Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's with NY Sweet Million??

Topic closed. 516 replies. Last post 5 years ago by kapla.

Page 7 of 35
PrintE-mailLink
Long Island, NY
United States
Member #57412
January 3, 2008
419 Posts
Posted: August 23, 2010, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

So..while I got two 3 of 6's on my own picked numbers.....on a lark, I have started buying a few QP's at really crappy stores I pass in my travels during the day.  Here's what I got today.

Draw:

8/23/10

3-9-12-17-21-27

My Quick Pick:

3-9-12-21-23-31

Big $40 bucks baby!

added to my own two wins.....we are talkin a grand total of $46 beans momma!

United States
    Member #94616
    July 24, 2010
    4735 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2010, 4:38 am - IP Logged

So..while I got two 3 of 6's on my own picked numbers.....on a lark, I have started buying a few QP's at really crappy stores I pass in my travels during the day.  Here's what I got today.

Draw:

8/23/10

3-9-12-17-21-27

My Quick Pick:

3-9-12-21-23-31

Big $40 bucks baby!

Nice hit, the 3 had been missing for a while.

United States
      Member #171
      April 7, 2002
      181 Posts
      Posted: August 24, 2010, 7:27 am - IP Logged

Good for you!  I was just going to check the NY Lottery web-site for the Sweet Million numbers after I read the posts here, but now I don't have to because you posted the SM numbers and guess what?  I have three numbers on two lines on my QP, one win on the $5.00 ticket and one win on the freebie! 

I'll take the small wins to defray the cost of playing a bit, my MM tickets will be free today!

Again, no big SM winner.........

I  played the Ct. Lucky for Life for the first time, for yesterday's draw,  I have to go and check the numbers, so wish me luck, you brought me good luck on my SM tickets, maybe you should post the numbers all the time! (lol)

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
        NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3707 Posts
        Posted: August 24, 2010, 8:02 am - IP Logged

Draw:

8/23/10

3-9-12-17-21-27

My Quick Pick:

3-9-12-21-23-31

Big $40 bucks baby!

"Really crappy stores"?  Is that where all the luck is located???

Wait til I tell the owner of that really crappy deli down the street why I think his store is so lucky!

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
          Member #94616
          July 24, 2010
          4735 Posts
          Posted: August 25, 2010, 4:35 am - IP Logged

Draw:

8/23/10

3-9-12-17-21-27

My Quick Pick:

3-9-12-21-23-31

Big $40 bucks baby!

Just noticed Mondays #'s one EVEN number and the rest are ALL ODD!!! 

numbers before that 2-11-14-18-24-38 was ONE odd and the rest EVEN.... strange....

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3707 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2010, 10:23 am - IP Logged

Hee hee hee hee heeeeeeee!!!  It's muh lucky day!

There I was!  Walking outta the Post Office this mornin contemplatin which numbers I was gonna pick for tonites Sweet Millions draw (it's Thursday, so I was figurin on playin 5 bucks so I could get me the three free promo) when I looked down and lo and behold there's a 5 buckaroo-ski staring me in the face!  You shonuff know what ahmoan do with that, dontcha?  Yep! That's what ahmoan do alright... double down and get me two free three's!!  Why not???  Wouldn't you??

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
              Member #94616
              July 24, 2010
              4735 Posts
              Posted: August 26, 2010, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Hee hee hee hee heeeeeeee!!!  It's muh lucky day!

There I was!  Walking outta the Post Office this mornin contemplatin which numbers I was gonna pick for tonites Sweet Millions draw (it's Thursday, so I was figurin on playin 5 bucks so I could get me the three free promo) when I looked down and lo and behold there's a 5 buckaroo-ski staring me in the face!  You shonuff know what ahmoan do with that, dontcha?  Yep! That's what ahmoan do alright... double down and get me two free three's!!  Why not???  Wouldn't you??

It was a SIGN!!! Good luck tonight!!!

United States
                Member #171
                April 7, 2002
                181 Posts
                Posted: August 26, 2010, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Give5; If I don't win the million tonight, I hope you do!

NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3707 Posts
                  Posted: August 26, 2010, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

It was a SIGN!!! Good luck tonight!!!

Thanks everybody....

I kinda thought it was a sign myself....

I played a total of 16 games and I had all 6 numbers.... on 4 different tickets on 12 different lines...

