Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's with NY Sweet Million??

Topic closed. 516 replies. Last post 5 years ago by kapla.

Page 3 of 35
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
673 Posts
Posted: July 4, 2010, 1:26 am - IP Logged

There hasn't been a Sweet Million million dollar winner since March 13.  If the odds are so much better (about 1 out of 4 million) than NY Lotto, Powerball or Mega Millions, why are there so few winners?  Are the Sweet Million tickets not selling, I don't get it?

I was going to play this when I was in NY last spring, but I noticed nobody ever wins so I put my dollar elsewhere.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
    West Side of Sunny Florida
    United States
    Member #55048
    September 8, 2007
    3371 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2010, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

I was thinking about this Sweet Millions thread I started because I was in Mamaroneck, NY last Thursday and picked up one Sweet Million quick pick ticket at Stop and Shop, and I matched three numbers, two numbers missed by one, and the last number was in the 30's, like my last number was. Too bad I can't say I won more than $3.00, but  maybe next time Ill get luckier.  Actually I won more than $3.00 this week, because I had Powerball number 3 in last night's drawing.  I will cash in my big winnings (lol) on Tuesday.

Anyway, a few days after I started this thread, I e-mailed the NY Lottery and asked them why there are so few winners in the Sweet Million game, and they told me the amount of players and said many players usually pick popular combos like 1,2,3,4,5,6, so the winners have been infrequent so far, but that could change at any time.

Wait a minute!!! THEY said that is due to the 'strange' numbers that players pick??? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That is nuts!!! 

All numbers have the same chance of coming in, so its not the players! If you notice the winners are mostly in the first 3-4 months after that it slows way down.   Thats because people started noticing how few people win the million and gave up!! Why are they running more promo's then any other game they have? Cus sales are down!! 

I can't believe they blamed the players! Thumbs Down Sulk Off

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

United States
      Member #171
      April 7, 2002
      181 Posts
      Posted: July 5, 2010, 7:06 am - IP Logged

Here is the NY Lottery response to my question regarding the lack of Sweet Million winners:

Thank you for your e-mail.

It is still true that for $1, the Lottery's new Sweet Million game
      offers the best odds of winning $1,000,000.  The odds of 1: 3,838,380 to
      win the jackpot of $1,000,000 cash is over 3 times better than the
      average $5 scratch off game, 6 times better than the odds to win the
      Lotto jackpot and over 45 times better than your odds to win the Mega
      Millions jackpot. However it's always about the sales.  Currently, we
      have sales of about $500,000 per draw for the Sweet Million game, which
      is only 1/8th of the odds to win the jackpot.  A large number of these
      plays are duplicative as many people play similar numbers such as 1, 2,
      3, 4, 5, 6, which mean we are only experiencing coverage of less than 8%
      of the total possible number combinations that can be drawn (3,838,380).
      Number coverage can have a direct impact on the frequency of winning the
      jackpot prize and this is why it has been a while since someone has won
      the game.  It is equally important to note that the money allocated to
      pay jackpots, as well as all prizes, is just waiting to be won.  The
      odds do not change, and if more than 1 person wins on a draw, they each
      get $1,000,000.  Playing Sweet Million always gives the player the best
      chance to win $1,000,000 as compared to any other game we have,
      regardless if 1 person plays or if 100,000,000 play.  Currently, low
      playership is resulting in a dearth of winners and we are experiencing a
      period of no jackpot winners but as odds and probability evens out over
      time, we will have periods of more winners than expected within a given
      level of sales.   

Thank you for your interest in the New York Lottery.

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11979 Posts
        Posted: July 5, 2010, 10:17 am - IP Logged

Here is the NY Lottery response to my question regarding the lack of Sweet Million winners:

level of sales.   

They should make the second prize a non fixed amount.  How about this, make sweet millions a 5/40 game with the same odds and the jackpot starting at $500k which increases with every drawing until somebody wins.

