Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 2:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's with NY Sweet Million??

Topic closed. 516 replies. Last post 5 years ago by kapla.

Page 16 of 35
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #171
April 7, 2002
181 Posts
Posted: November 4, 2010, 3:40 am - IP Logged

Twice this week I was a victim of lottery retailers mistakes on PB, I asked for the Power Play, but received a regular PB ticket, the retailers wanted me to accept the regular ticket and pay for another one with the Power Play, but I refused and told the retailers to resell the PB tickets that I didn't ask for, and I walked out of the stores, which forced me to go to other stores for my PB with Power Play tickets.  I learned not to pay for my lottery tickets before I get the tickets in my hands (like a sometimes do) until I get the proper ticket first.

pattyk's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
    Williamstown, NY
    United States
    Member #82142
    November 7, 2009
    335 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2010, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

QP's for tonight:

01, 08, 09, 24, 35, 36

02, 15, 30, 33, 36, 38

Good luck players!!!!!

United States
      Member #171
      April 7, 2002
      181 Posts
      Posted: November 5, 2010, 10:32 am - IP Logged

pattyk:  If I were you, I wouldn't post your QP numbers, other players might play them and you might end up having to split a 5 million dollar jackpot with 6 or more people instead of having the million for yourself, provided all your numbers come out !

Anyway, my Sweet Million slump was broken last night, I had three numbers, 2, 24, 27, (SM numbers 2, 8, 17, 24, 27, 28), another big $3.00 win, and I have no idea were I purchased my winner, the store was either in Elmsford, Valhalla, or the Bronx.  I will use my winnings to buy a PB ticket on Saturday.

The Pick4 number (2552, was played straight and box) I played on October 25, my birthday, came out boxed (2525) yesterday as I watched Thursday's mid-day drawing, so I missed the winning number and $800 by 11 days, I was upset about that, my $3.00 SM win last night didn't quite make up for my disappointment yesterday!  I had $10.00 on the 2552 straight purchased on my birthday, if the straight number came out yesterday instead of the box, I would be even more depressed today, since I would have lost out on winning $50,000 by only 11 days!

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
        NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3818 Posts
        Posted: November 5, 2010, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

pattyk:  If I were you, I wouldn't post your QP numbers, other players might play them and you might end up having to split a 5 million dollar jackpot with 6 or more people instead of having the million for yourself, provided all your numbers come out !

Anyway, my Sweet Million slump was broken last night, I had three numbers, 2, 24, 27, (SM numbers 2, 8, 17, 24, 27, 28), another big $3.00 win, and I have no idea were I purchased my winner, the store was either in Elmsford, Valhalla, or the Bronx.  I will use my winnings to buy a PB ticket on Saturday.

The Pick4 number (2552, was played straight and box) I played on October 25, my birthday, came out boxed (2525) yesterday as I watched Thursday's mid-day drawing, so I missed the winning number and $800 by 11 days, I was upset about that, my $3.00 SM win last night didn't quite make up for my disappointment yesterday!  I had $10.00 on the 2552 straight purchased on my birthday, if the straight number came out yesterday instead of the box, I would be even more depressed today, since I would have lost out on winning $50,000 by only 11 days!

Jacal,

While I do agree with you that people really shouldnt post numbers because others might play them, ask yourself this question; 

Who plays Sweet Millions?  Answer: Hardly anybody!  Couple that with the fact that there's probably only a half dozen people that read and post in this forum.  There might be some people who only read this forum, but my guess is there aint a lot of 'em. 

So I kinda think the threat of another person playing pattyk's numbers aint all that big! Now if this forum was discussing Mega Millions or Powerball, that'd certainly be a horse of a different color!

United States
          Member #171
          April 7, 2002
          181 Posts
          Posted: November 5, 2010, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

GiveFive: That's a funny post, you made my day, especially since I am still sulking over the $800 Pick4 number I lost out on by only 11 DAYS, and of course being one year older now doesn't thrill me to death either!

Maybe the six of us who post here should play pattyk's SM numbers so we can split the 5 million with her and have a BIG PARTY!!!!!

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3818 Posts
            Posted: November 5, 2010, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

GiveFive: That's a funny post, you made my day, especially since I am still sulking over the $800 Pick4 number I lost out on by only 11 DAYS, and of course being one year older now doesn't thrill me to death either!

Maybe the six of us who post here should play pattyk's SM numbers so we can split the 5 million with her and have a BIG PARTY!!!!!

