Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 55 of 78
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19894 Posts
Posted: August 12, 2010, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

"BUCKEYE"

I won't say one way is BETTER than the other, and most people buy QP's, therefore there will be more winners by QP

YES!! that's exactly right  MORE  people use quick-picks compared too self-picks A LOT  of the winners in FL are "quick-picks" because most people play them but it doesn't  in no  way prove that qp's are better it's just that more players go that route it's "EASIER" and  more "CONVENIANT" when ever I go play that's mostly what  I see

MORE  people use quick-picks compared too self-picks A LOT  of the winners in FL are "quick-picks" because most people play them but it doesn't  in no  way prove that qp's are better....

Knowing that QPs are randomly picked from all the possible combinations, I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to suggest anything like that. 

The question is "is there a better way of picking lottery winners than just randomly picking any combination" and can it be proved statistically?  Some have pointed out the advantages of SP(self picks or system picks) but can't or aren't interested in doing any more than that.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #81843
    October 31, 2009
    856 Posts
    Posted: August 12, 2010, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

You've convinced me. I'm going to put on my tin foil hat and vote for Lyndon LaRouche next time. (Is he still around?)

Sooooooo, do you think Quick Picks outperform Player Picks or vice versa? 

I have played both QP’s and PP’s with real money. My personal experience is my PP’s outperform QP’s in return winnings with great and noticeable bias. I need not have to prove that to anyone, especially someone who wants to play with Monopoly money and demands proof. There is no precedent that how one plays has to be proved pro or con for results. Both QP’s and PP’s deliver winners. As to what proportion is statistically more effective depends on information that cannot be gathered in whole. The absence of REAL facts makes this just another thread to stir it up and entertain a question that cannot be truly answered. It’s the sizzle that sells and not the steak. It is a designed conflict with no solution but with much controversy. How very entertaining!

As for tin foil hats and politics, I have successfully predicted the next president since 1980.

My voting records do not indicate that as I believe in upsetting the D.C. CFR teacart and party momentum. With that in mind, I have voted Democrat, Republican and Independent. Once a politician (or attorney) is in the beltway in D.C. they become CFR and tow the line. Partisan politics is just theater - the show. It’s like Rush Limbaugh trying to say he is outside of mainstream media and is a solid Conservative. Who BTW gets 100’s of millions for his work - enough money that he can hire uber- liberal Elton John for a cool Million to play at his wedding. The message is clear that power and wealth can do whatever it wants, like Rush telling conservatives to vote for Hillary. Conservative voting Americans are wondering what is going on. They are not supposed to know up front and will likely not know for quite some time.

Palin also likes to sway people by criticizing what she calls “lamestream” media while is employed by FOX. FOX is now owed at a 25% level by the Arab Prince media giant who is the Ted Turner to the Arab nations. 

The same Arab media that showed Blackwater mercenaries mutilated, hung and burnt.

Yep, tinfoil hat mentality does not like the facts and says they are insignificant. Just trust the small people’s media, especially E.I.B. and FOX. Who do you think is the big money and influence to get a Mosque built at ground zero? Happy Rama-lama-ding-dong! Control the media and you control public opinion (facts or lies?). All media heads are CFR. Control public opinion and you control the acceptance of a war (no WMD’s and we are in Pakistan). The Arabs want Tel Aviv off the map. Same goes for New York, D.C. and Mayberry RFD. We need diversion entertainment now more than ever. I will get a QP today!

Billybob is washed up. He likes to put on many hats in his version of theatre to fool the public.

Billybob spent 33 years in the beltway and is not a favorite son of the south. He only talks like one. The voters saw that a mile away, it was a Personal Pick. They won!

DD

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5587 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2010, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Actually it is the $h1T$tream media and they play quick piggies.  Obama is a one termer..............or less if he is impeached.

United States
        Member #81843
        October 31, 2009
        856 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2010, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Actually it is the $h1T$tream media and they play quick piggies.  Obama is a one termer..............or less if he is impeached.

I didn’t know they played QP’s but if Obama is a one term president then he is the last president.

DD

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
          light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: August 12, 2010, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

"DELTA DRAW"

That's  "visiondude"  alright  and it's all religoiusly based that's  why he acts and believes  the way he does

you know what tech,  don't go down some dirty tactics road,  and drag some personal bias garbage from our PM conversations in here.

you open up that can of worms,  you can only imagine how many pages in this thread it will take time for me to defend it.

stick to what's goin on in this thread,  and handle your business (or lack of ability to do so) in here

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: August 12, 2010, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

There it is. Truth Vs. lies. Guilt.

Personal integrity is on the line because V.D.’s integrity is unapproachable. The guy really should be in politics. You are now expected to apologize for being suspect of poor personal integrity.

