Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5255 replies. Last post 17 minutes ago by EMTAdam.

Page 316 of 351
PrintE-mailLink
Florida
United States
Member #167757
July 29, 2015
356 Posts
Posted: September 17, 2016, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Have you had any luck on $20 Unlucky for Life?

That's right. So 655k was the most recent Super Millions jackpot, and 582k was the one right before it. So the 720k-737k really would be the "prime spot" because a 75k roll difference would put it at 730k. The last few k books could be "extra prints" at the end. 

I see that $200k/yr jackpot was 487k. I've seen $200k/yr for Life books in the 520k, 550k, and even 580k. It is an underselling tickets. Whenever I have bought them in the past, I've had cashiers tell me no one plays that game. After hitting 12 losers in a row on that game, I'm traumatized haha.

While I played the game quite a bit years ago when it first came out, I've only purchased a few tickets in the last couple of years, mainly because you now need a hammer and chisel to scratch them. I hit $500 on it a couple times forever ago, but nothing greater.

Jacksonville
    United States
    Member #153806
    March 26, 2014
    345 Posts
    Posted: September 17, 2016, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for that analysis, and confirmation bro. I thought I was miscalculating, and the lack of 2nd chance promo certainly helps justify it. 

1 in 179 is a hell of alot better for a $500 hit, I think I'll play this ticket exclusively. Is this the best the $500 hit odds have ever been?

Do you know what the odds are for the $250 prize?

While the $100k, and $5m odds aren't that good, the $1m odds are pretty decent considering the likelihood of $500 wins on this game. This is a welcomed game design compromise that I approve of.

Actually, the odds for the $250 prize appear to be pretty rough: 1 in 800.  I agree that I'm pretty satisfied with the prize structure.  Personally, I'd prefer if they dumped the $5M prize and added that to the $1M prize pool.  That would make the $1M odds: 1 in 840,000.

As far as the old $20 games, some games such as the Billion Dollar Blockbuster had superior odds to any current $20 game, especially considering that it had a $1M prize and $10M prize.  It is getting harder to compare the old $20 games to the new ones because the prize structure has changed so much.  I think the payout structure has declined slightly in the past several years.  However, compared to many other state lotteries, the prize structure is still pretty good.

Florida
      United States
      Member #171925
      January 13, 2016
      316 Posts
      Posted: September 17, 2016, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Gold Rush Tripler is the one that seemed to pop the most $500s, though I don't recall the odds. I was mostly playing the $200k/yr For Life game when Tripler was around, along with Billion Dollar Blockbuster, which seemed to really portray the hot/cold streaks we've seen in some games before.

And I think the latest Super Millions winner was on a 655k roll. (I'll take a sec here and see if I can find the image again. Couldn't find it, had to upload from a saved file.)

Also of interest might be the last 200k/yr win:

1 in 196.72 for the $500 on GR Tripler - Here

Florida
        United States
        Member #170508
        December 4, 2015
        31 Posts
        Posted: September 17, 2016, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

While hunting, I found another store with SuperMillions in 733 range .  Still 17 tickets remaining . Will scoop it up on Monday. Done for the weekend.

Florida
          United States
          Member #171925
          January 13, 2016
          316 Posts
          Posted: September 17, 2016, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Actually, the odds for the $250 prize appear to be pretty rough: 1 in 800.  I agree that I'm pretty satisfied with the prize structure.  Personally, I'd prefer if they dumped the $5M prize and added that to the $1M prize pool.  That would make the $1M odds: 1 in 840,000.

As far as the old $20 games, some games such as the Billion Dollar Blockbuster had superior odds to any current $20 game, especially considering that it had a $1M prize and $10M prize.  It is getting harder to compare the old $20 games to the new ones because the prize structure has changed so much.  I think the payout structure has declined slightly in the past several years.  However, compared to many other state lotteries, the prize structure is still pretty good.

I never played it, was out before I started playing other than the occasional ticket here or there, but the odds on Billion Dollar Blockbuster were better - noticeably:

Billion Dollar Blockbuster FL Lotto Odds page

Florida
            United States
            Member #172872
            February 7, 2016
            601 Posts
            Posted: September 17, 2016, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

I never played it, was out before I started playing other than the occasional ticket here or there, but the odds on Billion Dollar Blockbuster were better - noticeably:

The odds at hitting $1m on that game was incredible. Additionally, game odds at 1 in 2 seems amazing compared to what we have now. 

If they can still generate massive amounts of profit designing games like this, why not? Is it because they've been increasing the profit margin and decreasing the payouts over the years?

Florida
              United States
              Member #171925
              January 13, 2016
              316 Posts
              Posted: September 17, 2016, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

The odds at hitting $1m on that game was incredible. Additionally, game odds at 1 in 2 seems amazing compared to what we have now. 

