Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:12 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky and unlucky Scratch-off ticket numbers

Topic closed. 561 replies. Last post 6 years ago by MattfromPA.

Page 6 of 38
PrintE-mailLink
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
23238 Posts
Posted: August 23, 2010, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

I had a crazy Eagles ticket today...a goal post and a TD symbol on one ticket!

I rubbed off the numbers first and saw the GP symbol and thought yay! a symbol then continued on to rub off a TD symbol (I was thinking

misprint....I don't remember getting 2 symbols on one ticket - EVER)

Anyway the ticket was worth $100 and the ticket number was #020

Each of the symbols were $10 so 10 x 3 + 10 x 7 = $100. I expected $5 each symbol for $50 so that was an okay ticket for $100 tonight.

SE PA
    United States
    Member #93582
    July 3, 2010
    1873 Posts
    Posted: August 23, 2010, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

Good job getting $100 again, dr65! How many tickets of the same game do you usually have to buy to get a big winner?

You described perfectly what I'm feeling during my losing streak. It made me feel better. I did get a $4 Solid Gold win today on #96 (only one win in 10 tickets), and another $2 win, but the BWS and Diamond Mine lost. The losing tickets were #96 on BWS and #10 on Diamond Mine.

Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      23238 Posts
      Posted: August 24, 2010, 9:19 am - IP Logged

Thank you, that one was more thrilling just because it had 2 symbols...I'd like to get the ultimate surprise and scratch a winner of $1MILL!

I saw the new tickets yesterday! Hmmm, I'm not too impressed right now. I bought 5 of the $2 tickets and had a $2 and 2 of the $5 tickets and

got nothing and one of the $10 ones and zilch...went and bought another $10 and nothing.....wow, if these aren't the teasers I was talking about,

then I'm passing judgement on them too soon. I'll try some more at other stores.

I don't buy big runs of anything but the $1 & $2 tickets...those I'll buy at 20 and 10 at a time. The $5, $10 and $20 I'll buy up to 4, 2 and 2 out of

one machine because I don't like being stuck in a rut where the winner went out right before I started buying them (maybe the next 10 will

be nothing in that case) I will usually buy one here and one there hoping that's the one that hits. If it doesn't, then I'll try 2 more $5's or one more

$10 or one more $20. I find the best way is to move around buying one or two (higher priced tickets) out of a machine or display then stop if they

don't produce. Many times - and this involves sheer luck - I find a winner on the first one I buy. I've already put $60 in a machine with no luck

at all too. This game is being at the right place at the right time. I've purchased a lot of losers too (that would be: wrong place, wrong time lol)

$100 isn't too big a deal but I get happy to find one because it kind of restores the faith in those times where all I'm winning is the face amount

or double the face amount or NOTHING....sometimes you have to wonder, where the heck are the better ones?!?

Oh and the Solid Gold tickets...yesterday I found a gold bar, ticket #177....and I had a feeling about that one....$1 on each prize line = $5.00 LOL

SE PA
        United States
        Member #93582
        July 3, 2010
        1873 Posts
        Posted: August 24, 2010, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like a good strategy! Do you scratch all your tickets off at the store? I usually take mine home to enjoy, but I'm not sure if that's the best way. I usually only buy a lot from one machine if I'm desperate to get winners. Right now I can't afford that, so I'll have to setttle for a couple of the new games. Sorry you didn't have much luck on the new ones - hope they do better!

Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #74096
          May 2, 2009
          23238 Posts
          Posted: August 24, 2010, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Most times I'll scratch them at the store - but there's a danger to that you have to take into account....win, collect, right next to the machine, put

some money back into the machine. It could go the other way too, lose, don't collect, put more money into the machine anyway. LOL

I like to do the game tickets at home...Crossword's, Bingo's, Moneycomb's. I enjoy playing those games.

I'd like to think that while I'm scratching, I don't look like one fanatical lady I saw - well, actually heard one day at the machine. I was around the

corner at the counter and she was at the machine...she sounded like a rat trying to get out of a plastic box...and she was doing that all on one

dollar tickets (small rub area...What?) How on earth she made that much noise scratching, is beyond me. I thought, wow, that lady has problems or is

in a real big rush.

I try to scratch my tickets in public in a calm, cool and collected fashion. Approve

Maybe I should ask to see the surveillance tapes.

Crazy

United States
            United States
            Member #60097
            April 5, 2008
            3974 Posts
            Posted: August 24, 2010, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

I had a crazy Eagles ticket today...a goal post and a TD symbol on one ticket!

I rubbed off the numbers first and saw the GP symbol and thought yay! a symbol then continued on to rub off a TD symbol (I was thinking

misprint....I don't remember getting 2 symbols on one ticket - EVER)

Anyway the ticket was worth $100 and the ticket number was #020

Each of the symbols were $10 so 10 x 3 + 10 x 7 = $100. I expected $5 each symbol for $50 so that was an okay ticket for $100 tonight.

