Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega-millions settings and suggestions for Digit Master.

Topic closed. 380 replies. Last post 4 years ago by x1kosmic.

Page 10 of 26
PrintE-mailLink
RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
Member #59354
March 13, 2008
3971 Posts
Posted: September 23, 2012, 12:48 am - IP Logged

Nick

We can beat these games if we just stay at it, I feel we are working on the final stages of taking DM to

the next level.   I was using the 10 group version just to see how close it would get to the 9, I did not

take the data too serious and was just making a observation between the two.  I did not use this data

in the setup.  The wife does a big workout for the p-6 and she pointed out that the best choice was F

but I did not listen,  I hate it when she is right and I am wrong.  I did not have time to change the code

for the 9-group matrix but the totals were still similar which tells me that it should work.  Once we find a

good way to hit the groups or it does not have to be the groups but could be something else or even a

combination of a few things then we will get better and better.  I worked on my 5-39 and perty much 

nothing else so I am still learning how to tackel the bigger games but nothing makes me think we can't

do it.  I would really like to hit my P-6 for a couple 2 or 3 5of6's just to build up the kitty a bit so when the

time comes we can hit it hard.  Keep up the good work, no telling what you might find hidden in the maze.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

cleveland ohio
    United States
    Member #65897
    October 9, 2008
    275 Posts
    Posted: September 23, 2012, 2:28 am - IP Logged

Thanks I agree,

Right now we are like piranna attacking this at all different angles and we will take this shark down.

What I did for PB which as I said had 30 line for only 3 of 5 was using your sets thought process, figured I could do the same using the numbers. From what you said about you have to get one wrong I though ok I normally get killed because I usually pick one wrong to play and one wrong to block.

So I set up DM with my 4 blocks 2 plays and 4 wild then ran RSG. I then compiled the numbers that showed more then others in the same manner you use the groups. I then did this again and combined the numbers.

(remember Im doing this by hand) so at this point I have a good set of numbers that fall into groups that I know I should have 1 from the high group 2 from the low group and 1 or 2 from outside the group.

So I placed them into the wheel with the expected high 1 set at 0/1 the middle group atr 0/1 and the low group at 1/1 (this killed me because none came in but was an expermeint and didnt do enough sets).

Then I opened up all groups to W and ran RSG again 3 times exporting main to temp 3 times.

For a first try getting a 3 of 5 in 30 lines in PB was pretty cool. I will continue to work on this because I can see some promise to it. Im trying to let random correct my mistakes.

I will add, and this is stange as heck, if I block all the numbers I had in the 4 wheels which amounted to 25 of the numbers I blocked them all ran the RSG 3 times and best I had was 2 of 5.  Didnt run the FW because I know its in there.

Hence why I say you are on the correct path Sorry Im starting blabbering on about nothing.

United States
      Member #41846
      June 23, 2006
      459 Posts
      Posted: September 23, 2012, 7:04 am - IP Logged

Thanks for keeping this up to date RL. I need to wait unlil after the draw tonight to update so I can check something I was working on.

I dont really think any changes to the program will affect what Im trying because its based on your 15 sets of 6.

RL  I assume NBF did not want to lose a particular set up.  I also run into this frequently. I try a setup and if it looks good I'm hesitant to try to improve on it because I will lose these settings.  Would you consider in a future update to add the ability to import/export the set up values to a named file.  I know there is a lot about this program I do not know yet, if this already exist I haven't found it.

if winning was easy, it wouldn't be worth millions. I appreciate your efforts.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
        ORLANDO, FLORIDA
        United States
        Member #4924
        June 3, 2004
        5896 Posts
        Posted: September 23, 2012, 9:38 am - IP Logged

RL  I assume NBF did not want to lose a particular set up.  I also run into this frequently. I try a setup and if it looks good I'm hesitant to try to improve on it because I will lose these settings.  Would you consider in a future update to add the ability to import/export the set up values to a named file.  I know there is a lot about this program I do not know yet, if this already exist I haven't found it.

if winning was easy, it wouldn't be worth millions. I appreciate your efforts.

I may be wrong, but can't you save the temp file to a name of choice, then import using RFM?

