Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega-millions settings and suggestions for Digit Master.

Topic closed. 380 replies. Last post 4 years ago by x1kosmic.

Page 19 of 26
PrintE-mailLink
frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
Los Angeles
United States
Member #75410
June 2, 2009
479 Posts
Posted: September 29, 2012, 6:16 am - IP Logged

RL,

I have an idea that might help for the Groups selection ?

On this screen below are the 27 draws ( I couldn't get more for the picture ) but you get the idea.

Column A the Draw #, then the date and the sets, next are the Skips for each number position,

1st position in Black

2nd position in Purple

3rd position in Green

4th position in Red

5th position in Blue

Then the next 5 columns in light green are the same values as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th skips position but rearrange in numerical order.

And in yellow ( Just to show some facts ) the same values again from columns DY, DZ, EA, EB, EC but this time arrange in numerical order per column.

So we can see that the skips goes from smaller to bigger on average, from single digit at the beginning and double digits toward the end

So if we set up the group in that manner we will have a more organized selection, that is my opinion.

Here is the table set. ( all the data below are accurate )

For this example I did change the groups from 10 to 9, the 2 numbers in group J , I added 1 in group A and 1 in group J.

If we arrange the 56 numbers according to their actual skips for the draw day it will look like this ( see below )

Now we know according to the previous table, we need skips from smallest to biggest in a normal way

which are represented here by the groups ( of course there are exeptions )

From A the smallest to J the Highest skips, here below the skip table to give an idea.

And below the table with the group selection after the fact.

Then you can see that for example the group A came up 15 time in first position and only 3 time in second position.

Same for group I it came out 14 time in the 5th position et only 2 time in 4th position.

So from there we know in which position those 2 groups for example will come out.

That's it I hope it can help us to get closer to the JP with a better selection Groups.

Frenchie.

Eugene Oregan
    United States
    Member #128629
    May 29, 2012
    419 Posts
    Posted: September 29, 2012, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

RL

Why does the DM on update only show Groups after digits as ABCH for last nights draw?  Dose not show J as a group that was selected?  Was wondering if i missed and update.  Also was wondering how hard it would be to make DM let the user do a right click on any draw and highlight that paticular draw for comparision?  Also a function to input all of those draw settings into the already available filters and decades and so on for comparison.  Have noticed as of late that if you find a draw that say is close to the groups that just hit, usually and not always 2 draws before or after that will have all the correct groups for the next draw.  Also noticed that the decades will show a pattern for double hits such as when 2 #s come from a decade like 33/37 will fall and next draw will be 44/45, double hits in decades are 70% or better.  Frenchie very nice work for the groups the last chart is one i already have and have been following for some time.  dld

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      3962 Posts
      Posted: September 29, 2012, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Did

Just run the exe in this zip file and it will fix the problem, make sure you close DM first. 

DM patch file, version 2

https://www.box.com/s/ay7qe6bqovi3th334s25

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        3962 Posts
        Posted: September 29, 2012, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

RL,

I have an idea that might help for the Groups selection ?

On this screen below are the 27 draws ( I couldn't get more for the picture ) but you get the idea.

Column A the Draw #, then the date and the sets, next are the Skips for each number position,

1st position in Black

2nd position in Purple

3rd position in Green

4th position in Red

5th position in Blue

Then the next 5 columns in light green are the same values as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th skips position but rearrange in numerical order.

And in yellow ( Just to show some facts ) the same values again from columns DY, DZ, EA, EB, EC but this time arrange in numerical order per column.

So we can see that the skips goes from smaller to bigger on average, from single digit at the beginning and double digits toward the end

So if we set up the group in that manner we will have a more organized selection, that is my opinion.

Here is the table set. ( all the data below are accurate )

For this example I did change the groups from 10 to 9, the 2 numbers in group J , I added 1 in group A and 1 in group J.

If we arrange the 56 numbers according to their actual skips for the draw day it will look like this ( see below )

Now we know according to the previous table, we need skips from smallest to biggest in a normal way

which are represented here by the groups ( of course there are exeptions )

From A the smallest to J the Highest skips, here below the skip table to give an idea.

And below the table with the group selection after the fact.

Then you can see that for example the group A came up 15 time in first position and only 3 time in second position.

Same for group I it came out 14 time in the 5th position et only 2 time in 4th position.

So from there we know in which position those 2 groups for example will come out.