Glad I could help you get thru the day Jacal. 

As for me, I never play Pick3 or Win4.  Dont ask me why, cuz I dont know why.  It's simply that I dont play them.

Ya know, lottery players in NY State are kind of crazy.  They wont play SM because they see so few jackpots being won. But what does that have to do with the best odds of winning a million dollars?  The answer is; absolutely nothing!  Why people make a connection between the the low number of jackpots being won and the odds of winning one is a mystery to me.  Did you see that the latest SM winner had also won a lotto jackpot?  She played lotto with a group of people at her job and they split a jackpot.  Obviously she knows there's no connection between the number of jackpots being won and the best odds of winning a million bucks.   

PS: pattyk's numbers LOST last nite, so we'll have wait on the party.....  I didnt play SM last nite, and to tell you the truth, I cant remember the last time I played.  I think it may have been in September while the promo was on.  And, I dont track/analyze the SM numbers.  I focus on Take5 instead. (Not that that's doing me any good!)

United States
              Member #94230
              July 16, 2010
              14 Posts
              Posted: November 6, 2010, 5:49 am - IP Logged

I wonder why fewer and ferwe people posted on this forum - It is a meaningful discussion of the value of the Sweet Million games. Actually, I wonder whether the lottery officials are reading this forum. If not, they should. The lottery post website is actually a channel for collecting opinions from a group of interested citizens. They can know what can be improved on Sweet Million from the opinion of loyal, occasional, or non players.

I choose not to pay Pick 3 or Win 4 as well because of its overall odds is too high for even a boxer ticket, when compared with Cash 5 (1 in 9), Pick 10 (1 in 17), and Sweet Million (1 in 29).

Here is a sadly tantalizing situation. If you played a regular numbers every draw, and then you did not play it any more, and one day it came out to be the jackpot winning number, you would be extremely unhappy.

Of course, the best way to resolve that dilemma is either to play every drawing the same line of number or not to play at all. But what if I don't want to play every drawing (I still play occasionally), but was in fear of losing that kind of accident jackpot in the drawing where I didn't play or I didn't play the line that would won? My way is to play QP, check the QP numbers after drawing, and throw the tickets away immediately if not won. I have a weak memory. I will forget what I play on QP last month.

This seems a little bit stupidly cheating myself but works for me.

Of course, for those who cares the issue and have a strong memory of past numbers, this does not apply.

United States
                Member #171
                April 7, 2002
                181 Posts
                Posted: November 6, 2010, 8:38 am - IP Logged

Glad I could help you get thru the day Jacal. 

As for me, I never play Pick3 or Win4.  Dont ask me why, cuz I dont know why.  It's simply that I dont play them.

Ya know, lottery players in NY State are kind of crazy.  They wont play SM because they see so few jackpots being won. But what does that have to do with the best odds of winning a million dollars?  The answer is; absolutely nothing!  Why people make a connection between the the low number of jackpots being won and the odds of winning one is a mystery to me.  Did you see that the latest SM winner had also won a lotto jackpot?  She played lotto with a group of people at her job and they split a jackpot.  Obviously she knows there's no connection between the number of jackpots being won and the best odds of winning a million bucks.   

PS: pattyk's numbers LOST last nite, so we'll have wait on the party.....  I didnt play SM last nite, and to tell you the truth, I cant remember the last time I played.  I think it may have been in September while the promo was on.  And, I dont track/analyze the SM numbers.  I focus on Take5 instead. (Not that that's doing me any good!)

Occasionally I wll put ten bucks on PICK4 straight number, the odds are 1 out of 10,000 that I can win $50,000 with a $10.00 bet, I bet that beats the odds of winning $50,000 on a slot machine, and a slot player spends much more money than $10.00 trying to win the big jackpot on the slots.

I didn't know that the SM winner also won a lotto jackpot, isn't that something?  A long time ago I posted that my one of my neighbor's relatives won a lotto jackpot twice, once in the Bronx, and once in Mahopac.  His story is on the NY lottery web-site, at least it used to be. 

At least get yourself in every SM drawing with a buck, GiveFive!

Well, since you cheered me up so much the other day, I'm in a good mood today so I'm taking MetroNorth into NYC  today (I haven been on that train in years, I usually drive downtown), and I'm going to cash in my big SM win of $3.00 and get a PB ticket in NYC, where most of the jackpot winners buy their tickets, so WISH ME LUCK so that the universe guides me to the right lottery retailer so I can win the BIG ONE tonight!