BY THE WAY THEY JUST GAVE US THE SECRET TO WIN ANY LOTTERY IN the response to your question.  I knew it all this time.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

pattyk's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
          Williamstown, NY
          United States
          Member #82142
          November 7, 2009
          335 Posts
          Posted: July 5, 2010, 10:25 am - IP Logged

This month--if you buy $5.00 take 5 on one ticket, Mondays or Thursdays, you get a $2.00 Sweet Million quick pick. Just bought my Take 5's for the week & got the free Sweet Million chances!!!

NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #90535
            April 29, 2010
            11979 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2010, 8:16 am - IP Logged

THE POWER OF $1

Sweet millions needs to get sweeter either by allowing the jackpot to roll or becoming a 5/40 game.  I will continue to play ONE QUICK PICK PER DRAWING.  NY LOTTERY winning sweet million with ONE QUICK PICK will bring fame and fortune to sweet million  and anybody that wins it.  So it is time to let go the sweet $1 million dollar.NEW YORK LOTTERY YOU HAVE TO GIVE TO RECEIVE.Patriot

United States
              Member #171
              April 7, 2002
              181 Posts
              Posted: July 10, 2010, 9:11 am - IP Logged

Maybe the NY Lottery is hording the Sweet Million money waiting for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 to come out in case they have to payout 5 million in one drawing!

BTW, I couldn't figure out what you said is the secret to winning the lottery in the NY Lottery's response to my letter regarding the lack of Sweet Million winners.  Is the secret not to play 1,2,3,4,5,6  because it never comes out?

I won't tell anyone if you let me in on the secret! ( lol)

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11979 Posts
                Posted: July 11, 2010, 6:49 am - IP Logged

Maybe the NY Lottery is hording the Sweet Million money waiting for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 to come out in case they have to payout 5 million in one drawing!

BTW, I couldn't figure out what you said is the secret to winning the lottery in the NY Lottery's response to my letter regarding the lack of Sweet Million winners.  Is the secret not to play 1,2,3,4,5,6  because it never comes out?

I won't tell anyone if you let me in on the secret! ( lol)

This is the secret.  According to the ny lottery, there is not a lot of jackpots winners for sweet million because the pool of players playing the game is too small. Therefore a small number of the total combinations is being purchased. No wonder mega millions and powerball produce more winners regardless of the hard odds to win. In other words , all you have to do is play mega millions, powerball,take 5 with $1 quick pick to win big at the expense of those players that play for a lot of money. That is why I have seen people winning powerball,mega millions and take 5 with 1 line all the time. I have given you guys the secret to win big at lotteries for free.  You might say that mega millions and powerball have a larger pool of players because they are not played only in new york.  For example, ny lotto and sweet million have fewer winners than new york take 5 because a larger number of the total combinations to win take 5 are played on every draw.  Therefore playing ONE QUICK PICK TICKET GIVES YOU AS MUCH CHANCES AS ANYBODY ELSE. I wrote a post in more details at the following link http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/216951LOOK AT IT TO ATTRACT WEALTH

United States
                  Member #171
                  April 7, 2002
                  181 Posts
                  Posted: July 11, 2010, 8:18 am - IP Logged

I read your posts on both threads,  now I understand from your explanation that when playing MM and PB, it's like being in a lottery pool, except the amount of money contributed by each player isn't the same like in a regular pool, so the smart players can take advantage of the players betting big money to get into the same pool, but it will only cost them $1.

For several weeks now I have been playing the $5 quick pick on MM, PP, and NYLotto, and $1 on Sweet Million.  I always ask for five single line tickets (of course on NY Lotto I get the two lines on one ticket) instead of getting the five lines all on one ticket because I find the numbers repeat too much on each line when I purchase 5 lines on one ticket, so a miss on a few lines with one repeated number is too costly, but this can work in a player's favor if the repeated number comes out.  One time a customer on a lottery line asked me why I was purchasing single tickets, so I told him, and during the course of our conversation, I found out that his uncle, who won $14 million in the NY Lotto drawing about 5 years ago, lives on my street.  Sometimes I will go to different lottery retailers and purchase single tickets for the same drawing until I get up to my $5 limit.

