Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's with NY Sweet Million??

Topic closed. 516 replies. Last post 5 years ago by kapla.

Page 14 of 35
PrintE-mailLink
Elmont.NY
United States
Member #91803
May 25, 2010
438 Posts
Posted: October 7, 2010, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

http://www.smartluck.com/free-lottery-tips/newyork-sweet-million-640.htm

You guys might be interested in the link above since you are looking for SM numbers to play.

Good Luck!

Thanks Jacal.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
    NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3707 Posts
    Posted: October 7, 2010, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Same here have been playing take-5 ever since it came out won 2nd prize about 6 times not 1st prize yet,thanks for the three numbers will play them for Thursday.GOOD LUCK

OK Fast... I bought the SM numbers! 

I wasnt gonna let just you win a million bucks!  I figured if I didnt play those numbers, they'd surely hit, and I'd be left holding the bag while you were floatin around on Cloud 9!  I figured better safe than sorry!

Congrats on all the Take5 2nd's.  Wish I knew what it feels like to win a second place prize, but I'd rather skip winning 2nd and go straight to 1st.........

United States
      Member #94616
      July 24, 2010
      4735 Posts
      Posted: October 7, 2010, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Still working the 1, 39 cold and 4, 24 hot for $ 5 in partial QP

Since I hit on the 3 way ($40.00) I put a little on SM tonight, working the numbers above.

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11982 Posts
        Posted: October 8, 2010, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Since I hit on the 3 way ($40.00) I put a little on SM tonight, working the numbers above.

I also hit $40 last night. It feels great to play with the house money.  The lottery is a game of chance, you will never win if you do not play. I always try to play based on the amount of money that winners played to win.  I'm trying post as many winners on my blog http://masterrothschild.blogspot.com/ as a playing reference.MY FAVORITE IS CHRIS SHAW THAT WON $258 MILLIONS POWERBALL JACKPOT WITH $5 QUICK PICK.

United States
          Member #94445
          July 20, 2010
          13 Posts
          Posted: October 10, 2010, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

I bought 2 SM tickets, won $3.  SM has best odds for $1m.  I stopped playing MM as odds for jp are too large, but 1:3.9m for $250k is worse than SM's for $1m.  Thus, Pick10 is a rip-off, PB is $200k - 1:5m, Take5 jp is small, only leaves Lotto & SM.

Low number of winners simply means low number of players as they are hoping to win $50-$300m instead of a low $1m; which is a big mistake!  Scratch-offs are even played more than SM.

NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #90535
            April 29, 2010
            11982 Posts
            Posted: October 10, 2010, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

I bought 2 SM tickets, won $3.  SM has best odds for $1m.  I stopped playing MM as odds for jp are too large, but 1:3.9m for $250k is worse than SM's for $1m.  Thus, Pick10 is a rip-off, PB is $200k - 1:5m, Take5 jp is small, only leaves Lotto & SM.

Low number of winners simply means low number of players as they are hoping to win $50-$300m instead of a low $1m; which is a big mistake!  Scratch-offs are even played more than SM.

The reason why playing mega millions and powerball is a better choice is at the following threads http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/216951 , http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/214432/1705860 written under my username, when i win a big prize you will see the actual winning ticket posted here at lottery post and at my blog http://masterrothschild.blogspot.com/ for the world to see.

United States
              Member #171
              April 7, 2002
              181 Posts
              Posted: October 12, 2010, 9:01 am - IP Logged

GiveFive:  I hope you purchased a SM quick pick with consecutive numbers.  Did you see last night's SM numbers (16,21,25,34,35,36)?  Maybe we shouldn't knock consecutive numbers, they will come out if we wait long enough! (lol)

I only had 25 on my SM, my October birth date.

Speaking of consecutive numbers, did you see the NY Pick4 number on October 9?  It was 1234,  the NY Lottery lost bucks on that one, there were 1,227 straight winners, and 4,165 box winners, many more Pick4 winners than usual.

I saw my birth date and birth year (2552) on two license plates in the Bronx yesterday, so I may play it straight and box one day this week. The $1.00 bet on a 6 way box with two pairs pays out $800, so I will back up my large straight bet (haven't decided what amount yet) with $1.00 box bet, it's worth it.

Maybe the NY lottery player's Trick Or Treat this month is consecutive numbers coming out (lol).

