Welcome Guest
You last visited May 24, 2017, 12:10 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia Lottery Scratch Offs

Topic closed. 1122 replies. Last post 6 months ago by Dracos.

Page 71 of 75
PrintE-mailLink
Ga
United States
Member #133473
September 30, 2012
116 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2016, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Did my weekly play last night, didn't control myself and ended up chasing the $30 cash espectacular. Got burned bad losing about $140- $150. We'll see next week, hopefully better results.

Atlanta, GA
    United States
    Member #153005
    March 3, 2014
    331 Posts
    Posted: June 1, 2016, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

Played a $30 ticket today for the first time in at least a year probably 18 months or so. I decided to go with the Super Max The Money just on a whim. I got ticket #007. 

Now You're probably thinking at this point I won a big prize, but I didn't win squat. Teaser ticket all the way through. This is why I never play those tickets man. $20s I feel are much worse though and the upside isn't as high. 

$30 down the drain to start June. I don't regret trying the ticket, but its just annoying that my luck on higher priced tickets is so bad. I have better luck on $1 tickets man. 

No idea what I'll play next. Might try 1 more $30 ticket in a week or so at a different store. My usual store sucks at producing big winners now.

Douglasville, GA
      United States
      Member #126604
      April 12, 2012
      904 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2016, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to hear that Falcon. Same luck here. I have been playing here and there. I have hit several $100 wins but also went through a roll of Cash Spectacular that had a $50 winners and 2 Free tickets. Super Max has heated up for me lately. I have gotten the SUPER symbol several times. 

Sorry to hear Gold. Don't beat yourself up too bad. I am sure the $30 didn't take food off the table. Those $30 games are hit and miss.  Most times I buy 2.

Atlanta, GA
        United States
        Member #153005
        March 3, 2014
        331 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2016, 3:45 am - IP Logged

Sorry to hear that Falcon. Same luck here. I have been playing here and there. I have hit several $100 wins but also went through a roll of Cash Spectacular that had a $50 winners and 2 Free tickets. Super Max has heated up for me lately. I have gotten the SUPER symbol several times. 

Sorry to hear Gold. Don't beat yourself up too bad. I am sure the $30 didn't take food off the table. Those $30 games are hit and miss.  Most times I buy 2.

Yeah it didn't but the losses this year have been disheartening. I'll try one again soon for sure. I just can't do back to back at that price. The $10s are so bad and the $20s don't have much upside so I'm better off doing $30s I guess. $5s and I guess $30s will be my targets for now.

Ga
          United States
          Member #133473
          September 30, 2012
          116 Posts
          Posted: June 2, 2016, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

I QUIT!!  The scratch itch hit me hard today and went nuts. Went through about 30-40 tickets between $20 100x, $20 21st anniversary, $20 7,500 a week and $30 supermax from 2 stores. Highest winners was $50 twice and down $300- $400 overall. Horrible.

Came to realize my area just sucks. One of the stores I frequent goes through 2-3 rolls per day in the $30 tickets and I'm yet to see more than a couple $500 winners in  A MONTH. I asked the clerk and said nothing big lately, well no wonder why.

Falcon out FOR GOOD.

Douglasville, GA
            United States
            Member #126604
            April 12, 2012
            904 Posts
            Posted: June 2, 2016, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Been there Falcon! Some days are just crappie. I play at several different stores and I think that is the only reason I am successful sometimes. I play at 3 near my job and 5 around where I live. Last night I bought a few and lost from my Publix. Went to the gas station up the street and spent $80 on one Caesar and 2 Cash Spectacular from different bins and left. Scratched in the car and one of the Cash Spectacular had 5x $40 for $200. I  waited to cash it today and didn't play anything. I am trying not to have those days like you had but it gets hard. Just play sporadically because these tickets pay out very sporadic.

Florida
              United States
              Member #172872
              February 7, 2016
              995 Posts
              Posted: June 2, 2016, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Been there Falcon! Some days are just crappie. I play at several different stores and I think that is the only reason I am successful sometimes. I play at 3 near my job and 5 around where I live. Last night I bought a few and lost from my Publix. Went to the gas station up the street and spent $80 on one Caesar and 2 Cash Spectacular from different bins and left. Scratched in the car and one of the Cash Spectacular had 5x $40 for $200. I  waited to cash it today and didn't play anything. I am trying not to have those days like you had but it gets hard. Just play sporadically because these tickets pay out very sporadic.

That's solid advice Goherd. Here in Jacksonville, FL I'd say I have had similar experiences as Falcon recently. The payouts certainly are "sporadic". I've cut down alot recently because it is very easy to get burnt. 

Falcon, have you considered maybe shifting to only $5 tickets and forcing yourself to only buy 1-2 of the $20 tickets at a time? What I've noticed is chasing is generally almost always bad. Rolls are usually hot, or cold...with the ladder being the most common occurrence.

Ga
                United States
                Member #133473
                September 30, 2012
                116 Posts
                Posted: June 2, 2016, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

That's solid advice Goherd. Here in Jacksonville, FL I'd say I have had similar experiences as Falcon recently. The payouts certainly are "sporadic". I've cut down alot recently because it is very easy to get burnt. 

Falcon, have you considered maybe shifting to only $5 tickets and forcing yourself to only buy 1-2 of the $20 tickets at a time? What I've noticed is chasing is generally almost always bad. Rolls are usually hot, or cold...with the ladder being the most common occurrence.

