rigged but the odds of what can happen can

be examined and programed accordingly. I'll never buy the term truly random. Not

when people have a hand in setting any part of the game. There is a reason computers

are used. One ticket winning out of crazy amounts of tickets sold will never sit right

with me. If this whole Tipton fix was able to happen by tampering with the computers,

although he's in hot water now for programming his set of numbers to win..why can't

the lottery tamper legally with data, quick pick pools and winners? It's their game and

they don't want to lose. Where's the fun or profit in fair? Although they don't seem to 

mind much if it's players profit otherwise they'd let random happen, no programming.

Very well said you got  it spot on Dr65. High Jackpot  =more sales. The main problem is if its starting to form a patern....

EZMONEE's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                      Pick3 Analyst
                      All States
                      United States
                      Member #106260
                      February 15, 2011
                      17176 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2016, 8:59 am - IP Logged

GREED!!

Type EZ$

bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
                        Member #153629
                        March 20, 2014
                        128 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2016, 9:04 am - IP Logged

Aus pb 1 in 76 million

tattslotto 1 in 12 mllion

Not rigged pure probability.

But aus lottos are far more favorable to play mostly because second or third divisions are way higher payout than us pb or mm.

Odds of winning second prize in tattsloto, 1:678,755 pais from $5.000-$10.000

Return of Investment, ROI 2014 20% | ROI 2015 20% | ROI 2016 14,45%

United States
                          Member #106134
                          February 13, 2011
                          806 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2016, 9:11 am - IP Logged

It's not that it's rigged, they just had to make it extremely hard to win or else both games were going to be bankrupted.  They tweaked the matrixes several time to increase the odds astronomically to make it extremely hard.  Ten years ago it was WAY TOO EASY to win both games.  I even have confirmation from a 2004 Mega Millions winner from Illinois that it was way too easy for them to win.

United States
                            Member #106134
                            February 13, 2011
                            806 Posts
                            Posted: June 28, 2016, 9:14 am - IP Logged

To win now, you have to play in "Cain't lose" states.  Those states are...New Jersey, Michigan, Tennessee, California, Florida, Washington, North Carolina, Georgia, and New York.

Some other states could be classified as "Can win" but most, especially land locked states are what I'd classify as "Cain't win"

bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
                              Member #153629
                              March 20, 2014
                              128 Posts
                              Posted: June 28, 2016, 9:29 am - IP Logged

I cut n paste this from my blog, Eurojackpot in Sweden is the highest amount paid in lower divisions

"the chances on lower tier.

4+1 1:26,485 $3172 eurojackpot, not fixed prizes but often similiar amounts.
                              4 1:36,425 $100 Powerball, fixed prize.
                              adjusted with 1,375 ratio it still would equal $2306 when PB would payout a measly $100

It's just to bad not winning the JP!

Last Edited: February 23, 2016, 9:08 pm"

I havent't won yet...

Return of Investment, ROI 2014 20% | ROI 2015 20% | ROI 2016 14,45%

Page 1 of 12