Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery software development ideas

Topic closed. 335 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 2 of 23
PrintE-mailLink
Developer's avatar - logo2 small.jpg
Somerset
United Kingdom
Member #9710
December 17, 2004
184 Posts
Posted: March 16, 2005, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Beta Testers Wanted (get free lottery software for your time)

I am looking for two or three beta testers for the *****.

I want the testers to check for bugs, typo's (which I am good at putting everywhere ) , discrepancies in the data and anything else found wrong.

In return I will give each tester a free copy of the software when it is officially released.
Please send me a private message, if I am happy about it I will let you know were to download the beta version.

Only apply if you are interested in 4,5 and 6 ball lotterys, have a little time to exchange some ideas, and you must understand a little about statistics.

I want people who use there own systems because I know these people have more of an intrest than most others, also people whom will tell it as it is and are not afriad to affend.

I want to release the software, bug free and accurate, thats why I am offering this.

I will also add the testers names to the about box (Software testers list) of LSAV4 for thousands to see

Thank you

It has been said every software has a bug in it, it has also been said that every program can be reduced by one line of code.

There for any program can be reduced to 1 line that dont work.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: March 16, 2005, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

I removed the link.

I have been flexible with this thread, allowing it to break the no-links rule several times, but it has reached the threshold.  Everyone knows where it is now, by referencing the beginning of the thread.

No more links please.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Somerset
      United Kingdom
      Member #9710
      December 17, 2004
      184 Posts
      Posted: March 16, 2005, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

Sorry I was not aware of this rule, I suppose I should read the terms and conditions properly, I will not post any more links.

Thanks

It has been said every software has a bug in it, it has also been said that every program can be reduced by one line of code.

Amarillo/Austin
        United States
        Member #1424
        April 25, 2003
        696 Posts
        Posted: March 16, 2005, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Here's something original you can try that will greatly simplify your program.  Any lottery is divided into 10 segments. 1,11,21,31,41,51 etc. 2,12,22,32,42,52, etc. for a total of 10 segments.  It doesn't matter how many numbers they draw from, they will all fall into those 10 segments. 

Any pick 5 drawing will involve just four or five of those 10 segments.  Let us know which segments will come up, and we can simplify the drawing considerably.  I really don't care how many numbers they add.  They can draw from 100 different numbers and we will still be talking about a maximum of 5 segments of 10 each or 50 numbers.

Root sums and other voo doo are merely rabbit chasing exercises.  The key is knowing which segment to pick your numbers from.

Orangeman   

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19823 Posts
          Posted: March 17, 2005, 5:57 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by orangeman on March 16, 2005

Here's something original you can try that will greatly simplify your program.  Any lottery is divided into 10 segments. 1,11,21,31,41,51 etc. 2,12,22,32,42,52, etc. for a total of 10 segments.  It doesn't matter how many numbers they draw from, they will all fall into those 10 segments. 

Orangeman   

Every number picked in any lottery will end with a number in the group  0-9

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Somerset
            United Kingdom
            Member #9710
            December 17, 2004
            184 Posts
            Posted: March 17, 2005, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

The powerball makes it hard to do this, 52/4 = 13 so we could use 13 sets of 4 numbers to ensure accuracy

The 49 number draws make it easier as they can be split into groups of 7 which I have done already in my software.

Keep the ideas coming,  and thank you

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
              Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: March 18, 2005, 9:02 am - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by orangeman on March 16, 2005

Any pick 5 drawing will involve just four or five of those 10 segments.  Let us know which segments will come up, and we can simplify the drawing considerably.  I really don't care how many numbers they add.  They can draw from 100 different numbers and we will still be talking about a maximum of 5 segments of 10 each or 50 numbers.

Root sums and other voo doo are merely rabbit chasing exercises.  The key is knowing which segment to pick your numbers from.

Orangeman   

Every lottery is divided into 20 segments, 10/10, but of the first 10 segments most lotteries only use from 0 to 5 digits at the most, but good point anyway, but nothing new.

But is is only part of a system and not the whole system.

Root sums and other voo doo are merely rabbit chasing exercises. You think !, I don't !

To see and not to see ! Or to see only a part, but not the whole.

Good luck to all.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19823 Posts
                Posted: March 19, 2005, 5:32 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by Developer on March 17, 2005

The powerball makes it hard to do this, 52/4 = 13 so we could use 13 sets of 4 numbers to ensure accuracy

It's MegaMillions that has 52 bonus balls and PowerBall that has 42.