Thanks on the advice Dracos, I think I'm going to start doing just that, play the $5 tickets instead of the high priced ones. Won't play the $10 ones though, I just don't like them. I usually only focus in the $30 tickets, today played a few but focused mostly on $20s for a change. Nothing good came out of that

I'll see how I do with the $5s.

Atlanta, GA
                  United States
                  Member #153005
                  March 3, 2014
                  331 Posts
                  Posted: June 3, 2016, 3:07 am - IP Logged

My urge to play higher priced tickets is gone. I tried the $25 Mighty Jumbo Bucks ticket today #008 and it lost. 

Played some other tickets as well in which I won back $8 of $20. The $8 was a $8 winner on the $5 Red Hot 5s. 

Really bad start to June. I'll do the $5s and the $3 Home Depot until further notice. The $10s and $20s aren't worth it right now IMO. If the new tickets for the month are $10s or $20s and they look appealing then I'll try them, but the ones out now I won't try.

Not going to play a whole lot more this month unless the new tickets for June look appealing to me. Goal is to not double my current spending that I already have for this month. Not sure how to word it. So like say I spent $50 already, well my goal is to not spend more than another $50 for the rest of the month. 

I'm also going to try and play at another store more often to see if my luck changes. Until the next time I play, later

Douglasville, GA
                    United States
                    Member #126604
                    April 12, 2012
                    904 Posts
                    Posted: June 7, 2016, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Added to my episodes of the dumb files. Played various tickets yesterday and lost about  $300. Played at 3 different places. Managed a $100 wins on 100x but lost that plus chasing $30 tickets. I need to take Dracos advice as well and play the $5 games.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #172872
                      February 7, 2016
                      995 Posts
                      Posted: June 8, 2016, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

Added to my episodes of the dumb files. Played various tickets yesterday and lost about  $300. Played at 3 different places. Managed a $100 wins on 100x but lost that plus chasing $30 tickets. I need to take Dracos advice as well and play the $5 games.

Sorry to hear man. We live, and we learn. I'm trying to follow my own advice as well haha. I know how tempting it can be on payday. I've limited my lotto play to two times a month. In the past couple of months, I've broken the rules I've set for myself mostly because there's this $10 holiday ticket still lurking around here in Florida with 2/2 jackpot prices remaining and less than 10% of the supply in circulation. The probability of hitting it is extremely low, but the elusive "what if?" can make throwing down a few hundred bucks seem rational at the time, although it clearly isn't. Many of us have to find a way to control this hobby so that it remains a fiscally sustainable one. I'm limiting myself to $100 a month now on lotto purchases, and diversifying the types I play. People who can play 1-2 $5 tickets at a time, or buy only a couple tickets and can walk away can actually enjoy the satisfaction of hitting a nice win here and there. When you play compulsively, it almost always ends up with you feeling like <snip>. The human mind remembers losses, but these games of chance where the odds are extremely stacked against us doesn't, and we sometimes listen to the fallacy "I'm overdue" and continue to pour money down the drain. 

I'm down for the year, but I've hit $1k on both a $25 ticket and $10 ticket in 2016. I've also met someone who won $10k on a $5 ticket. Big wins can come anywhere, and what I've learned is that forcing them almost never ends well. Even if you hit $100-$500, or a $1k prize, you're still likely to be "down" if you're a frequent lotto player. At least with $5 tickets, if you buy 10 tickets it is harder to burn your entire wallet. I've seen 7-8 back to back losers on $25 tickets here in Florida, with a $25 breakeven followed by more losers. (Which should be considered criminal, imo)

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Douglasville, GA
                        United States
                        Member #126604
                        April 12, 2012
                        904 Posts
                        Posted: June 9, 2016, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

Bad day again yesterday! Lost $160. But today I bought 1 Cash Spectacular ticket 000 and hit for $100. Cashed it and left!

Douglasville, GA
                          United States
                          Member #126604
                          April 12, 2012
                          904 Posts
                          Posted: June 13, 2016, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Back to no playing for me. I can't win anything. Played 4 different stores today and lost dam near $500. I have to take a break. The old me is coming back and that is not good!

Atlanta, GA
                            United States
                            Member #153005
                            March 3, 2014
                            331 Posts
                            Posted: June 14, 2016, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Back to no playing for me. I can't win anything. Played 4 different stores today and lost dam near $500. I have to take a break. The old me is coming back and that is not good!

When you feel like playing just tell yourself, how much am I willing to lose? Play that amount every now and then. If you lose it all walk away and don't look back or 2nd guess it. Good luck to you.

Saw an ad for $2 Ghostbusters tickets coming June 28th, so I guess they are doing new tickets a week later than most months. I'll wait till then to play more. I may do Keno here and there until then but thats just $1 or $2 depending if you do bullseye or a multiplier.

Douglasville, GA
                              United States
                              Member #126604
                              April 12, 2012
                              904 Posts
                              Posted: June 16, 2016, 11:08 am - IP Logged

The other day I took $50 and bought a 100x and a Cash Spectacular. The other 100x hit for $100 and the Cash Spectacular hit for $400. Sometimes it works like that and other days the total opposite. Of course by the time I hit anything else good I will have given all of it back plus! Just wish I could hit a $5000+!

Page 71 of 75