Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 58 of 78
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #68002
December 10, 2008
477 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

OKAY let's stay on subject here a few  quick references  are fine but  we don't want this too become a full blown religious debate this isn't the forum for it so let's move  on back too the original topic of discussion and  the subtle attacks that were going  on between QP's and PP's I LIKE that better  than discussing "THIS  STUFF" unless it's in private SOMETIMES  certain members get CARRIED  away with it

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #22395
    September 24, 2005
    1583 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

There is a new will and the gospels are old testament and addressed to ISRAELITES"

(Actually if we're talking about jewish text it's called Torah not OT they don't refer too it as OT and yes it's only addressed too the isrealites)

Jesus Christ spoke those words Himself

(Well seeing as how he never actually wrote  down anything  himself we really don't know what he said)

I feel like this thread is shifting to topics of conjecture, very much the opposite of QPs and SPs.  Todd might move it to the mystical forum...Big Grin

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
      light on my feet
      United States
      Member #356
      May 20, 2002
      2744 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

back on topic:

There are no published statistics to determine a batting average on what method (QP v PP) works best. There is only an unfounded claim that cannot be disproved or proven. Sales of tickets go up when jackpots increase, so to say one method is superior without all the facts is really an Assumption. If PP’s did not work for the players what difference does it make? Why the drive to prove QP’s are superior? Why the drive to discredit PP’s? Why do the PP people have to prove anything to anyone? It’s their money and their entertainment. They can live with it, but you can’t. Get a life.

If someone does not approve how they play it is a personal problem. My wins in both PP’s and QP’s are not an issue when I deposit the money. Nobody is there to say “you can’t do that” or “the batting average does not allow you to take the run”.

Why do subscribing members have to put up with the constant needling here from a handful of naysayers who never win? Are we the target of their bad luck like some whipping boy? When the shoe is on the other foot they demand proof and get all nancy that someone is trashing their thread. LP draws system players and that is a fact, like it or not. How many sites are there for QP players with active forums? If the QP was the bees knees, then there should be all kinds of forums out there, sadly there is not. I could not find one. Who in their right mind would gravitate to such nonsense?

I think the QP crowd here is all sour grapes for losing and wants the PP players to share the misery. Any system player has endurance and discipline to go the length; the quitters will always be on the sidelines telling them to join them with false and incomplete statistics saying that systematic play is futile. They probably are glad they finished high School because the “prove me crowd” are always uneducated and favor stupid superstition over facts. They like to brow beat the educated because they think education is futile like their own failed fruits of it are.

The games are hard enough as it is to win, why add to it? Does losing consume your every thought? Are you looking for a vehicle to vent and share your misery, your sour grapes? Don’t be surprised if the PP players have a little fun at your narcissistic misery. It’s entertaining to watch the true strokers who live in glass houses.

There are not enough published facts to evaluate the topic. Live with it. That is not bullying so don’t PM the ump for him to take sides. Grow up, get out more and try to live up a dog’s opinion of yourself. If the meds aren’t working get them evaluated so we can share the benefit too. The bottom line is you have nothing to say how someone plays or wins- NOTHING!

DD

"They probably are glad they finished high School because the “prove me crowd” are always uneducated and favor stupid superstition over facts.

this is but another gem that will make the DD credibility hit parade.

"always uneducated"

"favor stupid superstition over facts"

nice work there DD.

you probably just insulted a 1/3rd of the worlds population with that "gem" Green laugh

you sure are a psychoILLogical  study in humanity,  that you can be so "learned",   but yet so off the scale socially and integrity inept

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

United States
        Member #68002
        December 10, 2008
        477 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

There's that word again INTEGRITY it's starting too get on my nerves  it  sounds so "RLGS" I think I will "BAN"  it from my vocabulary seeing as how it's been taken over by the "RLGS Right"

light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

you know DD,  the board wonders why if you are such the great gatekeeper of all things "knowledgeable",  why can't you quit talking about it as IF you know it,  and actually show us?

it's no secret you don't like me,  and no,  i am not head over heels about you either,  so really,  it makes the perfect scenario in here about showing what actually does what over time.

your a talker, i am a doer,  but this is your chance for people to see you can back up yo trash talking,  so lets do this.

your "system"  against my culled from LP QP generator picks.

you can pick the game you are "proficient" at even.   aren't i nice?

"black hat" vs "white hat"

you can even pick what "hat"  you wanna wear to our "rodeo",  if that makes you feel better about it.

i know people,  and this guy will avoid OK corral like the plague.    the integrity bar was set too high

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

From Gail Howard on the topic:

-- Quick Picks are used by people who want to be in the action without putting any effort into winning. When you read articles about jackpot winners, it appears as though they all used either Quick Picks, birth dates or their children's ages. The vast majority of people do play that way. If the majority of tickets sold are Quick Picks, then it makes sense that the majority of jackpots won should be won with Quick Picks. However, when I saw the actual statistics, I found that you have a better chance of winning by picking numbers randomly out of a hat than by using Quick Picks.

-- I read some eye opening figures in a Canadian paper. In Canada, 47.8 percent of all tickets sold were Quick Picks but only 20.8 percent of the winning tickets were Quick Picks. This means that 52.2 percent of jackpot winners did NOT use Quick Picks and they won 79.2 percent of the jackpots! These figures were based on a 12-month study made by the Canadian Lottery.