Most I had was two numbers in one game.... That wont getcha nuthin!

United States
                    Member #94616
                    July 24, 2010
                    4735 Posts
                    Posted: August 29, 2010, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

The SM promo of buy 5 get 3 free ends after Mondays draw so......

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3707 Posts
                      Posted: August 30, 2010, 8:01 am - IP Logged

The SM promo of buy 5 get 3 free ends after Mondays draw so......

Ya know, looking back at it, I think there was only one winner of a million dollars during the whole promo!

I'm tempted to play tonight, but I dunno...we'll see...

Something's not right with SM... if in fact there was only one winner in August, and they cant generate enough extra ticket sales to expand the prize pool by using a promotion so as to produce more winners, then I have to believe SM wont make it.

United States
                        Member #171
                        April 7, 2002
                        181 Posts
                        Posted: August 31, 2010, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

The Sweet Million promo has been extended throughout September, I'm glad they extended it, because I won something on the 3-free ticket 3 times during August, I won three bucks again on the freebie ticket on Monday night.  The only jackpot game I haven't won anything when playing is NY Lotto, I think I will stop playing that one, or just play it for $1.00 and continue to play SM, MM, and PB for 5 bucks each.

One player in Fl. won PB on Sat. night, 5 out of 5 for $200,000, if the winner did the Power Play, it was 4 times,  the winner would have won a million according to the payout table, but $200,000 times 4 is $800,000. Why is the prize one million, instead of $800,000?  I don't get it.....

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3707 Posts
                          Posted: August 31, 2010, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

The Sweet Million promo has been extended throughout September, I'm glad they extended it, because I won something on the 3-free ticket 3 times during August, I won three bucks again on the freebie ticket on Monday night.  The only jackpot game I haven't won anything when playing is NY Lotto, I think I will stop playing that one, or just play it for $1.00 and continue to play SM, MM, and PB for 5 bucks each.

One player in Fl. won PB on Sat. night, 5 out of 5 for $200,000, if the winner did the Power Play, it was 4 times,  the winner would have won a million according to the payout table, but $200,000 times 4 is $800,000. Why is the prize one million, instead of $800,000?  I don't get it.....

Well, it's nice the SM promotion was extended, but once again, despite the promotion, there was no million dollar winner last Monday night.  The game is comming up on it's first anniversary, yet in nearly 104 drawings it has produced maybe a half dozen JP winners.  I think many would be players want to see it do better than that before they'll commit to playing it regularly.

It's not that I want to see the game go away. In my opinion what NY needs to do is enhance the lower tier prize payouts so as to attract more players.  That might increase the prize pool enough to see more jackpots be won. More JP's might mean even more players. 

It will be interesting to see how many jackpots are won in September now that the promotion has been extended.

NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92609
                            June 10, 2010
                            3707 Posts
                            Posted: August 31, 2010, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

Well, it's nice the SM promotion was extended, but once again, despite the promotion, there was no million dollar winner last Monday night.  The game is comming up on it's first anniversary, yet in nearly 104 drawings it has produced maybe a half dozen JP winners.  I think many would be players want to see it do better than that before they'll commit to playing it regularly.

It's not that I want to see the game go away. In my opinion what NY needs to do is enhance the lower tier prize payouts so as to attract more players.  That might increase the prize pool enough to see more jackpots be won. More JP's might mean even more players. 

It will be interesting to see how many jackpots are won in September now that the promotion has been extended.

My apologies to The State of New York Lottery....

There have been 9 Jackpot winners of SM since it began on 9/17/09.

And the buy 5 get 3 free promotion is working, because the number of prizes in each category ($500, $40, $3)in August was higher than in July.  For example in July there was a range of 1,026 to 1,495 $40 winners, where as in August the range was 1,400 to 1,772.

What's harder to see, is that 8 of those 9 JP's were won in the first six months of the games history. After March 18th, the number of Jackpots won fell off a cliff.  I think that's due to the game being new in Sept, Oct and Nov etc. After it's newness wore off, it seems to me that player interest in the game has declined.

New York
                              United States
                              Member #78280
                              August 11, 2009
                              123 Posts
                              Posted: August 31, 2010, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

8-15-24-30-35-40

5- 8-12-27-30-40

Page 7 of 35