Thanks so much for your reply to my post,  now I understand that your scanned photo of George was the key to unlocking the secret.

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    11979 Posts
                    Posted: July 11, 2010, 10:31 am - IP Logged

level of sales.   

jacal5, you got the secret, but you missed one little thing about it.  It is true that purchasing multiple lottery tickets improve your chances of winning, but you also loose more in the short run.  Lotteries can only be won in the short run, and one single quick pick ticket per drawing extend the short-term for as long as you want to in order to win.  By the way, it does not matter how you purchase your lottery tickets, five lottery lines on a $5 quick pick is the same as 5 single quick pick lines for the same draw.  You still have 5 chances of winning either way.  The location is not important either, when the universe wants you to win, you will win regardless of where you buy the ticket.  So buy the ticket any place your heart tells you to.

If you read the lottery response to your question carefully, they also tell you that the playership(POOL OF PLAYERS) is very low for sweet million, therefore resulting in no jackpot winners.  They also said that the odds and probability of winning will even out in the future when the playership(pool of players) increase over time. So you don't have to wait for that to happen in sweet million, you can play mega millions, powerball, take 5 or ny lotto for $1 QUICK PICK PER DRAW in order to minimize your losses and maximize your chances. Playing $1 quick pick in ny lotto makes sense because the playership or pool of players increase as the jackpot rolls.YOU CAN ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE FOR $1 QUICK PICK IN ANY LOTTERY GAME POOL.  REMEMBER EVERY LOTTERY GAME IS A JUST A BIG POOL OF PLAYERS IN ITSELF.  When it comes to having two lines in a ny lotto ticket, it does not matter it is still one ticket, what matters is how much you spend per drawing. Oh about the dollar bill, it is for good luck, i feel that when you look at it, it attracts wealth.  If you point the mouse on it, it will say GOOD LUCK DOLLAR.attract wealth with a $1

United States
                      Member #171
                      April 7, 2002
                      181 Posts
                      Posted: July 14, 2010, 7:44 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the "Lucky Buck"  and all your interesting info about the Lottery games, it's much appreciated!

United States
                        Member #55048
                        September 8, 2007
                        3371 Posts
                        Posted: July 16, 2010, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

And still no jackpot winners in months!! I am only playing when I get the $2 QP's for buying $5 of Take 5 on Mondays & Thursday's.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                          NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3705 Posts
                          Posted: July 16, 2010, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

And still no jackpot winners in months!! I am only playing when I get the $2 QP's for buying $5 of Take 5 on Mondays & Thursday's.

The total pool of tickets sold cant be very big, that's why so few JP winners.  Seems as if even the Take5 promotion for 2 free QP's isnt getting the job done.

It's too bad, because Sweet Millions does have the best odd's to win a million, and it isnt para-mutuel.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
                            Member #55048
                            September 8, 2007
                            3371 Posts
                            Posted: July 18, 2010, 8:33 am - IP Logged

The total pool of tickets sold cant be very big, that's why so few JP winners.  Seems as if even the Take5 promotion for 2 free QP's isnt getting the job done.

It's too bad, because Sweet Millions does have the best odd's to win a million, and it isnt para-mutuel.

Yea it would be cool to see 3,4 or even 5 jackpot winners in one play!

So you, me a a couple of other Lotter Post players - a ALL LP win!!!

United States
                              Member #171
                              April 7, 2002
                              181 Posts
                              Posted: July 20, 2010, 2:06 am - IP Logged

I keep getting three numbers in Sweet Million, the other three just don't want to match my ticket, but I'll keep trying.  Looking at the past short list of Sweet Million winners, I was surprised to learn one winning quick pick ticket was purchased at a lottery retailer a few minutes from my house, but I never go there to get tickets, maybe I should start!  I know of four lottery retailers close to my house where multi-millions have been won already, sometimes I go to those stores to get my tickets, lightening does strike twice sometimes, like today when the same house in my county that was struck by lightening last year, got struck my lightening again in today's storm, so it does happen.

When 1,2,3,4,5,6 comes out, you will see multiple winners in one game.

Page 3 of 35