Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's with NY Sweet Million??

Topic closed. 516 replies. Last post 5 years ago by kapla.

Page 15 of 35
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3707 Posts
Posted: October 19, 2010, 5:43 am - IP Logged

I went against my own so called "good advice", and bought an SM QP yesterday.

I got 5 12 13 14 15 19..... 

This is why I normally dont buy  QP's for any game.

NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3707 Posts
    Posted: October 19, 2010, 8:33 am - IP Logged

This is just a tough game for me to get a handle on the best stategies to apply as I follow the numbers drawn.

With the Oct. 18th draw, I was at least able to trace most numbers drawn as followers in an intricit path.  Something I am missing in developing a better forecasting method.

For now I am am playing my own picks AND.....QP's from the crappiest stores I come across.  Although, this time around, the store the winner came from is in a pretty good area..and 7 Elevens are usually in clean neat shape.

So far, my own picks have been much more accurate fairly consistently.   I bought 5 Q's tonight and they all sucked.  While I had 2 of 6 in a few lines (nailed the 9-15)

Do you use software to track/trend followers, or would that be something you do manually with a spreadsheet?

The reason I ask is because while I have seen the subject of "followers" mentioned a few times on various lottery websites, there usually isnt many details about it.  I would think it would be easier to spot trends using software as opposed to tracking following numbers manually.

I'm relatively new to tracking/analyzing numbers, but one thing I've learned is that there are as many methods that people use to forecast lottery numbers as there are numbers themselves!  I've tried many of the techniques I've read about, but followers is one that I'd like to try simply because I havent yet tried it.

Long Island, NY
      United States
      Member #57412
      January 3, 2008
      419 Posts
      Posted: October 19, 2010, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Do you use software to track/trend followers, or would that be something you do manually with a spreadsheet?

The reason I ask is because while I have seen the subject of "followers" mentioned a few times on various lottery websites, there usually isnt many details about it.  I would think it would be easier to spot trends using software as opposed to tracking following numbers manually.

I'm relatively new to tracking/analyzing numbers, but one thing I've learned is that there are as many methods that people use to forecast lottery numbers as there are numbers themselves!  I've tried many of the techniques I've read about, but followers is one that I'd like to try simply because I havent yet tried it.

I do it manually.  Look at every number that drew on 10/18 (such as the 9) and you will find an adjacency in the previous draw that includes that number.

I just picked some of the wrong followers.

This method does not work all the time for this game.

United States
        Member #94230
        July 16, 2010
        14 Posts
        Posted: October 19, 2010, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Do anyone use random number generator in this website to help QP their number? Although you still need to fill in slips, you can be lazy and need not worry about the generation of three, or four, or five consecutive numbers.

Long Island, NY
          United States
          Member #57412
          January 3, 2008
          419 Posts
          Posted: October 21, 2010, 2:18 am - IP Logged

My first round of picks for 10/21

13-18-31-23-8-5

24-40-31-17-34-18

6-13-22-30-18-28

5-24-30-13-17-23

All followers.  Many conform to the hot/lukewarm/cold etc....method as well.

Will I be surprised if most of the winning numbers (are OR are not) above? Not a bit.

I wish I had $100 bucks (at least) to devote to this one game each draw.

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3707 Posts
            Posted: October 21, 2010, 9:17 am - IP Logged

Yesterday, I saw something very creative that I've never seen before. It might possibly help increase the sales of Sweet Millions tickets, but I have no idea how it could be propigated to other lottery retailers. (Or if they'd even be willing to do it.)

I stopped to buy milk, bread and a Take5 ticket at a convenience store located near my home.  On the checkout counter next to the cash register and lottery terminal, was a display stand with four or five one dollar Lotto quick pick tickets clipped into it.  A handwritten sign at the bottom of the stand said "Lotto Quick Picks - $1.00 each"  (The stand was about 3 feet high and is normally used to display small bags of potato chips that clip on to the stem of the stand.  The clerk referred to it as a "tree display" and it looked like it could hold about a dozen or so tickets. I think some tickets had already been sold because the clips were empty.)

I mentioned to the clerk that it I thought it was a clever idea. The woman replied, "Yeah, we do it when sales of Lotto tickets are larger than usual because the jackpot is big."   I asked what do they do if they dont sell all of the tickets.  She replied that typically all the tickets end up being sold, but if there are any left over, about a half hour before the drawing, either the staff buys them or they cancel them.

I asked do they let customers look at the numbers and pick and choose among them?  She replied "Sure. Be my guest."  Selling QP's this way also speeds up getting a customer through the checkout. 

Maybe on Monday's and Thursday's stores could do the same thing with SM tickets..... just a thought

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3707 Posts
              Posted: October 21, 2010, 9:32 am - IP Logged

My first round of picks for 10/21

13-18-31-23-8-5

24-40-31-17-34-18

6-13-22-30-18-28

5-24-30-13-17-23

All followers.  Many conform to the hot/lukewarm/cold etc....method as well.

Will I be surprised if most of the winning numbers (are OR are not) above? Not a bit.

I wish I had $100 bucks (at least) to devote to this one game each draw.

Downand Dirty,

Now that SM is a little more than a year old, do you think there's enough history to do a quality job of analyzing numbers? 

