Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 56 of 78
PrintE-mailLink
visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
light on my feet
United States
Member #356
May 20, 2002
2744 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2010, 1:38 am - IP Logged

VISIONDUDE

I don't  know what your talking about no one in here  knows what we were  discussing  in private,I was just making  a comment based on what DD posted about you on page 54 she described you PERFECTLY and I just pointed out why you act this way,it's QUITE  obvious that your  specific views play a major part in how you interact with  others on this thread and clearly it's obvious regarding  the subject at hand.Not everyone is sticking COMPLETELY  with the thread others  have made off subject comments so  why pick on me?? is it personal??? so how  about you handle your business  and STOP being so  sensitive "MICHEAL"

"MICHEAL"

i forgot to ask,  what was the above quote about ???

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

light on my feet
    United States
    Member #356
    May 20, 2002
    2744 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2010, 2:03 am - IP Logged

VISIONDUDE

Your  not  JESUS so how  was that comment  directed at you?? and my other comment  never actually mentioned  what your religious  beliefs  are no specific faith was  mentioned so I think your  just being  paranoid or something.

you put the word Jesus in all caps,  and  surrounded it with quotation marks.

when you emphasize something,  you capitalize something,  which is fine.......but you capitalized and specifically included quotations marks (which you never do).

you did it as a disrespectful / underhanded swipe per our PM conversations.

you forget,  i am good at revealing the motivation(s) of people

and as far as your "other comment"  about my "religious beliefs",  etc,   .........it is a progressive underhanded tactic for when someone disagree's with another,  their last resort is to see what they can do to discredit an individual  by slinging non peripheral mud at them,  to see what "sticks".

who cares if it's true. 

just throw ALOT OF IT,  and make sure you throw "sidearm"  so it flies under the integrity radar of "most people"

it's an attempt to cheapen their oppositions "voice"  in a matter,  or to steal ones "effectiveness"

dirty tactics,  but fully predictable.

the descending progression goes like this...

(1)  amicabal disagreement of position

(2)  acting "offended" at the notion of opposition TO ones opinion,  as if their "opinion" is non questionable

(3)  stepped up attitude,  followed by sharp "warning" responses

(4)  peripheral unrelated non sense for somescreen purposes

(5)  veiled intimidation to see if they can "silence" an opponent

(7)  name calling

(8)  and the last frontier.........aimed at all costs lying / discrediting of the "opponents"  peripheral character

i may have forgot a step or three,  but now thanks to "you guys",  we are on #7  already

H5

light on my feet
      United States
      Member #356
      May 20, 2002
      2744 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2010, 2:41 am - IP Logged

He thinks that he is a prisoner to QP fate and everyone should be like him. He was not meant to be otherwise - it’s not in the cards according to a fatalistic mindset. I bought one QP over a week ago and still have to cash it in. If I don’t do that, it was not meant to be done. The choice is mine of action for an expected outcome.

I wonder if fate will do it for me? Lemme think about that; in order to get the chicken dinner, I need to get the money. In order to get the money, I need to redeem the ticket and in order to redeem the ticket, I have to go someplace far away. Why can’t I just QP my way past some of those steps and let fate take care of it? It’s not fair! Fate should just direct deposit the money and put some on my debit card! Fate should give me my chicken dinner right here, right NOW!

Oh well, I still have just one QP to redeem (I would have never picked those numbers, it must have been luck or fate or some other thing, but then luck or fate or some other thing would have my chicken dinner in front of me too). Does fate or luck have a pre-condition? Do I have to do something for it to work?

Where is my chicken dinner? How do I QP a chicken dinner? Is it meant to be????? Maybe it's up to me? To Hell with fate!

