Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky and unlucky Scratch-off ticket numbers

Topic closed. 561 replies. Last post 6 years ago by MattfromPA.

Page 8 of 38
PrintE-mailLink
United States
United States
Member #60097
April 5, 2008
3957 Posts
Posted: September 2, 2010, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

I've had last tickets on the roll do nothing but also have had 2 in a row do one ticket value and one higher but it's not common, so I wouldn't

really feel bad about leaving that last one there and going away with your win on the second to last. If your luck is with the first ticket (000)

I'd stay at that end...Me? I usually don't have luck with 000 and tend to avoid them. With some of the posts here though, it seems that

beginning tickets do pretty good. I used to think that 000 - 010 were bad ones. Maybe it's just my luck isn't with those low numbers.

Big Smile

The early numbers near the front sometimes do very well on the 5 dollar games.............................but those ticket numbers on the 2 dollar and 3 dollar games (especially the 3 dollar games) are hard to recommend.

Win a big one DR; waiting to see the next pic, maybe the million!Drum

Keystone

Big Wins For All!

SE PA
    United States
    Member #93582
    July 3, 2010
    1866 Posts
    Posted: September 2, 2010, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Well, I couldn't resist. I bought the last BWS ticket, and surprise - it lost!

BTW, thanks for the 5 rating for my topic! I accidentally rated my own topic - any way to get my rating off?

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      22939 Posts
      Posted: September 2, 2010, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

lol Matt!

I hope you gave it 5 stars!

It is a great thread and don't worry about your own rating, it's deserving of it.

Banana

SE PA
        United States
        Member #93582
        July 3, 2010
        1866 Posts
        Posted: September 3, 2010, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, dr65! Accidentally rated it a 4; at least I didn't hit the 1 - LOL.

I think #7 is the unluckiest number in the whole PA Lottery - got it on MMM ($10) and it lost again. I'm only buying 1 MMM ticket at a time until I win again. It's just never fails to lose. At least BWS is making up for it - $20 per win on the ticket number 15 - 2 wins on the number.

Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #74096
          May 2, 2009
          22939 Posts
          Posted: September 3, 2010, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Hi Matt, I think you are so right about those Money, Money, Money tickets...I try to stay away from them. The ones I bought lately are a disappoint-

ment. $0.00 No symbol, no thrill, no return.

No Nod

SE PA
            United States
            Member #93582
            July 3, 2010
            1866 Posts
            Posted: September 4, 2010, 12:08 am - IP Logged

I'll do the same, dr65 - I might get some extra money next week, and if I do, I might test Money Money Money with a lot of tickets - if little or no return, I'm done with the game. I'll stop playing it until my big try.

I got mad that #27 lost on BWS tonight - so I went out and bought BWS #38, Diamonds and Pearls #118, and BlackJack #148. Loser again on BWS, but the D&P and BlackJack both won $20! Sometimes second tries work after all.

Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22939 Posts
              Posted: September 4, 2010, 1:50 am - IP Logged

Very good job Matt!! and very true sometimes. I think mainly with these buggers, it's being at the right place (machine/counter) at the right time

(when the winner is up next or next to next Big Smile)

Odd but possibly helpful info today...$2 tickets 10x the Money and $2 tickets Reese's....I got tickets numbered 122 through 126 on both of them.

Weird to find the tickets at the same spot in the pack...but on both sets, a big $0.00 I tried a $10 $100,000 thing and nada....a $20 Monopoly...

nil...I was going to put in another $20 but walked away and didn't look back, lol. I figured the number on the Monopoly - 004 wasn't good enough

and 005 wasn't going to be any better.

Who knows...I might have left the big one in the machine.

Nah....I'll go back when I think it reaches about, say, 027.

BananaBanana

SE PA
                United States
                Member #93582
                July 3, 2010
                1866 Posts
                Posted: September 4, 2010, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

I know the feeling, dr65 - hope you have better luck next time! Another $40 day for me - #81 BWS loser, #142 and #143 Treasure losers, #64 BWS $20 winner, #14 Diamonds and Pearls $20 winner. I'm playing for free with my winnings again, which is the best way to play.