Did any posters here see the shows "How the Lottery Changed my LIfe" on cable this week?  A female doctor who was head of the ER at Jackson Memorial in Miami won a multi-million dollar lottery from $6.00 worth of tickets purchased in the hospital gift shop, none of her co-workers congratulated her, they were all jealous and said she didn't need the money, she received telephone death threats on her job, and her car brakes were tampered with, so she was forced to move into a gated community in Florida with her family.  Maybe we are all better off being multi-million dollar losers!

United States
                Member #94616
                July 24, 2010
                4735 Posts
                Posted: October 15, 2010, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

WHOLY CRAP SOMEONE WON A MILLION - ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!

October 14, 2010 Sweet Million Drawing - 1 Jackpot Prize Winner 

October 14, 2010 Sweet Million Winning Numbers:
                1 - 14 - 16 - 21 - 26 - 27
                Prize
                Level
                Numbers
                Matched
                Prize
                Amount
                No. of
                Winners
                First6 out of 6$1,000,000.001
                Winning Counties: Suffolk(QP)

Retailer Locations:

• 7-ELEVEN #33345A, 3269 SUNRISE HIGHWAY, ISLIP TERRACE
                Second5 out of 6$500.0021
                Third4 out of 6$40.00905
                Fourth3 out of 6$3.0013,066

United States
                  Member #94230
                  July 16, 2010
                  14 Posts
                  Posted: October 15, 2010, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I have read this forum from the beginning, but I notice that it has declining posts recently, so I post something starting from today.

There is ultimately a JP winner in SM from Oct 14 drawing from Islip Terrace, Suffolk County. Does it mean people does not need to buy SM ticket in the upcoming weeks because it takes another few months to produce another JP winner?

United States
                    Member #171
                    April 7, 2002
                    181 Posts
                    Posted: October 16, 2010, 6:50 am - IP Logged

Congratulations to the winner, they should invest the $660,000 they get after taxes in one of the taxed advantaged mutual funds which are paying a 14% yield right now while the price per share is still low, in about 4 years they will get their million just from the dividends, and maybe make more money in capital gains if the economy improves and the mutual fund's price per share goes up.

pattyk's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                      Williamstown, NY
                      United States
                      Member #82142
                      November 7, 2009
                      335 Posts
                      Posted: October 17, 2010, 9:54 am - IP Logged

QP for 10/18:

2, 4, 6, 12, 23, 31

Good luck players!!!

pattyk's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                        Williamstown, NY
                        United States
                        Member #82142
                        November 7, 2009
                        335 Posts
                        Posted: October 17, 2010, 10:01 am - IP Logged

I have read this forum from the beginning, but I notice that it has declining posts recently, so I post something starting from today.

There is ultimately a JP winner in SM from Oct 14 drawing from Islip Terrace, Suffolk County. Does it mean people does not need to buy SM ticket in the upcoming weeks because it takes another few months to produce another JP winner?

NY Lottery started this game saying there would be up to 6 million dollar jackpots available per game. If more than 6 people win, then the jackpots get divided up between the winners---but you are right on the amount of jackpot wins there are, they come few and far between. But who wants to pass up a chance at a million for only a dollar & a dream??????

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                          NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3707 Posts
                          Posted: October 18, 2010, 11:49 am - IP Logged

NY Lottery started this game saying there would be up to 6 million dollar jackpots available per game. If more than 6 people win, then the jackpots get divided up between the winners---but you are right on the amount of jackpot wins there are, they come few and far between. But who wants to pass up a chance at a million for only a dollar & a dream??????

"But who wants to pass up a chance at a million for only a dollar and a dream?"

My complements to Pattyk.  She understands that there is no correlation between the frequency of Sweet Millions jackpots being won, and a better chance to win a million dollars. The infrequent JP's that have been won does not negatively impact the over all odds of winning a million dollars.  If more SM tickets are sold, (many more than are currently being sold) the frequency of JP winners will increase. 

As has been discussed earlier in this thread, due to the low volume of SM sales, there is a corresponding  lower "coverage" of the possible 3.8 million six number combinations that could be drawn. That's the root cause of the lack of jackpot winners.  The average lottery player perceives a "problem" with SM because it hasnt produced a lot of jackpot winners. As a result they refuse to buy SM tickets, which will only prolong the "problem". What most players dont understand is that there is no connection between the number of JP's won, and the overall odds of winning a JP. It isn't The New York Lottery's fault there have been so few SM jackpot winners. 

Over 90% of the possible 3.8 million six number combinations go unsold for each SM drawing.  That means less than 10% are sold. That's very low "coverage" of the pool of 3.8 million combinations that could be drawn. 