DD

we already know what land you live in DD,   thanks to your "willingness"  to allow us an ongoing peek thru the window of what DD  REALLY BELIEVES.

the board also has witnessed your unwillingness to back up your veiled bravado,  by hitting on all cylinders in my hit parade "list"  of how people handle others,  that can't handle their own business.

go ahead and play pretend heir to the wishful thinking throne.    you can't even do a  smidgen of what you keep shouting to the board "you can".

take you above post for instance.

it's wishful thinking runamokITIS,  inflammed no less.    most likely beyond integrity antibiotic treatment.

the difference between a guy like you,  and an "honest" systems player,  and a guy like me....

is you think you can "make something happen"  via skills  no one possess now,  ever has,  or ever will.

honest systems players "try",  but at least they  HONEST  on their way TO assesment.

me?     i fully realized from the 1st day i ever bought a ticket,  that the only way i was ever going to win squat,  was if i was "meant to".

i realize the waste of time pursuing something i am NOT "meant to"

you think you can force things,  because you have allowed your ego to runamok enough for it to bcome inflammed (ITIS),  and now you moved from the penthouse to the basement via the wishful thinking  / common sense elevator.

the lottery is random,   and i know the last thing i think i can do on earth is "make it happen"

that.......is a lie.

so i kick back and wait for fate to run it's intended course

remember,  i have never been wrong in my claims,  whenever i have made them.

unlike you,  i have  100% track record in this arena of life.

what's tragically pathetic about you,  is that all that effort in allowing your ego to "think"  you could beat the lottery,   you don't even realize if it WAS remotely possible,  the lottery commission would make it rediculously harder than it already is,  thereby negating your "efforts",  and returning you back to wishful thinking land square one...

if a man could actually afford to act arrogant,  they would first have to posses a reason to.

you don't 

evidenced by your "unwillingness"  to match up with your arrogance,  by coming to the plate on my challenge

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2010, 2:50 am - IP Logged

Then you are a fool.

S.P. has no party affiliation but herself. She is outside of the CFR and is nothing but a means to an end. This is a 2 term presidency by design. You will never understand politics outside of CFR design. Any professor who has earded his sheepskin in politics knows that. Amateurs don't have a clue to what is going on. They are simple lemmings going with the flow, the design: Sheeple.

Less than three months to a major election and the right is divided in many ways. When will 'Duh' be a reality? Too late my friend, too late. S.P. is a Trojan Horse in the consevative fortress. " A house divided against itself will NOT stand." All allowed to happen by design. Watch history repeat itself without flaw!

DD$

"Then you are a fool."

Matthew 5 : 22   ...whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Would have thought even the most charlatanical of self-proclaimed Bible Scholars would have known that. 

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2010, 2:59 am - IP Logged

Again,   the peanut gallery........................What are you?  Who do you think you are?  You speak like you are some kind of authority.

None of you pinhead quick piggies have yet posted a winning quick piggie!

YOU AREN'T INTO PLAYING YOU HAVE NO FAITH IN YOUR QUICK PIGS!

I WOULDN'T WANT ANY OF YOU QUICK PIGGIES ON ANY OF MY TEAMS. 

YOU ARE CONTENT LOSING WITH QUICK PIGGIES.

morepiggies

uhhhhh "we"  are not the ones making claims "we"  can gain an edge......."you guys"  are

"we"  are more relaxed about it / fate driven,  and fully realize that facts don't lie,   that based on player percentages vs "wins".........they both have equal chance.

you personally make the claims,  and slam QP's at will,  but are staaaaaaaRangely silent (except for once)  when asked to demonstrate said position.

it's not like you don't posses the talent to post all your impressive "talent"  in this arena.

where are they?

i Wouldn't post them either if i were you. 

because shouting above the crowd isn't conduceive to a HIGH5 once you show photoGRAPHICally your accumulative losses.

that has to be worse,  knowing you lost more than your average QPer that you are "slamming"

no wonder........you won't

the difference in a man that actually has something,  is he is willing to push himself to the front of the line to showcase it.

ones who talk about,   obviously don't

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2010, 3:09 am - IP Logged

maybe someone can run a poll to see how long and rediculous this thread can become in terms of "pages".

like i want to take my time each night holding the giants of integrity to thier unwllingness rediculousness.

please.   

someone who isn't afraid of the results,   who aren't offended should things not go thier way in the challenge please stand up,   so we can FINALLY reach the destination we opened with.

if i am so willing to offer up my presence here at LP,   you should be able to weather "disappointment",   because i have WAY MORE to lose than you do,  and i am not shy at throwing my hat into the ring.

oh,  and BTW,  my 1QP lost last tue (in case you were wondering).

no biggie

United States
              Member #81843
              October 31, 2009
              856 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2010, 3:24 am - IP Logged

"Then you are a fool."

