Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's with NY Sweet Million??

Topic closed. 516 replies. Last post 5 years ago by kapla.

Page 21 of 35
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3685 Posts
Posted: January 20, 2011, 8:32 am - IP Logged

NY cant do anything that would create more million dollar jackpot winners.  They'd quickly go broke if they did that.

How? NY needs 50% of sales for other social causes, that's given. With this in mind, they can design a game that would create more millionaire. This won't be applicable to SM but would be definately applicable to Lotto, powerball and mega million lotteries. NY doesn't have 100% control on last two lotteries.

I agree with rest of your post. The other thing is NY has so many lotteries, they could minimize the number games which will make the % of tickets sold in remaining games left to a higher level. what should be the  ultimate goal of NY states? to sell more lotto tickets so accordingly they can earn more money for social causes. If more winners means more people will play it. Why should they care how many winners are there?

Sorry, all of the comments I made were directed at Sweet Millions.  I should have said "NY cant do anything that would create more million dollar jackpot winners for Sweet Millions."

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
    Member #94616
    July 24, 2010
    4735 Posts
    Posted: January 21, 2011, 5:21 am - IP Logged

Ok, looks like SINGLE digits should be hitting soon ----

01/20/2011 121320323538
     01/17/2011 152629303739
     01/13/2011 111220243136
     01/10/2011 071213253033
     01/06/2011 121517202735
     01/03/2011 041415182840

we have ONLY had *2* single digits since the start of the year!!

and yes I agree with Givefive, if they want to do a promo to help sales try DOUBLING all the lower prizes (5 of 6 and less) for a week or 2!

Long Island, NY
      United States
      Member #57412
      January 3, 2008
      419 Posts
      Posted: January 24, 2011, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Lets get em boys and girls.  I keep breaking even with 3 of 6's for the most part.  I can't believe that I have not at least;  gotten a 5 of 6 yet with this game.

United States
        Member #94616
        July 24, 2010
        4735 Posts
        Posted: January 24, 2011, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

Looking for LOW numbers tonight !!!!

United States
          Member #94616
          July 24, 2010
          4735 Posts
          Posted: January 26, 2011, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Looking for LOW numbers tonight !!!!

Won $3 but spent $6 .. 

Last jackpot winner was Dec 20th, lets hope 2011 has MANY more JP winners!!!

Long Island, NY
            United States
            Member #57412
            January 3, 2008
            419 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2011, 12:23 am - IP Logged

The upcoming 1/31/11 draw seems to be loaded with past history clues. Followers, patterns etc....Look at past drawings and you'll see why I have picked some of the numbers below.

Here are some picks:

3-11-17-20 -24-30

4-11-17-24-25-36

4-15-18-24-26-37

3-10-17-18-21-37

10-15-17-23-24-37

17-23-25-30-36-37

10-12-17-23-30-38

10-17-18-25-37-40

I am not factoring in repeats or skips.....nor randomness.  Which could be a mistake.  Never-the-less; this draw should be interesting.

I'll also make my rounds of strategicly selected stores (as discussed in past posts) for some QP's

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3685 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2011, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

The upcoming 1/31/11 draw seems to be loaded with past history clues. Followers, patterns etc....Look at past drawings and you'll see why I have picked some of the numbers below.

Here are some picks:

3-11-17-20 -24-30

4-11-17-24-25-36

4-15-18-24-26-37

3-10-17-18-21-37

10-15-17-23-24-37

17-23-25-30-36-37

10-12-17-23-30-38

10-17-18-25-37-40

I am not factoring in repeats or skips.....nor randomness.  Which could be a mistake.  Never-the-less; this draw should be interesting.

I'll also make my rounds of strategicly selected stores (as discussed in past posts) for some QP's

Tonites drawing:  2 5 9 30 39 40

You did better than me... at least you had two numbers, 30 and 40.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
                Member #171
                April 7, 2002
                181 Posts
                Posted: February 1, 2011, 7:40 am - IP Logged

The "three free" SM promo is on for February, I'm so excited!!!!!

NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3685 Posts
                  Posted: February 2, 2011, 8:10 am - IP Logged

The "three free" SM promo is on for February, I'm so excited!!!!!

Yeah, I saw an ad for the 3-free promo on The NY lottery's website.

Hopefully it'll generate more player interest, and produce more JP's.  I can't help but wonder what The Lottery is going to do with SM.  This is the third 3-free promo since last summer.  It was originally offered in July, then extended into August, but even then, running the promo didnt produce many more JP's. 

