Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why are American lotteries rigged?

Topic closed. 168 replies. Last post 4 months ago by GatorShea.

Page 11 of 12
PrintE-mailLink
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5591 Posts
Posted: July 19, 2016, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Here it is:

Really???

So you believe a video on You Tube consisting of Europeans lotteries that was clearly edited to show the draws were rigged. Not to mention the grammar and spelling was done by someone that didn't graduate 3rd grade.

If you don't like to play, fine. But that wasn't anywhere near "proof".

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

homestead
    United States
    Member #158182
    August 14, 2014
    132 Posts
    Posted: July 19, 2016, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Really???

So you believe a video on You Tube consisting of Europeans lotteries that was clearly edited to show the draws were rigged. Not to mention the grammar and spelling was done by someone that didn't graduate 3rd grade.

If you don't like to play, fine. But that wasn't anywhere near "proof".

https://www.engadget.com/2016/04/08/security-director-rigged-lotteries-with-code/

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/third-suspect-surrenders-national-lottery-rigging-scandal-n564261

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
      Member #164727
      March 12, 2015
      2510 Posts
      Posted: July 19, 2016, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Both those links show computerized drawings. I can't think of how or why the officials would, or COULD, manipulate live draws using balls, unless video editing software was involved. Computer programs can be manipulated, but not live draws, again, unless editing software was in the mix.

I've watched enough Florida replays of Fantasy Five drawings and I've never ever seen a ball twirl in the same slot it's sucked into, and then change the number. It's extremely transparent. They don't need to manipulate the game in their favor with air sucking machines and the sort,, they do it by pre tests and post tests. That does the job just fine.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7298 Posts
        Posted: July 19, 2016, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

A live ball drawing was fixed years before RNG drawings.

South Carolina
          United States
          Member #18322
          July 9, 2005
          1704 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2016, 12:04 am - IP Logged

The lottery ping pong balls had microchips embedded in them ???

homestead
            United States
            Member #158182
            August 14, 2014
            132 Posts
            Posted: July 20, 2016, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Both those links show computerized drawings. I can't think of how or why the officials would, or COULD, manipulate live draws using balls, unless video editing software was involved. Computer programs can be manipulated, but not live draws, again, unless editing software was in the mix.

I've watched enough Florida replays of Fantasy Five drawings and I've never ever seen a ball twirl in the same slot it's sucked into, and then change the number. It's extremely transparent. They don't need to manipulate the game in their favor with air sucking machines and the sort,, they do it by pre tests and post tests. That does the job just fine.

In my opinion, the live drawings are just for show. There's no need for video editing as that would make things suspicious. As far as the ball games goes, the computers chooses the winning numbers before the live drawings. Whose to say that they are not doing with the Florida Lottery? Most of the people who have won the Pick-6 games used the computerized Quick Pick option over picking their own numbers based on the history archive of the games winners.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
              Winning makes me smile.
              bel air maryland
              United States
              Member #90251
              April 24, 2010
              4855 Posts
              Posted: July 20, 2016, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

Stack47's link is about the time when the Pennsylvania ball drawing was fixed. After that the Pa. lottery made changes.

On number 4 in the slide show it says this:

Though the live drawing lasts 60 seconds, it takes hours to prepare. Lottery officials conduct nine pre-draws, three rehearsal draws, a verification drawing and two post-draws to ensure no statistical parameters have been violated.

AMAZING!!!Thud

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
                Member #164727
                March 12, 2015
                2510 Posts
                Posted: July 20, 2016, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

In my opinion, the live drawings are just for show. There's no need for video editing as that would make things suspicious. As far as the ball games goes, the computers chooses the winning numbers before the live drawings. Whose to say that they are not doing with the Florida Lottery? Most of the people who have won the Pick-6 games used the computerized Quick Pick option over picking their own numbers based on the history archive of the games winners.

But how could they manipulate the balls to match what the computer picked? The chamber blows air around inside and the machine sucks the nearest ball to the opening.

Sunglasses's avatar - nicebear
                  Zaperlopopotam
                  Belgium
                  Member #173932
                  March 26, 2016
                  952 Posts
                  Posted: July 20, 2016, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Roulette players tell the croupiers that they put magnets.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7298 Posts
                    Posted: July 20, 2016, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

Read the article, "White latex paint was injected into eight of ten ping-pong balls".

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7298 Posts
                      Posted: July 20, 2016, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

Stack47's link is about the time when the Pennsylvania ball drawing was fixed. After that the Pa. lottery made changes.

On number 4 in the slide show it says this:

Though the live drawing lasts 60 seconds, it takes hours to prepare. Lottery officials conduct nine pre-draws, three rehearsal draws, a verification drawing and two post-draws to ensure no statistical parameters have been violated.

AMAZING!!!Thud

Lots of people probably thought live ball drawings couldn't be rigged in 1980 and the reason for all the pre-drawing test today. Just today a clerk was telling me how 4 minute Keno games are rigged because she "heard" a lottery official say "those number were not suppose to be drawn. From there she determined all the results of daily Keno are known before the first drawing of the day.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                        Winning makes me smile.
                        bel air maryland
                        United States
                        Member #90251
                        April 24, 2010
                        4855 Posts
                        Posted: July 20, 2016, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Lots of people probably thought live ball drawings couldn't be rigged in 1980 and the reason for all the pre-drawing test today. Just today a clerk was telling me how 4 minute Keno games are rigged because she "heard" a lottery official say "those number were not suppose to be drawn. From there she determined all the results of daily Keno are known before the first drawing of the day.

With the micro chips Pa. (and who knows how many other states)  put in the balls, now we know how, "those numbers were not supposed to be drawn".

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

homestead
                          United States
                          Member #158182
                          August 14, 2014
                          132 Posts
                          Posted: August 1, 2016, 5:43 am - IP Logged

I think that the purpose of the lottery is to raise money as they legally can for education(aka. government projects). The way that the lottery games are set up(IMO) is that less than 10% will be winning tickets while around 2% will have the tickets with the big prize amounts. This is just for the scratch off tickets. The ball drawings are just for show.

maxodds's avatar - max
                            Jupiter, FL
                            United States
                            Member #154501
                            April 18, 2014
                            74 Posts
                            Posted: August 1, 2016, 7:51 am - IP Logged

I have been noticing American lotteries being rigged Your Mega Millions and Powerball as if you compare the Amount of jackpot winners with Australian or England lotteries you will see much more jackpot winners last Australian lotto 14 people have won a jackpot sharing a jackpot.Its sad to know you spend money on a lottery thats openly rigged i am sure allot of folks will feel the same.As if the odds are not already astronomically high the officials have their hands in the cookie jars.Shame on you American and African lotteries.My own countrys lotteries are also rigged and the Americans seems too openly rigged....sad for all us lottery players

Its not rigged, just that the odds are stacked against you, the player.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                              Brooklyn, NY
                              United States
                              Member #169723
                              October 29, 2015
                              877 Posts
                              Posted: August 1, 2016, 8:44 am - IP Logged

Its not rigged, just that the odds are stacked against you, the player.

I Agree! Whether or not the lottery is rigged, one thing is for sure....the odds are not in your favor!

No Nod

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Page 11 of 12