Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 52 of 78
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19816 Posts
Posted: August 11, 2010, 10:26 am - IP Logged

Actually I've been testing my system all along by posting the first 10 of the 20-25 lines of the PB and MM combinations I played on the prediction board.  Last night one of my winners was in the first 10 lines and I had a 1+1 MM hit on the board.

Probably the best way to run a comparison test between PP and QP would be to have members post the same amount of PP and QP combinations for a particular game for a month and see where they end up on the 30 days hit percentage charts.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
    Park City, UT
    United States
    Member #69864
    January 18, 2009
    993 Posts
    Posted: August 11, 2010, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Actually I've been testing my system all along by posting the first 10 of the 20-25 lines of the PB and MM combinations I played on the prediction board.  Last night one of my winners was in the first 10 lines and I had a 1+1 MM hit on the board.

Probably the best way to run a comparison test between PP and QP would be to have members post the same amount of PP and QP combinations for a particular game for a month and see where they end up on the 30 days hit percentage charts.

I would be up for it if the game was Powerball.  Powerball is the only game I track, otherwise I would be just a QP'er.  I typically pick 12 numbers and play a 3 if 3 of 5 wheel which requires 29 picks.  So if the competition allowed at least 30 picks I would play.  Again I'm not Pro SP or Pro QP but I prefer SP because I'm a control freak and I like dabbling in pattern recognition.

Jimmy

United States
      Member #68002
      December 10, 2008
      477 Posts
      Posted: August 11, 2010, 11:34 am - IP Logged

"DELTA DRAW"

"I TOTALLY AGREE"   I  couldn't  have said it any better  myself

United States
        Member #68002
        December 10, 2008
        477 Posts
        Posted: August 11, 2010, 11:39 am - IP Logged

RJOH

Then you made the point why should anyone have to prove anything since everyone were just posting their ideas for pick numbers and selling a system to do it

(You mean I made the point that if a player is trying  too sell  a system or strategy then and only then does he have too PROVE it too everyone  but if he's not  he  doesn't have to.Most  players in here play for fun,for  themself,entertainment,recreation etc... so no reason too prove anything if  they won using  a particular  system  or strategy then that's proof enough that it worked maybe one day VISIONDUDE will understand  this)

United States
          Member #68002
          December 10, 2008
          477 Posts
          Posted: August 11, 2010, 11:58 am - IP Logged

VISIONDUDE

and ......when guys like you state QP's are a waste of time, and that "systems" can grant a player a statistical edge,   (When you  say "YOU" guys  who exactly  are you referring too?? because on several occasions you  included me in that bunch when I never said anything like that except for  the second part I do  beleive  a strategic approach too the game does increase  your chances because it has for  me and as for a waste of time  QP's are a waste of time for "ME" not for  other  players who prefer that method but  in all  fairness  you say PP's  are  a waste of time when applying a strategy that  is TOTALLY false and just your opinion not fact)

50 pages, and still no proof that systems are better than QP's (Well  I don't know who's saying this but as far as I'm  concerned  a player  can  win using any method  beccause it has happened there is no MAGIC system or method that can guarantee a win but there  aer PLENTY of  methods  that can  be applied too  win some work and some don't I FOUND what works for me and I DON'T need anyones  approval my WINNING ticket is all the proof I NEED)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19816 Posts
            Posted: August 11, 2010, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Then you made the point why should anyone have to prove anything since everyone were just posting their ideas for pick numbers and not selling a system to do it

That reads different than I intended.  I meant to point out that most players come here to share their ideas freely with no agenda to convince anyone to play a certain way.  Some even give the logic behind the choices they make but if it works for them, that's good enough.

For me playing the lotteries is entertainment and it wouldn't be as entertaining if I didn't pick my own combinations.  Everyone accepts that every combination regardless of how it is generated has a chance to win so for me anything I do to them aren't likely to make them less likely to win, in fact I track them and think I make them more likely to win.  That's the reason I was willing to post them when this thread begin.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #93947
              July 10, 2010
              2180 Posts
              Posted: August 11, 2010, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

TTT rules can be found independently of twedk.  Either at this website or others.  There are MANY variations.  I understand you need to pick one particular set of rules to run your test.  Or you could test many, many variations. Wink

For the purposes of this thread, what is needed is a comparison.  Will the TTT system produce more winners over the same period of time or will the same number of QP bets produce more winners.  Profit is not involved.  Should your test produce a profit, that is OK but not part of the claims for personal picks.

