Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5270 replies. Last post 5 hours ago by duckman.

Page 314 of 352
PrintE-mailLink
Tampa, Fl
United States
Member #136502
December 12, 2012
109 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2016, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

I always think the next ticket on the rolls I leave behind is going to win someone else a jackpot. This is how I set so many dollars on fire. Certainly an awful feeling to know you were just that close, though.

And I've still been playing Super Millions, which has proven a colossal waste. Been a long time since I've gotten higher than $50 on it.

That's called chasing and it almost never works.  I've chased 5 duds in a row before I got a winner and guess what, it was a break-even win.  I buy what I can spend and leave the store immediately.  If I win while scratching in the car, use that to buy more depending on how big the win is.  If nothing happens I'm done for the day. 

I also only play with cash.  Once you start using your debit card to buy tickets you know you are on the verge of an addiction problem.

PA
    United States
    Member #129849
    June 29, 2012
    308 Posts
    Posted: September 16, 2016, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

@EMTAdam

I think your really on the right track as far as your money is concerned.

If I read correctly, your bringing home around 40K and your expenses are

about 1.6K per month. That leaves you roughly half of the money you bring

home each year for savings. Your debt free, own what is probably a pretty

darn nice house, own a very nice car and have the 600K left in the bank.

There are two extremes to financial intelligence. People tend to fall towards

one of the two and a small percentage in the middle. 

1) Being flat broke within hours of that paycheck hitting your hands

2) Being so cheap that you can't get a nickel out of your wallet if you put it in a vice.

I come from a family that is full of people who made/make poor financial decisions.

I became so financially conservative that it was starting to affect the quality of life

that I live. Being smart about money is one thing, but being too conservative is 

almost as bad as being to free with your money. Who wants to die at 70 or 80 years

old with 2 million in the bank. The only people that will be happy about that are those

who will inherit it, after the crazy tax hit they take.

You want to aim somewhere in the middle or just a shade on the side of being financially

conservative. You can't take the money with you when you die, but chances are there 

are lots of bills to pay until that day comes. Plan for the future, but don't forget about

today either.

It sounds like you already have a finanical advisor. It's one of the first things I'd ever do

if I came into any serious amount of money (regardless of how). Decide what your goals

are and work with that person to come up with a plan (if you haven't already). As long as

you stick with that plan, then spend as you see fit.

You make a little more money than I do, but your 8 years older as well. If your maxing out your

401K then your saving a good chunk of money each year not counting returns on that investment.

Real estate isn't a bad play. The demand for land is only going to continue to increase. More and more

people are born each day. Getting a few rental properties isn't a bad idea, as you said you can see a return

on your investment in as little as 10-12 years. After that your money is returned and you have the

home/land. When your daughter grows into adulthood, that home (or the one you currently have) can

go to her. Your in the drivers seat since you can pay cash for a home and have the spare change lying

around. No interest on a loan, and those looking for a quick sale usually take a hit on valuation. Shop

around like you did for your home.

If you want the truck and the boat, I say go for it. If they are something your really going to use, and

get a lot of enjoyment out of, then do it.

Florida
      United States
      Member #171925
      January 13, 2016
      316 Posts
      Posted: September 16, 2016, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

Yes Krissam, same book. I just saw the winning ticket posted on Twitter. I bought tickets #6-15 on that roll from the Marathon gas station next to Pahokee HS. I literally cannot believe it.

The jackpot was hit on ticket #27. The likelihood of me buying an additional 11 tickets was near impossible, since I normally only buy two $5 tickets at a time from a single roll. I have a tendency of chasing bigger tickets ($10-$20), but the fact that I bought 10 tickets chasing on a $5 roll was already unusual for me. The reason I bought 10 was because the first 2 were duds, and then I encountered more duds. I finally got a $5 winner on #15 or 16 and decided to call it quits.

This just shows I'm not meant to play lottery scratchoffs, given how much I've lost recently, and how I literally missed a jackpot by ELEVEN TICKETS.  I'm currently in Miami, but staying at Pembroke Pines. Essentially, I'm traveling across West Palm Beach to Miami for work at the moment. I thought about playing scratchoffs while in Miami, but the fact that: A- The games I play ($2, $5, $10, $20, and $25) all had recent jackpots hit and B - Missing this Gold Rush $500k jackpot is mind boggling to say the least.

@ Krissam, are you still play Super Millions? There's supposed to be spots down in Miami that have them. It is really scarce in the West Palm down to Miami area, but I believe Fort Pierce/Vero Beach still has some books in stock. I'm totally done with this game after literally getting bent over by it on countless occasions.

Anyway, I'm taking a LONG break from scratchoffs. Wishing you all the best of luck on the new tickets!

Dracos:

Place near me has Super Millions on book 720078. Probably a bit out of your way, unless you're passing through on the way home. But I think it's near ticket #20 at this point. I ended up playing a few of the roll. 2nd and 3rd I bought won $20 each. I bought one more after and it lost. (I almost always make sure to buy the ticket after a winner, and continue until the first loser occurs after a winning ticket).

They also have that 2M Jackpot game you all like, it is on 268949.

Florida
        United States
        Member #171925
        January 13, 2016
        316 Posts
        Posted: September 16, 2016, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Dracos:

Place near me has Super Millions on book 720078. Probably a bit out of your way, unless you're passing through on the way home. But I think it's near ticket #20 at this point. I ended up playing a few of the roll. 2nd and 3rd I bought won $20 each. I bought one more after and it lost. (I almost always make sure to buy the ticket after a winner, and continue until the first loser occurs after a winning ticket).

