Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky and unlucky Scratch-off ticket numbers

Topic closed. 561 replies. Last post 6 years ago by MattfromPA.

Page 9 of 38
PrintE-mailLink
SE PA
United States
Member #93582
July 3, 2010
1866 Posts
Posted: September 7, 2010, 12:56 am - IP Logged

Sure is! The clerk was impressed. It has been a long time since I got a $40 winner on a $2 ticket. I guess the 70s are good after all on $2 tickets. Thanks for the congrats!

The Treasure Hunt winner had $40 under a key symbol.

SE PA
    United States
    Member #93582
    July 3, 2010
    1866 Posts
    Posted: September 8, 2010, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Interesting tidbit.. #15 has won 3 times in a row on BWS. It seems there are a couple to a few hot numbers for a while, and then they can be changed up.

I tried Triple Winning 7s, and it was a bust.. 6 losers in a row. Didn't try the 7th even though it had a good chance of winning.

Another unlucky number I've been seeing lately on all games is #10.

SE PA
      United States
      Member #93582
      July 3, 2010
      1866 Posts
      Posted: September 8, 2010, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

This makes little sense. Remember, I got a $100 winner on BWS #98. Well, I got #98, 99, 100 today and they all lost. Usually, #95, 96, and #97 lose. So either they are holding back winners, or too many dry spots are appearing in the game again. I'm taking a break if I don't win this afternoon.

Two days ago, I got winners on #29 and #30 on JumboBucks. But nothing today on either #33 or #34.

Coppery's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
        East Coast
        United States
        Member #96936
        September 8, 2010
        19 Posts
        Posted: September 8, 2010, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

I have never won on the last ticket on the roll in PA, MD or VA.

SE PA
          United States
          Member #93582
          July 3, 2010
          1866 Posts
          Posted: September 9, 2010, 1:06 am - IP Logged

OK, I'm starting to get angry, and that's always a good time to take a break. I am officially on a couple day break. All I am playing is the $10 I won on $50 A Day For Life and a $4 $1,000 A Week For Life Winner.

I swear, the state puts no BWS winners at all in the 70s. It's ridiculous. I only got 2 $10 winners on the $10 tickets out of 9 played.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #74096
            May 2, 2009
            22862 Posts
            Posted: September 10, 2010, 9:53 am - IP Logged

I think that's a good way to turn things around. When it seems there's nothing but losers or no *good* winners, I think the best thing to do is

either change tickets, stop for a break - or go to another store or go on a varitey spree (not spending more than you normally would though

Big Smile)

Sometimes I'll put $20/$40 in and just press buttons - one of each, two of each - and try my luck that way rather than getting what I would normally

like to get. Like the Eagles and Steelers tickets, I normally do not like them, especially since they no longer have the *new* status in my book.

They are now about as good as the old ones....and that's not so good. Anyway, Eagles ticket #058 was a $5 winner and #059 was a $10 winner.

I think at this point, that's about the best they'll do - of course, there will be winners of $100 and higher but I think they'll be more spaced out

with A LOT less winners in between.

One good thing is.....there's always a new release on the horizon. Another good thing is this: I'm convinced now that the latest release of new

tickets was a bummer release....I think I've tested them enough to be able to make that claim..Roll Eyes lol....but there will be more! The upcoming

releases won't be bombs. They can't do 2 bomb months in a row, it's not typical...even of PA Lottery.

So bring on the end of the month...I'll be there! - at least for the first week - that's especially where the winners will be.

SE PA
              United States
              Member #93582
              July 3, 2010
              1866 Posts
              Posted: September 10, 2010, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

I think I'll do that again today, dr65 - BWS just had a big win, so maybe the winners are fewer right now. I never had such a cold streak on it. Any recommendations for a couple games to change to?

I can back you up on all the latest games, though JumboBucks has hit a few times for $5 and $10, and Treasure Hunt had the $40 win.  Money Money Money might be the worst tease ever.

Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #74096
                May 2, 2009
                22862 Posts
                Posted: September 10, 2010, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Uh-oh Matt....I think all I just wrote up there before might have just been due to a run of bad luck rather than due to the crooks the PA Lottery...

Nahhhh.....they're still crooks (considering the mass amount of LOSERS compared to winners...Evil SmileEvil Smile - - - I agree with you here lol)

BUT! It is fun to play and there's always that chance to come upon a mondo ticket. $$$$$

Okay, the reason I say - due to a run of bad luck is this - I tried a Money, Money, Money....I can't believe the words actually came out of my

mouth at the counter but, scratched it off and matched number 18 for $100. The ticket number was also 018.

Not super big but kind of restores some faith in the new tickets.

I'm still looking forward to the new releases, but do not feel as deflated about the older/new releases. That's not to say either, that I'm going to

go out and buy all Money, Money, Money from now on...I still think they still generally STINK.

Hmmm...a good one to try?

I'll try not to be partial...