Thanks truecritic,

My intentions are to do just what you're hoping for.  However, when you say, "Profit is not involved," I have to disagree.  Profit is definitely involved because carefully choosing picks that include more of the universe of available numbers will most often produce more "winners" (Winning Tickets) than QPs.  The important truth that I want to uncover is whether (or NOT) these PPs (Personal Picks?) result in more money in your pocket than QPs over time.

--Jimmy4164

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                light on my feet
                United States
                Member #356
                May 20, 2002
                2744 Posts
                Posted: August 11, 2010, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

beat me to it,  jimmy.

i was just getting ready to respond systematically to truecritc,  and one of those responses was aimed at his attempt at excusing away the "profit" angle.

after the dust settles in a dispute like this vs "pursuit",  anyone who brags about losing more money ought to find something else to do in life.

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

light on my feet
                  United States
                  Member #356
                  May 20, 2002
                  2744 Posts
                  Posted: August 11, 2010, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

Then you made the point why should anyone have to prove anything since everyone were just posting their ideas for pick numbers and not selling a system to do it

That reads different than I intended.  I meant to point out that most players come here to share their ideas freely with no agenda to convince anyone to play a certain way.  Some even give the logic behind the choices they make but if it works for them, that's good enough.

For me playing the lotteries is entertainment and it wouldn't be as entertaining if I didn't pick my own combinations.  Everyone accepts that every combination regardless of how it is generated has a chance to win so for me anything I do to them aren't likely to make them less likely to win, in fact I track them and think I make them more likely to win.  That's the reason I was willing to post them when this thread begin.

" I meant to point out that most players come here to share their ideas freely with no agenda to convince anyone to play a certain way.  Some even give the logic behind the choices they make but if it works for them, that's good enough"

like i said,  these are the ones i have ZERO problems with.

it's the people that insist they can gain an edge over QP's.

then when you ask them in a congenial fashion to begin with, to demonstrate that they actually can,  and then you are met with ensuing graduated "attitude".

it's  "those people"  that i make my LP BFF in these threads.

United States
                    Member #68002
                    December 10, 2008
                    477 Posts
                    Posted: August 11, 2010, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

PROFIT is  for  players  that do it   for a  living  FUN  is  for players  that  do  it  for  entertainment  I hope certain  people in this forum  can  comprehend  this

light on my feet
                      United States
                      Member #356
                      May 20, 2002
                      2744 Posts
                      Posted: August 11, 2010, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

in a head to head,  an apples to apples straight up challenge,  it's all about the  PROFIT

light on my feet
                        United States
                        Member #356
                        May 20, 2002
                        2744 Posts
                        Posted: August 11, 2010, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

VISIONDUDE

and ......when guys like you state QP's are a waste of time, and that "systems" can grant a player a statistical edge,   (When you  say "YOU" guys  who exactly  are you referring too?? because on several occasions you  included me in that bunch when I never said anything like that except for  the second part I do  beleive  a strategic approach too the game does increase  your chances because it has for  me and as for a waste of time  QP's are a waste of time for "ME" not for  other  players who prefer that method but  in all  fairness  you say PP's  are  a waste of time when applying a strategy that  is TOTALLY false and just your opinion not fact)

50 pages, and still no proof that systems are better than QP's (Well  I don't know who's saying this but as far as I'm  concerned  a player  can  win using any method  beccause it has happened there is no MAGIC system or method that can guarantee a win but there  aer PLENTY of  methods  that can  be applied too  win some work and some don't I FOUND what works for me and I DON'T need anyones  approval my WINNING ticket is all the proof I NEED)

(When you  say "YOU" guys  who exactly  are you referring too?? because on several occasions you  included me in that bunch

like my previous post states,  i don't have a problem with congenial UNlike minded people.

you inserted yourself into the "you guys"  category when your back and forth disintagrated into calling me names / jerkitis,  plus your "unwillingness"  to prove that systems are better,  while continuing to scream they do

"you guys"  are the integrity ain'ts that either insist that systems can gain an edge while refusing to prove it,  or the outright jerks in here that think they are going to sidetrack me with their kindegarten smoke screen tactics.

you say PP's  are  a waste of time when applying a strategy that  is TOTALLY false and just your opinion not fact

yes i did,  and so far,  by default,  i did prove it when i put up my 46 toot suite combo's and against the 2 other "challenges" both won, making it equal just like i said.

i am a doer,  and i did what i said i would do.    people like you scream for 50pages "it can"  with zero proof

so far in here now (by default).......that makes ME the "lottery expert"  ROFL ROFL ROFL anda Thud

"and I DON'T need anyones  approval my WINNING ticket is all the proof I 'NEED"

maybe you can actually post all your losing tickets too,  so we can actually see how great your "system"  rewarded you  over time Green laugh

light on my feet
                          United States
                          Member #356
                          May 20, 2002
                          2744 Posts
                          Posted: August 11, 2010, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

Just go ahead and try your scenario in a real court and see where it gets you.  You live in a fantasy world where you pick and choose what people say to suit yourself.  You claim you aren't the smartest apple in the bushel and you prove it with every post.  Your lack of improving your grammar proves stupidity as well.

