Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's with NY Sweet Million??

Topic closed. 516 replies. Last post 5 years ago by kapla.

Page 8 of 35
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #94616
July 24, 2010
4735 Posts
Posted: August 31, 2010, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

The SM promo of buy 5 get 3 free ends after Mondays draw so......

NOOOOO they extended it through September!... I was only going to play again if I hit on Take 5 First!!!! Its hard not to take advantage of the 3 for 5 deal....each ticket is actually $0.625 

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
    NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3815 Posts
    Posted: September 2, 2010, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

Well, I bought the SM promo today...looking over the numbers I got didnt thrill me.  I bought 5 partial QP's and of course, the other three freebie's were QP's.

I probably need my head examined, but......... today I created a spreadsheet with all 100 drawing of SM.  I've been reading The Net, and doing some "analysis" on the SM numbers.  I've learned a few things already. For instance, a 3-even 3-odd split hasnt happened as much as I expected that it would.  A 4/2 split seems to be a little more common. 

The average sum of the drawn numbers (or mid-point sum) is 123.  The range to play is a sum from 95 to 151.

I think the key thing is whether or not the extended promo produces any JP winners in Sept.  There's no doubt that SM has far better odds than any 6/49 game, but for me personally, the jury is still out on SM.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

ny
      United States
      Member #88765
      March 22, 2010
      319 Posts
      Posted: September 2, 2010, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

bought $20 worth of the sweet million promotion which i got 12 more lines free...from different stores....total of 32 lines!!! a new month...have been playing every drawing since sweet million came out.....good luck everyone....time for me to hit the jackpot Party

Long Island, NY
        United States
        Member #57412
        January 3, 2008
        419 Posts
        Posted: September 3, 2010, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Draw 9/2/10

15-17-22-23-35-37

I have mentioned (in addition  to playing my own picked numbers) that I have been randomly stopping at crummy stores along my way and buying single (just one) QP's.  Heres one I got today:

15-17-21-24-31-37

Ain't that a kick in the can?

United States
          Member #94616
          July 24, 2010
          4735 Posts
          Posted: September 3, 2010, 5:33 am - IP Logged

Draw 9/2/10

15-17-22-23-35-37

I have mentioned (in addition  to playing my own picked numbers) that I have been randomly stopping at crummy stores along my way and buying single (just one) QP's.  Heres one I got today:

15-17-21-24-31-37

So was that a QP or your numbers?

United States
            Member #171
            April 7, 2002
            181 Posts
            Posted: September 3, 2010, 8:17 am - IP Logged

YES!!!  I did it again, I got 4 numbers on Sweet Million last night, 15, 17, 22, and 37!   This time the winning numbers were on the $5.00 ticket, not the freebie!  My losing numbers were 01 and 02, not very close to the other winning numbers; 23 and 35.  On Monday I won $3.00 on the freebie ticket.  Now I can play SM for the rest of September on you guys, so thanks for contributing to the SM pool, hopefully one of us can win the big one someday! I'm going to miss the SM promotion when it ends!

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3815 Posts
              Posted: September 3, 2010, 9:04 am - IP Logged

Play it again Sam!

September 2, 2010 Sweet Million Drawing -No Jackpot Prize Winners 

September 2, 2010 Sweet Million Winning Numbers:
              15 - 17 - 22 - 23 - 35 - 37
              Prize
              Level
              Numbers
              Matched
              Prize
              Amount
              No. of
              Winners
              First6 out of 6$1,000,000.000
              Second5 out of 6$500.0030
              Third4 out of 6$40.001,429
              Fourth3 out of 6$3.0020,569

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

ny
                United States
                Member #88765
                March 22, 2010
                319 Posts
                Posted: September 3, 2010, 9:52 am - IP Logged

wow out of the 32 sets of qp i had...most i got was 2 numbers......Bang Head

NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3815 Posts
                  Posted: September 3, 2010, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

wow out of the 32 sets of qp i had...most i got was 2 numbers......Bang Head

Keep playin brothadan.....

Somebody's gotta win it and it might as well be you, or me!

I feel for ya... not too long ago I bought 20 bucks worth of Take5 tickets.  All I got was one crummy Free Play.

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3815 Posts
                    Posted: September 3, 2010, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Draw 9/2/10

15-17-22-23-35-37

15-17-21-24-31-37

You better stop goin in those crudzo lotto joints Dirty!

Cuz I know what's gonna happen!  You're gonna win the Jackpot and have to go back there for the photo op with Gretchen Dizer or Yolanda Vega.  They sure as hell wont appreciate you draggin their behinds to the po side of town!!  They'll probably wanna kick your butt for it!

