Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a lottery system? What distinguishes a lottery system from guesses, dreams and quick picks?

Topic closed. 918 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mayhem.

Page 19 of 62
PrintE-mailLink
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1953 Posts
Posted: April 1, 2011, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

@RL-RANDOMLOGIC and Stack47: no matter what you post and no matter what kind of 'proof' you provide, the naysayers will continue to argue as to why it isn't good enough. They'll never be satisfied no matter what you say or post.

I agree.

Visiondude says he expects repeatability, however, even if I was actually able to win the Hoosier Lotto 2 times, he'd still go off on a rocker and say "You just got really lucky. If you really want to prove your system works, make it THREE", despite the fact it's not a Pick 3 game, it's a Pick 6, a game with odds of 1 in 12,271,512 for a 6/6 match, which winning once by itself could take someone many years to achieve. I'm certaintly not going to be concerned with some person on the internet and whether or not they believe my system works.

Gonna win.Big Smile

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
    Denver, Co
    United States
    Member #103046
    December 29, 2010
    546 Posts
    Posted: April 1, 2011, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Colorado has a new game, "Matchplay", a parimutuel 6/38 with a JP that starts at $100,000.

A $2 ticket buys 3 lines: for the first line, you can make your own selection or a QP. However the 2nd and 3rd lines are only QP's.

I find myself wanting to pick all 3 lines, because I win more frequently with my selected line than I do the QPs. And that leads me to wonder if that is why the Colorado Lottery will only allow QP's for those other 2 lines.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: April 1, 2011, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

"I play my own picks and quick picks (one of each on jp games) so I guess I'd be neutral."

When the jackpot is high most people probably add a few QPs to their regular play. Josephus only asked what distinguishes a system from QPs and not which was better.

"All I'd like to add is that I enjoy reading this thread and I think it would be even better if you could all do it live on the Jerry Springer Show."

You bring the beer and I'll bring the shine, popcorn and Jerry beads! Maybe Twiggs will show up and both sides will attack him when he says "luck is the only factor".

Sounds good.

I just hope working at the Waffle House isn't a requirement to get on the show.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        3966 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2011, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

I don't know whose right or wrong here and I'm not taking sides.

I play my own picks and quick picks (one of each on jp games) so I guess I'd be neutral.

All I'd like to add is that I enjoy reading this thread and I think it would be even better if you could all do it live on the Jerry Springer Show.

I think the added dimension of screaming, hair pulling and chair throwing would further enhance the entertainment value (for me anyway).

Ridge

You know jerry don't allow guns, I am watin for the whole durn system to collapse and a return to the time

when such issues could be setteled with lasting results.  Ive seen you putten on some perty good shows

yourself, and if I remember correctly it was because of your suggestion that I posted my system.  Don't leave

yet I am sure there is more to come.  I buy a QP from time to time just to see what kind of set/digits I get.

I did get 1+bb on a powerball QP one time but thats the best I ever done with a QP.  The odds for PB and

MM just don't add up no matter the JP.  I am also perty sure I am right but must admit that I might be part

alien with special powers as this might explain things also.   

RL

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1953 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2011, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

Colorado has a new game, "Matchplay", a parimutuel 6/38 with a JP that starts at $100,000.

A $2 ticket buys 3 lines: for the first line, you can make your own selection or a QP. However the 2nd and 3rd lines are only QP's.

I find myself wanting to pick all 3 lines, because I win more frequently with my selected line than I do the QPs. And that leads me to wonder if that is why the Colorado Lottery will only allow QP's for those other 2 lines.

Yeah. That's what I don't like about those $2 games where you can pick the first line, but not the other 2 lines. I'd love to play one of those games if they allowed you to pick the other 2 lines. The Hoosier Lottery has a game called "Mix & Match" which is a 5/50 game. This is the prize structure from the Hoosier Lottery website:

Prize Structure

MatchPayoutOdds
          Single Line
          5 of 5$200,000*1 : 2,118,760
          4 of 5$5001 : 9,417
          3 of 5$101 : 214
          Combined Lines
          8+ of 15$5,0001 : 137,153
          7 of 15$3501 : 9,717
          6 of 15$501 : 941
          5 of 15$251 : 130
          4 of 15$51 : 26
          3 of 15Free Ticket1 : 8
          Overall Odds1 : 6

For matching 8 or more winning $5000, I would be extremely eager to play this game with my system, but it isn't so.Unhappy

Gonna win.Big Smile

Denver, Co
            United States
            Member #103046
            December 29, 2010
            546 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2011, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

I agree.

Visiondude says he expects repeatability, however, even if I was actually able to win the Hoosier Lotto 2 times, he'd still go off on a rocker and say "You just got really lucky. If you really want to prove your system works, make it THREE", despite the fact it's not a Pick 3 game, it's a Pick 6, a game with odds of 1 in 12,271,512 for a 6/6 match, which winning once by itself could take someone many years to achieve. I'm certaintly not going to be concerned with some person on the internet and whether or not they believe my system works.