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #1759
                  June 29, 2003
                  1156 Posts
                  Posted: March 22, 2005, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

How about letting the program forecast possible numbers too wheel based on the activity of the Charts and Graphs you have,some players aren't that good at reading charts and graphs for determining the best numbers to select for wheeling on there own.The player would select the amount of numbers too use say anywhere from 10-18 for Pick-5 and 12-20 for Pick6.So for example I decide I want to wheel 10 or 16 numbers in the Pick-5 the program would look at the best 10 or 16 numbers too suggest based on the information it gathers from the Charts and Graphs.Afterwards the program will display the numbers it has chosen for the player to use,then the player would select a 10 or 16 number wheel and if your budget doesn't allow you too play all the combinations from 10 or 16 numbers the player would add various "Filters" to reduce the combinations generated from the Full Wheel selected down to a reasonable or affordable level of play.

United States
                    Member #1759
                    June 29, 2003
                    1156 Posts
                    Posted: March 22, 2005, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

The program could also use Number Grouping to select numbers like so,in The FL Pick 5/36 you would seperate the numbers like this GroupA:(1-9)

GroupB:(10-19) GroupC:(20-29) and GroupD:(30-36) so for a 16 number Wheel you would need 4 numbers from each group and for a 12 number wheel you would need 3 numbers from each group or another method for selecting numbers would be this seperate the Even and Odd completely there are 18 Odd and 18 even numbers in a 36 number game so you could do this

18 Odd:1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23,25,27,29,31,33,35

18 Even:2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30,32,34,36

Then based on your selected number Wheel lets say 10 for example the program would select 5 numbers from the 18 Odd and 5 from the 18 Even

based on the data from the Charts/Graphs.And a final possible selction method would be this for an 18 number Wheel seperate all 36 numbers consecutively like so Section1=a:1,2,3-b:10,11,12-c:19,20,21-d:28,29,30

Section2=a:4,5,6-b:13,14,15-c:22,23,24-d:31,32,33

Section3=a:7,8,9-b:16,17,18-c:25,26,27-d:34,35,36

2 groups containing 6 numbers total would be chosen from all 3 Sections which gives you your 18 numbers too wheel and adding Filters will reduce the combinations to a playable level.Your Forecasting methods would be different for each number selection method due to the different categorical

techniques used for each.The 18 Odd/18 Even method could also select 8

Odd and 8 Even or 9 Odd and 9 Even for 16/18 numbers to Wheel anyway these are just some ideas I thought might be useful.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                      Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: March 22, 2005, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

It seems to me that those are very good ideas and yes I would like that on the program.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

United States
                        Member #1759
                        June 29, 2003
                        1156 Posts
                        Posted: March 22, 2005, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

Here's another variation on the Consecutives- Section1=a:1,2,3-b:4,5,6-c:7,8,9

Section2=a:10,11,12-b:13,14,15-c:16,17,18

Section3=a:19,20,21-b:22,23,24-c:25,26,27

Section4=a:28,29,30-b:31,32,33-c:34,35,36

Out of the 4 sections you would eliminate 1 section and from the 3 remaining sections you would select 6 numbers which gives you your 18 numbers to Wheel.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19823 Posts
                          Posted: March 22, 2005, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

Most lottery programs already include some system to pick numbers to play that make no sense, why add another one.  Picking hot,cold, odd, even, a mix or elimination of those groups have prove to be worthless in the past and doing the same thing in the future will likely produce the same results.  When someone comes up with a system or program that pick a group of numbers that consistently do better than a similar group of random numbers then they will have something.

RJOh 

Evil Looking       

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                            Member #9517
                            December 10, 2004
                            1272 Posts
                            Posted: March 22, 2005, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

How about some extra RNG buttons on the lottery software:

"I feel lucky today - give me the numbers",

"My horoscope say I will win - give me the numbers",

"I couldn't care less - just give me those f*cking numbers".

Somerset
                              United Kingdom
                              Member #9710
                              December 17, 2004
                              184 Posts
                              Posted: March 24, 2005, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

RJOH have you any suggestions?

Here is the latest update.

I am making a feature that is intresting but needs tweaking to make results above proberbility

I have given each number a weight, depending on how each number preforms over time the weight is increased or decreased.

The highest weighted numbers are used for the prediction

Factors to date include placments, pastdraw, times out, times out over specific periods,  hot, cold, statistical averages based on proven theroys in random numbers, i.e although 1,2,3,4,5,6 has mathmatically the same chance as any other combination it has never appeared in any lottery ever so this combination would not be considered as good as a much more random set of numbers.

Any ideas on how to rate numbers would be good

Regards Developer

Page 2 of 23