I thought you'd be able to use "reason" and quit.  You choose to be a dunce.  I accept who you are.  I don't care whether you leave LP or not - we're done.

"Just go ahead and try your scenario in a real court and see where it gets you".

i would welcome that so fast,  i would have to apologize to all the people i pushed out of the way while making my way to a front row seat in that scenario.

"Your lack of improving your grammar proves stupidity as well"

ESPECIALLY in this case,  i am really digging the fact that my "grammar"  is sub-standard to yours,  because i would much rather have less grammar skills,   then to spill my integrity into the gutter like you do over people instead of position.

your obviously an "integrity ain't".    anyone who attacks people of opposing views about their grammar,  doesn't belong teaching an ethics class to kindergartners.    you just read and understood everything me jus spi-uwed

"I thought you'd be able to use "reason" and quit"

my "reason"  meter will let me know when it's time to shake the dust off my pants leg. 

in the meantime,  it's necessary to do what i am doing,   and i will,   until the time it's not.    comprende?

light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Posted: August 11, 2010, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

it's obvious the pretenders to the integrity throne won't back up their false bravado.    so if anyone else is willing,  lets see how this shakes out so we can all put this thread to rest.

like i stated,  so long as your congenial about it,  then everything will be nothing but hugs and kisses.

the "integrity aint's"  are dying for someone to step up and "show me"  to the curb.

anyone BUT them

says alot their are unwillingness to do it themselves.

gotta watch the yellers in life.    once you call thier bluff,  they grow strangely silent

gee,  i wonder why that be?

United States
                              Member #68002
                              December 10, 2008
                              477 Posts
                              Posted: August 11, 2010, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

you inserted yourself into the "you guys" category when your back and forth disintagrated into calling me names / jerkitis, plus your "unwillingness" to prove that systems are better, while continuing to scream they do 

(WRONG you can't automatically insert me into any category if  I'm not part of the group making claims that system play is better where do you get this GOD complex from?? oh never mind I know I never said  systems are better  I said that they work just as well as  any other method and  at the moment they work better for me than quick-picks silly man)

"you guys" are the integrity ain'ts that either insist that systems can gain an edge while refusing to prove it, or the outright jerks in here that think they are going to sidetrack me with their kindegarten smoke screen tactics.

(This I do stand by based on PERSONAL experience after  continuously losing using YOUR  preferred method I tried the  strategic approach and it WORKED so I proved  too myself it works IT don't matter what a skeptic  thinks)

yes i did, and so far, by default, i did prove it when i put up my 46 toot suite combo's and against the 2 other "challenges" both won, making it equal just like i said.i am a doer, and i did what i said i would do. people like you scream for 50pages "it can" with zero proof so far in here now (by default).......that makes ME the "lottery expert

(WRONG,WRONG,WRONG   I ALWAYS maintained  that both were capable of  working and that one wasn't better than the other but you  claim system  play doesn't  increase your  chances you haven't proved otherwise it was  proved  it can work just like quick-picks)

maybe you can actually post all your losing tickets too, so we can actually see how great your "system" rewarded you over time

(I don't care  or  keep track about that  and I NEVER said my system was great,the best,better  than qick-picks etc.. all I said was  that it WORKED for me and that's  all that  matters how  many losing quick-pick tickets  have you aquired since your  last win?? what you say or believe don't really matter so it's pointless  too make demands of any system player when your  preferred  method  doesn't so well for you at all)

yes i did, and so far, by default, i did prove it when i put up my 46 toot suite combo's and against the 2 other "challenges" both won, making it equal just like i said.i am a doer, and i did what i said i would do. people like you scream for 50pages "it can" with zero proof so far in here now (by default).......that makes ME the "lottery expert

(WRONG if your  an  expert than I'm the King  of England your not even an expert at using quick-picks man your so full of yourself  it's not even funny  what a weird guy you  are)

Page 52 of 78