United States
                  Member #171
                  April 7, 2002
                  181 Posts
                  Posted: November 6, 2010, 8:58 am - IP Logged

I wonder why fewer and ferwe people posted on this forum - It is a meaningful discussion of the value of the Sweet Million games. Actually, I wonder whether the lottery officials are reading this forum. If not, they should. The lottery post website is actually a channel for collecting opinions from a group of interested citizens. They can know what can be improved on Sweet Million from the opinion of loyal, occasional, or non players.

I choose not to pay Pick 3 or Win 4 as well because of its overall odds is too high for even a boxer ticket, when compared with Cash 5 (1 in 9), Pick 10 (1 in 17), and Sweet Million (1 in 29).

Here is a sadly tantalizing situation. If you played a regular numbers every draw, and then you did not play it any more, and one day it came out to be the jackpot winning number, you would be extremely unhappy.

Of course, the best way to resolve that dilemma is either to play every drawing the same line of number or not to play at all. But what if I don't want to play every drawing (I still play occasionally), but was in fear of losing that kind of accident jackpot in the drawing where I didn't play or I didn't play the line that would won? My way is to play QP, check the QP numbers after drawing, and throw the tickets away immediately if not won. I have a weak memory. I will forget what I play on QP last month.

This seems a little bit stupidly cheating myself but works for me.

Of course, for those who cares the issue and have a strong memory of past numbers, this does not apply.

I feel the same way as you, that's one reason I use QP's instead of picking my own numbers, picking my own numbers is too frustrating, like what happened to me on Thursday when the boxed number I picked on my own and played 11 days earlier came out but I didn't buy it on Thursday when the number did come out!

DON"T THROW AWAY YOUR QP TICKETS  because you can use them as a tax write-off to offset any big winnings you may receive!  I have a drawer with all my losing lottery tickets from 2010 (and there are lots of them), so I am hoping I can win something BIG before year end so I can use the losers to offset a BIG WIN.  Case in point: On the last week of December 2009, my brother's friend won $10,000 on Mega Millions, and only received $6,400, and people were asking him if he had any losing tickets to offset his win, but he didn't save his losing tickets.  Whenever I see people leaving losing scratch-off tickets on a bench in the mall, I immediately go over and pick them up and put them in my purse.

United States
                    Member #171
                    April 7, 2002
                    181 Posts
                    Posted: November 7, 2010, 7:49 am - IP Logged

I just read on a web-site that lotteries say pick your own and QP's win 50/50, but 80% of players use QP's and win 50% of the time, but only 20% pick their own numbers and win 50% of the time, so the odds of winning are really much better if you pick your own numbers, so I will stop buying QP's all the time and pick some of my own numbers (as I used to do), like some posters here have told me to do!

United States
                      Member #171
                      April 7, 2002
                      181 Posts
                      Posted: November 7, 2010, 8:36 am - IP Logged

I had nothing on PB, my Mom matched the PB number and matched one number so she won $16.00.  I noticed there were 10 multi-state winners (1 QP sold in Brooklyn), who won second prize for matching five numbers for $200,000, if they had the Power Play (4X) for an extra dollar, they would have been millionaires instead!  Only one winner in SC became a second prize millionaire with the Power Play, and the top prize was won also (100 million plus).  I addressed the 4X Power Play before on this thread, Power Play 4X $200,000 is only $800,000, but I guess they make it a million, like winning the 5X Power Play.  I never play PB without the Power Play, not shelling out another buck for the Power Play isn't a smart move, I'm sure the 10 second place winners who got screwed out of a million last night are sadly aware of that fact today!

Long Island, NY
                        United States
                        Member #57412
                        January 3, 2008
                        419 Posts
                        Posted: November 8, 2010, 1:11 am - IP Logged

Once again, the upcoming 11/8/10 drawing is set up for followers as a pattern or indicater of possible outcomes.  The drawing of 11/4 featured 2-8 as the first two numerical numbers drawn.  If you look at recent history, this 2-8 has come up twice in the last month or two.  The numbers that followed were:

3-19-27-28-32-33

2-9-13-15-26-31

Should we be surprised if some of the numbers drawn on 11/8 include some of the above numbers?

