Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky and unlucky Scratch-off ticket numbers

Topic closed. 561 replies. Last post 6 years ago by MattfromPA.

Page 10 of 38
PrintE-mailLink
Coppery's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
East Coast
United States
Member #96936
September 8, 2010
19 Posts
Posted: September 11, 2010, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Won 100 twice on Money Money Money over last 10 days.

Stupidly listened to a store manager tell me to play a 20 dollar 000. It lost of course.

SE PA
    United States
    Member #93582
    July 3, 2010
    1866 Posts
    Posted: September 12, 2010, 12:22 am - IP Logged

Well, I got a $25 winner on #34 in JumboBucks. But then I spent it on 3 BWS tickets, #7-9, thinking one would win since #5 lost and #6 has been losing. But no, all losers! Something is very wrong with BWS right now. I might even switch to Money Money Money.

SE PA
      United States
      Member #93582
      July 3, 2010
      1866 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2010, 12:41 am - IP Logged

I can think of three reasons why I got all those losers in the first 10 on BWS:

1) #000 and #001 both won pretty big. And I did get a #000 $50 winner not that long ago. Very possible.

2) #6 suddenly won, and I didn't get that ticket. Not likely, but still possible.

3) Lots of bad rolls now out there. Very possible.

I think it's choice #1 or #3, and with either one, BWS is not worth playing.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #74096
        May 2, 2009
        22945 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2010, 11:43 am - IP Logged

That's why it might be good to go back to the old games before they end - might get a chance at one of those remaining prizes. I have no doubt they hold back prizes at times. I can't believe Birthday Cash still has 15 $50,000s left!

I'll let you know if I see that new $3 ticket. I tend to buy Lotto at four places: 2 Giant supermarkets, Wegmans (other than the $100 Diamonds & Pearls, hasn't been very lucky), a beer store nearby, and sometimes a Turkey Hill (rarely.) Haven't seen it at any of them. How many places do you buy your tickets from, dr65?

I usually get my tickets from the local small chain grocery store near me or the gas station - they both have machines so it's not possible to

see the ticket you're buying until it shoots out of the slot. If I'm at the mall, I like to visit the lottery store and take a look at the ticket numbers in

the case. I also love looking at the copies of tickets they have displayed of the big winners. I've already bought tickets from Giant too.

There's a tobacco shop not far from me that sells tickets in the case and in the machine, I like that place too. They have a LOT of customers and

high ticket sales.

But I mainly go to just the 2 places - they are close and convenient.

Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #74096
          May 2, 2009
          22945 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2010, 11:45 am - IP Logged

Won 100 twice on Money Money Money over last 10 days.

Stupidly listened to a store manager tell me to play a 20 dollar 000. It lost of course.

Good ones Coppery!! I haven't tried them since the $100 win. I don't trust them..lol.

Good job!!

Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #74096
            May 2, 2009
            22945 Posts
            Posted: September 12, 2010, 11:56 am - IP Logged

Well, I got a $25 winner on #34 in JumboBucks. But then I spent it on 3 BWS tickets, #7-9, thinking one would win since #5 lost and #6 has been losing. But no, all losers! Something is very wrong with BWS right now. I might even switch to Money Money Money.

Hey!! Super win on the JumboBucks Matt!! I haven't seen any action lately from those...not even a $5 win. I think I have definitely made my mind up.

This release is a JUNK release. I'm avoiding them. The older ones are by far, better.

wow, but the BWS....I'm not sure about them either. I haven't seen them laying on piles of turned in tickets (at my local store, they just pile up

the tickets next to the machine....ones I see more of are the $250,000 for life - $10 ticket and the Fantastic Fives...I don't reach over and go through

them, I can just see the edges of the tickets sticking out from the pile. I see a lot of $2 ones turned in too...but without looking through them, I don't

know if they're just $2 ones...probably)

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
              Harrison Township Michigan
              United States
              Member #90088
              April 21, 2010
              4265 Posts
              Posted: September 12, 2010, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

IMHO: In Michigan any Ticket Produced after April of 2010 is Un-Lucky!

Buyer Beware.

Cutla$$Bob

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

SE PA
                United States
                Member #93582
                July 3, 2010
                1866 Posts
                Posted: September 12, 2010, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, dr65! I tried your suggestion of 10x the Money.. got $10 on #126, but it took 6 losers before I got it. State still makes money - lol.

One guy at the beer store told me that BWS rarely gets turned in there.. perhaps I was particularly lucky on it before and it's back to being itself. I trust BWS LESS than Money Money Money right now.