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  22939 Posts
                  Posted: September 4, 2010, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

WTG and you're so right, that is the best way. Now some people would say: why don't you quit while you're ahead? omg...no way!...the extra

$10 or $20 might just be the next $100,000!

Dance

SE PA
                    United States
                    Member #93582
                    July 3, 2010
                    1866 Posts
                    Posted: September 4, 2010, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Yep, that's how I feel - I limit my out of pocket expenses, but unless I win $100 or something, I try again with my winnings. If I get $100 or more, I put away some of it.

I played my first $20 game - Million Dollar Cash Fever #21 - and lost. Is Extreme Green better?

Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      22939 Posts
                      Posted: September 4, 2010, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

ew NO!...IMHO, Cash Fever stinks! Sorry but my tries with those, other than the time I got the $100, were bad. Very bad. That, I have to say is the

worst ticket....right in front of........Extreme Green.

No Nod

Just my opinion of them. I haven't had enough luck on them to want to continue to play them. I'll take a Monopoly over either any day.

I think the odds must be very bad on those 2 tickets.

Really, if I was forced to choose one denomination, believe it or not...it would be the $2 ones. I believe you get more wins for your money and come

across some good ones once in awhile and for cost to win ratio, sometimes they fare a whole lot better than the $20 tickets.

SE PA
                        United States
                        Member #93582
                        July 3, 2010
                        1866 Posts
                        Posted: September 5, 2010, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

I'll keep your experiences in mind, dr65. I might try one or two more just to see what happens, but if I lose, I'll go back to all $2, $3, $5, and $10 games until a good $20 game comes out.

Nice day for BWS - #21, #84, #85 all won for a total of $70. Eagles ticket #35 lost, but I finally got a small winner on Eagles #58 last night. Eagles is supposed to be good, but I haven't been lucky with it.

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #74096
                          May 2, 2009
                          22939 Posts
                          Posted: September 6, 2010, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

I'll keep your experiences in mind, dr65. I might try one or two more just to see what happens, but if I lose, I'll go back to all $2, $3, $5, and $10 games until a good $20 game comes out.

Nice day for BWS - #21, #84, #85 all won for a total of $70. Eagles ticket #35 lost, but I finally got a small winner on Eagles #58 last night. Eagles is supposed to be good, but I haven't been lucky with it.

GREAT JOB with the BWS!! WTG!! I see 2 in a row there....84 & 85.

One thing I'll try more often since winning on the 7's ticket is this...

if the ticket is a small winner...like $2, I'll try the next one. I'm working on trying to determine if the next one after a face value ticket is good.

So far, I've found on that on the $1 tickets at 10 or 20 at a time, if there is a FREE ticket, the next one is a $ winner...it could be $1, $2, $4 or

$10. I bought 10 of the Solid Gold tickets and number 125, 126, 127 were each a FREE, FREE and a $10 (2 $5 amounts)

I found a $2 Bankroll ticket - number 000 for a $20 win. I got it out of the machine and the tickets were coming out in descending order...

ticket 001 was $2. I bought 5 of them but when I saw the count was at one left in the machine, I bought the last one too and that one was

the $20 one. Funny, never did like 000 but for certain ones, it might be good.

SE PA
                            United States
                            Member #93582
                            July 3, 2010
                            1866 Posts
                            Posted: September 7, 2010, 12:22 am - IP Logged

Hi, dr65 - yes, haven't had two BWS winners in a row for a while. That was neat. Today I was getting my money back or losing on the $10s, but I got a very good Treasure ticket - #78 was a $40 winner! I wonder if the next one also would have been a win.

Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #74096
                              May 2, 2009
                              22939 Posts
                              Posted: September 7, 2010, 12:40 am - IP Logged

WTG!! On the Treasure Hunt!! EXCELLENT!!

That's a real good one, isn't it a thrill to see that on a $2 ticket?

Party

Page 8 of 38