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #2218
          September 1, 2003
          5387 Posts
          Posted: September 23, 2012, 10:27 am - IP Logged

RFM aka Run Fun File Mode will allow you to import a text file of "x" amount of sets into Digit Master Pro.  Then use Digit Master's filters to reduce the RFM sets to a manageble number.

I think the settings your talking about are the current filter settings (groups, digits, etc.) that you are using and wish to save them and use them for another drawing.  Save them as a text file, then use for another draw date,

Not sure if RL has this feature as part of Digit Master.  It would  be a nice addition to import past saved all filter settings (groups & digits) from a saved text file into Digit Master.

Ricklou's avatar - majestic lion.jpg

South Africa
            Member #129822
            June 28, 2012
            363 Posts
            Posted: September 23, 2012, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

I still dont understand digimasters filters. If you click database those filters that show the results of the previous draws -are they minimum or maxinum ?. I am new here and would like to learn the software. Can someone please clear this up for me please.Thanks

ricklou

United States
              Member #41846
              June 23, 2006
              459 Posts
              Posted: September 23, 2012, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

RFM aka Run Fun File Mode will allow you to import a text file of "x" amount of sets into Digit Master Pro.  Then use Digit Master's filters to reduce the RFM sets to a manageble number.

I think the settings your talking about are the current filter settings (groups, digits, etc.) that you are using and wish to save them and use them for another drawing.  Save them as a text file, then use for another draw date,

Not sure if RL has this feature as part of Digit Master.  It would  be a nice addition to import past saved all filter settings (groups & digits) from a saved text file into Digit Master.

Winsum

you are right. if i find a setup that looks good I would like to save it, in case I find nothing better. It could also be a good starting point for a future game.

Carbob  your comments about the four filters got me started, I have been searching for groups of 4 6 and even 8 filters that hit together.  to my surprise using only the most frequent values there are several groups of 6 filters that have hit 10% or higher in last 100 games using single values.  still checking groups of eight.

p8

United States
                Member #128704
                May 31, 2012
                16 Posts
                Posted: September 23, 2012, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

I still dont understand digimasters filters. If you click database those filters that show the results of the previous draws -are they minimum or maxinum ?. I am new here and would like to learn the software. Can someone please clear this up for me please.Thanks

ricklou

Ricklou,

Winsomelosesum posted links to videos and pdf files for DM. This should help you get started:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/250767/2707582

Packfan

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                  Park City, UT
                  United States
                  Member #69864
                  January 18, 2009
                  993 Posts
                  Posted: September 23, 2012, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Currently what I am doing to snapshot a setup is pressing Alt-PrintScreen to take a snaphot of the DMP window.  This puts the image in clipboard.  I then open Paint program, from menu paste the image into paint, then save it as .JPEG file into a folder for later reference.

This was my setup for 09-21-2012 MegaMillions, I missed Digit 1 and Digit 2 but got all the other digits correct.  I got all the groups correct except for Group G which I played and it did not hit.  Even though I missed 2 digits and 1 group the setup still had a 4 in it.  So I feel I am making progress.  To hit exactly on some of the base digits is encouraging that I am figuring out the digits.

Even though DMP considers only 1-3 as base I consider digits 1-5 as base for big games, so I think my strategy going forward is only try to exactly hit 2 of the digits 1-5 and exactly 1 digit from 6-0.  Right now I'm just trying to get under 1000 lines with the correct setup.  If I can consistently do this and then play 10 lines then I have 1 in 100 chance which is quite an accomplishment versus 1 in 3.8 million.

Its strange that I feel I have a bettern chance of exactly selecting (no ranging) digits 1-5 versus digits 6 thru 0.

United States
                    Member #128373
                    May 22, 2012
                    201 Posts
                    Posted: September 23, 2012, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Question for everyone: Do you guys primarily or solely use the digits and groups filters for these games or do you use other filters?  Thanks in advance.

The lottery is NOT a tax on the poor.  By calling it a tax, you are calling it mandatory, which is what taxes are.  But the lottery is NOT mandatory, therefore calling it a tax highly inaccurate.