So I went, with $20, to buy a couple more off a lower numbered $10 Holiday Roll. Here are the winners:

So I bought a loser and that first $100 with the $20. Then went back in and got the next 8 and a Super Millions. Anyways, you can see where it went from there. I posted even the smaller winners from the $10 Holiday because of the ticket numbers and frequency, I thought some of you may enjoy that. Anyways, this was a roll in the 52k range. I then bought that $20 Monopoly. And on the way home that $5 Winning Streak (accurate for once). Obviously there's some losers spaced in a bit here as I was buying a couple tickets of other types here and there. Still nothing over $100 since the $2,000 win though. :(

Florida
          United States
          Member #172872
          February 7, 2016
          605 Posts
          Posted: September 16, 2016, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

So I went, with $20, to buy a couple more off a lower numbered $10 Holiday Roll. Here are the winners:

So I bought a loser and that first $100 with the $20. Then went back in and got the next 8 and a Super Millions. Anyways, you can see where it went from there. I posted even the smaller winners from the $10 Holiday because of the ticket numbers and frequency, I thought some of you may enjoy that. Anyways, this was a roll in the 52k range. I then bought that $20 Monopoly. And on the way home that $5 Winning Streak (accurate for once). Obviously there's some losers spaced in a bit here as I was buying a couple tickets of other types here and there. Still nothing over $100 since the $2,000 win though. :(

Wow, those are some incredible wins Ghost. That's one of those Holiday Gift rolls that certainly become "hot" toward the end of the roll. Congratz! 

And thanks for the info about Super Millions/$2M Jackpot. I'll pass as I've taken too much of a beating on those games. With the amount of duds I've taken out of circulation, I'm sure the odds of hitting the jackpot/GOOD prizes is significantly better lol. I'm taking a long break from scratchoffs after finding out I "touched" the roll that just yielded a jackpot hit on $5 Gold Rush and missed it by hours(?).

United States
            Member #175359
            June 12, 2016
            101 Posts
            Posted: September 16, 2016, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Dracos:

Oldghost, would you mind sharing the roll number of this Holiday Gifts tickets that you won today?

Florida
              United States
              Member #167757
              July 29, 2015
              359 Posts
              Posted: September 16, 2016, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

Definitely a nice gifts roll! Wish I could get something going like that wil Super Millions.

Florida
                United States
                Member #171925
                January 13, 2016
                316 Posts
                Posted: September 16, 2016, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

Oldghost, would you mind sharing the roll number of this Holiday Gifts tickets that you won today?

Unfortunately I don't know it. It was in the 52000's .. may be 52124 but not sure.

Jacksonville
                  United States
                  Member #153806
                  March 26, 2014
                  345 Posts
                  Posted: September 17, 2016, 11:25 am - IP Logged

Well I was buying a mishmash of tickets today and stumbled on this win.  It takes some of the sting out of other losses over the past few weeks.

$500 WIN gr

Pensacola, FL
                    United States
                    Member #164834
                    March 16, 2015
                    84 Posts
                    Posted: September 17, 2016, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Couple wins from this morning. No big ones but steady money back. 

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #171925
                      January 13, 2016
                      316 Posts
                      Posted: September 17, 2016, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

On the way home this morning. Only bought two. Saw the "H" and figured "HRF" and a loser (or less likely, big winner). Then saw the U and was like ahh .. hundred it is.

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #172872
                        February 7, 2016
                        605 Posts
                        Posted: September 17, 2016, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Wow,  $100 win on a $2 Gold Rush from Ghost, $500 win on $20 Gold Rush from Gators, and a nice scratch session from Lucid? Congratz guys! I'm glad you all are finding some nice winners.

I looked over the emergency game rules for the new $20 Gold Rush ticket. Can someone double check my math/logic, and make sure I'm looking at it correctly?

420 pools of 120,000 tickets = 50.4m tickets, right

50.4m tickets divided by 281,400 (the total number of $500 prizes in all combinations) = 1 in 179.1 odds in hitting $500. If this is indeed correct, then that would mean the new $20 Gold Rush is going to be *better* than the previous one in essentially ever category. 

Am I making a math error here, or do we think this is a game rules error as usual? =p

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #171925
                          January 13, 2016
                          316 Posts
                          Posted: September 17, 2016, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #170508
                            December 4, 2015
                            31 Posts
                            Posted: September 17, 2016, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

I bought 3 books of super millions and lost $1000.

On Monday, I'll buy that last remaining Book of Super Millions ($600) in my area.  I intend to win last elusive jackpot. 

White Bounce

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #172872
                              February 7, 2016
                              605 Posts
                              Posted: September 17, 2016, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

I bought 3 books of super millions and lost $1000.

On Monday, I'll buy that last remaining Book of Super Millions ($600) in my area.  I intend to win last elusive jackpot. 

White Bounce

@ Oldghost - Congratz, the $2 legend is back! I'm so glad to see you finding some nice wins. I hope you hit a claim on one of those soon. Smile

@ Florida Winner -  Sorry to hear about the poor Super Millions books. I experienced something very similar, it sounds like you found minimum payout books. I have a gigantic stack of Super Million duds on my table, and even encountered a half roll that had 2 winners out of 15 tickets. Do you know the book numbers from the books you played through today? Also, what area of the state? I have an instant liability report, and I have reports for store locations across the state with Super Millions in stock. Shoot me a message if you need me to send you the info. I wish you the best of luck on that book on Monday!

Page 314 of 352