I can see the headlines on The Back Page of The New York Post now;

Yolanda Vega kicks Lotto Winner's ass in Ghetto Brawl 

United States
                      Member #94616
                      July 24, 2010
                      4735 Posts
                      Posted: September 4, 2010, 5:11 am - IP Logged

You better stop goin in those crudzo lotto joints Dirty!

Cuz I know what's gonna happen!  You're gonna win the Jackpot and have to go back there for the photo op with Gretchen Dizer or Yolanda Vega.  They sure as hell wont appreciate you draggin their behinds to the po side of town!!  They'll probably wanna kick your butt for it!

I can see the headlines on The Back Page of The New York Post now;

Yolanda Vega kicks Lotto Winner's ass in Ghetto Brawl 

What I would love to see is the "Little bit of Luck" character announce the Take 5 numbers one night!! That would be cool!

NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3815 Posts
                        Posted: September 4, 2010, 8:00 am - IP Logged

What I would love to see is the "Little bit of Luck" character announce the Take 5 numbers one night!! That would be cool!

Kapla,

You actually like that little dude??

As for me, I'd like to get in a brawl with him and kick his ass!!

United States
                          Member #94616
                          July 24, 2010
                          4735 Posts
                          Posted: September 4, 2010, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Kapla,

You actually like that little dude??

As for me, I'd like to get in a brawl with him and kick his ass!!

Not that I like him but it would be fun to see him call the numbers!  And maybe since most people feel like you do about him each night they could have a 'guest' player that Kicks him off screen if they lose!!! 

United States
                            Member #171
                            April 7, 2002
                            181 Posts
                            Posted: September 4, 2010, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Today I went to one of my favorite Lottery retailers to cash in my $40.00 SM ticket, and the girl said, "New management took over today and one of the first things we did was get rid of the Lottery machine, but you can get your money at the pharmacy next door!"  I told her that I don't buy tickets there and I would go to another (favorite) retailer on the other side of town to cash it in and buy my NY Lotto and PB tickets for tonight.   This place had a $56 million dollar NY Lotto winner last year, I can't believe the new management got rid of the lottery machine, I am very disappointed that I have to find a "new favorite place" to diversify my luck, especially since I've had a lucky run with SM the last few months and purchased a few winners at this place.  The Irish couple who won the $56 million are lucky the new management didn't take over last year before they purchased the big winning ticket (it was a QP)!

United States
                              Member #171
                              April 7, 2002
                              181 Posts
                              Posted: September 7, 2010, 9:31 am - IP Logged

My Mom missed the million last night by ONE NUMBER, she had five numbers and won $500.00!  She said the only reason she picked up the $5.00 ticket was because of me,  she sees my Sweet Million tickets around the house all the time and heard me talk about the September promo (maybe she will give me a tip, lol). She won on the freebie, I still can't believe she came so close, she matched 10,29,30,31, and 33 (she had number 6, but 34 came out instead).  I read on the NY Lottery web-site that only 35 people won $500 and she was one of them.  The ironic thing is I never buy my tickets where she purchased her winning one because it's too close to our house and I told her the store didn't feel lucky to me (lol).

Mom got confused about Sweet Million, she wrote down the SM numbers down last night, and went to bed thinking that she had only matched four numbers because she thought the 5th matching number she had was like the Mega number!  When I woke up this morning she asked me if I had the SM numbers so I looked on-line and as she was reading her ticket aloud and I told her that she had 5 numbers and SM doesn't have an extra ball like Mega, and she was still asking me if I was sure she won $500.  Actually, if she was playing MM and had 4 numbers and the Mega number she would have won $10,000, or if she had all 5 numbers in MM (like she did on SM) she would have won $250,000, but she didn't realize that because of her confusion, and I suspect she was thinking she won more than $500 on SM for matching 5 numbers because she's not familiar with the prize amounts for SM.

Don't worry, Mom won't waste the money you guys put in the SM pool, she is on a fixed income and the money will come in very handy, I'm so happy for her, she plays NY WIN4 a few times a week and hasn't won anything in a long time, and a few nights ago she played 9253, but 9250 came out instead and she was very disappointed, so I told her to keep trying and she will win soon, but I never thought she would win SM!

Well, I was almost the daughter of a millionaire which would have made me a millionaire someday!  I didn't have 3 matching numbers last night, the first time in three draws that I ended up winning nothing. I hope the next time I post here it will be to say that Mom or I won the big one , we'll keep trying!

Page 8 of 35