Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why are American lotteries rigged?

Topic closed. 168 replies. Last post 4 months ago by GatorShea.

Page 4 of 12
PrintE-mailLink
Ricklou's avatar - majestic lion.jpg

South Africa
Member #129822
June 28, 2012
361 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2016, 4:19 am - IP Logged

He doesn't have a clue CT. He doesn't have any idea what kind of odds MM and PB have. They don't have to rig anything with those odds.

They don't win so in their minds, "it's rigged".

Thanks for enlighten me -the American lotteries have the highest odds in the world. I have learned something new. So dually noted. Thanks gents keep on with your homophobic attitude towards foreigners......you just seem to know how to do it properly.

Good luck with your respective lotteries, I am off to playing some cards. Thumbs Up

South Africa
    Member #129822
    June 28, 2012
    361 Posts
    Posted: June 29, 2016, 4:24 am - IP Logged

There's a good point that was mentioned earlier... "With the odds being what they are, there's no need in rigging the lotto... I totally agree with that. It's so easy to get discouraged each time none of my numbers hit... But then when I remind myself of the amount of possible combinations and then the odds... There's really not much else I can say other than I'm guilty of getting my hopes set a little high here and there. 

I do do feel the same as others here... For some reason I feel confident I can win a decent sized jackpot. I guess that's why I keep it up when I can. For me personally I have to slow myself down at times and not play so often.

Correct spot on agree with you i underestimated the high odds. Like they say if you dont play -your not in it.Good luck with your games you play

bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
      Member #153629
      March 20, 2014
      128 Posts
      Posted: June 29, 2016, 5:15 am - IP Logged

Thanks for enlighten me -the American lotteries have the highest odds in the world. I have learned something new. So dually noted. Thanks gents keep on with your homophobic attitude towards foreigners......you just seem to know how to do it properly.

Good luck with your respective lotteries, I am off to playing some cards. Thumbs Up

Incorrect, the Italian Superstar (superenalotto + superstar ball) is hardest to win. You must first match 6 out of 90 numbers plus superstar, also 1 out of 90 numbers. The odds is 1 in 56.035.316.700! That's right, you read correct; 1 in 56 billion! Superenalotto itself is 1 in 622 million. Why do anyone even play these lotteries?

Return of Investment, ROI 2014 20% | ROI 2015 20% | ROI 2016 14,45%

South Africa
        Member #129822
        June 28, 2012
        361 Posts
        Posted: June 29, 2016, 5:23 am - IP Logged

Incorrect, the Italian Superstar (superenalotto + superstar ball) is hardest to win. You must first match 6 out of 90 numbers plus superstar, also 1 out of 90 numbers. The odds is 1 in 56.035.316.700! That's right, you read correct; 1 in 56 billion! Superenalotto itself is 1 in 622 million. Why do anyone even play these lotteries?

Wow ok......Agree thats some crazy odds right there bigbuckswede. What lotteries do you play bigbuckswede ?

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
          Texas Panhandle
          United States
          Member #136843
          December 20, 2012
          1273 Posts
          Posted: June 29, 2016, 5:34 am - IP Logged

"Homophobic attitude"? I've never seen RCB say a thing against gay folks, no matter where they're from.  I believe the word you're looking for is Xenophobic, someone who has an "intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries." I don't see that with anything he said, only that he's like me and quite a few others in here in that we don't suffer fools lightly...no matter their nationality.  There's a valid reason you're being ridiculed.

Also, it's "duly" noted, not unless you meant you noted it twice.

You said the "non-rigged" lotteries were in England and Australia.  Since both of them allow for anonymous claiming, how do you know for sure the jackpots are even being awarded?  I mean...if you're going to insist that the lotteries are rigged, why wouldn't you also not think the money is actually paid out?   Seriously, you need to be an equal-opportunity paranoid.

Outside of a few isolated incidents, there hasn't been many controversies with American lotteries.   Despite what I insinuated about Brit and Aussie lotteries, I think the prizes ARE awarded and since they both are among the least corrupt countries in the world and that the U.S. is ranked right along with them, I don't believe American lotteries are rigged.  S. Africa, however, is one of the most corrupt countries in the world, so it wouldn't surprise me that their lotteries are rigged.  A country is more than just land and natural resources, it's the people that make a country what it is.  IOW, corrupt people = corrupt country.   Save your shame for your own country and fellow citizens;  I suggest you stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

FYI, "free speech" doesn't apply in here.  It's "Toddland" and we have to conform to his standards or are exiled to "The Land of No Avatar".  One more thing; it's hypocritical of you to call someone "bitchy" when bitching is what you're doing.  As was said by the maligned poster,  you need to do something about your country's lottery corruption, not come in here and whine about it.   Others have tried to tell you how you're wrong, but you seem to be too thick to understand the explanations. 

Off to play cards like RCB suggested, huh?  I bet you cheat at solitaire.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
           - George Orwell

South Africa
            Member #129822
            June 28, 2012
            361 Posts
            Posted: June 29, 2016, 5:34 am - IP Logged

Its making more sense to play less numbers then again normally lotteries like that have smaller jackpots as I am sure their winning frequency is also greater. Still it make no business sense for lotteries to let a jackpot go if they have not made their profit...irrespective the odds of the lottery(my view). What amazes me is too see lotteries like Aus having 3 jackpots in a month.Here we normally see a jackpot go after 1 -2 months.