SE PA
                  United States
                  Member #93582
                  July 3, 2010
                  1866 Posts
                  Posted: September 12, 2010, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Pretty good Eagles ticket today - $20. Had a touchdown symbol, but $2 under it, with some other small matches. Ticket was #46. Still no luck on $10s (D&P and BWS.) I have a little extra money now, but my patience is wearing thin. I think the #22 win on Diamonds & Pearls was a fluke, because got the dreaded number today with a loss.

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #74096
                    May 2, 2009
                    22945 Posts
                    Posted: September 12, 2010, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Matt lol I got a 022 ticket the other day and was ready to toss it...It was a Platinum Bingo..imagine my surprise when it actually won!

Just $5.00

The amount was not much but the feeling of winning on an 022 was...but just like the Money, Money, Money...until I win much more often on

022, I won't feel too much different about them.

Don't you love getting one of the symbols? I like the tickets that offer a bonus symbol..it's fun to get one even though it might be only the lowest

amount. The 7x symbol on the Winning 7's ticket was fun to see. Come to think of it, I've had more of the double 77 than the 7x's symbols. I

think I've only had one of the 77 symbols so far.

Great job on the EAGLES ticket today!! 4 x the face amount is a good win!!

I'm going to keep on searching and find a good one, one day.

Good luck!!

SE PA
                      United States
                      Member #93582
                      July 3, 2010
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: September 12, 2010, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Yep, the symbol games are fun. Especially when you get a big one!

Went back to more Money Money Money, and 2 more losers. I think all the tens are big teases right now. What number does Money Money Money go up to?

SE PA
                        United States
                        Member #93582
                        July 3, 2010
                        1866 Posts
                        Posted: September 13, 2010, 12:10 am - IP Logged

OK, I get to play $100 in a couple days. I'm really trying to plan out how to use it. Based on what games have been hitting for me, any advice on how to distribute?

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #74096
                          May 2, 2009
                          22945 Posts
                          Posted: September 13, 2010, 1:49 am - IP Logged

Yep, the symbol games are fun. Especially when you get a big one!

Went back to more Money Money Money, and 2 more losers. I think all the tens are big teases right now. What number does Money Money Money go up to?

Hmm, we will need Keystone's excellent information..but I believe that game goes up to 029 but I could be wrong. I believe also that you have

a great point Matt. I haven't been having luck on the $10 ones lately either....well, let me put it this way: if it does win, it's only $10 and there

are more times it does not win than it wins.

SE PA
                            United States
                            Member #93582
                            July 3, 2010
                            1866 Posts
                            Posted: September 13, 2010, 2:20 am - IP Logged

Today my losing Money Money Money tickets were #36 and #37 - perhaps it goes to #59? It sells out faster than BWS and D&P.

Have a great night, dr65!

United States
                              United States
                              Member #60097
                              April 5, 2008
                              3958 Posts
                              Posted: September 13, 2010, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Today my losing Money Money Money tickets were #36 and #37 - perhaps it goes to #59? It sells out faster than BWS and D&P.

Have a great night, dr65!

Big Winner Spectacular goes up to 119 (numbers 000 through 119).  Unless the Money Money Money tickets are back to the old way of putting 60 in the book then they should go up to 119 as well since they are 10 dollar denomination.

Most of the one dollar tickets have 300 in a book...........000 through 299

Two dollar tickets.............000 through 149.  (150 in a book)

Three dollar.....................000 through 099 (100 in a book)

Five dollar........................000 through 059 (60 in a book)

Ten dollar....................000 through 119 (120 in a book); some of the specialty tickets are 000 through 059 in a book (60 total)

20 dollar.......................some are 000 through 029 in a book while others 000 through 059 (some have 30 in a book; while some tickets are 60 in a book)

Maximum number of losers is 2.5X the odds on the back of the ticket............that's how the computer is set up at lottery headquarters.  So if the odds are 1: 4.23 on the back of the ticket then there can be 11 consecutive losers..............always have to round up the number when it has a decimal.  In general there will not be more than 3 winners in a row, although one lotterypost member mentioned 4 winners in a row. 

For the Money Money Money ticket there can be up to 9 losers in a row, and in rare cases up to 3 winners in a row.  Money Money Money has the best chance of winning a 100 dollar or larger prize on any of the 10 dollar tickets that are currently in circulation.

Sometimes hot packs of tickets are shipped to localized areas..............so if a particular ticket seems "hot" in your area................keep an eye out on them.

Big Wins For All!

Page 10 of 38