According to an article about the New York State Lottery that appeared in the November 8, 1996 New York Daily News, "Quick Pick is not the best route to winning. More than half of all players use Quick Pick instead of selecting their own numbers. But Quick Pick has accounted for only 38 percent of the winners."

Quoted from the book "Lottery Master Guide" by Gail Howard

I will trust G.H. any day of the week over someone's unfounded 'expert' opinion. She quotes and documents. Just the facts ma'am.Green laugh

DD

I always believe everything people tell me when they're trying to sell me something, sure I do.  I mean afterall, why would they lie?

By the way, how many SHAM-WOWS and SLAP-CHOPS has Vince the Sham-Wow guy sold you?

It slices, it dices, isn't that amazing? 

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

light on my feet
              United States
              Member #356
              May 20, 2002
              2744 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

There's that word again INTEGRITY it's starting too get on my nerves  it  sounds so "RLGS" I think I will "BAN"  it from my vocabulary seeing as how it's been taken over by the "RLGS Right"

it should only bother someone when they are on the OTHER SIDE of the tracks on that issue.

doesn't ever seem to bother me when someone throws it up in a room

and no,  try not to lump me into stereotypes,  because even though i "favor"  the right on most issues,  i pick integrity,  which means if the "left"  is right on an issue - i will pick that

see how integrity works?

integrity laden people have a future.

non integrity people live for the moment,  and put thier future in jeopardy

(1st vision 2:5)

United States
                Member #68002
                December 10, 2008
                477 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

I disagree I LIVE  for  the moment  BECAUSE I KNOW my future  AND  my future  looks BRIGHT!!! therefore I can ENJOY  the here and now and not worry about the future see there's always another side too  your conservative views integrity has nothing too do  with our  future so it's okay  for some people too have  it  and others not too have it.

light on my feet
                  United States
                  Member #356
                  May 20, 2002
                  2744 Posts
                  Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

here we go,  day #321 clogging the thread with back and forth non sense instead of showing something

say what you will,  the few systems players in here barking that "it works"  have yet to come forward on the easiest challenge possible that would give all of us an accurate window into whether it "does"  or not.

what person so sure about their position in life,  runs in the other direction from it?

people that can't back up what they claim - that's who

50+pages and over 19,000 views and still no one

but "you guys"  are so sure..... ------->Sleep

United States
                    Member #68002
                    December 10, 2008
                    477 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

We're  sure  because using our method of play we have won money a lot more than you have so whatever  we are doing it seems  too work better  for  us  then your  method does for you

light on my feet
                      United States
                      Member #356
                      May 20, 2002
                      2744 Posts
                      Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

I disagree I LIVE  for  the moment  BECAUSE I KNOW my future  AND  my future  looks BRIGHT!!! therefore I can ENJOY  the here and now and not worry about the future see there's always another side too  your conservative views integrity has nothing too do  with our  future so it's okay  for some people too have  it  and others not too have it.

you should see my facebook page,  then you would notice i live for the moment too (but within context),  squeezing out ever ounce of fun in life there is left before the dirt nap.

i just realize  during that foot on the gas move,  that integrity still has to be my predecessor before i decide "should i do this, or say this"

no ones perfect,  certainly not me,   but if you don't have integrity......no one will believe what you say over time.

words and actions are collective over time,  and the BSers of life come to naught eventually,  no matter how good they are at flinging it intially.

i am a finely tuned BS detector

it's what i do

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #22395
                        September 24, 2005
                        1583 Posts
                        Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

I always believe everything people tell me when they're trying to sell me something, sure I do.  I mean afterall, why would they lie?

By the way, how many SHAM-WOWS and SLAP-CHOPS has Vince the Sham-Wow guy sold you?

It slices, it dices, isn't that amazing? 

I am with you on this one.  I wouldn't mind seeing what proof Gail Howard has for the figures she published.  Actually, I guess I'd like to see that Canadian paper and their proofs.  Now I'm sounding like a Quick Picker.  Big Grin

light on my feet
                          United States
                          Member #356
                          May 20, 2002
                          2744 Posts
                          Posted: August 13, 2010, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

actually,  technically speaking that is partially true.

partially,  because you probably HAVE won more money over time then i have.

wanna bet you lost way more money than i will even spend in the FUTURE playing the lottery.

and,  that you haven't won more than you have lost over time.

you kinda forgot about that part of it,  tech

anyway,  i play for the one time occurance anyway,  not the bits and pieces along that journey.

i will be interested in your comment when it does happen to me

light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Posted: August 13, 2010, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

VISIONDUDE

you did it as a disrespectful / underhanded swipe per our PM conversations.

you forget,  i am good at revealing the motivation(s) of people

Prove it because  at the moment your just guessing unless you can read my mind your way off base what's with you and this GOD complex  you have?? like you know  every darn thing goodness  you need  too get off that high horse of yours the air up there is messing with your brain

so you deny that you did it on purpose as an intended underhanded swipe?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: August 13, 2010, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

I am with you on this one.  I wouldn't mind seeing what proof Gail Howard has for the figures she published.  Actually, I guess I'd like to see that Canadian paper and their proofs.  Now I'm sounding like a Quick Picker.  Big Grin

I play both ways. Birthday/Lucky PP's and QP's.

But some people wanted me firmly pigeonholed in the QP camp after I had the audacity to question the merits of one method versus another.

That's when the longknives came out.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Page 58 of 78