Here are my first round of picks which includes these and other historic followers.  Sorry that I don't list my predictions in numerical order:

23-19-11-39-9-5

3-19-33-15-26-9

6-35-1-15-26-21

9-4-18-35-26-11

36-15-6-9-10-25

28-35-3-26-31-18

19-35-4-27-31-7

That pesky number 2 is bothering me.  I hope it dosent repeat.

I will make a few more picks during a second session.  I always recomend folks do this.  Amazing what you can see sometimes if you take a second fresh look. As always, I wish I had $100 just to play this game.

United States
                          Member #171
                          April 7, 2002
                          181 Posts
                          Posted: November 8, 2010, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I called the New York Lottery and asked the rep to explain how Power Ball with Power Play works.  The Power Play multiplier doesn't come into play when 5 numbers (second prize) are matched without the Power Ball number, in other words, if a player matches 5 numbers they win a million dollars, as long as they played an extra dollar for the Power Play, the multiplier (4x on Nov. 6) only matters if a player wins less than first or second prize, like it did when my Mom matched one number AND the Power Ball number with the Power Play, so she won $16.00 instead of $4.00

Again, even though I was mixed up regarding how the Power Play worked, it's not smart to play PB without the Power Play, as the 10 second place  multi-state winners must realize today, they are not millionaires because they didn't shell out another buck for the Power Play, like the one smart player from South Carolina who did and won 1 million!

Well, I'll be busy today checking out Down and Dirty's SM picks for tonight, and see what picks I come up with on my own, I purchased two SM QP's in Manhattan on Saturday.

GLTA

NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92609
                            June 10, 2010
                            3818 Posts
                            Posted: November 8, 2010, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Occasionally I wll put ten bucks on PICK4 straight number, the odds are 1 out of 10,000 that I can win $50,000 with a $10.00 bet, I bet that beats the odds of winning $50,000 on a slot machine, and a slot player spends much more money than $10.00 trying to win the big jackpot on the slots.

I didn't know that the SM winner also won a lotto jackpot, isn't that something?  A long time ago I posted that my one of my neighbor's relatives won a lotto jackpot twice, once in the Bronx, and once in Mahopac.  His story is on the NY lottery web-site, at least it used to be. 

At least get yourself in every SM drawing with a buck, GiveFive!

Well, since you cheered me up so much the other day, I'm in a good mood today so I'm taking MetroNorth into NYC  today (I haven been on that train in years, I usually drive downtown), and I'm going to cash in my big SM win of $3.00 and get a PB ticket in NYC, where most of the jackpot winners buy their tickets, so WISH ME LUCK so that the universe guides me to the right lottery retailer so I can win the BIG ONE tonight!

I took your advice Jacal.

I picked these numbers for tonites SM drawing:

6 16 18 29 33 35

I read your post about buying the power play when playing PB.  I went to the PB website and I see that with  some digging, one can determine whether or not the second place winner bought the power play. Do you know if there is a page where that info appears all on one page? I'm too lazy to check state by state.

Long Island, NY
                              United States
                              Member #57412
                              January 3, 2008
                              419 Posts
                              Posted: November 9, 2010, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Once again, the upcoming 11/8/10 drawing is set up for followers as a pattern or indicater of possible outcomes.  The drawing of 11/4 featured 2-8 as the first two numerical numbers drawn.  If you look at recent history, this 2-8 has come up twice in the last month or two.  The numbers that followed were:

3-19-27-28-32-33

2-9-13-15-26-31

Should we be surprised if some of the numbers drawn on 11/8 include some of the above numbers?

Here are my first round of picks which includes these and other historic followers.  Sorry that I don't list my predictions in numerical order:

23-19-11-39-9-5

3-19-33-15-26-9

6-35-1-15-26-21

9-4-18-35-26-11

36-15-6-9-10-25

28-35-3-26-31-18

19-35-4-27-31-7

That pesky number 2 is bothering me.  I hope it dosent repeat.

I will make a few more picks during a second session.  I always recomend folks do this.  Amazing what you can see sometimes if you take a second fresh look. As always, I wish I had $100 just to play this game.

Draw 11/8/10

17-19-30-31-39-40

So.....a couple of 2 of 6.  Lets see what happens Thursday.  But Hey!  I have also mentioned  that I also buy a few quick picks at "strategically picked" stores as well. 

Here's one I got today at one of the largest volume stores in NY:

13-17-19-30-31-33

A 4 of 6. I guess thats $40.

Today...the QP's beat the self picks.

Page 16 of 35