Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

vtracs....useless or not??

Topic closed. 206 replies. Last post 11 years ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 14
PrintE-mailLink
Tenaj's avatar - michellea
Charlotte NC
United States
Member #17406
June 18, 2005
4053 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2006, 12:22 pm - IP Logged
"Is it just me or does noone else see the fultility and uselessness in the vtracs system?"

I think that could be said about every system shared on LP. If there is a system that exists that, hands down, prevails over random expectation, it is kept under lock and key. I certainly never heard nor seen such a system. If it did exist, would there still be a lottery? I use vtracs, along with several other systems to come up with successful hits. I'm with the consensus that one system isn't the best, but a combination of several is worth it's weight - I don't think it's useless at all.

Yes NodVtrac is not useless and person who said it does not know any better.

takeemtothebank

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
    Member #5599
    July 13, 2004
    1185 Posts
    Posted: February 24, 2006, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

vtrac:

I see the talk, but I don't see the walk.

Can anyone show any degree of success on the prediction board?

I think that's all the originating post was asking for.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
      Charlotte NC
      United States
      Member #17406
      June 18, 2005
      4053 Posts
      Posted: February 24, 2006, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

I think there are couple issues here:

1) Humbleness-- It's one thing to say "Try this, it has worked for me", I'ts another thing to say "This is a good system". I find it very misleading, especially to the newer members of the LP.

2) Integrity-- Although, negative, some approaches, systems, and lessons need to be debunked for what they are. It is only way that the board as a whole can move forward to try new methods that might possibly work better.

3) Dominance--An over saturation of game (pick 3) by a limited group taking over the LP and alienating newbies and old timers alike. This could be taken as a negative comment but, the openeness of original ideas and variety and type of people submitting posts has changed dramatically since I originally became a LP member.

Just one persons opinion.

This is still the best lottery site on the web. 

Yes NodI think #3 is the problem.  And you are right.  This is the best lottery site on the web. 

takeemtothebank

United States
        Member #5599
        July 13, 2004
        1185 Posts
        Posted: February 24, 2006, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

vtrac:

Can anyone even state the efficiency of vtracs?

Is the approach accurate 90% of the time or 1% of the time?

Can anyone quantify ANYTHING about it?

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
          The Carolinas - Charlotte
          United States
          Member #21627
          September 12, 2005
          4138 Posts
          Posted: February 24, 2006, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

JKI

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

United States
            Member #21627
            September 12, 2005
            4138 Posts
            Posted: February 24, 2006, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

JKING

I am sure that someone could quantify the stats at some point, but it takes sooooooooooo much time to do workouts, especially for those that are gracious enough to do workouts FOR FREE mind you for all states. To keep up with the hits continually is something that would have to be done by NASA or the like who has the resources, and mainly the TIME to do this. Backtesting is hard enough to do but to then forward-test is just tough tough tough.

If you aren't pleased with any of the systems, my advice would be to go to the Predictors board, find out who has the best hit rate and play their numbers day in and day out. That would probably profit you some money in the long run. Use a progression bet if need be. There are all sorts of ways to win, but to single ONE method out that could lose just because you (a) don't understand it, or (b) don't feel like working it out, or (c) are just bitter from losing all the time, it's just not a good thing to do.

Take the time, do it right, and you will see that you can win on a consistent basis, especially if you use the right attitude.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Calgary
              Canada
              Member #9419
              December 7, 2004
              228 Posts
              Posted: February 24, 2006, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

JKING seems to be one of a few understanding what I am asking for.  It's simply proof, by calculation or testing with a half way decent sample.  From what I see about the system, it doesn't seem to have any real sensible basis for choosing it's numbers.  IT looks like just an exercise in arranging numbers, based on nothing.  I could make one up and do the same and would likely get some hits, and could show you, and say, hey look, I gto a hit this one time in one city out of all the cities in North America, it works, yeah for me.  But is that proof, is that evidence, no. 

From the majority of posters it seems like they are using it as a tool in their own "systems", not a system in itself.  Almost like a filter I suppose.  Which is fine, but please do not tought vtrac as a great, or even break even system when it has not been shown(proven) by anyone to produce the results. 

Now, everyone can take what I said as negative or whatever, that's fine.  I, however amd very analytical in my thought process and have used, developed many systems.  I've thought I had some that were working, until you test them long enough, you find out they all have their flaws.  Either, you were riding a favourable wave of random expectation that just so happens to cooincide with your method, or your just lucky that you system works for a bit.  But so far, each never seems to have the legs to stand up for long, or have any consistency in prediction. 

