Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia Lottery Scratch Offs

1122 replies. Last post 3 days ago by Dracos.

Page 72 of 75
PrintE-mailLink
Atlanta, GA
United States
Member #153005
March 3, 2014
331 Posts
Posted: June 17, 2016, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I played a scratch off ticket today for the first time in almost 2 weeks. Played 2 $2 Red Hot 5s and 1 $5 Red Hot 5s. 

Only winner was on the $5 Red Hot 5s and it was this....

Ticket #002 by the way. I figured it was $30 when I saw the first $2, but $25 is ok with me. $9 spent $25 back! That will hold me over till the new tickets come out.

Douglasville, GA
    United States
    Member #126604
    April 12, 2012
    869 Posts
    Posted: June 17, 2016, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Nice hit Gold! You know I still have not seen a top prize on one of those yet. It is only $555 so stores would hang them up.

Atlanta, GA
      United States
      Member #153005
      March 3, 2014
      331 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2016, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Nice hit Gold! You know I still have not seen a top prize on one of those yet. It is only $555 so stores would hang them up.

Yeah I haven't seen one either. This is definitely my favorite $5 ticket since I started playing scratch offs. I have probably won $10 or $15 5-7 times, $20 once or twice, & $25 once. Even hit the $8 prize one time along with ticket a few times. 

Hoping I'll find a top prize on this when I play again soon.

Atlanta, GA
        United States
        Member #153005
        March 3, 2014
        331 Posts
        Posted: June 23, 2016, 1:05 am - IP Logged

The new tickets coming out next week seem pretty lame outside of the $5 ticket. I'll have to see the prize structure on it, but its called Super Tripler Win.

Its just a match and win with a few symbols, but theres a triple bonus box. I'd guess theres some weird prizes on that ticket like a $300 winner or something. 

They are also re-releases the Win $50 or $100 ticket. If I play its one time, but I'll make sure the odds aren't worse than the old one first because I have a feeling they'll make the odds slightly worse.

Douglasville, GA
          United States
          Member #126604
          April 12, 2012
          869 Posts
          Posted: June 26, 2016, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Some wins from the past couple of weeks. 

Same old story though.  Spent a lot to get them and gave most of it back.

Florida
            United States
            Member #167757
            July 29, 2015
            362 Posts
            Posted: June 27, 2016, 2:28 am - IP Logged

goherd, I'll be rooting for ya on the $10M Cash Spectacular second chance. I like how that's done. In Florida the few second chance drawings that happen are piddly. I know the odds are ridiculous, but saving one top prize for the second chance is nice (although the completely ambiguous years-long wait for the game to end--rather than just having a set date, however far out--is annoying).

Douglasville, GA
              United States
              Member #126604
              April 12, 2012
              869 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2016, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

goherd, I'll be rooting for ya on the $10M Cash Spectacular second chance. I like how that's done. In Florida the few second chance drawings that happen are piddly. I know the odds are ridiculous, but saving one top prize for the second chance is nice (although the completely ambiguous years-long wait for the game to end--rather than just having a set date, however far out--is annoying).

Thanks MrGray!  I agree though, waiting for a game to end sucks!

Douglasville, GA
                United States
                Member #126604
                April 12, 2012
                869 Posts
                Posted: June 28, 2016, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

Trying to play under control now.  Went to my work store today and played 100x because they were out of Cash Spectacular.  Thank goodness for that

I bought ticket 013 and lost.  The last $500 win on 100x was on ticket #012 so I bought one more and sure enough!  Didn't buy anymore until after work.  I bought 2 50x tickets and a 20x.  Got a free ticket on one of the 50x and then this on the 20x

Pretty good day.

Atlanta, GA
                  United States
                  Member #153005
                  March 3, 2014
                  331 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2016, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Trying to play under control now.  Went to my work store today and played 100x because they were out of Cash Spectacular.  Thank goodness for that

I bought ticket 013 and lost.  The last $500 win on 100x was on ticket #012 so I bought one more and sure enough!  Didn't buy anymore until after work.  I bought 2 50x tickets and a 20x.  Got a free ticket on one of the 50x and then this on the 20x

Pretty good day.