South Africa
              Member #129822
              June 28, 2012
              361 Posts
              Posted: June 29, 2016, 5:37 am - IP Logged

"Homophobic attitude"? I've never seen RCB say a thing against gay folks, no matter where they're from.  I believe the word you're looking for is Xenophobic, someone who has an "intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries." I don't see that with anything he said, only that he's like me and quite a few others in here in that we don't suffer fools lightly...no matter their nationality.  There's a valid reason you're being ridiculed.

You said the "non-rigged" lotteries were in England and Australia.  Since both of them allow for anonymous claiming, how do you know for sure the jackpots are even being awarded?  I mean...if you're going to insist that the lotteries are rigged, why wouldn't you also not think the money is actually paid out?   Seriously, you need to be an equal-opportunity paranoid.

Outside of a few isolated incidents, there hasn't been many controversies with American lotteries.   Despite what I insinuated about Brit and Aussie lotteries, I think the prizes ARE awarded and since they both are among the least corrupt countries in the world and that the U.S. is ranked right along with them, I don't believe American lotteries are rigged.  S. Africa, however, is one of the most corrupt countries in the world, so it wouldn't surprise me that their lotteries are rigged.  A country is more than just land and natural resources, it's the people that make a country what it is.  IOW, corrupt people = corrupt country.   Save your shame for your own country and fellow citizens;  I suggest you stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

FYI, "free speech" doesn't apply in here.  It's "Toddland" and we have to conform to his standards or are exiled to "The Land of No Avatar".  One more thing; it's hypocritical of you to call someone "bitchy" when bitching is what you're doing.  As was said by the maligned poster,  you need to do something about your country's lottery corruption, not come in here and whine about it.   Others have tried to tell you how you're wrong, but you seem to be too thick to understand the explanations. 

Haha sorry my fault xenophobic  I meant Mike. Ag good banther is always welcome. Yes life would be dull if we cant agree to disagree.

Cheers

South Africa
                Member #129822
                June 28, 2012
                361 Posts
                Posted: June 29, 2016, 6:01 am - IP Logged

English is my second language just for the record ;) Thanks for helping me out lol

Mike show me a country that dont have their problems - Yes its a pity that corrupt and greed exist in this world and yes I have even mentioned I dont trust my own countries lottery with their funny patterns etc.I can bitch and moan but it will not change anything I agree. Every person will have their own view how they see lotteries worldwide. Not long ago you had  a huge trial going....oh sorry its still ongoing.Let me refresh your memory for you. This sort of thing can happen anywhere in the world FACT. Like I said I like to follow stats on lotteries....I am not bitching. I am sure we can put this to rest now -the point have been made. You have high odds with your matrix changes and that's why you don't see regular winners. Once again every country have its problems -America too

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/304424

bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
                  Member #153629
                  March 20, 2014
                  128 Posts
                  Posted: June 29, 2016, 6:24 am - IP Logged

Wow ok......Agree thats some crazy odds right there bigbuckswede. What lotteries do you play bigbuckswede ?

MM and PB when the jackpot is high, with butler servicies, sometimes Oregon Megabucks, Florida lotto.

Eurojackpot every week from my country sweden. Viking Lotto also when jackpot is high.

Australian lotteries, saturday, pb, oz-lotto, sometimes superdraws

EuroMillions when the jackpot is high, also with butler service.

Return of Investment, ROI 2014 20% | ROI 2015 20% | ROI 2016 14,45%

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10348 Posts
                    Posted: June 29, 2016, 11:15 am - IP Logged

You really jump to a lot of conclusions and the more you share your vast knowledge of lotteries with us the more you prove that you don't really know what you're talking about.

Hope you drew aces and eights in your card game.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                      Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      40402 Posts
                      Posted: June 29, 2016, 11:21 am - IP Logged

You really jump to a lot of conclusions and the more you share your vast knowledge of lotteries with us the more you prove that you don't really know what you're talking about.

Lep

Green laughSomething new for the lad to learn.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        49699 Posts
                        Posted: June 29, 2016, 11:25 am - IP Logged

Green laughSomething new for the lad to learn.

On a long list of things to learn!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #55889
                          October 23, 2007
                          5593 Posts
                          Posted: June 29, 2016, 11:32 am - IP Logged

Lep

Green laugh

I bet he doesn't understand the aces and eights.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Raven62's avatar - binary
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #17843
                            June 28, 2005
                            49699 Posts
                            Posted: June 29, 2016, 11:42 am - IP Logged

If you're not willing to do anything about changing the Lottery then you are Part of the Problem Not Part of the Solution!

Where is your Nelson Mandela Spirit?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Deo-nonfortuna's avatar - hqdefault
                              NJ
                              United States
                              Member #165922
                              April 27, 2015
                              3336 Posts
                              Posted: June 29, 2016, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Highest odds, yes, but u will never see $1.5 billion+ jackpot anywhere in the world.

Everyday, people are literally dying to get here anyway they can. Love it or leave it, put up or shut up like the cliche goes.

All things which are similar and therefore connected, are drawn to each other's power.

Page 4 of 12