That's it I hope it can help us to get closer to the JP with a better selection Groups.

Frenchie.

Frenchie

Gald to see you back, I will look it over and see if I can use it.  If you have any suggestions for the next draw then

please suggest.  Once I get a big game strategy worked out then I will assign a few values to each member for them

to work on.   I am trying to find the best setup that will produce as many lower level prizes as possible while still

focusing on the big one.   My 5-39 strategy is not working so well,  MM is proving to be a challenge.

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

san diego
          United States
          Member #68237
          December 16, 2008
          97 Posts
          Posted: September 29, 2012, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Did backtest for 9-28-2012 MM56 with the correct Groups setting and only produce 2 white balls match corresponding to our scanned ticket line A 28 and 43. If the data is not convincing we should just do dry runs.  Maybe we just play 5-39 or 6-46.

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #2218
            September 1, 2003
            5387 Posts
            Posted: September 29, 2012, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

Did backtest for 9-28-2012 MM56 with the correct Groups setting and only produce 2 white balls match corresponding to our scanned ticket line A 28 and 43. If the data is not convincing we should just do dry runs.  Maybe we just play 5-39 or 6-46.

That was my thoughts a couple days ago azares, but I was totally wrong. 

We MUST keep with the game plan and only play the BIG games.

Play the BIG game which is currently Mega Millions.

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
              Park City, UT
              United States
              Member #69864
              January 18, 2009
              993 Posts
              Posted: September 29, 2012, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

I don't have a problem just playing the Big Games.  That was what the pool was formed around and that is the version of DMP that RL has so graciously created for each of us to use.  Each game has its own personality and I think its difficult to switch back and forth between games because you have to do a context switch in your brain.  I see differences in how Group filters play just between Powerball and MegaMillions.

I believe like RL that MegaMillions can at least be given a flesh wound using DMP as a weapon.  I believe RL is still working on a new Group tool.  Lets give him time to take a breath and do some research.  We don't have to play every draw.  I'm okay if we don't play for the next month(s).  Remember RL is the one putting so much time into this project which I very much appreciate.  I never had any expectations that within a few months we would be rolling in the cash.

I have my own thoughts on Groups that I am exploring, I encourage others to think about Groups.  You don't have to be a programmerr, or Excel wizard to share your observations on Groups.  Maybe a separate thread should be started just to brainstorm Group filters.  Everyone has something to contribute.

Anyway just my thoughts, I am in it for the long haul with MegaMillions, maybe when all the dust settles its just me an RL standing that has the faith.

Jimmy

oldmanjohnson's avatar - walt
                Braselton Ga
                United States
                Member #121665
                January 14, 2012
                35 Posts
                Posted: September 29, 2012, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

I am with you Jim i am in for the Long Haul. It is a investment for me or like buying into the stock market winsumlosesum. 2or3 dollars games i am in.I also believe in RL and his Program.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: September 29, 2012, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

MM is a 5/56 game with 3.8 million combinations to cover. PB is a 5/59 game with 5 million combinations to cover. The only way to consistently improve odds is to remove some of the numbers from the number pool without losing the 5 winnering numbers. Removing 5 random numbers has a 62% chance of success.

Los Angeles
                    United States
                    Member #75410
                    June 2, 2009
                    479 Posts
                    Posted: September 29, 2012, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I also think the same, that we should concentrate on the Mega Millions game only, playing other game take time away from

the MM that is already a challenge, every single pool members should also participate giving their ideas, we all think diferent

and diferent ideas could be beneficial to the software, how would we know if you don't post ?

I didn't post for few days because my father in law passed away, I was very close to that man, but life go on, and I post again

to get closer to our goal, I truly believe that we will make it, it's just a matter of time and TEAM EFFORT, I'm also here for the long run

no matter what happen $ 2.50 per game is nothing, even $ 10.00 per game I would still be here, I don't think we should play dry

we should play every single game. who it is gone hurt ?  it's like getting 2 coffees per week at Starbucks ! let's keep this spirit hight

we will win the JP sonner than you think, so let's keep going.