Looks like you're cutting down on the losses little by little. Nice wins! Especially the 100x ones, never seen any of those 100x symbols in person. 

I played 5 of the Super Tripler Win tickets today and won Ticket twice, so not too bad. Hopefully will have better luck tomorrow.

Douglasville, GA
                    United States
                    Member #126604
                    April 12, 2012
                    869 Posts
                    Posted: June 29, 2016, 10:09 am - IP Logged

Thanks Gold! I just have to learn to quit if I lose on 2 tickets. Chasing is what kills me. I have very rarely hit anything over $100 chasing. All of my  $500 and  $1000 wins have been the first or second ticket out. I hit $1000 once chasing. 100x has been very good to me lately. The night before getting this $500 I won $100 with the win all symbol. Again I played 2 tickets. 

Side Story on chasing, I had been playing 21st Anniversary hoping to hit that last million or at least a big remaining prize. I played tickets 000-007 and only won a free ticket. Came back the next day to finish out the roll. The last 2 tickets were both $30 winners. I have always hated that game! That was when I knew I needed to cut back.

Douglasville, GA
                      United States
                      Member #126604
                      April 12, 2012
                      869 Posts
                      Posted: June 30, 2016, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I am done. I have no control. Lost <snip> near $800 at 4 stores.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Atlanta, GA
                        United States
                        Member #153005
                        March 3, 2014
                        331 Posts
                        Posted: July 3, 2016, 3:00 am - IP Logged

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

It happens to the best of us, but maybe not to that extent. Good luck on getting yourself under control.

I have played like 3 more Super Tripler win's since the other day and nothing still. Have yet to win more than Free Ticket on it. I'm going to try it a few more times and If I still hit nothing much I'm done playing it for a while at least. 

Hoping I can find a really nice winner soon like $100 or more. Its been a while man. Haven't played a $10 ticket in ages, maybe I should give that win $50 or $100 ticket a shot one time, or nah lol. Never won more than Free Ticket on the older version of it.

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #172872
                          February 7, 2016
                          615 Posts
                          Posted: July 3, 2016, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Sorry to hear Goherd. I've had similar splurges before, but it isn't sustainable. It leads to a vicious cycle of chasing. If someone is buying through that many duds on a $25 ticket, chances are it is mostly likely a "revenue generating roll" with a poor return of probably $300/$1000. We have many rolls like that in FL. Buying one or two from a roll and being done is the way to go. 

What works for me is: 

Paying all bills in advance (and leaving only what is necessary for gas/food in my bank account - this prevents me from even considering scratchoffs)

If you really feel like it is a problem that isn't controllable, try attending a GA (Gambler's anonymous meeting). They offer really supportive and laid back groups across the country. I attended one during my last splurge.

Atlanta, GA
                            United States
                            Member #153005
                            March 3, 2014
                            331 Posts
                            Posted: July 13, 2016, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

In the last 10 days I haven't had too much luck except on the $5 Red Hot 5s. I have had another $20 winner and a $15 Winner on that ticket. Also a couple days ago I won $16 again on the $5 The Cash Wheel Ticket. $32 is best winner I had on The Cash Wheel, but that was 2-3 months ago. 

Not playing too much and when I do its $2, $3 and $5 tickets.

Atlanta, GA
                              United States
                              Member #153005
                              March 3, 2014
                              331 Posts
                              Posted: July 16, 2016, 3:24 am - IP Logged

Staying persistent on a ticket pays off. I have played the $5 Red Hot 5s quite a few times. Definitely $100-$200 worth, but I have had plenty of luck on them. The other day I played at a Publix, and bought 1 $5 Red Hot 5 from the counter and 1 from the machine. #026 and #033 both losers. Friday I go back, and decide to buy from the machine since the roll behind the counter has barely sold any tickets. Out pops ticket #030, and #033 was the one I had the day before. Barely anyone touched that roll in 1 day. Someone probably bought 2 $5s and didn't think to get a 3rd, which I can't blame. However if they bought one more or if someone came along 5-10 minutes sooner and bought I wouldn't be here to tell you this amazing story. Its been a while since I have hit big, but that drought is over thankfully. This win should hold me over for a while. 

$300 winner! Spent $9 actually, but still a great profit!

Page 72 of 75