So, I'll say it again.....All I'm looking for is proof, empirical evidence, calculated or observed that vtracs does anything to beat out random expectatation.  I don't want b#tching, that I'm negative cause that is not helpful.  And if no  evidence is forthcoming, perhaps people should just get off vtracs and stop saying it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Which I'm thinking it's not, unless anyone has any proof.  Thanks.

Calgary
                Canada
                Member #9419
                December 7, 2004
                228 Posts
                Posted: February 24, 2006, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

BTW, I'm not bitter from losing with this system.  I like to do a lot of testing before I actually will spend money on it betting.  I believe it doesn't work because from the testing that I have done it doesn't.  Just the facts please. 

United States
                  Member #21627
                  September 12, 2005
                  4138 Posts
                  Posted: February 24, 2006, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

xavier

I understand what you are saying. I don't think anyone has ever touted vtracs as the greatest system since sliced bread. However, it CAN be used as a filter to help you narrow down your selections.

I am probably one of the few that will narrow down selections and apply a progressive betting strategy to it. It works for me. Does it work for others? Maybe not because they aren't willing to chase good money down with bad. But to use this filter along with others, such as OVERDUE Vtracs or OVERDUE Vtrac sums or OVERDUE Vtrac Root Sums, it can help you work with the mathematics of the game and perhaps grind out some wins.

Stooges

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23277 Posts
                    Posted: February 24, 2006, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

OK, so you're looking for proof of something?

Can you point out a single system anywhere that has proven that it works?  If so, please direct me to that post, because I am very interested in playing numbers from it!

If not, why would you choose to single out vtracs?  How about a more general question that says, "is ANY system worth anything?"

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                      Member #21627
                      September 12, 2005
                      4138 Posts
                      Posted: February 24, 2006, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

BTW, I'm not bitter from losing with this system.  I like to do a lot of testing before I actually will spend money on it betting.  I believe it doesn't work because from the testing that I have done it doesn't.  Just the facts please. 

To each their own...at least you are sensible enough to test before putting money down on it. With that, I commend you.

Once again, if Vtrac isn't for you, then try something that might be for you.

Stooges

United States
                        Member #21627
                        September 12, 2005
                        4138 Posts
                        Posted: February 24, 2006, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

OK, so you're looking for proof of something?

Can you point out a single system anywhere that has proven that it works?  If so, please direct me to that post, because I am very interested in playing numbers from it!

If not, why would you choose to single out vtracs?  How about a more general question that says, "is ANY system worth anything?"

Thanks for the help, Todd.

That's kind of where I was going...there is no on HOLY GRAIL system, or else there would be no lottery...each system is designed to give you the best chance at winning your number game.

Stooges

United States
                          Member #5599
                          July 13, 2004
                          1185 Posts
                          Posted: February 24, 2006, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

cps,

A question was asked about v-tracs. I thought it was a worthwhile question. My only promblem with vtracs is the question that was asked in the original post.

Is all the time spent on work outs even valid if vtracs contaminates everything they do? Is it misleading to promote a system that even the simplest facts are ignored or avoided? It makes me wonder and hopefully everyone else what is being promoted here?

Yes, I have my own systems and preferred ways after years of trying different things. I'm more concerned with the newer members being lead down a losing path under the pretense of a winniing element/method.

As it was put to me:

Take the time, do it right, and you will see that you can win on a consistent basis, especially if you use the right attitude.

Saleo Paleo's avatar - Trek DS9worm3.gif
                            E-Town,Ky
                            United States
                            Member #3493
                            January 25, 2004
                            6348 Posts
                            Posted: February 24, 2006, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

The Vtracs work well for anyone who wishes to use it ,there is the Pr's,the Stxs,the Astrology and so on and so forth,they all work to a degree,But there is not a perfect method,and there will never be one,so the solution is quit being so objective to everyone's system and do your own thing. 

Saleo Paleo    

United States
                              Member #21627
                              September 12, 2005
                              4138 Posts
                              Posted: February 24, 2006, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

JKING

I understand your concerns...but I just don't see how you would feel that people are saying vtracs are superior to any other information on here. If that is indeed the case, then yes, I would tend to agree with you in the sense that vtracs are not the be-all, end-all of lottery riches.

Stooges

Page 3 of 14