If they can still generate massive amounts of profit designing games like this, why not? Is it because they've been increasing the profit margin and decreasing the payouts over the years?

I've no desire to do it, but you can go on FL Rules and pull the sheet for this one and calculate what was collected and what was paid out to see what % went to prizes. If I remember right, currently it's something like 70% or 72% I think.

United States
                Member #175371
                June 13, 2016
                204 Posts
                Posted: September 17, 2016, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

I always think the BDB was about handing out all the unclaimed/destroyed winning ticket money without any announcements ... ppl used to stand in long lines to buy those from stores ... just standing around and playing ticket after ticket .. scratch, get back in line over and over

Jacksonville
                  United States
                  Member #153806
                  March 26, 2014
                  345 Posts
                  Posted: September 18, 2016, 12:00 am - IP Logged

I always think the BDB was about handing out all the unclaimed/destroyed winning ticket money without any announcements ... ppl used to stand in long lines to buy those from stores ... just standing around and playing ticket after ticket .. scratch, get back in line over and over

The lotto folks definitely pulled the game early.  However, I believe it was due to the tickets.  If you thought scratching a $200K L4L ticket was hard, there was at least a 50% chance you would scratch a number off and it would be unreadible in that game.  The material was so tough that when you scratched it, that I suspect many retailers and players complained that they could not tell if they had a winner, etc.

FL
                    United States
                    Member #168858
                    September 20, 2015
                    131 Posts
                    Posted: September 18, 2016, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Recently I dreamt I hit 22,000 on a $20 scratchoff.  Weird one lol..

morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
                      Member #154519
                      April 19, 2014
                      243 Posts
                      Posted: September 18, 2016, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Won $30 on a Lucky $200,000 a year for life

Show me the money!

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #172872
                        February 7, 2016
                        601 Posts
                        Posted: September 18, 2016, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Won $30 on a Lucky $200,000 a year for life

Nice! 

@Oldghost - I'll check that out sometime tonight, and do some math.

@ Jasefan - Wow, well that doesn't surprise me. The odds of hitting $1m on that game were pretty <snip> good, and the overall odds of 1 in 2 made it so that playing that game could be sustainable. The $100 prizes were fairly easy to hit as well. That game was designed perfectly for the player. 

@ Gators - Wow, I didn't think anything could be harder to scratch than $20 LFL. If the $2 Electric 8s lasts any longer, I'd hate to see what that ticket would end up being like a couple years from now.

Also, I do agree with you that I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the $5M prize on Gold Rush Doubler and made the $1M prize easier to hit. (or $1m and/or $100k prize). In fact, doing so would be strategic to keep the demand on other $20 games while attracting customers toward the new Gold Rush for the common $500 wins and attainable $100k - $1m dream hits. Still, 1 in 179 is pretty <snip> good.

@ PendingSector, haha well I hope you find yourself a huge winner like that soon. Perhaps on one of the new upcoming ticket.

After looking at the new $5 Platinum 7s, it seems to be the same old Super 7s with a new design/name. Why do people love the $5 Super 7s so much? 

I think I might play with $60 on Tuesday when the new tickets come out, and might go with 2 of the new Gold Rush, 2 of the Platinum 7s, and 5 of the new $2 ticket.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

florida
                          United States
                          Member #98912
                          October 16, 2010
                          1274 Posts
                          Posted: September 18, 2016, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

on the 20th i am buying a book of those new 20 dollar tickets maybe florida lottery will throw a couple of good winners out  gold rusher

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #172872
                            February 7, 2016
                            601 Posts
                            Posted: September 18, 2016, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

on the 20th i am buying a book of those new 20 dollar tickets maybe florida lottery will throw a couple of good winners out  gold rusher

Good luck Mike! 

With the odds being 1 in 179 for a $500 hit, roughly 1 in 6 books will yield a $500 winner. I hope you find that $500 winner, and a profitable book. :)

There's a rumor/myth about tickets being hot when they're first released to reel in customers. If that's the case, week 1 may be the best time to do this.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #172872
                              February 7, 2016
                              601 Posts
                              Posted: September 18, 2016, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

The best thing about rechecking duds is finding a winner. 

So far, I only found 1 $20 winner from my stack of Super Millions duds, granted I went through rechecking 40+ duds. It was a single number match on the very last number, don't know how I missed that. I'm normally extremely thorough. I guess when you scratch large quantities of tickets, careless mistakes can happen. That Super Millions ticket was from book # 735329, and a single number match. Wouldn't it have been crazy if that were the jackpot, and it ended up sitting in a pile of duds with the fate of being thrown away? 

Friendly reminder to double check your tickets, ya'll! This bumps up my "$60" lotto play money for the new tickets up to "$80". If I find another winner, I'm treating myself to Sushi tomorrow. =p

Page 316 of 351