If sales are low, and running a promo tells me they aren't good, what'll they do with it?  Pull the plug on it? Sorry to say, but I just dont see them keeping it if sales won't feed the bulldog.

I'll still play SM, as long as NY keeps it around anyway.

Watch the ICE Jacal!!!

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    11974 Posts
                    Posted: February 2, 2011, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I saw an ad for the 3-free promo on The NY lottery's website.

Hopefully it'll generate more player interest, and produce more JP's.  I can't help but wonder what The Lottery is going to do with SM.  This is the third 3-free promo since last summer.  It was originally offered in July, then extended into August, but even then, running the promo didnt produce many more JP's. 

If sales are low, and running a promo tells me they aren't good, what'll they do with it?  Pull the plug on it? Sorry to say, but I just dont see them keeping it if sales won't feed the bulldog.

I'll still play SM, as long as NY keeps it around anyway.

Watch the ICE Jacal!!!

I feel that the New york lottery does not get it.I feel that a $1 millions fixed prize for a 6/40 game is a complete rip off.It was supposed to be a 5/40 game, or change the take 5 game to a 5/40 game with a staring jackpot of $500 thousands.

I feel that mega millions is the best game to play regardless of the odds because it offers better prizes for a $1.By the way it is easier to win a 5/56 game than a 6/40 game.I hope you see my point. It is easier to have 5 numbers right to win a jackpot than 6 numbers.

When it comes to take 5.It offers the best odds to win in ny lottery, but i feel that playing $1 to win an average $50k jackpot is kind of funny.

I like mega millions more than powerball, although i play both because the prizes are higher for a $1 play, and it has better odds when it comes to picking 5 to win a life changing jackpot.

When the new york lottery changes the sweet million to a 5/40 game or even a 5/50 game,more will be playing the game.i feel that if they change it to 5/40 with a $1 million fixed prize, it might gives any other game a run for its money.i dare the new york lottery to change to a 5/40 game, at least for a year and lets see the results.

oh, and forget about the ny classic lotto.It is another complete rip off, even when you get two plays for $1.

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3685 Posts
                      Posted: February 2, 2011, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

I feel that the New york lottery does not get it.I feel that a $1 millions fixed prize for a 6/40 game is a complete rip off.It was supposed to be a 5/40 game, or change the take 5 game to a 5/40 game with a staring jackpot of $500 thousands.

I feel that mega millions is the best game to play regardless of the odds because it offers better prizes for a $1.By the way it is easier to win a 5/56 game than a 6/40 game.I hope you see my point. It is easier to have 5 numbers right to win a jackpot than 6 numbers.

When it comes to take 5.It offers the best odds to win in ny lottery, but i feel that playing $1 to win an average $50k jackpot is kind of funny.

I like mega millions more than powerball, although i play both because the prizes are higher for a $1 play, and it has better odds when it comes to picking 5 to win a life changing jackpot.

When the new york lottery changes the sweet million to a 5/40 game or even a 5/50 game,more will be playing the game.i feel that if they change it to 5/40 with a $1 million fixed prize, it might gives any other game a run for its money.i dare the new york lottery to change to a 5/40 game, at least for a year and lets see the results.

oh, and forget about the ny classic lotto.It is another complete rip off, even when you get two plays for $1.

I dunno Thrifty.

New Jersey's 5/40 game is Jersey Cash5 and it has 658,008 to one odds.  You dont see New Jersey offering a million dollar jackpot for Cash5.  It starts at $50,000 and rolls over if no winner. The JP can get to a million bucks, but that hasn't happened very often.

IMHO, New York would be crazy to offer a $1 million dollar fixed prize for a 5/40 game. Sure, there'd be a lot of ticket sales, and a lot of JP winners too, but would the game be as profitable as the state wants any given game to be?  I doubt it.

Long Island, NY
                        United States
                        Member #57412
                        January 3, 2008
                        419 Posts
                        Posted: February 3, 2011, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Here are some picks:

3-11-17-20 -24-30

4-11-17-24-25-36

4-15-18-24-26-37

3-10-17-18-21-37

10-15-17-23-24-37

17-23-25-30-36-37

10-12-17-23-30-38

10-17-18-25-37-40

Some picks for 2/3/11

Same Methodology as above

7-13-17-20-36-37

7-11-15-19-25-32

3-11-19-20-25-28

4-10-12-17-28-37

4-10-20-23-27-37

For fun...here is a random set I picked

13-17-25-29-34-37

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11974 Posts
                          Posted: February 3, 2011, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I dunno Thrifty.