United States
                      Member #41846
                      June 23, 2006
                      459 Posts
                      Posted: September 23, 2012, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Currently what I am doing to snapshot a setup is pressing Alt-PrintScreen to take a snaphot of the DMP window.  This puts the image in clipboard.  I then open Paint program, from menu paste the image into paint, then save it as .JPEG file into a folder for later reference.

This was my setup for 09-21-2012 MegaMillions, I missed Digit 1 and Digit 2 but got all the other digits correct.  I got all the groups correct except for Group G which I played and it did not hit.  Even though I missed 2 digits and 1 group the setup still had a 4 in it.  So I feel I am making progress.  To hit exactly on some of the base digits is encouraging that I am figuring out the digits.

Even though DMP considers only 1-3 as base I consider digits 1-5 as base for big games, so I think my strategy going forward is only try to exactly hit 2 of the digits 1-5 and exactly 1 digit from 6-0.  Right now I'm just trying to get under 1000 lines with the correct setup.  If I can consistently do this and then play 10 lines then I have 1 in 100 chance which is quite an accomplishment versus 1 in 3.8 million.

Its strange that I feel I have a bettern chance of exactly selecting (no ranging) digits 1-5 versus digits 6 thru 0.

I must be getting old. I know about alt prnt screen , just didn't think about it for this purpose.  thanks

Krakow
                        Poland
                        Member #86302
                        February 2, 2010
                        859 Posts
                        Posted: September 23, 2012, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Question for everyone: Do you guys primarily or solely use the digits and groups filters for these games or do you use other filters?  Thanks in advance.

LP,

I've been using DM for 2 years or so. Assuming that you can get all the digits and groups correct borders on impossible. Just a pipe dream, in my opinion and practice. You have to complement a few choices of digits and groups you make with some filters. Which ones? It's up to you. Those you find easiest to guess.

Adam

Park City, UT
                          United States
                          Member #69864
                          January 18, 2009
                          993 Posts
                          Posted: September 23, 2012, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

I am focusing on the following filters:

HD (High Digits) I range from 0-2
                          TG (Total Groups) I range from 4-5
                          F4 (First 4 digts) I only use this filter if I need to reduce further.
                          M3 (Middle 3 digits) I only use this filter if I need to reduce further.
                          B3 (Bottom 3 digits) I only use this filter if I need to reduce further.
                          Digits 1-9 my main focus is digits 1-5.
                          Groups A-J I'm focusing on correctly setting Groups A-C.  Just using Play or Block for there setting there is only 8 ways to play this combination of groups.

In order to reduce MM or PB you pretty much have to have a few precise settings for digits/groups to reduce the matrix.  I'm struggling with trying to be too precise on digits and I have alot of work to go on groups.  For groups I have come to the conclusion that you need to play more than 1 group setup per game to hedge your bets.  I think its all about finding the right balance.  Anyway that is what I'm doing.

Jimmy

United States
                            Member #128373
                            May 22, 2012
                            201 Posts
                            Posted: September 23, 2012, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, Jim and Adam.  Both responses make sense.  I just need to be refreshed on how to do the actual analyzation now, but I'll watch the videos again to see if they clear up anything at all.

The lottery is NOT a tax on the poor.  By calling it a tax, you are calling it mandatory, which is what taxes are.  But the lottery is NOT mandatory, therefore calling it a tax highly inaccurate.

Park City, UT
                              United States
                              Member #69864
                              January 18, 2009
                              993 Posts
                              Posted: September 23, 2012, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

For the last megamillion draw 03-13-14-46-55 the digits were 2022210000 the alternate digit string is 11 33 44 55 6 for that drawing I played alternate digit string 12 44 55 which was very close I should have just played 44 55.  In the alternate digit string the numbers 11 12 22 23 33 34 44 45 55 56 are very important to track.

The whole reason behind the alternate digit string is that the strings show a relationship between other digits instead of treating them as individuals.  I find it easier to select digits as groups than as individuals but I believe I need to back off and select only a few digits going forward.

So for instance if the alternate digit string 12 has not shown up in a while and I play it I would select digit 1 as 1/1 and digit 2 as 1/?.  I know digit 2 will hit but I can't say for certain that it will be exactly 1.  Hope that helps with where I am going.

Jimmy

Page 10 of 26