Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky and unlucky Scratch-off ticket numbers

Topic closed. 561 replies. Last post 6 years ago by MattfromPA.

Page 3 of 38
PrintE-mailLink
Stu26's avatar - erebus cross.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #95060
August 2, 2010
87 Posts
Posted: August 4, 2010, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

lol Stu!

I've been *that next guy/gal* more than enough times already and I feel sorry for him/her too.

No Nod

I think the number rarely wins but one of these days it'll win the big prize and hopefully someone from the LP buys it! Can you see the ticket number in your state without having to ask before buying it?

The winning ticket tonight was #20 for $10. Time to hit a new store tomorrow.

Never underestimate the Power of Prayer. Blue Angel

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22834 Posts
    Posted: August 4, 2010, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

I think the number rarely wins but one of these days it'll win the big prize and hopefully someone from the LP buys it! Can you see the ticket number in your state without having to ask before buying it?

The winning ticket tonight was #20 for $10. Time to hit a new store tomorrow.

Chances are good that somewhere, sometime, someone will win the big one on 022. I doubt, though, it'll be me. 022 hates me. That's okay

because I've got some numbers that like me.

Big Smile

In the vending machine, of course, we can't see what'll be spit out next...we have to buy one then go from there. Anytime that 022 comes

out, I get a sinking feeling. Just once out of so many times, it's been more than zilch.

We can see the ticket numbers if the tickets are in a display case or under the counter/glass top...I've never had a clerk turn down my request

for what the next ticket number is, they're pretty good about it. I've seen a thread here about marks on different tickets...plus symbols and

dashes..I have yet to discover one with a color code that's been discussed. In my experience, there is no defining mark that is a tell-tale sign a

ticket is a winner. The ticket numbers themselves show more than any mark - IMO.

This is a good topic, it is interesting to know what ticket numbers are hitting and which are not.

GOOD THREAD!

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
      North Dakota
      United States
      Member #13397
      April 5, 2005
      1623 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2010, 8:17 am - IP Logged

A friend of mine hit the top prize for a $2 monopoly instant ticket in Oklahoma last year.  He scanned the ticket and sent me a copy and low and behold the winning ticket number was 008. (My lucky ticket number)

Also, not sure if we have any avid GA players or not... but when I was in a quick stop I saw three scanned $50,000 winners (Jumbo Bucks Classic) and the winning numbers were both 1 (not the ticket number the WINNING numbers).  I find that a little ironic.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Philly, PA
        United States
        Member #93645
        July 4, 2010
        27 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2010, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Was just really unlucky in PA

Big Winner Spectacular ($10) #67,68 both losers

$10,000 a month for life ($5) #53,54,55,56,57,58 all losers

SE PA
          United States
          Member #93582
          July 3, 2010
          1866 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2010, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Uh oh - I got #67 on BWS today. Haven't done badly lately, but no luck today so far - #25 on Birthday Cash lost, and so did #120-122 on $1,000 A Week for Life

SE PA
            United States
            Member #93582
            July 3, 2010
            1866 Posts
            Posted: August 8, 2010, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Well, #67 on BWS won $20. See, that game seems pretty random. I once got 6 losers in a row on #110-115, but I broke the bank a bit to play out of it, and the next two (#116 and #117) were $10 winners luckily.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
              Pittsburg, Ks
              United States
              Member #3382
              January 17, 2004
              80614 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2010, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Well, #67 on BWS won $20. See, that game seems pretty random. I once got 6 losers in a row on #110-115, but I broke the bank a bit to play out of it, and the next two (#116 and #117) were $10 winners luckily.

I have 5 losing tickets called Honeycomb Cash and the numbers are from 123-125. I asked the clerk what was the best scratcher he told me Beginner's Luck. I won $10 and a free ticket.

Aquestion. Should I stay with  the same scrather until it runs out or change games every once in a while?

God Bless America

US Flag

SE PA
                United States
                Member #93582
                July 3, 2010
                1866 Posts
                Posted: August 8, 2010, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

Hi! They say staying with one scratcher game for a period of time is better, but admittedly I don't follow that advice enough. I like playing different games.