Matthew 5 : 22   ...whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Would have thought even the most charlatanical of self-proclaimed Bible Scholars would have known that. 

Don't go out of your way to prove you are a fool, but since you went there,.....

Good one, but even an unlearned understudy would know to look at it ( the verse) in context.

The first thing would be to whom it is addressed, the next would be to what Biblical administration is it addressed. The context of brother is the key. I am not a Jew, are you?

Brother here in that verse is an Israelite by nation and blood.; while a neighbor was an Israelite by religion and worship (=a Proselyte ). Both distinct from the heathen, or the gentiles. So the Talmud defines them. I am neither, and what you read is as it is written in Romans 15:4.

I am not under or subject to the Law given to Israel. The error of application is due to the lack of handling skills and ignorance. In other words, it is not written to me and does not apply- no matter how many have abused it in the past.

Try another course of condemnation when you earn your sheepskin, professor Fool.

Besides, your point does not address the fact that the CFR and Palin and the coming election has intended failure all over it. No tinfoil hat is needed. Less than three months and chest bumping will not win at the polls. Palin is given all the rope she needs to screw up and split the conservative vote and party. There is less unity today in the republican party than there was when Barry Goldwater was doing this BS in the ‘60’s. You gotta be a fool of some kind to ignore that. 

Palin was thrown under the bus the day after the election but she won’t go away. They can’t just kill her, she’s too popular- so they use her and she is doing a fine job keeping the conservatives split. No way do the ‘Pubs want to get back in power with the economic situation being what it is. Make the dem’s the whipping boy and after eight years people will forget what president got us in this mess.

DD

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #22395
                September 24, 2005
                1583 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2010, 3:47 am - IP Logged

LotteryTechInc,

As far as who is insulting who just conisder jarasan's last two posts right after yours.

I don't see the QP crowd doing that, or saying that the self pick players are lazy or any such thing.

Of course jackpots have ben won by both, but statisticsally, as the OP asked, more by QPs.

Like I said, it's just a small handfull of people, less actually.

Let's suffice to say that people are running some very successful sports services because players have to have something to blame their losses on.

I'm also starting to think that the self pick crowd, despite a pathetica "batting average" (c'mon, it's lotto) simply cannot limit their play to a couple of dollars and are p.o.'d about that, too.

"just conisder jarasan's last two posts right after yours.  I don't see the QP crowd doing that,"

Well, of course not, Coin Toss, the QP crowd doesn't know how to find cute videos!

ROFL

United States
                  Member #81843
                  October 31, 2009
                  856 Posts
                  Posted: August 13, 2010, 3:49 am - IP Logged

"just conisder jarasan's last two posts right after yours.  I don't see the QP crowd doing that,"

Well, of course not, Coin Toss, the QP crowd doesn't know how to find cute videos!

ROFL

back on topic:

There are no published statistics to determine a batting average on what method (QP v PP) works best. There is only an unfounded claim that cannot be disproved or proven. Sales of tickets go up when jackpots increase, so to say one method is superior without all the facts is really an Assumption. If PP’s did not work for the players what difference does it make? Why the drive to prove QP’s are superior? Why the drive to discredit PP’s? Why do the PP people have to prove anything to anyone? It’s their money and their entertainment. They can live with it, but you can’t. Get a life.

If someone does not approve how they play it is a personal problem. My wins in both PP’s and QP’s are not an issue when I deposit the money. Nobody is there to say “you can’t do that” or “the batting average does not allow you to take the run”.

