Welcome Guest
You last visited April 23, 2017, 5:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why are American lotteries rigged?

Topic closed. 168 replies. Last post 9 months ago by GatorShea.

Page 12 of 12
PrintE-mailLink
Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
Member #158848
September 5, 2014
294 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2016, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

I'm not claiming that PB or MM are rigged, but anybody who doesn't believe that live ball machine drawings can be rigged is quite naive.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    23341 Posts
    Posted: August 4, 2016, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Well, ty Stack. If I was sick before, I'm even more sick now.

9 pre-draws...that's insanity.

No wonder something can be out for almost 20 years at night.

grwurston's avatar - 144
      Winning is fun.
      bel air maryland
      United States
      Member #90251
      April 24, 2010
      5501 Posts
      Posted: August 5, 2016, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Well, ty Stack. If I was sick before, I'm even more sick now.

9 pre-draws...that's insanity.

No wonder something can be out for almost 20 years at night.

I think they're going just a wee bit overboard with the pretests. If they weighed the balls after the last drawing and weigh

them again before the next drawing, and they are exactly the same both times, then I would think they haven't been

messed with. Plus with all the security involved, there would have to be at least two people involved in a "fix".

I think the biggest BS of the pretests is in the last 8 words of the high-lited section below. Sounds to me like they are trying

to take the randomness out of the drawings, which is ironic since randomness is what they always "say" they are trying to

preserve. If they really want to guarantee complete randomness, the official draw should be the only one made. Let the

balls fall how they may. If something goes wrong, then just follow the procedures in place for just that sort of thing.

On number 4 in the slide show it says this:

Though the live drawing lasts 60 seconds, it takes hours to prepare. Lottery officials conduct nine pre-draws, three rehearsal draws, a verification drawing and two post-draws to ensure no statistical parameters have been violated.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Tulsa
        United States
        Member #172877
        February 7, 2016
        131 Posts
        Posted: August 5, 2016, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

I agree.  They should do just one draw and leave it at that.  Have protocol in place that is there for the general public to know about in case there is a problem with the live draw.  You only need an agency to oversee that the balls have not been tampered with or changed in any way.  Who knows?  Maybe one of our lines have come up in these practice draws to then just be dismissed for the "real" one.  Leave it all to chance and not mess with any of ours.

Page 12 of 12