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  22834 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2010, 12:25 am - IP Logged

New Eagles ticket - touch down plus 3 $5 winning spots = $50 - ticket number 034 What?

Funny payouts lately....7 x $5 plus $15

Oh and on the 9's in a line....bought 10 of them and ticket number 089 was $19....I had to look twice, I thought it was $10...weird.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                    Pittsburg, Ks
                    United States
                    Member #3382
                    January 17, 2004
                    80614 Posts
                    Posted: August 9, 2010, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

I have been reading about the luck some people are having with 022. Maybe Stephen King could write a novel about it

God Bless America

US Flag

SE PA
                      United States
                      Member #93582
                      July 3, 2010
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: August 10, 2010, 12:08 am - IP Logged

Today on Big Winner Spectacular ($10), #56 won $20 and #97 a loser.

#43 on Diamonds And Pearls loser. I think I'll stick with BWS unless someone thinks D&P is lucky.

#31 on Birthday Cash loser. #133, 134 on Reeses ($2) losers and #136 on Reeses won $4.

Speaking of unlucky numbers, what is the longest everyone has gone on a row (on one ticket roll) without winning? On $1 9s in a Line, I once bought 7 tickets without a winner. The $2-$10 tickets have all had 6 losers in a row at some point.

Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #74096
                        May 2, 2009
                        22834 Posts
                        Posted: August 11, 2010, 1:49 am - IP Logged

I have 5 losing tickets called Honeycomb Cash and the numbers are from 123-125. I asked the clerk what was the best scratcher he told me Beginner's Luck. I won $10 and a free ticket.

Aquestion. Should I stay with  the same scrather until it runs out or change games every once in a while?

Wheeler, just my opinion, I think you should play the new ones...in the first week or two. They like to make it look like the latest new ones are

the best thing since the last new ones....little do they know, some people are pretty much on to that game. They like to give a higher concentration

of winners to *sell* the ticket to the masses. Then after about 2 weeks the winnings drop like lead weights and become no better than the old

tickets.

I play the newer ones at 5 - 10 at a time. The old ones, I buy one at a pop and figure if I don't get a winner on the first one

out, then the next one probably isn't a winner either. I do like to buy $1 tickets 20 at a time just because winners are more spaced out even

with the new releases although, you might have 2 or 3 in a row, then a skip of 4 - 5, then another 2 in a row.

I wouldn't play a game until it ends. I'd jump around with more attention to the new tickets.

Good luck and get a real good one!

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #74096
                          May 2, 2009
                          22834 Posts
                          Posted: August 11, 2010, 1:52 am - IP Logged

Today on Big Winner Spectacular ($10), #56 won $20 and #97 a loser.

#43 on Diamonds And Pearls loser. I think I'll stick with BWS unless someone thinks D&P is lucky.

#31 on Birthday Cash loser. #133, 134 on Reeses ($2) losers and #136 on Reeses won $4.

Speaking of unlucky numbers, what is the longest everyone has gone on a row (on one ticket roll) without winning? On $1 9s in a Line, I once bought 7 tickets without a winner. The $2-$10 tickets have all had 6 losers in a row at some point.

I don't play the bws anymore. I did like it when it came out new. It seemed like I was getting the cost of the ticket too much or nothing at all.

I bought a string of Triple Winning 7's today and had ticket number 055 win $77 (double seven was in the play area and that's win $77 instantly)

This is the second ticket I found with double 7's - maybe they have quite a few out there. It's worth a try here and there.

SE PA
                            United States
                            Member #93582
                            July 3, 2010
                            1866 Posts
                            Posted: August 11, 2010, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

I play BWS because of the chance at a big payout.. last time I checked, there were still 11 $250,000s. It's a long shot, but you never know.

I'll try to get the mid 50s on those $2 tickets - haven't been able to yet. Thanks again for the report!

SE PA
                              United States
                              Member #93582
                              July 3, 2010
                              1866 Posts
                              Posted: August 11, 2010, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

#43 on BWS, loser again. Seems to be a popular losing # on the $10 tickets.

Page 3 of 38