Why do subscribing members have to put up with the constant needling here from a handful of naysayers who never win? Are we the target of their bad luck like some whipping boy? When the shoe is on the other foot they demand proof and get all nancy that someone is trashing their thread. LP draws system players and that is a fact, like it or not. How many sites are there for QP players with active forums? If the QP was the bees knees, then there should be all kinds of forums out there, sadly there is not. I could not find one. Who in their right mind would gravitate to such nonsense?

I think the QP crowd here is all sour grapes for losing and wants the PP players to share the misery. Any system player has endurance and discipline to go the length; the quitters will always be on the sidelines telling them to join them with false and incomplete statistics saying that systematic play is futile. They probably are glad they finished high School because the “prove me crowd” are always uneducated and favor stupid superstition over facts. They like to brow beat the educated because they think education is futile like their own failed fruits of it are.

The games are hard enough as it is to win, why add to it? Does losing consume your every thought? Are you looking for a vehicle to vent and share your misery, your sour grapes? Don’t be surprised if the PP players have a little fun at your narcissistic misery. It’s entertaining to watch the true strokers who live in glass houses.

There are not enough published facts to evaluate the topic. Live with it. That is not bullying so don’t PM the ump for him to take sides. Grow up, get out more and try to live up a dog’s opinion of yourself. If the meds aren’t working get them evaluated so we can share the benefit too. The bottom line is you have nothing to say how someone plays or wins- NOTHING!

DD

United States
                    Member #81843
                    October 31, 2009
                    856 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:38 am - IP Logged

From Gail Howard on the topic:

-- Quick Picks are used by people who want to be in the action without putting any effort into winning. When you read articles about jackpot winners, it appears as though they all used either Quick Picks, birth dates or their children's ages. The vast majority of people do play that way. If the majority of tickets sold are Quick Picks, then it makes sense that the majority of jackpots won should be won with Quick Picks. However, when I saw the actual statistics, I found that you have a better chance of winning by picking numbers randomly out of a hat than by using Quick Picks.

-- I read some eye opening figures in a Canadian paper. In Canada, 47.8 percent of all tickets sold were Quick Picks but only 20.8 percent of the winning tickets were Quick Picks. This means that 52.2 percent of jackpot winners did NOT use Quick Picks and they won 79.2 percent of the jackpots! These figures were based on a 12-month study made by the Canadian Lottery.

According to an article about the New York State Lottery that appeared in the November 8, 1996 New York Daily News, "Quick Pick is not the best route to winning. More than half of all players use Quick Pick instead of selecting their own numbers. But Quick Pick has accounted for only 38 percent of the winners."

Quoted from the book "Lottery Master Guide" by Gail Howard

I will trust G.H. any day of the week over someone's unfounded 'expert' opinion. She quotes and documents. Just the facts ma'am.Green laugh

DD

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:50 am - IP Logged

Don't go out of your way to prove you are a fool, but since you went there,.....

Good one, but even an unlearned understudy would know to look at it ( the verse) in context.

The first thing would be to whom it is addressed, the next would be to what Biblical administration is it addressed. The context of brother is the key. I am not a Jew, are you?

Brother here in that verse is an Israelite by nation and blood.; while a neighbor was an Israelite by religion and worship (=a Proselyte ). Both distinct from the heathen, or the gentiles. So the Talmud defines them. I am neither, and what you read is as it is written in Romans 15:4.

I am not under or subject to the Law given to Israel. The error of application is due to the lack of handling skills and ignorance. In other words, it is not written to me and does not apply- no matter how many have abused it in the past.

Try another course of condemnation when you earn your sheepskin, professor Fool.

Besides, your point does not address the fact that the CFR and Palin and the coming election has intended failure all over it. No tinfoil hat is needed. Less than three months and chest bumping will not win at the polls. Palin is given all the rope she needs to screw up and split the conservative vote and party. There is less unity today in the republican party than there was when Barry Goldwater was doing this BS in the ‘60’s. You gotta be a fool of some kind to ignore that. 

Palin was thrown under the bus the day after the election but she won’t go away. They can’t just kill her, she’s too popular- so they use her and she is doing a fine job keeping the conservatives split. No way do the ‘Pubs want to get back in power with the economic situation being what it is. Make the dem’s the whipping boy and after eight years people will forget what president got us in this mess.