Nice win on the Eagles ticket DR!  The new Money Money Money ticket is one of the best they have come out with for awhile.........the 10 dollar ticket............lots of 100 dollar prizes in the early books.

Win a big one,

KeystoneParty

Big Wins For All!

SE PA
              United States
              Member #93582
              July 3, 2010
              1873 Posts
              Posted: August 24, 2010, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

These new $10 games stink worse than ever! FOUR Money Money Money losers on #3, 4, 14, 15. I don't think it's just me right now - with 1 in 3.49 odds, sure seems like it is the state not being honest.

United States
                United States
                Member #60097
                April 5, 2008
                3974 Posts
                Posted: August 24, 2010, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

These new $10 games stink worse than ever! FOUR Money Money Money losers on #3, 4, 14, 15. I don't think it's just me right now - with 1 in 3.49 odds, sure seems like it is the state not being honest.

It's number 5!LOL  If the odds are 1 in 3.49 then maybe buy up to 4 next timeSun Smiley

Big Wins For All!

SE PA
                  United States
                  Member #93582
                  July 3, 2010
                  1873 Posts
                  Posted: August 24, 2010, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

I think I'll buy 4 from one machine tomorrow - but I'll have to take another break if they lose. Been losing way too much lately; used to getting something back at least. I don't think I've ever been in a stretch this bad. I didn't like July's games much, and the new August games have been worse for me.

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #74096
                    May 2, 2009
                    23238 Posts
                    Posted: August 25, 2010, 12:22 am - IP Logged

Nice win on the Eagles ticket DR!  The new Money Money Money ticket is one of the best they have come out with for awhile.........the 10 dollar ticket............lots of 100 dollar prizes in the early books.

Win a big one,

KeystoneParty

Thank you Keystone! I'll give those a shot this week and early next. I haven't found anything better than the face value yet, but I know you're right

and I'll be working on them!

Here's hoping you'll find the prize to make you go - Bananalol

Hit a good one Keystone!!

Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      23238 Posts
                      Posted: August 25, 2010, 12:38 am - IP Logged

I think I'll buy 4 from one machine tomorrow - but I'll have to take another break if they lose. Been losing way too much lately; used to getting something back at least. I don't think I've ever been in a stretch this bad. I didn't like July's games much, and the new August games have been worse for me.

I didn't care too much for Cash Fever and still don't. I think it's a headache visually and a more difficult game to track...I hate when they're mixing

up colors and making red numbers and black numbers, just give me a number to match for crying out loud...stop messing with the colors. It's nice

to double on a red but really...try keeping track of first, the set of numbers you're looking to match THEN whether they're red or black. My gosh.

Monopoly, the $20 one, is one of my favorites. Just let me see a tophat or hotel, simple.

I'm sorry you're not having a lucky streak and hopefully that will be changing very soon. I'd like to think no luck would equal extreme luck eventually

but you just have to watch them...if you're on a bad streak, maybe an idea is to buy something you normally would not buy. That works sometimes

too....but with that plan, I just buy one of them then quit. I hate Mother's day tickets, King of Cash tickets, the $100,000 $10 tickets...they are super

hard to scratch, I DETEST the Gus tickets - he can hit himself in the head with that pick for all I care....and I can't stand Extreme Green but will buy

them when it seems the others just haven't been doing much in the last few times I got them. Something breaks the streak, it's just finding out

what that is...whether it's mixing up the play or just plain quitting for a day or so. I hope you get a real good one soon!

SE PA
                        United States
                        Member #93582
                        July 3, 2010
                        1873 Posts
                        Posted: August 25, 2010, 12:46 am - IP Logged

Thanks, dr65 - appreciate the advice! I will change if I don't win on four Money Money Money tickets tomorrow - sometimes I get frustrated and for one day try to buy myself out of it, and then take a break. Just seeing a winner is a pleasure.

SE PA
                          United States
                          Member #93582
                          July 3, 2010
                          1873 Posts
                          Posted: August 25, 2010, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

I just didn't have the money to do the new $10 game today. I tried the $2 Treasure Hunt - #12 won for $2, but the other three lost. Should have just scratched off #12 and walked away, but I needed a winner - lol.

SE PA
                            United States
                            Member #93582
                            July 3, 2010
                            1873 Posts
                            Posted: August 26, 2010, 2:03 am - IP Logged

I broke my losing streak on the $10 games - won $10 on Money Money Money ticket #000.

United States
                              Member #36048
                              March 27, 2006
                              44 Posts
                              Posted: August 26, 2010, 9:26 am - IP Logged

I just picked up the new Illinois $10 Jackpot Wealth Scratch Off. The ticket number was 042 and I won $50.

In Illinois there are a lot of big winners on tickets 000-006 and around the 40's like I just did and around the 80's.

Page 6 of 38