To me, this underscores something that I have felt is true for a long time.  Only a minority of regular lottery players are truly "Lotto savvy".  I'm not saying most people are stupid.  Far from it. I believe because most people understand that the lottery's odds are stacked astronomically against them,  they dont bother to put any effort into tracking and analyzing numbers.  They prefer the convenience of buying Quick Picks.  And it's very likely they dont have the extra time needed to focus on any particular game anyway.  Also, to be fair to people who do not track numbers, it could also be that many players are dissatisfied with the lower tier prize payouts for Sweet Millions.  I too would call five hundred dollars for a second place win rather puny given the degree of difficulty in matching 5 out of 6 numbers drawn.

Long Island, NY
                            United States
                            Member #57412
                            January 3, 2008
                            419 Posts
                            Posted: October 19, 2010, 1:26 am - IP Logged

This is just a tough game for me to get a handle on the best stategies to apply as I follow the numbers drawn.

With the Oct. 18th draw, I was at least able to trace most numbers drawn as followers in an intricit path.  Something I am missing in developing a better forecasting method.

For now I am am playing my own picks AND.....QP's from the crappiest stores I come across.  Although, this time around, the store the winner came from is in a pretty good area..and 7 Elevens are usually in clean neat shape.

So far, my own picks have been much more accurate fairly consistently.   I bought 5 Q's tonight and they all sucked.  While I had 2 of 6 in a few lines (nailed the 9-15)

United States
                              Member #94230
                              July 16, 2010
                              14 Posts
                              Posted: October 19, 2010, 2:44 am - IP Logged

I need to say that I live in Raleigh, North Carolina, not New York. However, for family reasons, I travel to New York City several times a year (as I will go to Bronx to visit my relatives the upcoming Christmas). As I don't have too much time in New York, compared to residents, I usually save money to buy tickets strategically when I am present in New York City. I find the drawing game lottery in New York more various and attractive.

I am a fan of Sweet Million. Sweet Million is definitely a superb game if your wish is to be a moderately wealthy person, rather than the super rich. Given its odds and your wish to be a "two-third" millionaire after tax, it is very worthy to save your MM and PB money to spend them on Sweet Million instead. When I was in New York City this August, I used the "Buy-5-get-3-free" promotion to buy a total of $20 of tickets across four drawings. I got a total of 32 lines, with 12 free QP. On one line in the QP ticket on Aug 12, I won $40 for matching 6 + 13 + 25 + 32. That was the highest prize I earned. However, I have not claimed the prize yet because I had to leave New York that night before the drawing. I will definitely claim it in December when I am in New York again. I had also previously won three $3 prizes, and have claimed all of them.

There is no SM game in NC (there is no in-state six-ball game at all). What I would play is Cash 5 only (NY Take 5 equivalent). I am not a big fan of PB or MM because it is too difficult to win anything. In North Carolina Cash 5 it is also pick 5 from 39 balls. While NY Take 5 has no rollover, which means second prize winners will benefit if there is no JP winner that day, NC Cash 5 has a growing JP starting from $50,000 and the highest one reached from 2006 to now is $1.1 million. That means, if there was no other winner in that drawing, you could actually buy all lines to surely win. (The odd is 1:575757). Actually, you could even avoid five consecutive duplicate some lines such as 1,2,3,4,5 to reduce your cost. But I tell you this is only a theoretically possible event but an impractical joke because you may not have enough money (at most $575757) or time (one day) to finish all tasks. Also, even if you were the store owner, your terminal would be shut down by the lottery agency because of inapproporiate use if you used it that way. In addition, because high prizes are pari-mutuel, you would end up losing money if there is more than one winner. Finally, the tax withholding make you lose one-third in the first place.

Another contrast between NY Take 5 and NC Cash 5 is that if you match 3 out of 5 balls in NY, you would normally get $20 or more, but the case is $4 or $5 in NC, given the same probability. This may be attributed to the difference in payout distribution. There is a much lower Take 5 JP in NY, usually lower than $100,000, but in NC it can reach as high as $1.1M, as mentioned before.

The compare and contrast between NC Cash 5 and NY Take 5 may not be relevant to this SM forum, but it draws my attention for so long that I want to share it here. But what I think is that if you are a Take 5 regular player (1:8.8 overall odd ) or Pick 10 player (1:17 overall) , the overall odd of SM (1:29) may not be good enough, and the lower tier prize is definitely not attractive at all. If I just want to win $3 or $40 or $500, I would go either Take 5 or Pick 10, not SM. I play SM just for the "easier but still difficult" wish of winning two-third a million.

Page 14 of 35