DD

I think Visiondude called it right when he alluded to your cult mentality.

Your knowledge of Scripture is nothing more than the parroting of your west coast guru's new wave incoherent ramblings. It's laughable. But I bet you keep him well fed.

Your political acumen is no better. You've latched on to the lunacy of renowned political conspiracy theorist/nutjob Lyndon LaRouche. I don't need to hear you recite the talking points of either of your gurus. I've heard all I need to hear from the imbecile LaRouche and I don't need to hear anymore from your religious cult guru to know he's just another wackjob too.

Have you ever had an original thought of your own?

And can you answer that without a copy and paste with a few of your brief asides mixed in?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                        Harbinger
                        D.C./MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5587 Posts
                        Posted: August 13, 2010, 6:38 am - IP Logged

I’ve put up plenty of tix you self righteous quick piggies.   Again you write tripe, you try to change the subject again and make it about LOSING, you quick piggie losers. Losing is not the objective, what I buy and lose is none of your busy body Gladys Kravitzs business.

Sandra Gould I need to know!  Quick Piggies smell like bacon!

United States
                          Member #68002
                          December 10, 2008
                          477 Posts
                          Posted: August 13, 2010, 10:52 am - IP Logged

COIN TOSS

As far as who is insulting who just conisder jarasan's last two posts right after yours. (YES but you and especially viosndude have made negative comments maybe not on the same level as the opposition but the feeling is there on what you guys think about self picks)

I don't see the QP crowd doing that, or saying that the self pick players are lazy or any such thing. (they are saying self-picks via system and strategy is foolish,a waste of time,doesn't work that's an INSULT too the players that HAVE won money using this method)

Of course jackpots have ben won by both, but statisticsally, as the OP asked, more by QPs. (Of course because the average player has NO knowledge of  a systematic approach too the games everytime I go play I ALWAYS see players  purchasing  quick-picks or randomly selecting numbers on there playslip so naturally most of your wins are gonna come from QP's)

Like I said, it's just a small handfull of people, less actually. ( A handful of people what?? that win using a method?? actually it's WAY  more than that you have too consider everyone in a particular state or the entire US with that many people it's gonna be A LOT more than a small handfull but I will agree it isn't more than what happens with quikc-picks cause more people use them)

Let's suffice to say that people are running some very successful sports services because players have to have something to blame their losses on.  (a good player  blames himself if he used a strategy the other kind of player blames it on bad luck or it's just not his time yet like your friend)

I'm also starting to think that the self pick crowd, despite a pathetica "batting average" (c'mon, it's lotto) simply cannot limit their play to a couple of dollars and are p.o.'d about that, too.

(Well collectively it's not a pathetic batting  average you can't make that claim just based on what happens in here you have too  take in consideration players  that are winning using some sort of system that aren't members here or just refuse too be in the limelight.Individually yeah it's probalby bad but the same could be said for quick-pickers just look at your friend since the last time he won $60 on a quick-pick that's a horrible batting average and if you compared my hits with his using our preferred methods for the past year I pretty much kick his butt)

United States
                            Member #68002
                            December 10, 2008
                            477 Posts
                            Posted: August 13, 2010, 10:55 am - IP Logged

VISIONDUDE

"MICHEAL" 

i forgot to ask,  what was the above quote about ???

I  said you need too stop being so sensitive so  I was  referring too  "Micheal Jackson"  with that remark he was a very sensitive individual 

United States
                              Member #68002
                              December 10, 2008
                              477 Posts
                              Posted: August 13, 2010, 11:01 am - IP Logged

VISIONDUDE

you did it as a disrespectful / underhanded swipe per our PM conversations.

you forget,  i am good at revealing the motivation(s) of people

Prove it because  at the moment your just guessing unless you can read my mind your way off base what's with you and this GOD complex  you have?? like you know  every darn thing goodness  you need  too get off that high horse of yours the air up there is messing with your brain

Page 56 of 78