For winning more than the value of the ticket - 10x THE MONEY....at least you get more of a chance, imo, to make double (whoopie!) of the ticket

price and up to 10 times the ticket price. Where the better ones are, I do not know yet. I did get a 10x symbol lately, but...bummer, the spot

only had $1 under it...Sad Cheers

RUBY 7's AND EMERALD 8's - I've had numerous times where I've won $20 and once an $80. These more often will pay $5.00

MILLIONAIRE MONOPOLY - I just love these....there's the chance to get tophats, hotels and bonuses...$50, $100 or $1,000. A LOT of times I got

what I paid (whoopie!) but have had tophats A LOT of times on these...many times I've uncovered amounts of $100 total....most often seems

to be $20 but these at least, seem better than the rest.

GOLDBAR CROSSWORD ($3)....There are a lot of $100 prizes left on these tickets last time I checked. $100 isn't life changing but brings a bit of

ticket playing cushion in the off times.

BANKROLL....actually is not that bad. You do have the chance to uncover a bankroll and win $20. I've had some with 4 spots @ $5 already.

Sooo...while they're all probably pretty much the same (don't let you win without PA Lottery winning first..) those are the ones that I noticed do

just a little bit better.

The $20 ones? Well...Cash Fever can develop a fever and burst into flames for all I care. That's the biggest stinker ticket.

Monopoly is my favorite $20 ticket...that's the only ticket I'd appreciate coming out again after the last top prize is won on the one out right now.

OH!

Where is this new block bingo ticket or whatever they call it?

Never released for purchase? Or what? Have you seen it?

I only saw it on the website.

Maybe they yanked it from vendors because a misprint created ALL winners lol!

Wouldn't that be ticket heaven?

LOL

SE PA
                  United States
                  Member #93582
                  July 3, 2010
                  1866 Posts
                  Posted: September 10, 2010, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Congrats, dr65! That's big for me - I never get over $100. I looked and have seen there have been numerous $1,000 winners from people in Royersford and Collegeville (I look in the Winners Circle on the Lottery website), which are near me - but I haven't found one yet.

I don't have much money to spend today, so I think I'll wait on trying another MMM ticket until I get more - I've lost so much on those things. #18 usually stinks on BWS and Diamonds and Pearls - guess MMM really has a unique system.

I haven't seen the new $3 Bingo. Very strange.

SE PA
                    United States
                    Member #93582
                    July 3, 2010
                    1866 Posts
                    Posted: September 10, 2010, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

I am fed up with the $10 tickets. I just bought #14 and #15 on Diamonds & Pearls, and both should not have lost - but they did. I'm building up with $2 tickets - might try the Bankroll suggestion.

Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      22862 Posts
                      Posted: September 10, 2010, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, here too. I don't think there are any right now that are outstanding. I tried the $250,000 for Life tonight and matched 2 numbers....for

$5 each. Shame, shame...they have none! lol

On the winning 7's tonight, I found a 7x symbol....more shame....it was a $1 under the 7x = $7.00

I'm eager for the new ones to come out.

Oh, still haven't seen the new Bingo ticket that's on the website. That is strange.

SE PA
                        United States
                        Member #93582
                        July 3, 2010
                        1866 Posts
                        Posted: September 10, 2010, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Hopeless as I am, I made one last try, dr65 - and finally won again on Money Money Money #16 - $10, though. Diamonds & Pearls #73 also won - $20. Nothing major, but I have some more to play with. I wish I had enough to try your winning #18 on Money Money Money, but the way I was going, I couldn't.

Hope we both have good luck on the new games!

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #74096
                          May 2, 2009
                          22862 Posts
                          Posted: September 11, 2010, 8:56 am - IP Logged

Look at this link, it shows the New Bingo ticket...I guess it's supposed to be out there somewhere - if you see it in your travels, could you let

me know? What?

Odd. I've never seen a new release not available.

http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/instant-game-show.aspx?id=433

Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #74096
                            May 2, 2009
                            22862 Posts
                            Posted: September 11, 2010, 9:32 am - IP Logged

lol Matt - At least it wasn't a wash. You won on both! With those $10 ones lately, that is pretty good. I think there's a whole lotta people

employed in that PA instant ticket department...people designing, people manufacturing and people......calculating Evil

The winners have to be out there but there's some real thought put into how to space the winners. Did you ever look at the winners circle link

on the PA website for the list of instant winners of $1,000 or more? It's on the left hand side of the page. Click on that and take a look at the

different months. Mighty revealing. They tease us and everyone else with some good ones in the beginning - then if you look at some of the more

'ancient tickets'...they've been out a long time but are being claimed at, IMO, a pitiful rate. There are a lot of winners but nowhere near what they

advertise. I'm not saying they're not printed, just not won in the time it takes for the game to be retired (when all the top prizes are claimed)

Their payouts that aren't, lol, are probably very high. Lucky them. No Nod

SE PA
                              United States
                              Member #93582
                              July 3, 2010
                              1866 Posts
                              Posted: September 11, 2010, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

That's why it might be good to go back to the old games before they end - might get a chance at one of those remaining prizes. I have no doubt they hold back prizes at times. I can't believe Birthday Cash still has 15 $50,000s left!

I'll let you know if I see that new $3 ticket. I tend to buy Lotto at four places: 2 Giant supermarkets, Wegmans (other than the $100 Diamonds & Pearls, hasn't been very lucky), a beer store nearby, and sometimes a Turkey Hill (rarely.) Haven't seen it at any of them. How many places do you buy your tickets from, dr65?

Page 9 of 38