"I'm certaintly not going to be concerned with some person on the internet and whether or not they believe my system works."

I Agree!

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              3966 Posts
              Posted: April 1, 2011, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

Yeah. That's what I don't like about those $2 games where you can pick the first line, but not the other 2 lines. I'd love to play one of those games if they allowed you to pick the other 2 lines. The Hoosier Lottery has a game called "Mix & Match" which is a 5/50 game. This is the prize structure from the Hoosier Lottery website:

Prize Structure

MatchPayoutOdds
              Single Line
              Combined Lines

For matching 8 or more winning $5000, I would be extremely eager to play this game with my system, but it isn't so.Unhappy

guru101

My 5-39 came up with a promotion where you could pay $2.00 per ticket and the terminal would print out

a set of five random numbers with a prize amount next to the number.  If any of your numbers matched one

of the five random numbers then you win the amount next to the number.  I decided to play one day but the 

store had no playslips for the new game so the girl at the counter put my 10 lines in one at a time.  Seven of

them won an extra prize.  I tried it a couple more times after getting the new playslips and never won anything.

I have been thinking about trying it the first way again just to see.  It seems that the numbers the terminal are

generating are not to random. 

RL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19825 Posts
                Posted: April 1, 2011, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

I don't like any game where some machine pick your numbers, it's more like raffle than a lottery, a raffle with no winners.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Denver, Co
                  United States
                  Member #103046
                  December 29, 2010
                  546 Posts
                  Posted: April 1, 2011, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

Prize Structure

MatchPayoutOdds
                  Single Line
                  Combined Lines

That's a very similar set up to Matchplay, where you can win with the combined lines. I rarely match anything in the QP's, even in the combined play. 

I was pretty excited about it to begin with, but when I realized how poorly I was doing with the QP's, I quit playing to any serious extent. I only play 2 tickets per game, just to keep my foot in the door, but that's about it.

For the anti-system players out there, if there is absolutely no difference between selecting your own numbers and QP's, then why would the lottery restrict the other 2 lines to just QP's?

United States
                    Member #59354
                    March 13, 2008
                    3966 Posts
                    Posted: April 1, 2011, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

PS

I also want to add that I got a 10 dollar easy match QP which had 5 lines and not one of the numbers matched.

However If I buy a normal QP I bet that there would be many dups in the numbers selected.  Just another scam

to rake it in.

RL

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: April 1, 2011, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Ridge

You know jerry don't allow guns, I am watin for the whole durn system to collapse and a return to the time

when such issues could be setteled with lasting results.  Ive seen you putten on some perty good shows

yourself, and if I remember correctly it was because of your suggestion that I posted my system.  Don't leave

yet I am sure there is more to come.  I buy a QP from time to time just to see what kind of set/digits I get.

I did get 1+bb on a powerball QP one time but thats the best I ever done with a QP.  The odds for PB and

MM just don't add up no matter the JP.  I am also perty sure I am right but must admit that I might be part

alien with special powers as this might explain things also.   

RL

Yeah, I remember telling you to post your system and we could tweak it and refine it and get it all dialed in for ya.

But you were new to posting and didn't realize that nobody listens to me.

Nobody ever listens to me.

Sorry about that.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                        Member #59354
                        March 13, 2008
                        3966 Posts
                        Posted: April 1, 2011, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I remember telling you to post your system and we could tweak it and refine it and get it all dialed in for ya.

But you were new to posting and didn't realize that nobody listens to me.

Nobody ever listens to me.

Sorry about that.

Ridge

I been around almost from the start so I knew what to expect.  I knew better but I make mistakes all the

time, not your fault.  Had a lot of fun for a while. 

RL

Denver, Co
                          United States
                          Member #103046
                          December 29, 2010
                          546 Posts
                          Posted: April 1, 2011, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

"Reintarnation: That's when you die and come back as a hillbilly"

rdgrnr- love that sig, lol Hurray!      

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19825 Posts
                            Posted: April 1, 2011, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

For the anti-system players out there, if there is absolutely no difference between selecting your own numbers and QP's, then why would the lottery restrict the other 2 lines to just QP's?

I'm a system player and I believe lotteries really do believe there's no difference in the chances on winning using QPs or personal picks but offering the option add the additional cost of play slips and maintaining the terminals to read them correctly.  QPs are never printed incorrectly.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #59354
                              March 13, 2008
                              3966 Posts
                              Posted: April 1, 2011, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

ameriken

I wonder what it's called when you die a hillbilly and come back.  I think I am on my forth or fifth

cycle.

RL

Page 19 of 62