I have absolutely no idea of how much data is needed for a good analysis to be performed.  (And I dont know that I know what "good analysis even is!")  As for NY's other online jackpot games, there's tons of history available so it must not be an issue there.  But with SM, I dont know if it is an issue or not.  There's no shortage of websites that put out hot, cold and overdue stats on SM, so I guess they think there's enough historical data.

Long Island, NY
                United States
                Member #57412
                January 3, 2008
                419 Posts
                Posted: October 22, 2010, 1:06 am - IP Logged

10/21

6-8-11-23-31-35

So I had four of the numbers drawn in my selection.  One 3 of 6.

Of course a years worth of data is a nice sample base for any type of analysis.  I always review the entire year prior to look for clues.

With the NY Lottery website,  it is easy to scroll through a year of draws.  I am not a computer software user,  so I am sure certain applications would apply there.  No one has come forth yet on this site having done a computer analysis..so lets see what the future brings.

United States
                  Member #94616
                  July 24, 2010
                  4735 Posts
                  Posted: October 23, 2010, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

10/21

6-8-11-23-31-35

So I had four of the numbers drawn in my selection.  One 3 of 6.

Of course a years worth of data is a nice sample base for any type of analysis.  I always review the entire year prior to look for clues.

With the NY Lottery website,  it is easy to scroll through a year of draws.  I am not a computer software user,  so I am sure certain applications would apply there.  No one has come forth yet on this site having done a computer analysis..so lets see what the future brings.

5, 20, 22 are the coldest only hitting 11 times for the whole game

27, 38 hit 23 times

4, 24 hit 24 times

not much but its a start

Long Island, NY
                    United States
                    Member #57412
                    January 3, 2008
                    419 Posts
                    Posted: October 25, 2010, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

Draw 10/25/10

2-4-20-24-28-33

I played:

2-10-17-20-28-33

United States
                      Member #94230
                      July 16, 2010
                      14 Posts
                      Posted: October 26, 2010, 1:33 am - IP Logged

So, you win $40, how do you analyze such a outcome? or just a QP?

United States
                        Member #171
                        April 7, 2002
                        181 Posts
                        Posted: October 30, 2010, 8:01 am - IP Logged

That was a great call, DownandDirty, congrats. on the $40.  I had the 2 and 4 as the first two numbers on my QP, and then nothing else, what a big disappointment, I hate when that happens!   I am in a Sweet Million slump for the last few weeks at least, I can't get 3 numbers on QP's to save my life, after I had a streak of winning something on SM almost every week, right through the last promo week ($5/3 free), but I haven't being buying $5.00 worth of tickets on each drawing, only $3.00.  On the promo weeks, I hit the $3.00 about 3 times on the 3 free lines, the rest of my SM money was hit on the paying $5.00 ticket.  A few drawings back I decided to picked my own numbers, I included 15 and 24, because my grandparents passed away on those days in October, and they both came out, I played 10 for October, but 9 came out instead, and I didn't have any other matching numbers, another losing ticket.

My Mom won her $500 QP on the 3 free lines, maybe it's worth it to spend at least $5.00 or more on each drawing to get more frequent hits and more of a chance to win the big one.

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11982 Posts
                          Posted: October 31, 2010, 10:33 am - IP Logged

That was a great call, DownandDirty, congrats. on the $40.  I had the 2 and 4 as the first two numbers on my QP, and then nothing else, what a big disappointment, I hate when that happens!   I am in a Sweet Million slump for the last few weeks at least, I can't get 3 numbers on QP's to save my life, after I had a streak of winning something on SM almost every week, right through the last promo week ($5/3 free), but I haven't being buying $5.00 worth of tickets on each drawing, only $3.00.  On the promo weeks, I hit the $3.00 about 3 times on the 3 free lines, the rest of my SM money was hit on the paying $5.00 ticket.  A few drawings back I decided to picked my own numbers, I included 15 and 24, because my grandparents passed away on those days in October, and they both came out, I played 10 for October, but 9 came out instead, and I didn't have any other matching numbers, another losing ticket.

My Mom won her $500 QP on the 3 free lines, maybe it's worth it to spend at least $5.00 or more on each drawing to get more frequent hits and more of a chance to win the big one.

JACAL5, I wrote a few posts on lottery post about why i feel that is better to play $5 quick pick in lottery games.By the way most sweet millions jackpot winners won with $5 quick pick. But the true of the matter is that when you are meant to win, you will will whether you play $1QP OR $100QP.I feel that my luck is better when i play in buck of $5QPS. I usually play a $5 partial quick pick or just $5 quick pick, it is also easier to control your spending when you play with $5.

GOOD LUCK.

United States
                            Member #171
                            April 7, 2002
                            181 Posts
                            Posted: November 1, 2010, 7:26 am - IP Logged

Today I am getting my $5.00 QP on Sweet Million, thanks for reminding me that's the better way to go, but I go to different places and get five single tickets.  It's nice to see a post from you Thrifty, you haven't posted here for awhile!

Long Island, NY
                              United States
                              Member #57412
                              January 3, 2008
                              419 Posts
                              Posted: November 2, 2010, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I do the same thing (I went to 5 different stores).  Crap for the 11/1 drawing.  However, I always get at least two numbers per line from my own picks.

The fact that most wins come from QP's just encourages folks to be lazy... IMHO

You can wait to get lucky...or make your own luck.

I do both.

Page 15 of 35