Frenchie

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      3962 Posts
                      Posted: September 29, 2012, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

azares

The groups were not the problem with the last setup, digit 6 hit twice which knocked out one number

and digit 2 was set for a min/hit of one which removed a second number.  One group was blocked that

removed the third.  These three settings killed the setup and produced only a couple 2+0 on a single

line.  So far from the test I have ran it's not looking to good for the lower prizes with these games so

I am lookng into different type setups, I thinks it's going to be a all or nothing sort of play.  What we

need is a setup that requires the fewest settings that reduces the sets the most and then play it for

a 5of5 and hope we hit some lower prizes along the way.   Even the reduction tools are not working 

that well with the 5-56 matrix.   As far as playing other games each person can do that on their own

and since most of these games split 17 ways would pay a very low return it's not much of a incentive

to switch.   I will play the 6-44 once in a while but only when the JP cash value is over 1 million.  There

are no rules that prevents pool members from playing these smaller games but I think the pool will stay

with the MM game with the occasional 6-44 play.

Playing in the pool gives me a better chance of hitting a 5+0 then playing my 5-39 by myself.  It cost each

of us $1.00 / 17 = .058 or around 6 cents rounded for every ticket purchased.   The ratio between MM and

my 5-39 is 3,819,816/575757=6.6 to 1 meaning that I would need to play 6.6 MM lines to get the same odds

as my 5-39 offers for a single line.   With the pool play I get 17 lines for the same cost of a single 5-39 line

so 17/6.6 = 2.57.  I am over 2.5 times more likely to hit a MM 5+0 then I am to hit my 5-39 for the same

investment plus the chance of matching the BB.   If I win MY 5-39 then most of the time I would win more

money but if pool playing the 5-39 then I would win less.  $250.00/17=$14,705 and the average 5-39 JP

is around 125K so 125/17=7,352.  Playing my 6-44 has odds of 1 in 7,059,052 but it plays 2 lines for $1.00

so the  odds for a one dollar play are 7,059,052/2=3,529,526 so hitting a 6of6 has better odds than matching

5of5 playing MM.  The 6-44 starts out with a cash option of $500k which means that it is better that MM both

in payout and odds but there is no bonus ball option.  This is why I suggested playing the 6-44 until the MM

jackpot reaches a level equal to 1 million per member cash option.  The 5-39 is a great game to play but not as

a pool.   In reality playing the 6-44 is best overall if not looking for a life changing amount as most of the time

it pays arount 1.4 million cash value so 1,400,000/17=82,352 per member before taxes so around 56K is the

max one could expect to win, it takes around 20 draws to reach this level after it is hit.

RL

Los Angeles
                        United States
                        Member #75410
                        June 2, 2009
                        479 Posts
                        Posted: September 29, 2012, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

RL,

I also think that we should play only 1 the Mega ball number for all the sets.

Frenchie.

United States
                          Member #59354
                          March 13, 2008
                          3962 Posts
                          Posted: September 29, 2012, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

MM is a 5/56 game with 3.8 million combinations to cover. PB is a 5/59 game with 5 million combinations to cover. The only way to consistently improve odds is to remove some of the numbers from the number pool without losing the 5 winnering numbers. Removing 5 random numbers has a 62% chance of success.

Ronnie316

I agree although the way we remove numbers is a little different I think we can prefect it.  Removing groups

of numbers also helps to format the remaining lines so that the reduction processes in DM work better.  We

May at some point have to move to another method and I have been working on a tool that selects a set

at random then removes one of the numbers from that set also using random.  I am playing with the lenths

of the strings used in the first stage of the process as it seems to make a big difference.

Thanks for posting your methods/ideas

RL

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: September 29, 2012, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

RL,

I also think that we should play only 1 the Mega ball number for all the sets.

Frenchie.

One bonus number on all sets is smart, because having the right number on the wrong line is the same as having the wrong number on all lines, but having the right number on all the lines is a big winner even if you don't have the right numbers on the line, but if you do have the right numbers on the line and the right bonus number you get the bonus!!

United States
                              Member #59354
                              March 13, 2008
                              3962 Posts
                              Posted: September 29, 2012, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

One bonus number on all sets is smart, because having the right number on the wrong line is the same as having the wrong number on all lines, but having the right number on all the lines is a big winner even if you don't have the right numbers on the line, but if you do have the right numbers on the line and the right bonus number you get the bonus!!

I have been considering this big time, I just wish we had a ringer for the bonus ball picker, LOL.

One of the pool members hit a few draws back and made a good profit playing one BB on all his

lines, I think he won a few hundred which is a nice win and carbob also hit the BB in the previous

draw.  The BB can make even a bad setup look good.

RL

Page 19 of 26