New Jersey's 5/40 game is Jersey Cash5 and it has 658,008 to one odds.  You dont see New Jersey offering a million dollar jackpot for Cash5.  It starts at $50,000 and rolls over if no winner. The JP can get to a million bucks, but that hasn't happened very often.

IMHO, New York would be crazy to offer a $1 million dollar fixed prize for a 5/40 game. Sure, there'd be a lot of ticket sales, and a lot of JP winners too, but would the game be as profitable as the state wants any given game to be?  I doubt it.

I SEE YOUR POINT OF VIEW.I agreed, it is all about risk. You are right, risking $1 to win a million or more is not a bad deal even though sweet million is a 6/40 game.Some out the millions that play win some prizes.I guess that i'm becoming lazy when it comes to playing the lottery.Sometimes i feel that my time is too valuable to be going to a store to play games everyday regardless of the jackpot size.I still play sometimes even though 99.99999% of time i loose.

NY
                            United States
                            Member #103217
                            December 31, 2010
                            96 Posts
                            Posted: February 3, 2011, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

NY SM is running buy 5 get 3 free promotion. Why do they do that? Do you think it is because SM haven't had a winner in last few draws and hence they have surplus amount so they are able to offer such promotion? or they think it will spur the sales thereby paying for itself despite of freebies?

Also does anyone know if lottery sticks to the predetermined %?  like they say, 65% of sales go towards prizes. Do they stick to this? what happens when there is no winner for couple of weeks?

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3685 Posts
                              Posted: February 3, 2011, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

NY SM is running buy 5 get 3 free promotion. Why do they do that? Do you think it is because SM haven't had a winner in last few draws and hence they have surplus amount so they are able to offer such promotion? or they think it will spur the sales thereby paying for itself despite of freebies?

Also does anyone know if lottery sticks to the predetermined %?  like they say, 65% of sales go towards prizes. Do they stick to this? what happens when there is no winner for couple of weeks?

Sweet Millions has a "coverage" problem according to The NYS Lottery.  Last year, when this thread first began, Jacal5 wondered why there are so few Sweet Millions jackpot winners.  Jacal5 sent an e-mail to the NYS Lottery and asked why there were so few winners.  The Lottery responded to Jacal's question, and their answer was posted in this thread on about page 3 or 4.  Here's a a cut and past of the response:

Thank you for your e-mail.

It is still true that for $1, the Lottery's new Sweet Million game
                              offers the best odds of winning $1,000,000.  The odds of 1: 3,838,380 to
                              win the jackpot of $1,000,000 cash is over 3 times better than the
                              average $5 scratch off game, 6 times better than the odds to win the
                              Lotto jackpot and over 45 times better than your odds to win the Mega
                              Millions jackpot. However it's always about the sales.  Currently, we
                              have sales of about $500,000 per draw for the Sweet Million game, which
                              is only 1/8th of the odds to win the jackpot.  A large number of these
                              plays are duplicative as many people play similar numbers such as 1, 2,
                              3, 4, 5, 6, which mean we are only experiencing coverage of less than 8%
                              of the total possible number combinations that can be drawn (3,838,380).
                              Number coverage can have a direct impact on the frequency of winning the
                              jackpot prize and this is why it has been a while since someone has won
                              the game.  It is equally important to note that the money allocated to
                              pay jackpots, as well as all prizes, is just waiting to be won.  The
                              odds do not change, and if more than 1 person wins on a draw, they each
                              get $1,000,000.  Playing Sweet Million always gives the player the best
                              chance to win $1,000,000 as compared to any other game we have,
                              regardless if 1 person plays or if 100,000,000 play.  Currently, low
                              playership is resulting in a dearth of winners and we are experiencing a
                              period of no jackpot winners but as odds and probability evens out over
                              time, we will have periods of more winners than expected within a given
                              level of sales.

The bottom line is the NYS Lottery doesnt sell enough SM tickets to produce a JP winner very often.  If they only sell 7% of all possible 6 number combinations, that means 93% of the possible 6 number combinations go unsold.  Obviously, the winning 6 number combinations are in the 93% of combinations that arent sold.

Page 21 of 35