Might as well say the CFR does not exist. We are so close to a snitch society that it is making Russian transplants blush. Habeas Corpus is long gone, so it is guilty first, and then try to prove your innocense. Before you know it, one’s political affiliations will be criminal- oops we are at that cusp! Years ago Rush said one political party should be hunted down like the Al Qaeda,- why would one party support that and not object? Careful which way that sword swings laddies.

Let's see, Rome went from a Republic to a,.... Dictatorship. We are so close and prepared for that across the board. Boy are we in for a rude awakening! Now we are having a convergance of disasters, all begging for new order. Rome had the same happen before it went bad. When the states go belly-up the games will end. There will be no place for concentrated wealth among the common clay. Enjoy your distractions and affluence now,it will be a dream like yesterday. Do you know that all your banked wealth can be frozen- every account? The kill pill was mandated by homeland security- every finacial institution is now on-line and prepared to freeze any and all accounts. Does that make you feel safe? The big joke is one political party is to be responsible, not the CFR who is the helmsman in this well-crafted design. Well, the designers want to blow off anyone who exposes them as a lunatic. Just like Ben Franklin said the Bankers of England caused the revolt. Ben was in England as a subject of the Crown and through his influence destroyed the debt-free colonies with English debt. Parlaiment outlawed our scrip, that Franklin printed. Then he sold us as states under more debt with England and France. He printed for the National bank. Ben caused the poverty in the colonies, the heartbreak and war deaths while saying the banks did it. Ben was our first equivalent to Chairman of the FED, the National Bank. He was our first Councilman on Foriegn Relations: The Bankers.

If I know anything it that anyone who discredits the activity or presence of the CFR is a CRF shill.

DD

"Personal integrity is on the line because V.D.’s integrity is unapproachable"

yeah right.  i happen to think i walk on water.   all you have when you can't measure up to a universal scale of integrity,  is to blame someone else around you.

unless people suffer from personal bias disease,  it's isn't difficult to detect who you are,  based on your "collective" spillages.

i ain't even in the ballpark as far as "perfection" goes,  but i sure don't mind ANYBODY measuring my collective life choices against integrity every day of the week.

not that anyone should measure themselves against another,  but if one did,  at least between the two of us i wouldn't have to go to integrity rehab

United States
              Member #68002
              December 10, 2008
              477 Posts
              Posted: August 12, 2010, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

VISIONDUDE

I don't  know what your talking about no one in here  knows what we were  discussing  in private,I was just making  a comment based on what DD posted about you on page 54 she described you PERFECTLY and I just pointed out why you act this way,it's QUITE  obvious that your  specific views play a major part in how you interact with  others on this thread and clearly it's obvious regarding  the subject at hand.Not everyone is sticking COMPLETELY  with the thread others  have made off subject comments so  why pick on me?? is it personal??? so how  about you handle your business  and STOP being so  sensitive "MICHEAL"

light on my feet
                United States
                Member #356
                May 20, 2002
                2744 Posts
                Posted: August 12, 2010, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

VISIONDUDE

I don't  know what your talking about no one in here  knows what we were  discussing  in private,I was just making  a comment based on what DD posted about you on page 54 she described you PERFECTLY and I just pointed out why you act this way,it's QUITE  obvious that your  specific views play a major part in how you interact with  others on this thread and clearly it's obvious regarding  the subject at hand.Not everyone is sticking COMPLETELY  with the thread others  have made off subject comments so  why pick on me?? is it personal??? so how  about you handle your business  and STOP being so  sensitive "MICHEAL"

you did your underhanded swipe with the "JESUS" reference,  and then your little notation to the baord about my "religious beliefs".

like i said,  play fair,  and don't drag your personal biases here.

there is a complete difference between "references"  and intended "swipes".

i don't take kindly to underhanded stuff

United States
                  Member #68002
                  December 10, 2008
                  477 Posts
                  Posted: August 12, 2010, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

VISIONDUDE

Your  not  JESUS so how  was that comment  directed at you?? and my other comment  never actually mentioned  what your religious  beliefs  are no specific faith was  mentioned so I think your  just being  paranoid or something.

United States
                    Member #81843
                    October 31, 2009
                    856 Posts
                    Posted: August 12, 2010, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

"DELTA DRAW"

That's  "visiondude"  alright  and it's all religoiusly based that's  why he acts and believes  the way he does

He thinks that he is a prisoner to QP fate and everyone should be like him. He was not meant to be otherwise - it’s not in the cards according to a fatalistic mindset. I bought one QP over a week ago and still have to cash it in. If I don’t do that, it was not meant to be done. The choice is mine of action for an expected outcome.

I wonder if fate will do it for me? Lemme think about that; in order to get the chicken dinner, I need to get the money. In order to get the money, I need to redeem the ticket and in order to redeem the ticket, I have to go someplace far away. Why can’t I just QP my way past some of those steps and let fate take care of it? It’s not fair! Fate should just direct deposit the money and put some on my debit card! Fate should give me my chicken dinner right here, right NOW!

Oh well, I still have just one QP to redeem (I would have never picked those numbers, it must have been luck or fate or some other thing, but then luck or fate or some other thing would have my chicken dinner in front of me too). Does fate or luck have a pre-condition? Do I have to do something for it to work?

Where is my chicken dinner? How do I QP a chicken dinner? Is it meant to be????? Maybe it's up to me? To Hell with fate!

DD

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10390 Posts
                      Posted: August 12, 2010, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Let's see, thread title, "Statistically Speaking, QP's and PP's".

We have one group of people saying sttisitcally QP's hit more often (which they do, JP games), and another handful of very vociferous people insulting the QP crowd (Oh, what cojones it takes to be a cyber-bully).

Could it just be that being in denial over what statistics prove, again and again and again, and being frustrated that their precious sytems of all systems have failed to ever produce a jackpot, instead of admitting that they take it out on other people?

Maybe when your system bites dead bears you should come out and admit it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                        Member #68002
                        December 10, 2008
                        477 Posts
                        Posted: August 12, 2010, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

COIN TOSS

Let's be fair about this insults are being thrown at the self-pick crowd as well and many players have  won jackpots  using a system just because they haven't shown  themself on this forum doesn't mean they don't exist I use too be a subscriber too LottoWorld Magazine and it regularly featured players that won using some  kind of system  along  with quick-pick and lucky number players.

Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5587 Posts
                          Posted: August 12, 2010, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Let's see, thread title, "Statistically Speaking, QP's and PP's".

We have one group of people saying sttisitcally QP's hit more often (which they do, JP games), and another handful of very vociferous people insulting the QP crowd (Oh, what cojones it takes to be a cyber-bully).

Could it just be that being in denial over what statistics prove, again and again and again, and being frustrated that their precious sytems of all systems have failed to ever produce a jackpot, instead of admitting that they take it out on other people?

Maybe when your system bites dead bears you should come out and admit it.

Again,   the peanut gallery........................What are you?  Who do you think you are?  You speak like you are some kind of authority.

None of you pinhead quick piggies have yet posted a winning quick piggie!

YOU AREN'T INTO PLAYING YOU HAVE NO FAITH IN YOUR QUICK PIGS!

I WOULDN'T WANT ANY OF YOU QUICK PIGGIES ON ANY OF MY TEAMS. 

YOU ARE CONTENT LOSING WITH QUICK PIGGIES.

morepiggies

Harbinger
                            D.C./MD.
                            United States
                            Member #44103
                            July 30, 2006
                            5587 Posts
                            Posted: August 12, 2010, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Again,   the peanut gallery........................What are you?  Who do you think you are?  You speak like you are some kind of authority.

None of you pinhead quick piggies have yet posted a winning quick piggie!

YOU AREN'T INTO PLAYING YOU HAVE NO FAITH IN YOUR QUICK PIGS!

I WOULDN'T WANT ANY OF YOU QUICK PIGGIES ON ANY OF MY TEAMS. 

YOU ARE CONTENT LOSING WITH QUICK PIGGIES.

morepiggies

P.S. HAve you seen the latest GEICO commercial? WHEEEEE! WHEEEEE! WHEEEEE!

I inspired an insurance company with my quick piggies, this is when they were young.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHLMAO!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10390 Posts
                              Posted: August 13, 2010, 12:09 am - IP Logged

COIN TOSS

Let's be fair about this insults are being thrown at the self-pick crowd as well and many players have  won jackpots  using a system just because they haven't shown  themself on this forum doesn't mean they don't exist I use too be a subscriber too LottoWorld Magazine and it regularly featured players that won using some  kind of system  along  with quick-pick and lucky number players.

LotteryTechInc,

As far as who is insulting who just conisder jarasan's last two posts right after yours.

I don't see the QP crowd doing that, or saying that the self pick players are lazy or any such thing.

Of course jackpots have ben won by both, but statisticsally, as the OP asked, more by QPs.

Like I said, it's just a small handfull of people, less actually.

Let's suffice to say that people are running some very successful sports services because players have to have something to blame their losses on.

I'm also starting to think that the self pick crowd, despite a pathetica "batting average" (c'mon, it's lotto) simply cannot limit their play to a couple of dollars and are p.o.'d about that, too.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Page 55 of 78